Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
stratweg

Rep: 35.9
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:30 pm Post subject: Pack to collect maps, scenarios, mod, and stuffs for CCMT Reply with quote

Hi gentlemen,

I recently bought CCMT Close combat modern tactic (GOG version), and this old game is a very good CC opus.

But I noticed that old mods, maps and scenarios download links on forums (CC series, Matrix forum, etc) were broken

I plane to create a “public pack” for CCMT community players,  that would contain all awailable maps and scenarios (or mod if possible) to be used with CCMT.

When all files will be collected, I will upload this pack on a public servor like Mediafire (that allows large downloadable files) : Then, all players would be able to get them.

Please : If you have maps, scenarios, mod for CCMT that are not on the Close combat series website,  contact me by PM (private message) here.

Thanks for attention Wink

Last edited by stratweg on Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:36 am; edited 2 times in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:10 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Which links are broken?

You can get to the CCMT mods direct @ http://www.closecombatseries.net/downloads/ccmt/

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

stratweg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:18 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Thanks for the links, but these links are not concerned by my post : The broken links I said are in forums (included matrix forums). I did read all posts about CCMT here and on matrix forums, and in messages, I noticed that lot of a links were broken (sample : in some posts, there are allusions to large maps 4km x 1 km in a special pack, but this pack seems unawailable now on matrix site, etc

The goal is to get all files (in particular map files) that are not in download section of this site Close combat series : I think there is more and more files  than the only files wich are on this site (download section)

ScnelleMeyer

Rep: 190.3
votes: 18

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:56 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Hi Stratweg, I appreciate the initiative to help players find mods for this game. On this link is some maps and other stuff: http://ftp.us.matrixgames.com/pub/CloseCombatModernTactics/

stratweg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, ScnelleMeyer : It's a treasure you have given !  Razz  Razz  

I will download all this great stuff, seems that my next nights will be very short, my CCMT teams will run Wink

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:35 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

I am uploading all my archive of CCMT stuff - mods, maps and files to this Mediafire link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kekic1c93kj7j/CCMT

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:39 am Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for these files Razz

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:44 am Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

You are very welcome stratweg. I have some more that will be uploaded after being worked over a bit more. If you are interested in going H2H in CCMT I am definately in. There are more guys on Discord that would participate in a 3v3 or even more.

stratweg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:03 am Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Hi,

I thought initially I would have no time for human vs human play, but finally, I have.
I am interrested, but take care please : I have very (very very Rolling Eyes )  poor knowledg in "technical informations" about mutliplayers, discord, etc

And if you have some other stuffs and files, would be great to get them  Razz

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:08 am Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Awesome - Its really simple to set up for multiplayer and we have a great community where all are willing to help:)

stratweg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:51 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

A question, please : I am collecting in all CC opus and in all mods a lot of square maps that work in CCMT (only CC "square" maps work in CCMT)

At this time, I have more than 50  maps that work in CCMT without any technical modification, and it is not finished (except for CC PITF and GTC : maps of these opus dont't work with CCMT, they do not appears in editor screen)

Alle these maps are :
1/ In the vanilla installation of games (included RtB)
2/ In published mods

I think it would usefull for CCMT players to have these square maps (and only square maps) in one unic pack.

But the problem is : do I have the right to share this kind of pack ?

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:10 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Sure, just share them. - Mods are free by definition and nobody cares if you share the RtB maps. A mod was even made with all maps, graphics etc of Pitf to work in GtC - Matrix didnt care.

stratweg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:41 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Ok, thanks. I will continue the collect. Number of maps that are working with CCMT is impressive : probably more than 50/60 maps for all opus (but curiously, square maps of GTC and PITF do not appears in editor screen of CCMT. I tried to c hange the names and the result is the same. Perhaps, the map system of GTC/PITF is too different).

I just collect the square maps because I do not want to  began work in map converting : It seems need very hard/long work. And in addition, maps that are not square are a little small for playing CCMT in my opinion : no regrets.

Last edited by stratweg on Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

stratweg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:49 am Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Attached are the txt of a provisary list of square maps that work in CCMT : actually, approx. 120 square maps

Collecting work is not finished and will continue (more will be added, probably 50/60 additive maps)

When list will be complete, I will share it, and after that I will try to upload these maps on mediafire (if possible because the pack will be very large)

At the end, CCMT will have approx 180 maps to be used with

Size of attached files is limited to 2 Mo = reason for what there are 3 list files

Question for ScnelleMeyer, please :
Other question : Have you any other collected reserve files that are not uploaded in your mediafire page ? If yen, would be great to add them

LISTE-3.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  LISTE-3.rar
 Filesize:  1.44 MB
 Downloaded:  69 Time(s)

LISTE-2.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  LISTE-2.rar
 Filesize:  1.53 MB
 Downloaded:  63 Time(s)

LIST-1.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  LIST-1.rar
 Filesize:  1.43 MB
 Downloaded:  61 Time(s)

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:52 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

The maps of PITF/GTC will not show up in CCMT without conversion. I have posted guides to convert these maps both in the modding forums here and on Matrix forums. This is because 1. they are 32-bit .tga and not 16.bit tga like the older games. 2. They have a different scale of the coding than the older releases.

Its very easy and quick to make any map square with 5CC or CC2Tools.

When you find different maps - I hope you are aware that coding data is different between games. So many will have to be converted using a terrain elements translation table in CC2 tools or 5cc. Other wise a grass field might show up as a wall ingame.

I probably have some maps that are not uploaded, but they are found on the Matrix ftp that I posted the link to earlier. I also have a couple of mods that I have been working on, but I will not release them yet.

stratweg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:16 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

Damned : too bad...   Confused  It is the confirmation of my opinion : Dev hate players and they do all  things to martyrise them  Cool

I also noticed that one or two maps are corrupted

But I hope to have at leat, for the 180 maps awailable, 10 or 20 that will work correctly (I began to examine maps and I saw that some work perfect with correct values and graphs)

Ok for the Ftp Matrix link, thanks.

Concerning maping work : probably easy for you, with experience. But I saw in CC5 and CC2 that are a lot of complexe (and a little bit obscure) functions : difficult to understand what you do with these tool, in particular when you do not understand very well english language (and lack of time to learn these tools). More quick is to search in the entire download section 10 or 20 square maps that work correctly with CCMT

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:43 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

My experience came with a lot of trial and error - so it was bu no means easy or quick - and neither is most wothwhile modding projects.

stratweg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:34 am Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

One question about maps, please

Collecting maps for CCMT, I noticed that some maps have 5 files, some have 6 files and some have 7 files

What means the externsions of the map files ? (= what is the content of the files maps)

BGM = ?
BTD = ?
LOS = Lines of sight in the map
MMM = ?
OVM= Contour lines on "unzoom map" (cf OVM mod)
RFM = ?
TXT = txt

ScnelleMeyer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:05 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

You find that all of these are explained in detail in the documentation manual for 5CC.

stratweg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:10 pm Post subject: Re: Project of pack to collect maps, scenarios & mod for Reply with quote

I founded no  any informations in the manuel about extensions of the map files => I need technical information.

The interest for me is to know why some maps have (by sample) a BTD file, and why some other maps have no BTD file, etc

In other terms, what is the global content/interest in :
BGM files = ?
BTD files = ?
MMM files = ?
RFM files = ?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Modern Tactics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: