Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Sbufkle

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:07 am Post subject: COI Mod Swap Reply with quote

Got COI and I am in process of taking literally couple hundred old back up disks and extracting my old CC3 stuff. Want to finish some GC and other crap for mods I made but didn't totally finish.

I downloaded the Modswap from the Matrix site, but the readme file on how to use it is not there. Need t know how to use it and since it was like so many years ago, whats needed to take my mods and map packs to make them into COI modswap files. A little embarrassing since when I worked with the devs on the game when COI was released I converted many the hard way but forgot what needed to be done! lol!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:00 pm Post subject: Re: COI Mod Sawp Reply with quote

Best thing to do here is download a COI plugin and extract the mod.ini file. These are instructions on how ModSwap is to install the mod.

Unsure if all the CC3 elements and what not will be compatible with COI without some messing around. I believe Schrecken was the one who converted most of the CC3 to COI mods and he has been absent from here for many years.

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:27 pm Post subject: Re: COI Mod Sawp Reply with quote

Why use modswap and not an installer now when /D switch has been introduced in all CC series?

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: COI Mod Sawp Reply with quote

COI uses /D now as well?

Sbufkle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:08 pm Post subject: Re: COI Mod Sawp Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Best thing to do here is download a COI plugin and extract the mod.ini file. These are instructions on how ModSwap is to install the mod.

Unsure if all the CC3 elements and what not will be compatible with COI without some messing around. I believe Schrecken was the one who converted most of the CC3 to COI mods and he has been absent from here for many years.

Good idea! Now its coming back to me, was that INI file plus a small graphic if you want. Now I remember when originally COI launched there was nothing more to convert.

Sbufkle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: COI Mod Sawp Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Why use modswap and not an installer now when /D switch has been introduced in all CC series?

Used modswap in  the past and it worked well.. why fix something not roke.. I just needed to remember how to get it going! ;)

Dont know what a D switch is either!

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: COI Mod Sawp Reply with quote

Well with modswap you need to make an install script.

D switch is a folder within the maingame folder that contains the mod in question. This mod folder reflects the structure of the main game install with Base, Graphics, Maps folders and so on.
An installer will easily create the structure and put a shortcut to the mod on the desktop. The beauty of it is that any mod can be started at any time - also the stock game files are intact and can be played at any time.

Only those files actually needed for the mod is placed in the mod folder, the game will get the files "missing" from the main game folder.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:59 am Post subject: Re: COI Mod Sawp Reply with quote

Appearantly the D/ switch function on COIs last patch/Installer doesnt seem to work as intended. I have reported it to Matrix.

Sbufkle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:31 am Post subject: Re: COI Mod Sawp Reply with quote

ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Appearantly the D/ switch function on COIs last patch/Installer doesnt seem to work as intended. I have reported it to Matrix.

Id prefer to use Modswap, but again with no readme in the file Matrix has, can you tell me name and were I put the files that will be swapped in and out?

Thanks!

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: COI Mod Swap Reply with quote

If th /D switch ends up getting fixed, its possible to remove Modswap all together.

Sbufkle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:31 am Post subject: Re: COI Mod Swap Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
If th /D switch ends up getting fixed, its possible to remove Modswap all together.

Cool, I am still transferring all my files from disk to external drive, as I plan to mod with COI s alot of work to do then sort, and  until the modswap D switch is sorted I will play LSA which I just bought!

Thanks guys!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: