Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
GameRat

Rep: 44.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:17 pm Post subject: LSA Vehicle repair - does it work? Reply with quote

Recently playing the "Breakout" Operation in LSA GJS 9.4 ... and can confirm 100 percent for sure that the Vehicle repair feature does work.

During a battle ... I had a Tiger II immobilized on a road by a 17 pdr ATG. The Tiger II and 17 pdr exchanged a few more rounds each, but the Tiger II prevailed ... knocking out the 17 pdr.
Over the course of the same, above mentioned, battle ... I also had a Tiger I immobilized while "Moving" through a treed area.

Looking at this Battle Group next turn ... the Tiger II was repaired and came back, but the Tiger I didn't get repaired and was removed from the Force Pool.

Steiner and I were pretty sure it worked, but the above example is proof that the "repair vehicle" feature works in the latest Matrix patch for LSA, version 6.00.02

GameRat

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:45 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Vehicle repair - does it work? Reply with quote

Quote:
17.6 REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT
Tanks that have been damaged are able to make some repairs in the field. All damaged tanks are assigned
for field repair after each battle. 40% of damaged tanks can be made functional, but the rest
are either too damaged for repair or are scrapped for parts to repair the 40% that survive.

Battle Groups out of supply have reduced chance of repairing damaged vehicles.

40% chance with supply...

Chance reduced when out of supply...

Chance reduced with lower cohesion.

The function of repairing vehicles does work. Does the function work within these parameters?

Some more observations...

In the TLD Meuse GC no units are healing cohesion, even with multiple days of rest. If I take the GC save file, and play it vs AI, I can heal cohesion. If I take the same save file and play between two computers in my home from start to end of turn, I can heal cohesion.

When we trade the file around, we cannot heal cohesion.

Could this be the same case for the LSA GJS GC? I kept track of tank losses starting half way through. The only tanks ever to survive damage were two (Axis) that were simply "damaged" but otherwise fully functioning. Any tank immo'd or main gun out were essentially a KO. Maybe this had something to do with cohesion lessening the chances of repair also.

GameRat

Rep: 44.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Vehicle repair - does it work? Reply with quote

Hi Mooxe,
interesting observations about the TLD Meuse GC ... strange about the cohesion not being regained after resting BG's.

As for LSA GJS multiplayer ... I think BG's regained cohesion when taken out of the fight.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Vehicle repair - does it work? Reply with quote

yes...interesting observations mooxe. it did appear in the GJS group GC that repair was minimal at best ...and like you i did see 2 or 3 axis vehicles and 1 or 2 allied that were damaged come back but they didnt come back as much as in GR and i's H2H GC's that we have had.....IMO in those it appears that the 40% come back works.

im wondering in GJS too ....because supply ...and what is supposed to be in supply and not in supply....the supply function in LSA is wonky and particularly in GJS...that were seeing this in the repair % ....seeing a lower % repaired even tho we see the BG in supply. does that make sense?

cohesion in the group GC worked IMO...the german doesnt get to rest his BG's as much in a GJS GC so when we did...it was noticeable.

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: