Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Bungarra

Rep: 137.3
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:01 am Post subject: Isolating the Bungarra way Reply with quote

Mustering on Mileura cattle station in the Murchison Western Australia during lockdown.

These little Suzuki Bull buggys will go any where... sandy creeks, 75 degree banks, 3 inch trees  Shocked

They are also big enough to handle the scrub bulls.... bashing them into the right direction  or pulling them up... head to head with a big bull they come off second best... they may try again but soon realize its folly after they wake up... Rolling Eyes

Nothing like the adrenaline rush trying to head these big mothers off, all the while dodging trees, stumps, and creeks... why I have even had em stick their head in the passenger side and open the cooler to see what I had for lunch..  Laughing

Where I live is an adventure every day I just love it.

By the way.. a Bungarra (Bung) (arra as in arrow) is a sand goanna (Goulds goanna) for anyone interested.

I had a mob of cattle few weeks ago and came across an eagle and bungarra fighting, the eagle flew off as the mob stomped through. The old bungarra wasnt looking too flash though. It was only a matter of time before the eagle would finish him.

Cheers hope you enjoyed the post

11.jpg
 Description:
following the leader back to the main yard
 Filesize:  290.49 KB
 Viewed:  3303 Time(s)

11.jpg

10.jpg
 Description:
Toyota Landcruiser country for every day use... Horses for course's... the mighty little suzukis for scrub bashing
 Filesize:  549.18 KB

10.jpg

9.jpg
 Description:
I love Western Star trucks.... better than a Kenworth IMO
 Filesize:  372.05 KB

9.jpg

8.jpg
 Description:
Sometimes the creeks are that thick the only way through is battering, its all about getting where the plane tells you at speed. I carried this tree for a couple of klms trying to hit other trees to get it off.... but in the end...
 Filesize:  467.99 KB

8.jpg

7.jpg
 Description:
The road is the strip at times
 Filesize:  385.54 KB

7.jpg

5.jpg
 Description:
Unloading at the main yard to draft and tag
 Filesize:  431.46 KB

5.jpg

4.jpg
 Description:
What an awesome piece of machinery
 Filesize:  446.16 KB

4.jpg

3.jpg
 Description:
These Bull Buggy's are awesome when it comes to controlling stock
 Filesize:  353.81 KB

3.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
Loading from portable yards
 Filesize:  502.75 KB

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
Slowing the mob down
 Filesize:  152.32 KB

1.jpg

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

JFFulcrum

Rep: 77.5

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:10 pm Post subject: Re: Isolating the Bungarra way Reply with quote

Strange that truck seems like lacks a central tire inflation system, ain`t it a requirement for Australian trucks?

Desertmouse

Rep: 54.3

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:29 pm Post subject: Re: Isolating the Bungarra way Reply with quote

Nice pics my friend

If l wasn't here in old Blighty I'd join you in my Subaru haven't given a good testing for a while!

Have fun and stay safe

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:00 pm Post subject: Re: Isolating the Bungarra way Reply with quote

Nice pics. Love the colours. But where do you find water in such an arid place?

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Bungarra

Rep: 137.3
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:46 am Post subject: Re: Isolating the Bungarra way Reply with quote

Fortunately Pete there is plenty of underground water and windmills are used to pump it to the surface.

The Murchison areas were opened up in the late 1800's as pastoral runs (stations) and sheep were introduced for grazing.

Unfortunately greed took a hand and the pastoralists ran as many stock as they possibly could to get maximum returns.

Mileura for instance ran an average of 25000 sheep right up to 30 years ago and the consequences are plainly visible from the constant grazing.

That with no winter rain for 3 decades and the country is not looking that flash. The place is 500,000 acres (250,000) hectares. Roughly 100 klm X 80 klm

My place is much smaller 175,000 acres. We are hurting here too but fortunately we have not been so heavily grazed though to an untrained eye you wouldn't know it. In days gone by each station had its own little community of family's now.... its a one man band, quite a handful on your own. But we can rely on each other when in need.

Mick (in the white Daihatsu) and I are relatively new comers to the pastoral industry about 26 years and we are trying hard to right the wrongs of the past owners but we have been snookered for lack of rain.

I destocked in 2009 and Mick destocked most of the place this season as again the year has not been kind to us. But the man on the land always looks in hope to the next year. We rely on off station income to pay some bills.

JFFulcrum... as far as I am aware the central inflation is not mandatory here.

Desertmouse..... Your welcome to try that little Subaru but I think the country would be a bit rough for her 99% of stations have suzis as bull buggies

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 3:57 am Post subject: Re: Isolating the Bungarra way Reply with quote

This is so interesting Bungarra thanks for posting.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 3:35 pm Post subject: Re: Isolating the Bungarra way Reply with quote

Nice!.. It is no surprise Mad Max is created and filmed in Australia. Those trucks really seem as if they were used in a Mad Max movie Smile

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: