Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Jatke

Rep: 69.7
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

The SS inf badge issue is solved by editing column I from '1' to '2' for those units

Heer inf units need to have col I edited from '2' to '0'.

Heer armored units need to have the ten SORANK13_xxx gadgets imported from stock LSA screen gadgets.

SS armored units need to have the ten SORANK53_xxx gadgets imported from stock LSA screen gadgets. For those units then edit col E from '1' to '5' and col I from '1' to '3'.

Game gadgets might need similar corrections.

Additional corrections should be made to infantry units that have crew soldier types (ex. SS Zugfuhrertrupp #131) as well as all the Kompanietruppen that are all mislabeled as Zugfuhrergruppe.

GameRat

Rep: 44.8
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:14 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

Big thanks for taking time to come up with a solution Jatke.
That's a good start point to make corrections, and nice to know it can be done without having to create new graphics.

GameRat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:59 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

Tyrekilt wrote (View Post):
Guys, what are the games seetings i should use before start a grand campaign ?

Hi,
Recommended settings:

GJS9.5 GCsettings.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.29 KB
 Viewed:  6789 Time(s)

GJS9.5 GCsettings.png

Hasky

Rep: 2.4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:23 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

to GameRat

No other icon graphics are required. I suppose you need to edit the Uniforms.txt file in order for the icons to appear for the military purpose of the unit - infantry, crew of armored vehicles, etc.

The rest of the mod is excellent, and the inconsistency of the icons in general does not affect the gameplay in any way))

GameRat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:36 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

Thanks Hasky

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:05 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

GameRat, I am wondering if those are the settings you recommend for just this mod, or for the gaming in general? I have used the similar settings recommended in playing the LSA Radzymin '44 mod and have noticed a marked more aggressive response for the Russian forces.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Hasky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

[quote="Jatke";p="92794"]The SS inf badge issue is solved by editing column I from '1' to '2' for those units

Heer inf units need to have col I edited from '2' to '0'...Game gadgets might need similar corrections. [/quote]

Can you share the Uniforms.txt file for the GJS 9.5 mod with your adjustments?

GameRat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:43 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
GameRat, I am wondering if those are the settings you recommend for just this mod, or for the gaming in general? I have used the similar settings recommended in playing the LSA Radzymin '44 mod and have noticed a marked more aggressive response for the Russian forces.

Hi, I use these settings ... but sometimes am ok with "Morale" ON.
For LSA GJS though, "Morale" OFF ... is best (in my opinion) because it gives the Allies a better chance to get off the beach maps, due to battles not ending with low "Morale". Battles seem more intense too.

Interesting that you noticed a difference in your gameplay when using these settings. Thanks for mentioning it.

Jatke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:23 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

Hasky wrote (View Post):
Can you share the Uniforms.txt file for the GJS 9.5 mod with your adjustments?

Yes, good catch, the Uniforms.txt also needs adjustment. Copy the # Nation 1, Style 1 (German SS) lines and paste over the # Nation 1, Style 2 (German Infantry) lines. The color coding for Nation 1, Style 2 is the same as Nation 1, Style 0. No need to duplicate the Heer uniforms. In Axsteams then change all PzGren teams from 2 in column I to 0. This will change their rank badges from SS to Heer.

This edit to PzG teams is a compromise. Wikipedia states, "[their] Waffenfarbe was also changed from either white (in the case of Motorized Infantry) or rose pink to a meadow-green shade previously worn by motorcycle troops. Some units did not change over their designations and/or Waffenfarbe accoutrements until 1943, and many veteran Schützen ignored regulations and kept their rose-pink until the end of the war." If you care to enforce these 1942 uniform regulations, you could copy the ten (Luftwaffe) SORANK50_xxx screen gadgets, which have green piping, from stock LSA. Paste the # Nation 1, Style 0 (German Infantry) uniform color lines over # Nation 5, Style 0 (Canadian Infantry). Then edit PzG teams to (column E) 5, (column I) 0

Copy the # Nation 2, Style 3 (SS vehicle crew) lines and paste over the # Nation 5, Style 3 (Canadian unused) lines. Currently, SS vehicle crew uniform colors arent being used.

Ost teams should also be changed as these currently are using Heer uniforms. In Axsteams.txt edit all Ost teams from 1,0 to 5,1. In Uniforms.txt, then copy the Ost uniform color coding used in The Longest Day (shown below) and paste over the # Nation 5, Style 1 (Canadian unused) lines.

# Nation 5, Style 1 (Ostruppen)
0x000000, 0xf7f8f4, 0xf6f7f3, 0x0000ff, 0xfffffd, 0xffffff, 0x0601fa, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf7f8f4, 0xf6f6f4, 0xfffefe, 0xfffffe, 0xffffff, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf7f8f4, 0xf7f8f4, 0xffffff, 0xffffff, 0xffffff, 0xfcfcfc, 0x000000

Again, I have not addressed any of the corresponding edits that would need to be made to the SMRANKXXX_xxx graphics in the GameGadg.gdg file.

From all appearances, these data and graphics got garbled when the GJS mod was ported from TLD to LSA. Easy to get off-track when editing six .txt and .gdg files with cross-dependencies.

Jatke

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

errata - In Axsteams.txt edit all Ost teams from 1,0 to 5,1 should read- In Axsteams.txt edit all Ost teams in column E from 1 to 5, and in column I from 0 to 1.

Hasky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:19 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

to Jatke

Many thanks!)
I'll try your work.

Jatke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:40 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

The uniform RGB hex values are standards that can be determined in most image editing programs (GIMP etc), or on a website such as https://www.htmlcsscolor.com/

If you care to edit individual gadgets after unpacking them from the .gdg files with CCMunger (attached below), or edit any other CC graphics files, mafi's RTB tool converts from basic file formats (.bmp, .jpg) to .tga with the correct bit depth so CCMunger can repack them properly. Just maintain the original image dimensions.

rtb.jpg
 Description:
RTB tool graphics conversion
 Filesize:  123.14 KB
 Viewed:  6617 Time(s)

rtb.jpg

CCMunger.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CCMunger.zip
 Filesize:  190.34 KB
 Downloaded:  206 Time(s)

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:56 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

How Osttruppen can have Russian names? Do I need a new file (RUNames or something like that)?

Jatke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:38 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

Berger wrote (View Post):
How Osttruppen can have Russian names? Do I need a new file (RUNames or something like that)?
Attempting to answer that question revealed another flaw in the GJS mod - the nations.txt file is in the wrong format. It uses the TLD format not the LSA format which places the values and names of the different nations above, instead of below, the # comments. I think the actual problem is that LSA expects a tab separation instead of spaces between the pound sign (#) and the comment text string, but Im not motivated to verify that assumption.

Using the attached nations.txt will rectify the problem of GJS not differentiating the XXnames and XXvox files correctly. Edit all Ost teams to 2 in Column E and new scenarios containing Ost units will use the RUNames.txt and RUvox.sfx files. Then (instead of the Ost team edits I suggested in a post above), edit all Ost teams from Col E 1 to 2, and Column I 0 to 1. In Uniforms.txt, then copy the Ost uniform color coding used in The Longest Day (shown below) and paste over the # Nation 2, Style 1 (German FJ) lines.

# Nation 2, Style 1 (Ostruppen)
0x000000, 0xf7f8f4, 0xf6f7f3, 0x0000ff, 0xfffffd, 0xffffff, 0x0601fa, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf7f8f4, 0xf6f6f4, 0xfffefe, 0xfffffe, 0xffffff, 0xf8f8f8, 0x000000
0x000000, 0xf7f8f4, 0xf7f8f4, 0xffffff, 0xffffff, 0xffffff, 0xfcfcfc, 0x000000

The end result should be that Ost teams will use the RUNames.txt file, the RUvox.sfx file, as well as the distinctive uniform coloring they had in stock TLD.

At this point I think I should take my own advice and incorporate all these changes I've suggested in this thread by actually modifying all these files rather than simply yakking about doing so. One truth Ive learned after diddling with CC files for a quarter century is that 99.9% of the problems encountered in modding are due to your own damn mistakes Smile

nations.zip
 Description:
extract and place in the GJS data/base folder

Download
 Filename:  nations.zip
 Filesize:  195 Bytes
 Downloaded:  215 Time(s)

Jatke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:59 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

This GJS95_fix.zip contains the file fixes as discussed above. These correct various uniform, rank badge, team name & type, voice effect and file format issues in the GJS 9.5 mod.

per the readme:
Extract the axsteams.txt, nations.txt, and uniforms.txt file to GJS95/data/base

Extract the GameGadg.gdg and ScrnGadg.gdg files to GJS95/Graphics

Extract the RUvox.sfx and ERUvox.sfx files to GJS95/LocalFX

Berger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 am Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

Fantastic, terrific, awesome, excellent! I don't have words to express  my gratitude to you, Jatke.

GameRat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:36 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

Jatke wrote (View Post):
This GJS95_fix.zip contains the file fixes as discussed above. These correct various uniform, rank badge, team name & type, voice effect and file format issues in the GJS 9.5 mod.

per the readme:
Extract the axsteams.txt, nations.txt, and uniforms.txt file to GJS95/data/base

Extract the GameGadg.gdg and ScrnGadg.gdg files to GJS95/Graphics

Extract the RUvox.sfx and ERUvox.sfx files to GJS95/LocalFX

Gave your work a quick try Jatke ... good stuff!
Thanks very much for your efforts, much appreciated.

I didn't realize you are also known as mick_xe5 ... that is a more familiar name related to your past work for CC.
I'll include these fixes in a next version, if that's ok? ... with credit to you (mick_xe5).

Berger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:59 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

Jatke wrote (View Post):
This edit to PzG teams is a compromise. Wikipedia states, "[their] Waffenfarbe was also changed from either white (in the case of Motorized Infantry) or rose pink to a meadow-green shade previously worn by motorcycle troops. Some units did not change over their designations and/or Waffenfarbe accoutrements until 1943, and many veteran Schützen ignored regulations and kept their rose-pink until the end of the war." If you care to enforce these 1942 uniform regulations, you could copy the ten (Luftwaffe) SORANK50_xxx screen gadgets, which have green piping, from stock LSA. Paste the # Nation 1, Style 0 (German Infantry) uniform color lines over # Nation 5, Style 0 (Canadian Infantry). Then edit PzG teams to (column E) 5, (column I) 0

Hi, Jatke, the green waffenfarbe Panzergrenadier uniform is included in TLD mods Battle for Caen and Ground Tactics. I attach an example.

As far I know, Ground Tactics includes the most accurate and comprehensive uniforms. For example in the german side it shows the heer assault gun uniform, SS assault gun uniform, SS panzer, Heer panzer, SS camouflage infantry uniform.

I attach a zip with an example (screencapture) of each uniform. It would be the icing on the cake.

heer assault gun.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  257.29 KB
 Viewed:  6507 Time(s)

heer assault gun.jpg

PzGren waffenfarbe uniform.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.8 KB
 Viewed:  6507 Time(s)

PzGren waffenfarbe uniform.jpg

ranks.zip
 Description:
ranks from Battle for Caen and Ground Tactics mods for TLD

Download
 Filename:  ranks.zip
 Filesize:  1.78 MB
 Downloaded:  178 Time(s)

Jatke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:35 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

@gamerat - By all means include these edits in GJS 9.6, and no credit necessary. However...my lawyers will be sending an invoice for the substantial damages to my property in Bretteville that you are ultimately liable for as mod proprietor.

@berger - see pm

bretteville.jpg
 Description:
This summer chateau was in tip-top condition when let to some nice Nazi gentlemen...until an army of Limey louts showed up!
 Filesize:  458.34 KB
 Viewed:  6501 Time(s)

bretteville.jpg

Hasky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:15 pm Post subject: Re: Gold Juno Sword 9.5 Reply with quote

CCMunger is a good utility to look at the contents of archives with the xxx.gdg extension, and extract files from the archive into a folder. Are there utilities that allow the extracted and edited files to be reassembled back into the xxx.gdg archive?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: