Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
 Author
Hank

Rep: 1.3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich. I was a Freshman in college.

bexx76

Rep: 38.5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

ROMMEL, LAST GLORY AT KASSERINE : http://zargosl.free.fr/rommel-UK.html
JENA:  http://zargosl.free.fr/jena-UK.html
YORK TOWN: http://zargosl.free.fr/yorktown-UK.html
NORGE: http://zargosl.free.fr/norge-UK.html

lol it was 1986, i was 10 years old, i received the games from a friend of my father....

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

1st console wargame was Panzer general on PS1.. I had a war game for sega but cant remember its title
1st PC wargame was infact the awesome Close Combat III
1st board war game was carrier strike by MB in 1980.. followed by dawn patrol by TSR in 1982.. then anzio '74,stalingrad,wooden ships and iron men and stratego around 1985

MörserCarl

Rep: 37.1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:31 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Massive snowball fights in Greenland! (does it count?) Sure felt like all out war.

dan_the_general

Rep: 9.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:33 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Arnhem or Theatre Europe on ZX Spectrum +.
I play both, but dont remember which was first.

DELETED

Rep: 15.1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:18 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

CC A Bridge too Far. Then a friend told me about another CC game that had just been released at the time - CC3 The Russian Front. Bought that a couple of days later. Awesome series.

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:49 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

1st PC game was CC3 and bought it in 1999.. and been a fan ever since

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:06 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

I started table top wargaming when I was a kid...too long ago to remember  Very Happy I have close to a thousand 25 mm napolionic figs I don't use now. I started playing CC at CC 2 and was hooked.....love CC.
my favorite right now is LSA / GJS mod. stock LSA isn't that great per say but love all the game options it has. IMO it was the pinicle of CC for that....all the stuff we wanted in a CC game. matrix finally listened...then after LSA took some of the options out....sigh.

I have great hopes for the bloody first....hoping Matrix listens to the people who buy there games and improves on it to make better CC games.....so far im not getting my hopes up in that dept........sigh

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:15 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Plastic soldiers on a brown and cream, 12" tiled linoleum bedroom floor, between my bed and my bother's. Assorted toys were used to landscape the battlefield, from Ft Apaches walls to Lincoln Logs (which 'explode' really well when hit solidly). Every turn you got to move 3 soldiers half a tile each, attempting to get a guy to the enemy goal line. After WeGo movement you got to shoot, from up on your bed, as many rubber bands as there were soldiers left alive for you. MGs got to shoot as many rubber bands as you could fit onto your fingers in 1 shot. Mortar and bazooka men got to use the heavier gauge rubber bands. One soldier was secretly selected to be your sides leader. If he got killed you immediately lost.
We had rules for determining who was killed or wounded, with wounded men returning to battle at your goal line after 3-5 turns depending on how bad he was hit. Any man who had a rubber band touching his base or body was pinned and could fire but not move.

Needless to say we spent far more time battling it out on the floor than doing homework. But only until  Avalon Hill came along, then SPI.

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:32 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Carrier Strike by Milton bradley in 1980
dawn patrol by TSR in 1982
Anzio and Stalingrad from Avalon Hill in 1985

1st pc wargame was Close Combat III in 1999

Astalon

Rep: 14.2

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:54 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

First board wargame - Panzerblitz in the very early 80s.

First PC game - the original Close Combat not long after it was released.

longnez

Rep: 47.1

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:15 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

CCIII Front Russian Front the best serie

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:20 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

longnez wrote (View Post):
CCIII Front Russian Front the best serie

Glad to you are a part of the ELITE!

not alot of us die had CCIII players left i think..Technically I play COI these days as its more stable and a bit better than COI .. same otherwise..

everyone  has a hard on for LSA or TLD these days it seems

KG_Brandenburg

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 2:21 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

meant.. COI is a bit better than CC3

i cant edit my comments on this page?  havent been in a year or so.. guess not

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Jump to: