Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:39 pm Post subject: Steam Release & New Version 5.50.20 Reply with quote

On the Matrix forum they have announced that TLD is now available on Steam; https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4822710

They do have note for those who do not want the Steam version; "Important note for Matrix users. Close Combat: The Longest Day Matrix version will need to be uninstalled and installed again to get the improvements working."

While they do not mention any changes/features my guess is that this release includes the scaling options already available in LSA and WAR.

I'll try to the install later today once I get all the mods copied out. The full release package is labelled v5.50.20 and is smaller than the original. I assume that, like WAR, they removed the classic version so copy that somewhere before doing the uninstall.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:54 pm Post subject: Re: Steam Release & New Version 5.50.20 Reply with quote

After uninstalling and reinstalling TLD you copy the ClassicCC5 directory back under TLD and create a shortcut.

To create a shortcut do the following;
Start Windows Explorer
Go to your TLD installation directory
Right click on the right side of Windows Explorer and select New / Shortcut
Click Browse, point at the file CCE.EXE and click the OK button
Type in your shortcut name and click on the Finish button
Right click on the newly created shortcut file with the name you typed in above
Select Properties
Click on the Target entry field and add at the end " /D" along with the mods folder " classicCC5"

Note: I renamed the ClassicCC5 folder/directory to Mod_CC5Classic before setting up the shortcut and taking the image below;

Shortcut Properties.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.91 KB
 Viewed:  3935 Time(s)

Shortcut Properties.jpg

chessmaster

Rep: 33.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:44 pm Post subject: Re: Steam Release & New Version 5.50.20 Reply with quote

What is that scaling option anyway?

And no bug or game improvements?

Part of being a commander is knowing when to smile, make the troops happy
even if it is the last thing in the world you want to do

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:39 am Post subject: Re: Steam Release & New Version 5.50.20 Reply with quote

The scaling options help on resolution monitors;

Scale UI (in battle)
• Turns on User Interface graphic scaling when in battle (squad pictures, support icons, etc.) by 2.0 x the original size

Scale Front End
• This option increases/scales the front end user interfaces (Main Screen, BG Screen, Scenario Editor, etc. all which do not have a map background) by 1.5 x the original size. This makes them bigger on screen but hurts image quality slightly as every 2 dots must be merged to add 1 new dot that is not in the original image.

Obey DPI
• this is a Windows setting to scale things based on the Dots Per Inch. 100% means 1 to 1, 200% means each graphic image dot would use 2 dots on the monitor/screen doubling its size. Haven't tested this so I do not know what in the game scales based on DPI. Note: since this is a Windows setting everything in Windows that obeys DPI will have its size changed. To make it work in game you must change the Windows setting from 100% to something else and turn on the Obey DPI option.

There is no mention of any other changes.

Edit:

Lock Mouse
- if you run a in window the mouse will be locked to the app/screen and scroll the map screen when you move to the edge instead of switching to Windows or another app.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day

Jump to: