Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
elmomother

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:45 pm Post subject: Vetmods? Reply with quote

Any sign of a vetmod coming out for either the germans or russians? I started playing the mod on the weekend after it came out but was finding it too easy. The russians never put up much of a defence at all,especially on the larger maps - cursed CC5 AI! Sad And I had just too many troops (and this was me on elite, then on recruit,15mins,2 warning, enemy see and full info for them). Then the patch came out and I thought I'll not bother starting again until a vetmod came out. Is there one in production by either the team or a fellow player?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Stal team has no plans for vetmods.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

For a real challenge come play at www.gamespy.com Wink

Antifa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:59 am Post subject: Re: Vetmods? Reply with quote

elmomother wrote:
Any sign of a vetmod coming out for either the germans or russians? I started playing the mod on the weekend after it came out but was finding it too easy. The russians never put up much of a defence at all,especially on the larger maps - cursed CC5 AI! Sad And I had just too many troops (and this was me on elite, then on recruit,15mins,2 warning, enemy see and full info for them). Then the patch came out and I thought I'll not bother starting again until a vetmod came out. Is there one in production by either the team or a fellow player?

I'm half way there to making one. Maybe I will do something consequential over the holidays in December -- I have the Russian weapons notched up a bit now. But a real "Close Combat" Vetmod -- for play against the AI (as many of us don't have time to really guarantee anyone an uninterrupted game) -- would involve knocking Armor down to a minimum - not fun for those who dig the tanks or historical authenticity but it make for good fun playing against the AI -- Also it should be said that the Stalingrad Mod teams has already done an incredible job balancing the Agressivity of the BGs, so it should be pretty easy to make a decent Vetmod.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Antifa,

wait for update first Wink . As there will be alot of new things in it(not sure if it will be compatible to 1.1 ver)...

caribacey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

A VetStalingrad mod would be awesome.
The Stalingrad is my cc5 mod of interest at this stage. When I need a Close Combat challenge against the AI, I go to cc4 and the VetBoB mod.

SA_Acey

gravyface

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for a vetmod. The germans should be bowling over my pathetic Russian defenses, especially in the outskirts of the city. I'm on day 3 and I've yet to lose a battle, even with some BGs down to one or two AT rifle teams.

Gleto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, the only reason why I'm still playing CC series is because of the vetmods. Still play CC2, but I never realized how awful the sound sfx on it until recently (the whole cacaphonic repititious sound of rifles, hope someone mods it if its doable).

It's not Stalingrad's at fault, it's those damn coders in Atomic--wish they'd up the anti on A.I. instead of just reclessly dishing out a game solely for its franchise.

Sure there is the multiplayer aspect of it, but most of the time I'm on the road with my job and like to twiddle time off with some CC action in my laptop. So it's SP for me.

Right now I got back to the thick of things with this fantastic production of a mod. Only the depressing part is the A.I. On one scenario when they had ARMORS and completly outnumber me, they spent 90 percent of the time mosing around the map--which are great maps btw. When 1 minute away from time running out finally elapsed, they got the fantastic idea of attacking my poorly armed troops. But this attack was ' send a few soldiers towards VLs then kiss the ground when a small pepper of mortar comes their way, and spend the rest of the gametime practicing their butterfly strokes thereon' attack. Then time runs out, uch depressing, such a great game ruined by A.I.!

Anyways, had to get that off my chest, hope there's a breakthrough with A.I. It would be nice to see them back in their natural element found in halcyon yore of CC and CC2. They squat, they run, and rarely do they prone in the open. Ah the aggressive cunning A.I. that always whooped my arse, them were the good times.

tigercub

Rep: 23.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Mac wrote:
For a real challenge come play at www.gamespy.com Wink
i worry what crap gamespy puts on my computer besides the files it needs! is there some were else i can play ccv stalinglad besides there?

The best Target is the one you just Hit!

Started with CC1 Demo

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: