Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:54 pm Post subject: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

I made these plugins for coi about 1.5 years ago but never uploaded them..  medical issues and i just kept forgetting to ask mooxe for the credentials..

if any one is interested, ill ask mooxe if i can upload.. these have been extensively tested and besides 1 hiccup where some files didnt not uninstall (caused crashes because the a map was only partially there).. solution..l  the files MUST NOT BE read-only or the mod swapper will not uninstall the file. once i deduced the solution.. the install and uninstall flawlessly

my readme---------------------------------
CLOSE COMBAT : CROSS OF IRON MAPPACKS PLUG-INS

The purpose of creating these mappacks was to allow a COI player to have access to a large number of maps but cut down on the load time from having a large map folder.These mappacks can be used with any mod even though a few might reference a mod that does not exist for COI.This is because I took several mappacks from CC3, to further increase the number of possible maps to choose from for COI

These mappacks are a collection of maps that are put into a plug-in format and has the naming convention MAP_"mapname"_PLN. Just drop the *.cc3 files into the plugins folder which should be located in 'Program Files\Close Combat\plugins'. Once there, the mad swapper utility should recognize them,just like any other mod. Some of these mappacks are rather large and take several minutes to install thlough

WARNING: While you can technically install all 24 mappacks at once, there is a finite limit to the number of maps this game is capable of loading. As near as I can calculate, Its around 500 maps. If you receive an "invalid parameter" error,then you have too many maps installed. Uninstall a mappack at a time untill the game boots ups w/o error. Installing more than 10 to 12 mappacks will put you danger close to that limit

The more maps that are in the folder, the slower the game will load as well, so take that into consideration. i would keep no more than 3 or 4 mappacks installed at any one time, so the load times wont be too excessive.

NEIL REICH aka KG_BRANDENBURG
june 20th, 2019

I also made a CC3 to COI pacmod conversion..  my version has all the pacific/nam maps as part of the plug in as well.. Pacific is awesome.. All hail Ron gretz..  i love WF for multi but pacmod with a few tweaks /edits to the rarity to cut down on jap tanks for the ai.. and a custom campaign ... killer in single player..

2021-05-03_094519.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.26 KB
 Viewed:  4688 Time(s)

2021-05-03_094519.jpg

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:12 pm Post subject: Re: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

hmm.. thought some one would of replied by now.. did ya think i was BS'in.?.. just because i dont come around much these days doesnt mean i dont know my shit when cc is concerned.. still and always will be the most experienced zeppo and mod swap script writer without equal in in this entire community .. not like the shit is hard either.FYI, i wrote some of the 1st plugs for some of the earliest most in existence such and the pacmod and GJS beta. enough about that though.. if ya remember the ms zone, then ya know i was like 'tech support 'on the zone.. with data editing and plugins

ill add..  these plugins where never meant for the community at all in the beginning but for my own personal use . I only had the idea of sharing them when the community when asked awhile back if i would, so i made a readme.. even if i don't upload them here, ill send them on  request basis via drop box without a thought as long as the person isnt a dick and doesnt irritates me. i suspect i want have that issue here with a fan base i think quite highly of

KG

2021-05-04_093328.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  80.04 KB
 Viewed:  4640 Time(s)

2021-05-04_093328.jpg

reconscout

Rep: 60.5

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 6:55 pm Post subject: Re: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, I like CC3/COI the best but have not played in awhile. I do not come around here that much too.

that which does not kill you makes you stronger

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:39 pm Post subject: Re: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

Didnt see this post when you posted it a few days ago, but I hope Mooxe will host your work on the server, because this is a great resource for COI players. I remember you gave the link in 2019 was it? - I think I actually either forgot to DL them or have misplaced the DLs somewhere on a HD... Would be great to put this up! Thanks for the effort Neil.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:04 pm Post subject: Re: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

I am migrating CCS away from plugins wherever possible and standardizing mod installs as much as possible as well.

I believe COI has the /D function implemented, but not working?

CC3 on the other hand will continue to use the plugin function, but I plan to make the plugins into EXE format as I am with CC5.

I am working backwards from CC5 down to CC3.

Post them KG and they will go onto the to-do list here at CCS. Do these map packs have any campaigns created?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
I am migrating CCS away from plugins wherever possible and standardizing mod installs as much as possible as well.

I believe COI has the /D function implemented, but not working?

CC3 on the other hand will continue to use the plugin function, but I plan to make the plugins into EXE format as I am with CC5.

I am working backwards from CC5 down to CC3.

Post them KG and they will go onto the to-do list here at CCS. Do these map packs have any campaigns created?

no campaigns in the plug ins

while I respect your effort on the new way of doing things for installing for bthe strat versions of CC..  In this instance plug ins are superior to the exe method for map packs for cc3/coi.. now, there are campaigns created for these maps maps or some but these are only maps..ill use your new method for cc5 and up but cc3/coi, i still will be using plugins.. besides.. i also use plug ins to make my battle packs for coi..  20 battles per for online play only..  since i use several mods, this prevents loading up a custom in a wrong mod and crashing

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

and what is this /D function.. never used it

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 pm Post subject: Re: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

i also do apologize if my post seem a bit aggressive too.. been real sick this last month and im having a bit of a hard time

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

The EXE method for CC5 simply installs the plugin to the plugins folder. It only changes the "delivery" method to your hard drive. You still have to open Config Manager to install. I have configured the installer to look for the registry entry on where the Config Manager Plugins folder is in order to further reduce user input. The regular method is easy enough for some, but not the masses.

The /D function is how all the new re-releases work. No requirement for plugins. The installer creates a new folder in your Close Combat root folder called for example "BattleofBerlin." Inside that folder is every modded file for Battle of Berlin. To start the game you make a new CC shortcut. In the example your shortcut would be "CC5.exe /D BattleofBerlin." The games engine will load every mod file, and other files it needs that are not in the mod folder, it takes from the base folder.

This is how GJS and Rhineland45 are working for LSA currently. Most The Longest Day mods are using /D also.

So plugins for CC3 are fine, but I will be changing the install method. Once COI has a functioning /D switch, I expect to no longer host COI plugins. Standardization and simplification are my main goals.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:45 pm Post subject: Re: COI MAP PLUGINS Reply with quote

thx for the explanation

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: