Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:14 pm Post subject: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Hi CC addicts,

As you may already have seen, we are working on a new version of the CC5 Stalingrad mod. The mod was already ported to TLD and will probably be ported to LSA in its first version. The Angriff version is an all new version for LSA that depicts the first days of the attack on Stalingrad in september 1942. This new version will have a new stratmap and 64 new maps. Also the BG, units and datas will be updated. Some new vehicles grafics will also come along
a new UI. Old vehicles grafics wil be resized (10 pixels/m to 8 pixels/m) to match the maps grafics. You will be able to see the updates on this forum, on discord and on facebook. Don't hesitate to comment, to bring some suggestions (not sure we will follow them  Laughing ), to criticize (not too much please) or to flatter us  Cool (the best option  Laughing ) : in any case your interest is our only salary! The development will be slow : drawing 64 maps is not an easy thing. So we will release the mod in 3 parts : the first release will be the completed mod but with only the 16 maps of south Stalingrad (from Kuibyshev sawmill to the Tsaritsa) + op/battle for this area. I hope to be ready before july 2021. The second part will be the central city and the Mamayev Kurgan areas. The third release will be the factories area north of Stalingrad.
Today I show you a preview of the new stratmap and the slicing for the maps. As you can see the city is stretched from north to south and bordered by the Volga. German attacks will come from the west side of the map. Russian reinforcements will come across the Volga. The first maps of the suburbs will be more open rural areas but will be more and more "closed" in the urban part of the city. This preview is under development and may be changed before the release.

slicingweb.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  895.19 KB
 Viewed:  13005 Time(s)

slicingweb.jpg

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Awesome looking strat map!

Looking forward to the LSA Stalingrad release!

Edit: I better get LSA Meuse done ASAP as I'll want to play Stalingrad in the summer

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:14 am Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Sounds promising Manoi.

I'll stand by to create the installer package.

What's the Facebook URL people can view updates on?

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:09 am Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Good Luck Manoi. I was already looking forward to that, but really glad to hear that it is an iteration of the CC5 Stalingrad with new additions.

KG_Loki

Rep: 25.4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:04 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Oh, can't wait for this one!

CCV Stalingrad by far my favorite mod...

Good luck and thanks!

Manoi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:02 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

@Mooxe : Close combat group on facebook or my personal page Angriff!

Manoi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:05 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

A very good video in relation with the stratmap : Battle of Stalingrad

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:14 am Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

This mod will rock! - Just wait untill you see the beautiful maps Manoi has created!- Thank you for the effort and hours - The stratmap looks very nice.

Jatke

Rep: 69.7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

My vote would be for all map areas to be labeled on the Stratmap. Might not look as pretty, but would be more useful. Understood that map area names are displayed on mouseover, but that's not always enough.

The scenario editor map should also be labeled with VL point totals for each map to aid in making scenarios with respect to the game's VL-based victory conditions. Optionally, the Stratmap could be labeled with VL pts as well.

The Angriff and Meuse/LSA mods are perfect candidates for custom Save file scenarios. Other than their briefings, the entirely generic stock Battles, made in the scenario editor, arent anything special. Players can easily make similar scenarios by the dozens.

Manoi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Great suggestions. I'm gonna think how to introduce these elements on the stratmap. Maybe the solution is to make a "table of contents" on the stratmap (I have a lot of unused space on the right of the map).

Jatke

Rep: 69.7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:13 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

I like the legend idea. A legend accompanied by a scale and, strictly optional of course, a compass rose  Shocked

rose.jpg
 Description:
Some random gothic letter added as a flourish
 Filesize:  287.15 KB
 Viewed:  12755 Time(s)

rose.jpg

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:12 am Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Yes! I have always enjoyed Stalingrad. It will be awesome ported to LSA as then you are able to have units leave areas while still under control if you have a reserve unit. Can't wait for this and Meuse.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:51 am Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Thanks Manoi looks very promising!  Kind of tough to get the old CC versions working, glad to see this.  Good idea to break-up the development into separate parts.  And to save time, perhaps the Maps can be downsized in smaller scale.  I would estimate the Map sizing can be shortened by as much as 1/2 size (vs original) or at least 1/3.  

@Mooxe - any chance for self-installer .exe?  appreciate your help with the installer

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:26 am Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

awesome cant wait !!

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

backblast

Rep: 6.5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:41 am Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

bring it on!

Manoi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Grain silo map preview (wip)

silo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.13 MB
 Viewed:  11608 Time(s)

silo.jpg

Astalon

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:24 am Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

This looks excellent - many thanks for your work.

Manoi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:37 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Kuibyshev sawmill map preview (Wip)

Kuibyshev.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.27 MB
 Viewed:  11073 Time(s)

Kuibyshev.jpg

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:25 pm Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

So, Manoi, when you say, "Some new vehicles grafics will also come along," does this mean new vehicles or a redoing of vehicles in the previous mod?

Really looking forward to this, as well as any other mods you enterprising modders come up with. Prefer WWII with tanks, though.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 1:03 am Post subject: Re: Angriff - Stalingrad mod for LSA Reply with quote

Impressive work Manoi, haven't seen maps quite like that in very high resolution.

I wish that next gen TBF games would keep the 2D view because it has such better realism and quality of graphics.  And this is pretty much what modern commanders see from Satellites / Intelligence reports top down.  Or in WW2 it was the recon planes taking their own high-res pics surveying the opposition.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: