Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:17 pm Post subject: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I thought it might be a good idea to summarize the finished modding projects of 2020. I don't just mean complete mods but everything related to the modification of Close Combat games, including tuturials, updates, conversions, etc. etc. as long as it was finalized in 2020. It's a good idea to remind everybody that we still have an active modding community.
So don't be shy and list your finished work in a post below.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 2021!

Pete

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

Last edited by Pete on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pete

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Let me kick-off myself:

I finished the conversion of the Scheldt mod for CC5 to COI .

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Great topic to sum up 2020 from the Close Combat perspective.

I always have a bunch of unfinished projects laying around but some things actually get finished now and then:
In 2020 I finished:

- Stratmap tutorial for GtC/Pift complete with scripts and actions for Photoshop.
- a stratmap for OP Silver Bayonet a Vietnam mod for Panthers in the fog.
- Overview map mod with contour lines for Close combat modern tactics.
- The map "Mischeira" for Close combat modern tactics by adapting a map from another game.
- Converted tree graphics from GtC/Pift from 32- to 16-bit and made a terrain file to enable tree overlay for those games in 5CC.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:56 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

For 2020 I did the following;
- converted CC5 Winter War to TLD
- updated TLD Bloody Omaha
- updated TLD Meuse twice

For 2021 here is what I plan to do;
- update TLD Meuse
- convert TLD Meuse to LSA by May 10
- convert CC5 ? to TLD ?. Might go straight to LSA.

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:19 am Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Happy 2021 everybody and stay safe from C-19.  Much appreciated for all the hard work on Mod projects and updates.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:36 am Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

2020 is probably the year I really came back to Close Combat. Have been absent for many years but usually kept up a minimal presence to keep things online here. As such the Close Combat Player's News where I kept track of all your mods and patches fell by the wayside for the past decade.

As for projects completed... With the team campaigns of GJS and Meuse we have a combined total of 569 multiplayer games played since 01 Aug 20. Of those we recorded and live streamed 481 which are on the YT channel. Some battles you can watch both sides. Have enjoyed watching both sides of a streamed fight on two monitors. The Meuse GC has been about 90% recorded, a big increase from GJS which was near 60% recorded. All these 40+ year old guys streaming and watching streams must make their kids proud!

For this next year I am hoping we can figure out a proper installer for the Steam/Matrix/GOG versions of all the mods. I would like to optimize the mods here by using a singular install method. This will make it easier for new players, old players, and hopefully increase how many people try mods.

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:27 am Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

I have not finished anything but as Mooxe, 2020 is the year of the come back (thanks to Viceroy and SchnelleMeyer). I will try to shape an old dream for this year : a new version of the Stalingrad mod!
The plan is to port the game to the LSA version with a new stratmap and 64 new maps. Dima will be able to say which changes will come for the datas. The mod will be released in 3 parts as the amount of  work is tremendous. You will be able soon to see and discuss the progress on this forum and on discord.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:10 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

That sounds awesome Manoi! Looking forward to anything ported to LSA.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:11 am Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Yes that would be huge to get new standardized installer for Mods compatible with Steam / GOG versions.  That was the only way I got into CC mods was due to Real Red auto-installer about 20 years ago super easy to install had no experience with mods back then.

And that would be amazing Manoi if you and Dima updated new Stalingrad mod!  That was the REAL close combat. Perhaps with the smaller maps like what PJ did with Der Kessell.  

I would also like to see Sliterine/Matrix re-do the "classic" CC games with modern graphics and keep core gameplay characteristics similar to the original and make them all mod-friendly.  Especially CC2 and CC3 IMO

corsair

Rep: 45

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:15 am Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Happy New Year 2021 to all of you CC gamers,

On my side I have finished 10 new CC3 maps named Minsk.
They just need to be checked if playable ....

Corsair

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Well, what are we waiting for Corsair? - Lets test them Very Happy

corsair

Rep: 45

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:21 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

I am just waiting for a link to upload them .... Rolling Eyes

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:38 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

OK cool! - I see so we are waiting for Mooxe... - You could upload to a free file host service like Mediafire or Google drive in the meantime though.

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:56 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):

- update TLD Meuse

Manoi wrote (View Post):
I have not finished anything but as Mooxe, 2020 is the year of the come back (thanks to Viceroy and SchnelleMeyer). I will try to shape an old dream for this year : a new version of the Stalingrad mod!
The plan is to port the game to the LSA version with a new stratmap and 64 new maps. Dima will be able to say which changes will come for the datas. The mod will be released in 3 parts as the amount of  work is tremendous. You will be able soon to see and discuss the progress on this forum and on discord.

Meuse and Stalingrad ported to LSA (and each with a new stratmap and 64 maps): if you guys can pull this off, 2021 is going to be an epic year for CC modding!

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:50 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
2020 is probably the year I really came back to Close Combat. Have been absent for many years but usually kept up a minimal presence to keep things online here. As such the Close Combat Player's News where I kept track of all your mods and patches fell by the wayside for the past decade.

As for projects completed... With the team campaigns of GJS and Meuse we have a combined total of 569 multiplayer games played since 01 Aug 20. Of those we recorded and live streamed 481 which are on the YT channel. Some battles you can watch both sides. Have enjoyed watching both sides of a streamed fight on two monitors. The Meuse GC has been about 90% recorded, a big increase from GJS which was near 60% recorded. All these 40+ year old guys streaming and watching streams must make their kids proud!

For this next year I am hoping we can figure out a proper installer for the Steam/Matrix/GOG versions of all the mods. I would like to optimize the mods here by using a singular install method. This will make it easier for new players, old players, and hopefully increase how many people try mods.

Massive achievement, those vids!

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Bel8910

Rep: 80.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Finished modding GTC to Vietnam, based upon CC3: Vietnam.

FUPA

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:21 am Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

You all rock!!!
Just had to say it.
Thanks for everything,
Andrew

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

- update TLD Meuse

Hey Tejszd, how are your projects going?

Tomorrow is May 10  Very Happy

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:17 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

Amgot wrote (View Post):

- update TLD Meuse

Hey Tejszd, how are your projects going?

Tomorrow is May 10  Very Happy

and the significance of that date is?

ok ok ok.. cant even keep a straight face.. LMAO.. good  idea though.. breaking out meuse or france 40 mod for a historic day.

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: Finished projects 2020 Reply with quote

would definitely an updated version of meuse

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: