Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
 Author
JFFulcrum

Rep: 77.5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:07 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Another drone fallen in Romania

Quote:
Not you personally, but Russia, specifically the Russian government.

For information war... First, what both West and Russia did - suppressed any 'enemy' media from reaching their auditoria's. RT and Sputnik was banned preemptive in many countries of Western bloc, in Russia Facebook and Twitter connectivity was broken in first day, all major western media left country and switched off TV cable and satellite translations both as result of sanctions and in protest of wartime censorship imposed. Two major russian opposition media  was dissolved in one day. Now free people in West countries discuss a  crime penalties for watching Russian channels, and in Russia all Meta corp services like Facebook and Instagram was declared illegal. So, technically, the informational war did not even starts - both sides decided, that they do not want listen each other at all.

Happily, i and paratmar soon will leave you. While ukrainian petitions to organizations governing the Internet (namely RIPE and ICANN) was declined, the invisible hand of free market doing its job well,  1, 2 , 3 . CCS already takes two or three attempts to load from Russia, so it is about time. In new Cold War jammers will be on both sides of iron curtain. Like with NK and SK. Only after folks heard a missile trail over their head they starts thinking that SK propaganda may be lie to them that NK missiles are all made from cardboard for parades. Be it.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:31 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Which countries in "western bloc" have banned RT?  Please enlighten me.

Actually it is the opposite...Russian government banned Facebook.  Which I noticed in Russian videos, the young people are especially angry about.  I think you might be thinking of banning Russian government trolls on Social Media sites applying Putin propaganda and disinformation.  Which is not authentic real content.  

So I double-checked here in U.S, RT is working just fine no issues. With the usual clever headlines like "Tulsi Gabbard responds to ‘Russian asset’ accusations".   And Prosecutors seek new prison term for Navalny.  Surprisingly no Tucker Carlson headlines.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:34 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Also working in Canada...

rtnews.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  427.21 KB
 Viewed:  3650 Time(s)

rtnews.jpg

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

dj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:54 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Interesting insight from Putin's own writings of book called, "First Person".  Kind of the like the Mein Kampf equivalency for different dictator.  

Putin wrote about East German protestors approaching Soviet government offices and he felt helpless waiting for orders from Moscow.  After the Berlin Wall came down.  Quite clearly this was his most painful memory in life and he absolutely wants to go back in time and revive the glory days of Soviet Union.   And in Russian government videos released to free media, Russian armor is shown flying the old Soviet Union flag, not the Russian Federation flag.  Another obvious sign what their intentions are.  The Soviet Union was not a particularly good thing for Russia or former members...there was a very good reason why it collapsed, Putin just doesn't care to acknowledge.

https://archive.org/details/firstpersonaston00puti

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:15 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17916606/russia-virus-stolen-from-ukrainian-lab-bioweapon/
The style of article made me a headache, but i picked up the point - no one knows what actually was stored in that biolabs. Geogrians and Kazakhs also have US-sponsored biolabs on their territory.

Quote:
Which countries in "western bloc" have banned RT?  Please enlighten me.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60584092
Including online services: https://techcrunch.com/2022/03/02/eu-rt-sputnik-ban-live/

dj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:23 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

We call this a Bait and Switch...like Tucker Carlson taking factual data and making into lies.

There are no "US-sponsored biolabs.  US actually HELPED by removing Soviet nuclear weapons and whatever bioweapons they had (if any even existed) out of Ukraine after end of USSR.  You're welcome.  Actually Ukraine is not so happy about this now, you do realize?  They wish they still had the nuclear weapons.

Fact Checks from your own source:

"Although Ukraine doesn't have a level-four lab - which handle the world's most dangerous pathogens - two have clearance to work with high level pathogens. These level-three labs typically work with coronaviruses, tuberculosis, yellow fever, SARS, West Nile, and some strains of influenza.. The main lab in Ukraine is understood to be the Ukrainian I. I. Mechnikov Anti-Plague Research Institute in Odessa which reportedly works with "especially dangerous" pathogens.

No where in this or any other real journalist source will you find there are Chemical weapons in Ukraine. It's Kremlin propaganda lies.

Ok yes RT was removed from Television channels in U.K.  And the other was due to the sanctions placed against Russia.  As mentioned in the articles you provided.  And well, let's be honest RT is simply Russian Government propaganda, not a credible professional news organization with fair unbiased journalism.  The articles featured make that quite obvious to anyone outside of Russia or even people whom live in Russia.

dj

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:32 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Today Putin made speech saying Russian people should support the "Special Operation".  And for the Russians whom do not support the War....err Special Operation, they not loyal to Russia and "Traitors" and too friendly towards the West.

That sounded a lot like our former President Bush whom told Americans, either you support the Iraq War or you support the Terrorists.

And at that time, ironically Putin complained about America not respecting the Sovereignty of independent nations.  

I guess both America and Russia can be quite hypocritical?  Do as I say, not as I do.

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:09 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Quote:
Putin wrote about East German protestors approaching Soviet government offices and he felt helpless waiting for orders from Moscow.  After the Berlin Wall came down.  Quite clearly this was his most painful memory in life and he absolutely wants to go back in time and revive the glory days of Soviet Union.   And in Russian government videos released to free media, Russian armor is shown flying the old Soviet Union flag, not the Russian Federation flag.  Another obvious sign what their intentions are.  The Soviet Union was not a particularly good thing for Russia or former members...there was a very good reason why it collapsed, Putin just doesn't care to acknowledge.

Well, i concentrate on the other side of that medal. For years Putin publicly criticized soviet system and soviet leaders for their failures and weaknesses, praising his new times of freedom and prosperity. Now, he is exactly in same place, as late soviet leaders was - with new Afghanistan, troublesome economy, world-wide sanctions and old and unreliable elites. Lets watch, how our tsar-president will deal with it better that his USSR counterparts, how he is better himself as leader, his army, his economy, and his political system. I'm personally expect nothing good, with my beloved phrase will be coined once again: "All what communists lied to us became truth".

paratmar

Rep: 34
votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:21 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9rbHpA_6W4&t=54s&ab_channel=Grottodwell Do you realy think it is Democracy?)

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:46 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/face-the-nation-full-transcript-03-13-2022/

Quote:
DAVID MARTIN: A Pentagon official I talked to you this morning said there is no movement of chemical weapons into Ukraine. At least they're not seeing the signs of it. The concern is that the Russians will seize one of these biomedical research facilities that Ukraine has, where they do research on deadly pathogens like botulism and anthrax, seize one of those facilities, weaponize the pathogen, and then blame it on Ukraine and the U.S., because the U.S. has been providing support for some of the research being done in those facilities. But it appears the Ukrainians have gotten most of those pathogens destroyed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvRpntmUIxs  - bad question, no direct answer, that the level of discussion.

paratmar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:12 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

The reaction of the TV presenters is priceless) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoFDJoop8-Q&t=219s

dj

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:38 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

JFFulcrum wrote (View Post):
Quote:

Well, i concentrate on the other side of that medal. For years Putin publicly criticized soviet system and soviet leaders for their failures and weaknesses, praising his new times of freedom and prosperity. Now, he is exactly in same place, as late soviet leaders was - with new Afghanistan, troublesome economy, world-wide sanctions and old and unreliable elites. Lets watch, how our tsar-president will deal with it better that his USSR counterparts, how he is better himself as leader, his army, his economy, and his political system. I'm personally expect nothing good, with my beloved phrase will be coined once again: "All what communists lied to us became truth".

Yes very good summary Comrade, agreed.  It is quite clear now...this is similar to last days of USSR now.  Dysfunctional leadership with Putin interfering with the Military Commanders too scared to tell him the truth or question supreme leader.  Also similar the dysfunctional German military with Hitler meddling in decisions so German commanders had to keep secrets from him.  We heard today that Putin placed 2 of his Intelligence officers under house arrest blaming them for poor assessments.  

Ukraine Governments report 15,000 Russians killed in action.  American intelligence estimates today report about half that number, 7000.  Numbers were calculated carefully looking at destroyed vehicles and how many crew in each and other calculations.  That's nearly half the Soviets killed in Afganistan in 10 years suffered in just 3 weeks.  Also as Russians retreated from Ukrainian cities to opt for safer bombing and artillery, they left behind dead bodies.  Reports now of many dead Russian soldiers abandoned by their units for several days now.  Also 4 Russian Generals apparently have been killed, possibly by using unsecured phones.

It took 700,000 Red Army troops to take Kiev from the Germans in late 1943 whom were far less motivated than the Ukrainians.  Russians still haven't massed even half that number.  https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/03/17/russia-to-spend-27-mln-on-videos-to-maintain-public-safety-a76961

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:57 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Quote:
We heard today that Putin placed 2 of his Intelligence officers under house arrest blaming them for poor assessments.  

Well, there is a basic law of fluid mechanics, when linked jars will always finally have identical levels of fluid. So no surprise, if money comes to yachts and chateaus instead of army and intelligence, failures are inevitable. But, this law is common for all societies. Having US with leaders like Trump and Biden means, that many US key facilities are not in good conditions too. Others should do the same checks against their countries.

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:58 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Quote:
Ukraine Governments report 15,000 Russians killed in action.  American intelligence estimates today report about half that number, 7000.  Numbers were calculated carefully looking at destroyed vehicles and how many crew in each and other calculations.  That's nearly half the Soviets killed in Afganistan in 10 years suffered in just 3 weeks.  Also as Russians retreated from Ukrainian cities to opt for safer bombing and artillery, they left behind dead bodies.  Reports now of many dead Russian soldiers abandoned by their units for several days now.  Also 4 Russian Generals apparently have been killed, possibly by using unsecured phones.

I seen such calculations in war of 08.08.08. About Syria too. The truth is a first victim in any war.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:19 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

The "Special Operation" with the "On to Berlin" helikopter...ended on a field in Ukraine...

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.75 KB
 Viewed:  3483 Time(s)

2.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.37 KB
 Viewed:  3483 Time(s)

1.jpg

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:00 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

I dont think that was any plans for 'blitzkrieg'. Current war is no different with campaigns in Syria or Chechnya. And seems like Ukrainian military acts according to Russian program: dig in in bunkers and spread in cities. Like did chechens or anti-Assad forces. This will not work from military point of view - bunkers will be detected and destroyed by aviation, civil population will be provided with green buses, after several attempts of evacuation, no matter successful or not, will be declared that only nationalists left in cities and cities will be demolished by cheap bombs and rockets (Mariupol siege countdown). Ukraine already spent most of its aviation and AA defences in first week, not even tried to hide it like Yugoslav did in 1999. Army attempted no major offences, and seems like only eastern group (which hold the frontline since 2015)  do some maneuver campaign, successfully avoiding encirclement for three weeks, other groups, like in Odessa and Mikolaev, only dig in and wait for their turn. The possible explanations are (for me) only in strategic point if view: wait for direct military help from West (fat chance) or buy time until spring, to spread out in green and start classic partisan war (again, Chechnya-style), which their-praised OUN was so mastered in past.

Berger

Rep: 28.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

RT television banned in UK and Canada

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/03/18/media/uk-bans-russia-rt-tv/index.html

https://globalnews.ca/news/8687800/crtc-rt-russia-ukraine-unauthorized/

dj

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Boggles my mind how Russia continues to peddle laughable lies about "De-Nazify" of Ukraine.  What do the Germans think of this?  They must laugh about how absurd.  So Putin has Trumpified his approach with rally said to use payments to attendees to boost crowds at his strange rally in Moscow.  Where he again repeated the same lies about removing Nazi's from Ukraine as his false pre-text.  Does anyone in Russia really take this shit serious?
Former Ambassador Michael McFaul told us to respect the Russian people...that we should not assume they all believe Putin's iies.  McFaul described similar affect of Trumpication of USA...the younger, educated, more wealthy and Urban residents tend to NOT believe Putin.  The Older, rural and less educated do tend to believe Putin.  Almost mirror image of the typical Trump fanatics in this country.

paratmar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:11 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

dj wrote (View Post):
Boggles my mind how Russia continues to peddle laughable lies about "De-Nazify" of Ukraine.  What do the Germans think of this?  They must laugh about how absurd.  So Putin has Trumpified his approach with rally said to use payments to attendees to boost crowds at his strange rally in Moscow.  Where he again repeated the same lies about removing Nazi's from Ukraine as his false pre-text.  Does anyone in Russia really take this shit serious?
Former Ambassador Michael McFaul told us to respect the Russian people...that we should not assume they all believe Putin's iies.  McFaul described similar affect of Trumpication of USA...the younger, educated, more wealthy and Urban residents tend to NOT believe Putin.  The Older, rural and less educated do tend to believe Putin.  Almost mirror image of the typical Trump fanatics in this country.

Don't trust anyone. Everyone should to collect and analyze information and draw your own conclusions).

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Quote:
cities will be demolished

What most of us realized the Russians would do from the beginning.

Why even deny a hospital was hit by Russian missiles. The cities will be demolished.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Jump to: