Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Homba

Rep: 34.9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:20 am Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

Miss yall. But things are good. Hope yall are well. I sometimes wonder what became of every one of you. Bunch of good people.

CC2 Homba.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB
 Viewed:  13526 Time(s)

CC2 Homba.jpg

Last edited by Homba on Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Homba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:35 am Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

Got in the time machine at web.archive.org recently and traveled back to the remnants of T-House and thforums.

I recommend it.

You're probably both familiar with this site, but I don't think I had ever played around with it, and i had forgotten my intent to hunt around for tournamenthouse.com and thforums.com archived content. Low and behold, I was reminded of this archive just this week, and look what turns up.

PZL's battle reports

Boro's battle reports

These were in 2007. Lot of the newest AARs were not archived, but scroll down and the earlier ones all seem to be. I have not tried to look hard at stuff later than 2007.

Tons of nostaligia: posts and views of the old sites that got archived by this service back in the day. Even to the extent that you can click on the T and look at the old game reports. Now many of the newer ones aren't archived, but i think the older it is, the more likely it was crawled over by their archiving bot.

So almost every one of PZLs earlier posts are there. Some of the posts in THForms are accessible as well, but often not - i have not spent a lot of time at either of those two sites archieves yet, but already have seen there is a lot to see.

As you can see on the main view, when you arrive at web.archive.org and type in either Tournamenthouse.com or THforums, the sites were crawled over a long period of years. So I haven't been able to tell yet what is saved and what is not, but its interesting.

If you guys take any time looking at this, post a link to any gems you unearth. For example, i haven't even got into that part of THforums that we devoted to "the best of" AARs... there was some good stuff in there. Probably accessible to some extent in these archives. It really is like getting into a time machine.

How epic is this banner. And used to know who those dudes are. One of them was a long time player -- edit -- memory jogged, I believe it is: gs_weichs... why would I think this unless it was true!? -- the other was Boro's neighbor who had never played much, I believe. And on the left is an ancient computer, maybe a Commodore 64 or something, and I believe weichs photo-shopped in the view of Son Bridge... priceless.

THbanner1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  123.06 KB
 Viewed:  13520 Time(s)

THbanner1.png

Last edited by Homba on Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Homba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:49 am Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

More good stuff. Not sure about the timeline here. I thought TH was long gone by 2012-2013, as the first posts in this thread would indicate. But supposedly these are the crawl dates... dunno... time dilation... memory dilation.

Look at that last one: "CC2 Community - Planet Earth Division" ... there is no expletive that can punctuate that. I tried to come up with some. None of them add anything at all. Do you remember the heyday of that? Good times.

THrank2012.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.77 KB
 Viewed:  13513 Time(s)

THrank2012.png

THrank2007.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.68 KB

THrank2007.png

Luft_KnHan drawing.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.96 KB

Luft_KnHan drawing.png

TH2013.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.66 KB

TH2013.png

Homba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:06 am Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

You must look at this:

Veterans/Old Guard page from then is really nice to look at for the names... each name evokes memories.

http://web.archive.org/web/20130125053050/http://www.tournamenthouse.com/CC2/TTopDogs.shtml

My games from the Jan. 2013 last archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20090112235612if_/http://www.tournamenthouse.com:80/CC2/2view.cgi?username=Homba

Many of you will be able to find your game list in the same way. Many loss and victory reports still accessible. The older, the more likely.

but oddly stop at end of 2008... hmm... surely I played some after that. I must have to be on the standings in 2013, because you disappeared if you hadn't played in a couple of weeks... so that's more of the time machine oddness.

That's it from me. I never quite lost touch with Boro last of all, and emailed him about stumbling upon these things recently. Definitely deserve to be commemorated here. I was thrilled to see a few of your names posting as recently as this year. I hope yall stumble over this thread and get as big a kick as I did. I turned on notifications for this post so hopefully I'll see replies.

My best wishes to everyone.

Ocelotl

Rep: 24.1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:52 am Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

My first game against Homba ended like my last. The irony :)

Victorious
Ocelotl (876) Homba (1284) 2004-07-13 02:27:23 Ocelotl

Victorious
Ocelotl (1235) Homba (1397) 2008-12-23 04:57:04 Ocelotl

But what a jump in the rankings, only took me four years!!! Thanks for the post and the links Homba, good memories.

Side note:

Recently, I got an itch to play CC1. When I say itch I really mean obsessed. I have the cd and tried to install it on Win 7 64bit OS and I just could not figure out a way to do it. There are a few solutions, run a virtual machine and install a copy of Win 98 on my PC or build a new/old PC which runs 98. I tried the VM route once with another game and the game performance was less than desirable. Building a Win 98 machine is a bit extreme and cumbersome, I did not go that route. Finally, I found an easier cheap solution; buy the game on GOG for less than 6 bucks and be done with it. They don't officially sell CC1 on GOG, but if you buy any of original versions of CC you get a free copy of Close Combat. Just thought I'd add that in there for those of you who want to play CC1.

Gaming update:
I have yet to find an adequate replacement for CC2 multi-player. I still play Mount and Blade Warband multi-player (not as often as before), I am pretty damned good at it too!
Recently, I started thinking about ASL, Advanced Squad Leader board game and bought a used copy, of the first module, Beyond Valor. Fookin expensive, $139 after all was said and done. Its a great game and the CC series has its roots tied to that game. I also found a wargaming group in my area and a few of the members play ASL. So, I am going to be back in action soon! ASL is on par with and actually   exceeds the CC series in terms of realism and complexity, but its an entirely different animal since it is turn based game.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

Hey guys... still lurking about. Good to see you are all doing ok.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:58 pm Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

Homba,
I got involved in the community at the end, and played almost exclusively causally if I recall correctly (I sucked as a player  Embarassed ). All the same, the names on that leader board are a blast from the past, JIHADXX, BoroXXX, zon...

As you said the guy in the allied helmet was a friend of BoroXXX, the german helmet is actually Chris Crawford the dev of Atari's Eastern Front (1941). I remember we actually emailed him to ask permission to use his photo in the banner. I might even have the email exchange with him still archived somewhere. Around that same time we made a whole bunch or new banners for the THouse.

Homba

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:30 am Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

dgfred and nembo, great to hear from you guys, yes nembo you've refreshed my memory on that - good times Smile

EagleEye

Rep: 14.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:36 pm Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

Hello, I've bought CC2, therefore I have even CC1 that you get for free with any of the classics and I'm looking for some nostalgic player to play any of these 2, please answer on this post or write me a PM if you are interested to play
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

ArnieTERM

Rep: 20.9

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:35 am Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

I tried playing CC2 years ago but got sound errors or something, can't remember what it was. Plus when You moved Your cursor to move the map, it moved it all the way across. Guess PCs got really fast over the years lol. I don't even know where to look for My CD, last I did see it, it was in bad shape.

I hope everyone is doing great. This community was a big part of My late teens/early 20s.

ArnieTERM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:48 am Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

Also, I can't seem to read the battle reports as they don't show up for Me.

CareFactor0

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:43 am Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

Hi all

Just couple days ago a colleague and I were discussing games at work (I know, we should've be working not gas-bagging about games) and topic somehow changed to this game. After that I just had to come back and see whats left of the old CC2 ladders and the great community we had back then. I've been away from this game for over 10 years and I'm sad to see that THouse and TH Forums are gone although thanks to Homba's archive post here I managed to get a peak into old ladders and read some great AARs including some of my own from back in the day. Damn we has some great battles  Twisted Evil. Back in those days I was known as Luft_Tiger but I couldn't recover my old account here as I forgot the password and I'm not using the old email account anymore. Maybe Mooxe can help with this problem. Anyway I just wanted to say Hi and to see how everyone is doing these days and of course to find out if anyone is still playing this game. I've just managed to reinstall the game and I'm trying a GC vs AI. I can't believe how bad I am, my old self would be ashamed of me right now Smile. I really hope there are still a few old timers here reading these forums, it would be really great to catch up with all of you. Take care.

CareFactor0 aka Luft_Tiger

ArnieTERM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:59 pm Post subject: Re: T-House down -- 2015 update & CC2 rally point Reply with quote

If any of the old CC2 players see this, join the CC Discord server so We can all catch up! Myself and Homba are there and would love to hear from You guys.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: