Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1166
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
YAMATO

Rep: 11.4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:20 am Post subject: Conversion maps Reply with quote

Hello dear players. I have been trying to convert maps for some time but without success, specifically I mean map conversion from CC WAR to CC5. Could any of you present in the most simple way how to do it?

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

Use 5CC, First check if there is a elements translation table available for the WAR to CC5 conversion you want to do. If not - you have to make a table following the pattern of the included ElementsTranslationTables.
Once you got you translation table ready,

open the map you want to convert, go to Action- data bulk replacement, open your translation table, and press replace.

Save your new map with "Save as" to a seperate folder

YAMATO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

Thank you ScnelleMeyer for the info, I tried to do as you wrote but I screwed up. I just want one map from CC WAR that I would like to convert to Stavelot.

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:43 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

So where do you screw it up as you say. Tell me where do you run into problems please and we can work from there.

YAMATO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

I do not know what this table is about, I will write how I did: I opened the .txt file of a given map and after loading it I did as you wrote, i.e. action - data bulk replacement, open your translation table. This empty table appears and I don't know what to do next. Thank you for your help

2021-11-10_21h33_38.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.33 MB
 Viewed:  5584 Time(s)

2021-11-10_21h33_38.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:47 am Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

Great! - In your 5CC installation folder there is an elements translation folder. Look in here for the correct table. If none exists for your operation - WAR to CC5 - You need to make up one.

In 5CC in the screen in your screenshot - Go FILE- Open elements translation table. - Then press the convert button.

YAMATO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

Ah, these are the tables here, thank you ScnelleMeyer. There is actually no conversion table between CCWaR and CC5, I'll try to create one.
And the "elemets" files are created from these files ?
It's a pity there is no "WaRtoCC5" table here. Smile

2021-11-11_17h57_34.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.2 KB
 Viewed:  5529 Time(s)

2021-11-11_17h57_34.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:38 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

Yes, its a bit of work to pice together a conversion table, but maybe you can use parts of some other tables. There is a CC4 to WAR table and a CC54 to CC5 table that should help you out some.

No the elements file is not created from the conversion process.
When the map is converted a new Mapname.txt file is created - wich icontains the coding of that particular map.
The elements.txt are values of the different terrain features of all the maps in the game. If you change values there it will affect how all the maps in the game will play.

Last edited by ScnelleMeyer on Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

YAMATO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

I have already changed all the numeric values, all that remains is to change the right column to CC5. Do I also need to change the text values as in the selection ?

2021-11-11_21h25_43.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.12 KB
 Viewed:  5504 Time(s)

2021-11-11_21h25_43.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:32 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

No you dont need to change the text, but it does make for a more easier to edit table later in case something is not totally correct.

YAMATO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

it's great that you do not need to change the text, but I am terrified of looking for numerical values, in WaR there are over 300 and CC5 has only about 200. It will take a while ... Thank you again

YAMATO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:51 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the operation under CC5 failed, I tried the easier option under CC4 and also to no avail, I think I will give up ...

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

1. What did you name the map?
2 Did you edit index.mpi file in MAP folder?

YAMATO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:46 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

I named the map files as in the original "Stavelot" but I did not edit the file: "Index.mpi", is it a necessity? What program can it be edited?
I will show the order of my work in 5CC:

4.jpg
 Description:
at the end I save the map as "Stavelot"
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Viewed:  5424 Time(s)

4.jpg

3.jpg
 Description:
after saving the table, I close editing
 Filesize:  1.41 MB

3.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
then I save the table
 Filesize:  1.41 MB

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
after loading the map .txt file, I turn on the table
 Filesize:  1.42 MB

1.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:25 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

There is an issue in your translation table that I can see in the last picture. Look at the "Hedge" line towards the bottom - Its coloumns is off.
Also I dont know if you didnt care to update the headlines of your table, but if you are making a table to convert a map from WAR to CC5, the first coloumn should be the WAR values and the second should be the corresponding element of CC5.
So making and saving a translation table is a SINGLE step - you make it and then apply it to the map(s) you want to convert. There is no need for the table to be "save as" after you have made it.

Map naming: All the mapnames in CC5 is stored in the "Index.mpi" - If you put a map named Stavelot in the map folder the game will not find it because it is not listed in the Index.
Better to rename your map to some existing CC5 map and make a backup of the original CC5 map. - Note that you also might have to adjust the BTDs if the map size of Stavelot is larger than the CC5 one it replaces.

YAMATO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:44 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

There was a bug, but I fixed it and it's still a bug, now I'm testing everything on CC4. I edited index.mpi and everything is correct in the list, I also edited the VL in the .BTD file and it's ok too.
In the map preview window in the game, it shows the map beautifully, but when loading it, the following message appears: "Stavelot.txt is corrupted"

2021-11-13_22h38_17.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  595.09 KB
 Viewed:  5415 Time(s)

2021-11-13_22h38_17.jpg

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:04 am Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

This error message means there is an issue with the conversion table causing the map to be coded with elements that are not corresponding to the "elements txt" in the Data/Base folder.

YAMATO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:30 pm Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

ok now i went smart and decided to do this sequence:
As I have the "CC LSA ardenne" mod with the same maps as in WaR, first I did the conversion from LSA to CC2 and then from CC2 to CC4 and what? It works Smile

2021-11-14_15h25_54.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.26 MB
 Viewed:  5380 Time(s)

2021-11-14_15h25_54.jpg

Astalon

Rep: 14.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:48 am Post subject: Re: Conversion maps Reply with quote

This is very useful info - thanks for sharing ScnelleMeyer.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: