Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
FreeKing

Rep: 26.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:01 am Post subject: Registry Entry DIFFLEVEL - CONFIRMED Better AI Reply with quote

If any of the vets around here remember this post:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6444&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=registry&start=0

It was a registry entry edit for CC4, CC5 and WAR that improved AI behavior, and that was my experience, as well, back when I still had the classic CC5 and CC4. I was scrounging through my registry entries using regedit, trying to switch CC2 over to 1080p, and what do you know? The same registry entries exist for Panthers in the Fog and Gateway to Caen.

For anybody who's curious, and didn't experience what the registry change did for gameplay, here are the general things it did to the AI:

(Note: the AI was much better and more active, in comparison to previous performance, not genius level AI or anything. But, it was a tougher opponent and single player was more enjoyable)

As quoted from Dauphin, page two of the linked post:

"To make it short
here are the points that I have noticed using the 003 parameter for the AI
- use of smoke
- use of off board artillery
- use of airplanes
- the use of mortar is effective against an offensive
- guns are set in better places
- the ennemy tends to do better traps
- less or much fewer crawling units
- better use of grenades"

I found GtC and PitF's registry entries at these locations:

PitF: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Matrix Games\Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

GtC: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Matrix Games\Close Combat Gateway to Caen

NOTE: I have the Matrix Games editions, not steam or GOG. I don't know if these will be present for either of those.

Change the DIFFLEVEL parameter from 01 00 00 00 to 03 00 00 00, and theoretically you should have the same positive effects I've mentioned. I haven't tested this yet on the updated game engine, but thought I'd bring it up.

Last edited by FreeKing on Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

paratmar

Rep: 34
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:33 pm Post subject: Re: Registry Entry DIFFLEVEL - Theoretically Better AI Reply with quote

I try it and its was worked!) But how to do this for LSA & TLD? I cunnt find its in Registry(.

FreeKing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:04 pm Post subject: Re: Registry Entry DIFFLEVEL - Theoretically Better AI Reply with quote

I've been looking for them. The install and game location for the .exe are there, but I've yet to find any DIFFLEVEL entries. I'm gonna try uninstalling it, then re-installing without the latest patches and see if the patches got rid of the entries.

EDIT: No such luck. The thing is, those registry entries are the game's way of storing options data and such (there was a "DRAWKIA" entry in there for GTC and PITF). So, it's been stored somewhere by TLD and the others, be it in the registry or in a file somewhere. I'll do some experimenting and investigating, see if I can't get this figured out. Hopefully, it's in a location or file I can access.

FreeKing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: Registry Entry DIFFLEVEL - Theor Better AI Reply with quote

Okay, got it figured out.

Rather than putting it into the registry, the developers put all of the settings that used to be in the registry with the previous games, and put them into a notepad .txt file, instead, for easier editing. I'll make a separate post on this, for reference and as a guide.

I own the entire re-release series, and the default for DIFFLEVEL in every single game is 1, which explains part of the poor performance on the AI in the re-release series.

Stay tuned.

EDIT: I made the post, see below:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=93026#93026

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

Jump to: