Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 2:28 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Nine left to go.

I hope to add a demo video to each. Nothing fancy just a 15min recorded game vs the AI. This would be added to the download section and YouTube. YouTube would also show links to download.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Star Wars completed. Install/Uninstal cleaned up and standardized. Maps/data all inclusive. Install guide created.

KG_Brandenburg

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

looks like im going to have to dl all the exe versions of plugins now.. CC is the only series i like like to have all games in the series ( I Do.. all 18.. yep, there 18 in the series) and I try to have all maps/mods.. i havent updated my collection with new mods or install methods, in a few years..  bout time i guess

FUN FACT :. CC editing and plugin writing motivated me enough to enroll in college and earn a degree in programming in 2006.. fate had other plans for me unfortunately BESIDES.. the whole elitist attitude from some in the field greatly annoyed me so i left the field in 2007.. last program i wrote was for what i thought was a job in 2009.. GOD DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! recruiter for a highly prestigious and expensive school for C# tried to snag me..  they misrepresented themselves to me and even if i was interested.. they can burn now. i was really upset because i was hungry and no money..  had no time for bs.. passed the little coding test they had. it was simplistically difficult and took much thought but as always, i almost always find a solution .. somewhat gifted code slinger.. i hate the term code monkey so i made my own to fit me

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 4:30 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

I hope to get thru each version in order to have a large collection of seamlessly simple mod installation procedures. After combing through CC5, there were a handful of mods that a regular user would have never figured out how to install, even with the plugin scripts included. Once thats done, I may ask Matrix/Slitherine/GOG if they want to hold the mods on an FTP server to act as a backup or alternate repository for them. Right now, if CCS crashes, its all gone.

CCS started on this specific server 7 years ago. The server was used and in operation for years prior. The hard drive has gone well beyond its shelf life.

Overall, I am just trying to future proof the site.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:45 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Stalingrad Der Kessel completed.

Plugin now all inclusive.
Installation guide updated.
KG Muller fixed.
All other accented letters for SDK removed.
Installer source files uploaded.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 1:36 am Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Matrix / Slitherine should just go ahead and hire you Mooxe.  Ian are you there?

paulc87

Rep: 53.2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:50 am Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

you broke Bloody Omaha. It doesn't come with maps which are required

AngloSniper

Rep: 31.6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:50 am Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

any chance this will be applied to el alamein and would it make it playable again?

"We sure liberated the hell out of this place" - Anon American Soldier, St Lo, France, 1944.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:37 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Anglosniper, what error are you receiving?

Paul, which map gave you an error?

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Do the new modernized plug-in files supercede old original files in the regular download sections?  Could not find separate section for these in download options.  Thanks for all the work updating.

Bloody First has direct download button for Nomada's mod now.  Just one mod available so far, but good start to simplify mod installs for that game too.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

These auto-installers only place the plugin in the C:\Config Manager\plugins folder.

They are to be used in conjunction with the modernized 5.01a patch here. This modernized patch installs Config Manager to C:\Config Manager and places a shortcut on the desktop.

I understand the instructions aren't that clear... but it is simplified at the very least.

AngloSniper

Rep: 31.6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

[quote="mooxe";p="92957"]Anglosniper, what error are you receiving?

Hi Mooxe

to be honest I cant exactly remember the issue as it was a year ago but its currently unpayable. One of the issues though is that your cant place sprites in any kind of cover. It was unplayable so had to give up on it.

Thanks

"We sure liberated the hell out of this place" - Anon American Soldier, St Lo, France, 1944.

paulc87

Rep: 53.2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:21 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Anglosniper, what error are you receiving?

Paul, which map gave you an error?

*.btd

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:41 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Great work, this simplified the installation proses a lot.

Error on GJS mod:

Missing Hill112S.btd

Or at least for me. Maybe corrupt download?

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:35 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Hesus wrote (View Post):
Great work, this simplified the installation proses a lot.

Error on GJS mod:

Missing Hill112S.btd

Or at least for me. Maybe corrupt download?

Could be either. Did you get this installing the mod or trying to view or play the map?

Mg421942

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:39 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Thanks Mooxe  for updating these mods!  Sent in a long overdue donation.  Did you ever try updating CCV Stalingrad Operation Circle? I tried  to install it today and with SOC 1.2, I get the Mueller error message when installing it with the CC5 Config. Manager.  I was able to run several other CC5 Mods just fine.  Did you have issues with it. Is it planned?

Thanks again.

jimarsul

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:13 am Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

Where do these plugins reside at this time.  restarting this old favorite and tried to install the 1946 plugin from this site to the GOG version of the game and got the Muller issue and going downhill from there. Help - Thanks Team.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: Plugin Modernization Project Reply with quote

These mods have not been updated. There will likely be errors with all of them.

cc5modsnotupdated.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.05 KB
 Viewed:  1804 Time(s)

cc5modsnotupdated.png

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: