Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Author
7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this is an error, or just a flaw in the CC4... :what2

My first experience of this was when I placed an engineer squad in the building by the prison entrance vl with a Twisted Evil smile;
-Just to see what felt like 200 maori rifle coming from the north-east...

Have a picture of this "super-Bren": -this is the THIRD time it drives over a L3 wall!! Smile

Have also noticed the same phenomena at the castle on the Castle Hill map; -The brave defenders just moves right of the walls if you have them on defence or orders them to move...

Is it possible to make these walls "real walls", that is impassable except at the 'right' places?

Super-Bren.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  266.72 KB
 Viewed:  43233 Time(s)

Super-Bren.JPG

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Von Manstein

Rep: 13.3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for your faster answer.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote:
Don't know if this is an error, or just a flaw in the CC4... :what2

My first experience of this was when I placed an engineer squad in the building by the prison entrance vl with a Twisted Evil smile;
-Just to see what felt like 200 maori rifle coming from the north-east...

Have a picture of this "super-Bren": -this is the THIRD time it drives over a L3 wall!! Smile

Have also noticed the same phenomena at the castle on the Castle Hill map; -The brave defenders just moves right of the walls if you have them on defence or orders them to move...

Is it possible to make these walls "real walls", that is impassable except at the 'right' places?

This is not CC4 but a coding error made by me.

I'll add it to the bug list.

Thanks for posting the bug.

Aetius

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You really apreciate how tough para troopers are, when you rely on their MG teams keeping calm and accurate.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:14 pm Post subject: Re: The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mist Reply with quote

A little late to the party, but just wanted to say that this is a great mod, I've been playing it for the last 3 days and been having a lot of fun. It is challenging as is with out the vetmods, I already lost a BG(!) and have another on a tight spot. I like the huge variation of teams, it is refreshing. As for bugs I have not found any crippling ones, only the ones mentioned here and of course the crewed weapons without crew assigned. I should make a little fix for this for all the mods.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:56 am Post subject: Re: The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mist Reply with quote

Hello,
I was just curious,Are these maps still available in the original full size?

And is there any updates on the horizon?

Aetius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:36 am Post subject: Re: The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mist Reply with quote

Hi,

The full size original maps where not coded when i started the Crete mod, only the cut up maps where coded.

But i might have the original maps in *.pdf or *.jpeg somewhere on my backup CD's i've made years ago.

No, No updates on the horizon.
I stopped playing(modding) the classic CC games when i bought my 24" screen, i can't seem to find a screen size that works for me.

However i've often thought what a good platform LSA would make for the Crete mod.
The ability to merge BG's is ideal for Crete, depleted units/regiments/sturmgruppen could merge to KG's as they did historically.
Unfortunately i don't have the time anymore to do this.

If you want i'll see if i can find the full size originals and mail them to you.

Aetius

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:43 pm Post subject: Re: The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mist Reply with quote

Aetius wrote (View Post):
Hi,

The full size original maps where not coded when i started the Crete mod, only the cut up maps where coded.

But i might have the original maps in *.pdf or *.jpeg somewhere on my backup CD's i've made years ago.

No, No updates on the horizon.
I stopped playing(modding) the classic CC games when i bought my 24" screen, i can't seem to find a screen size that works for me.

However i've often thought what a good platform LSA would make for the Crete mod.
The ability to merge BG's is ideal for Crete, depleted units/regiments/sturmgruppen could merge to KG's as they did historically.
Unfortunately i don't have the time anymore to do this.

If you want i'll see if i can find the full size originals and mail them to you.

Aetius

Hi Aetius - long time have not seen you around.  I have the same issue trying to find good screen size for my 23" LED monitor...and have issues running all the classic CC games on Windows 7.  However all the re-releases work fine on the wide screen monitor and Windows 7.

Yes maybe there is a way you can share your great work on this mod and one day the CC community can convert to LSA / TLD / PitF.  I bought PitF on sale for only $20 and it works especially good on larger monitor.  

Weren't you working on other mods also as I recall?

Aetius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:37 am Post subject: Re: The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mist Reply with quote

I still lurk around, playing the Kharkov mod on WAR now.
max screen resolution setting on the re-releases also work fine for me (i own WAR and LSA).

Original full scale maps where made by Moloch and Dom, if someone is planning to convert the mod to the re-release games, please feel free to use anything you want from the CC4 Crete mod.

No, i wasn't working on any other mods.

Aetius

paratmar

Rep: 34
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:10 pm Post subject: Re: The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mist Reply with quote

Kreta (1941) About the military actions of German troops on the island of Crete. https://youtu.be/Fk4aqxlbjz0

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:52 am Post subject: Re: The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mist Reply with quote

Link isn't working?  Best documentary I saw on Crete invasion was the Discovery Channel "Wings of the Luftwaffe".  Was that what you found?  Not many left remaining on YouTube.  Also Wings of the Red Star was very good.

paratmar

Rep: 34
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:05 am Post subject: Re: The CCIV Kreta (Maleme-Chania sector) v1.0 bugs and mist Reply with quote

Part 1 - https://youtu.be/MIRdA6JUGBs ...... part 2 - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_PeOJhqAKnng0E9e2TF5osEvUztpkdak/view?usp=sharing

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC4 Kreta, Maleme-Chania sector
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: