Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
schutzearsch

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:12 pm Post subject: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Hello,
I've started to play CC (well I never realy stopped) but when I realized that there are rereleases of the old CC games like Invasion Normandy and Battle of the Bulge  and also completely new ones like Panther in the Fog I was totally hooked again.

What I really really like is the acurate depiction of WW2 squad sizes, weapons and loadouts (contraty to the older games).

I'd like to make some changes to the WAR sqauds however (mostly give the Volksgrenadier Squad StG44 instet of MP40) but also some other minor changes.

For CC4 and CC5 there was this awesome editor which allowed you to change just about everything, squad sizes, soldiers on a squad,the weapon of a special soldier, also basic weapons data. But unfortunately I can't find anything like this for CC WAR.
Can anyone help me?

Kind regards

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:31 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

In WAR and the other newer releases you use a spreadsheet program to do your data edits. DL the WAR workbook from the DL section of this site.

schutzearsch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Thank you very much first!

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to use it.

Maybe you or anyone could give me a quick tutorual or point me in a direction where I may find one.

Do I have to keep the WaR Workbook at a special folder on my PC (like in the game folder) or does it not matter where I keep it?

If I wanted to replace the MP40 in the VG Sturm squad with StG44 what would I do?

Open the axsteams file with ediotror word pat and the what would I look up in the workbook and which numbers do I have to replace?

And what would I need to do If I wanted to change the number of clips carried by a specific solider?

Regrads and thanks in advance!

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:57 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Keep the workbook (WB) anywhere - It doesnt matter.

To change the weapon carried in a squad - you would actually change the soldier.
- Go into soldier tab of the WB, take note of whats the index number of the MP40 and the StG44 soldier.
- Go into axsteams tab and find the team you want to change - locate the soldier coloumns and change the number from MP40 soldier to StG44 solider number.

save this sheet from the counter down ,  as "tab delimited text"  name it Axsteams.txt
Backup your original Axsteams.txt file and replace it with the new one. enjoy Stg44s!

Number of clips is in the soldiers sheet.

schutzearsch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:07 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Ohh OK, I think i got the hang of it!

Soldiers of the squad changed for MP40 leader 2x MP 40 Soldier and MP40/Panzerfaust to StG44 leader 2 x StG44 soldier and StG44/Panzerfaust, numbers of clip carried changed from 7 to 6.
I backuped the whole base folder before I changed it.

Thank you very much!

I might have a few more questions over the next few weeks but looks like I've got the hangof it for themoment.

Thankx again!
Kind Regards

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Maybe TT's VetBoB mod (adapted to WaR by platoon_michael) can be useful to you.

You can download the mod here
http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/platoon_michael/VETBoB/

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:54 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

If you have Microsoft Excel maybe have a look at this.
I tried to make it user friendly for myself when I was learning how.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/platoon_michael/WAR%20Files/Wacht%20am%20Rhein%20Graphic%20Workbook.zip

YAMATO

Rep: 11.4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:56 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Hello everyone.
I also have a big problem with the CC WAR edition, I miss such a useful application as QClone...
Is there any simpler alternative to this tedious search for items in Excel? I'm trying to change forcepool in vetbob mod.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:47 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Hi Yamamato: Attached is Triarius excel tool to edit the data. Its configured for TLD data out of the box, but it can easily be adapted for WAR by changing the input data.

CCEditor.zip
 Description:
Triarius CCeditor

Download
 Filename:  CCEditor.zip
 Filesize:  949.44 KB
 Downloaded:  72 Time(s)

YAMATO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:15 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Thanks for your help but I'm still stuck.
I don't know what the problem is, in the 8th forcepool line I want to change the unit from beute M8 to Tiger by adding their number to 3. Despite copying the forcepool file to the Data directory (the one from the mod), this Greyhound is still there.

2023-08-18_180846.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  290.69 KB
 Viewed:  2814 Time(s)

2023-08-18_180846.jpg

2023-08-18_180652.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.8 KB

2023-08-18_180652.jpg

2023-08-18_180604.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  350.6 KB

2023-08-18_180604.jpg

2023-08-18_180540.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  285.26 KB

2023-08-18_180540.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:39 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

So you want to remove the M8 beute and replace it with Tigers?  - OK, make sure that you are editing the correct Forcepool - Is there more than one BG with Peiper in its name?

YAMATO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:34 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

I'm sure it's the right forcepool, I just edited the forcepool from a clean WAR and the changes took place... So I don't know what the problem is. It seems that this mod file is something hmm different.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Hmm maybe try changing something else in the mod Forcepool for the Peiper BG and see if it changes ingame as it should

YAMATO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:16 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

I tried with other formations and still no success, two photos showing that there is no difference between them but there must be a problem somewhere...

2023-08-18_194627.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  283.86 KB
 Viewed:  2790 Time(s)

2023-08-18_194627.jpg

2023-08-18_194544.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  300.85 KB
 Viewed:  2791 Time(s)

2023-08-18_194544.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

I cant even get the mod to work with my version of WAR so its hard to help you out here. What version of the game are you running?

YAMATO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:37 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

I have version 4.50.32 + mandatory VetBob 1.03

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:49 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

OK, I'll have to update then as I had 4.50.14

YAMATO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:00 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Thanks for the attention ScnelleMeyer, I will reinstall everything and continue to struggle. I play a bit in modding, I try to change the composition of the forcepool a bit and also make small corrections to other files, necessarily sound files.
This is what VetBob looks like under CC5 for me:
I dream about the option of 25 units in the forcepool window, I know that the sepoup file is responsible for it, but what next ...

CC5VetBob.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  255.94 KB
 Viewed:  2777 Time(s)

CC5VetBob.jpg

YAMATO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:45 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

I declare that the problem is solved, reinstall helped Very Happy

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: Tool to Edit squads, weapons data etc. for CC WAR Reply with quote

Awesome! Great to hear!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: