Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 3:15 pm Post subject: STEAM release of WAR Reply with quote

I just noticed that Matrix released WAR on Steam today. Claiming enhancements and support for HD.
The Matrix standalone installer is updated with a new version as well. - The GOG-release was probably was a success, so I guess this means that they will release all the rest of their CC versions on Steam as well.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:54 pm Post subject: Re: STEAM release of WAR Reply with quote

It installed fine and now includes the same options as LSA under Options/General;
- Framed Window
- Use DPI
- Scale Front End
- Scale UI
- lock Mouse

I assume the scaling is still fixed at 1.5 like LSA. This definitely helps on my 1920x1200 though I would prefer 2x to not blur the UI images.

Didn't notice any other changes. All the files have a new date so you can not easily tell if any were edited or not. Most likely the changes are limited to the exe.

I would hope to see TLD next, most likely in June, since WAR/TLD are almost identical.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:31 pm Post subject: Re: STEAM release of WAR Reply with quote

They did leave out the CC4Classic from this edition, but cant see any changes in any of the data files or graphics, no. You are correct the .exe is a different size.

I bet they will release both TLD and CCMT. - I am hoping for more CCMT players you know Very Happy

Btw Tejzd. I am working on a stratmap creation tutorial for PIFT/GTC - would you have some time to review it in a few days to give some feedback before its published ?

Tejszd

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:48 pm Post subject: Re: STEAM release of WAR Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
They did leave out the CC4Classic from this edition, but cant see any changes in any of the data files or graphics, no. You are correct the .exe is a different size.

I bet they will release both TLD and CCMT. - I am hoping for more CCMT players you know Very Happy

Btw Tejzd. I am working on a stratmap creation tutorial for PIFT/GTC - would you have some time to review it in a few days to give some feedback before its published ?

Good catch on CC4Classic, that does explain why the installer is so much smaller. Wonder if before uninstalling the previous version you could copy CC4Classic somewhere else and then paste it back to run as a mod???

For the stratmp creation tutorial I would gladly do a review when you have it available.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 9:29 pm Post subject: Re: STEAM release of WAR Reply with quote

Thank you for your offer to help out. Appreciated!

I did an additional install for the new WAR version and just tried copying the CC4Classic over and it works!

vobbnobb

Rep: 73
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:14 pm Post subject: Re: STEAM release of WAR Reply with quote

why did they leave out cc4?

My WW2 CC Series TimeLine
http://tinyurl.com/n2vrec5

Tejszd

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: STEAM release of WAR Reply with quote

vobbnobb wrote (View Post):
why did they leave out cc4?

I thinks it because of the deal to let GOG sell CC games which includes Close Combat 4: The Battle of the Bulge;
https://www.gog.com/game/close_combat_4_the_battle_of_the_bulge?&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkK_Y5cWs6QIVBBLnCh3h8gDsEAAYASAAEgI0h_D_BwE

If they kept including it why would anyone buy CC4 when you can buy WAR and get the new maps/strategic layer plus the original CC4 maps/strategic layer.

For anyone upgrading;
- copy the CC4Classic sub-directory somewhere
- uninstall the old WAR version
- install the new WAR version
- Copy the CC4Classic sub-directory back
- Create a Shortcut to start WAR with the CC4Classic mod

DELETED

Rep: 15.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 2:48 am Post subject: Re: STEAM release of WAR Reply with quote

Panthers in the Fog and Last Stand Arnhem also on Steam.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: