Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1210
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
lohtse

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:25 pm Post subject: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

Is it just me or can the AI tanks hit you even when there is no LOS??

So many times my armour is hit even though I have NO LOS on any of the AI's tanks...  Seems to be no matter which side you play...I can be lining up a shot on a tank and find I have no LOS then suddenly it fires(tank am trying to fire at) and my tank is knocked out!! Just don't friggin understand how!! Have even had it where I can't see through the hedges yet they can and have taken out my armour!! Doesn't happen in mods or other CC series(at least I have not noticed it)

So is this a bug etc??

regards
Lohtse

mooxe

Rep: 221.4
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

We call it one way LOS. It exists is most Close Combat versions. The conditions to meet One Way LOS are difficult and it's usually a rare occurrence. You're description sounds like it's very common in GTC, I have limited experience with that game. In any Close Combat the advantage to tank duals usually goes towards the side whose tank is stationary. The tank that's moving to make a shot has a disadvantage. This is usually because the maneuvering tank's turret and hull and not lined up to the target.

Here is a short video of One Way LOS from CC5: Stalingrad.

Link

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:18 pm Post subject: Re: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

Link

Around the 10 minute mark there is some really odd One Way LOS with my KVs to the 88cm Flak.

lohtse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am Post subject: Re: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
We call it one way LOS. It exists is most Close Combat versions. The conditions to meet One Way LOS are difficult and it's usually a rare occurrence. You're description sounds like it's very common in GTC, I have limited experience with that game. In any Close Combat the advantage to tank duals usually goes towards the side whose tank is stationary. The tank that's moving to make a shot has a disadvantage. This is usually because the maneuvering tank's turret and hull and not lined up to the target.

Here is a short video of One Way LOS from CC5: Stalingrad.

Link

I get hit even when the AI's armour is moving and I have no LOS .....LOL  It is really annoying... And certainly happens more in GTC. I have had it happen in Longest day, CC4  and in LSA   but is rare... For some reason it happens regularly in GTC   which is really annoying and frustrating..

Another thing I noticed is I can position BEHIND  AI's armour, order my unit to fire and will be facing AI's tank which is facing opposite direction yet 50% of the time the AI will turn, fire and knock out my tank before mines even fired!! Again this happens regardless of which side I am.

For me at least there seems too be issues with GTC, Yet if I run a GTC mod they seem to happen rarely which I find odd.

Is there anything I can do to resolve the issues??

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:33 pm Post subject: Re: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

One Way LOS also occurs when playing against a human opponent. It has been a while since i played head to head but I remember once being accused of cheating because I took out a tank that apparently did not have LOS on my tank.
I have honestly never tried to analyze the phenomenon and it is just a wild guess but could it be possible that vehicle height is a factor, where the taller vehicle has an advantage over a lower vehicle? Another possible reason might be the positioning of the vehicles versus the element where the LOS goes through. Mapcoders know that perfectly aligned elements are impossible with diagonal lines and there are often gaps between adjacent identical elements. One vehicle might just be on that element that enables LOS between 2 elements while the other is not.
Just some random thoughts.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:36 pm Post subject: Re: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

Thanks Pete. In the second video I posted the KV is not getting LOS to an 88cm gun. I wondered if it was because the vehicle is so large. LOS from the KV was being calculated from an area on the tank that was not the turret?

lohtse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:30 pm Post subject: Re: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

all valid points...

questions is now how the heck does this happen"Another thing I noticed is I can position BEHIND  AI's armour, order my unit to fire and will be facing AI's tank which is facing opposite direction yet 50% of the time the AI will turn, fire and knock out my tank before mines even fired!! Again this happens regardless of which side I am."???

and why does it happen more in GTC  for me..

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

If you could an example somehow we could probably get a better determination.

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:34 pm Post subject: Re: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Thanks Pete. In the second video I posted the KV is not getting LOS to an 88cm gun. I wondered if it was because the vehicle is so large. LOS from the KV was being calculated from an area on the tank that was not the turret?

Yes I recognized the situation. This has actually happened to me quite a lot. I think it is only vehicle on vehicle engagements in general by the way. I now recall that I once checked the height coding of the element where i suspected the vehicle was positioned but couldn't find a direct link.
Incidentally, I have not come across a similar situation when playtesting my COI mods.
I have no idea how LOS is actually calculated.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

lohtse

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:43 pm Post subject: Re: AI can always HIT you Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
If you could an example somehow we could probably get a better determination.

If you are referring to the being behind the AI tank yet it still knocks you out    already did.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Gateway to Caen

Jump to: