Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:44 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I've checked into reload time and ISII fire rate is set at 24 seconds.
Investigation into this gives 20 seconds for highly trained crew to 30 seconds for novice crew.
IS II's in this mod are part of well trained heavy breakthrough guard tank regiments attached to some tank brigades, because the IS II was relatively new on the battlefield the 24 seconds seems ok.

Schmal_Turm

Rep: 60.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I hope you don't increase the damage for the artillery very much at least for the AI, as it is way too accurate. It will literally lay down rounds right next to the Soviet troops without any substantial damage incurred to them. That and the way the rounds land on my German units in a diameter of about 50 to 80 meters seems unreal.

"No plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Moltke

Aetius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:08 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

AI data can't be changed seperately, i've made arty a little more deadly but can't remember if i changed accuracy (i should keep a log of these changes  Embarassed ).
I've playtested/changed arty and mortar strikes untill it was right for me, when all data changes are done (working on finetuning forcepools now) i'll playtest some more.

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:07 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Sorry, I was thinking more of mortars, not off-board artillery.

Aetius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:01 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Mortar teams have 2 tubes now so i adjusted mortar values a bit, i want mortars to be deadly for infantry running.

Aetius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:54 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Radzymin44 V2.01 is finished.

I've asked Mooxe to make the installer (so it's compatible with steam installs) and add it to the LSA downloads section.

Changes:

V2.01:
-MRB and Panzergrenadier regiments have vehicle column instead of infantry column
-IS2 and soviet SPG's ammo numbers lowered
-Mod version on mainscreen
-Mortar teams now have 2 mortar tubes
-Mortar and arty strike made more deadly
-All LMG's more ammo
-AT guns better cover and more deadly
-IS2 gun little more deadly
-Panther armor decreased a little bit
-Airstrikes more deadly
-New rank icons
-Uniform colors adjusted
-Pak88 gun icon corrected
-SU-76 and MarderIII armor increased
-Armor of all light vehicles increased
-Added Valentine IX tank and SU-57 HT to some soviet BG's
-Removed T70 tank from soviet forcepools
-Added rifle grenade to soviet weapons
-Added RPG43 and RPG6 AT grenades to soviet weapons
-New German vehicles graphics
-BG's reworked to be more historically correct
-Forcepools reworked to be more historically correct
-Connection between Skorzec (map 61) and Wisniew (map 62) removed making it harder to bypass Siedlce
-Regimental/KG commander images updated
-Updated campaigns, operations and battles

Thanks to:
Steve McClaire for updating LSA to V6.00.04 and taking the time to answer questions in the matrixgames forums.
Argilas for researching BG commander names and images; guiding me through the unbelievable maze of german ranks, waffenfarbe and uniforms; beta testing v2.01; constructive criticism and data advice.
SchnelleMeyer for elements file, advice and support.
Dima for historical info and data advice.
Manoi for letting me use stuff from the stalingrad mod.
GameRat and Cathartes for letting me use data and a few gun sounds from the GJS9.9 mod.
Hicks for letting me use some gun sounds from his LSA soundmod.
RD Steiner for constructive criticism and data advice.
Pzt_Kanov for constructive criticism and data advice.
Schmal_Turm for constructive criticism and data advice.
Paratmar for research, data advice and beta testing.
SouthernLand who made the stock LSA maps.
Mooxe for hosting the mod, making the mod installer and keeping the ccseries site online.
Mafi and other toolmakers, without their superb tools cc modding would be impossible.

Very special thanks:
Dookola Rzeszy, author of 2 very detailed articles about battle for Siedlce and the tank battle at Radzymin, V2.01 of this mod is based on those 2 articles.
Both articles are in polish but can be translated in chrome:

https://www.dookolarzeszy.pl/2021/01/iss-panzer-regiment-3-totenkopf-w.html?lr=1
https://www.dookolarzeszy.pl/2021/06/walki-pod-okuniewem-najwieksze-bitwa.html

Have fun

Please report bugs and comments in the Radzymin bugs and mistakes thread on the CCseries forums or on the discord channel.

Aetius

Aetius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:02 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I've made the installer with a different autorun.exe this time, maybe it's compatible with steam users now (i can only test for matrix installs).

Zipped installer can be downloaded here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rt1-msaXqJNqif_jE7sDknFnotjZTNOd/view?usp=sharing

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:28 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Aetius, not sure how much you increased the armor on the T-34, but when I have more than three German 75s firing on one tank at less than 500 meters and the best I can get is immobilized and one crew member killed, I think you over did it just a little. Just my opinion.

Otherwise, I love the new look so far, although I never got past the first round of battles. I believe you added some different maps than you had before. I also noticed the order of battles roster has been changed considerably.

Aetius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:44 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Thats weird, i didn't change any armor value on soviet tanks (exept valentine tank that wasn't in the previous version), nor did i change penetration values of german guns  Confused
Only explanation is random factor of game engine or the t-34 (wich version was it 76 or 85?) was in a slight depression compared to german guns making a smaller target for german guns?

No, maps are exactly the same as previous version only connection between Skorzec (map 61) and Wisniew (map 62) is removed making it harder to bypass Siedlce.
The campaigns and operations have been adjusted, could be that BG's start at different maps now compared with previous version.

Indeed, force pools have been adjusted drastically, the very detailed information provided in the polish articles (see links above) means i could make force pools more historically correct.

Aetius

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:22 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Aetius, either you changed the German Order of Battle to make the game more challenging, or to make it more realistic. I am assuming more realistic. It is definitively more challenging to have fewer units with a pretty good stock of Panthers. At this point in the game playing the German counterattack, I am not even sure if I get any reinforcements anymore. So, will wait to see what happens. It drives me nuts though to see even tanks that have been "tracked" by trees and such end up in kill pile because of minor damage.

When you hardened some of the armor, inadvertently you made it so that while before I could use my machine guns on open-topped vehicles like the SU-76 to at least put the unit under duress, while now my infantry refuse to even fire at them saying they can't hurt that.

Otherwise, I still love the mod.

Aetius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:01 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Yes, the very detailed historical information provided in the polish articles means the german OOB's are made very realistic.
No extra reinforcements for most of BG's, germans where really scraping together wat was available and dividing it amongst the different KG's.
If you finish the GC let me know your conclusions and wich BG's run out of armor or infantry, both germans and soviets were very good in towing away disabled tanks for field repairs, wich were put back into combat ASAP.
I could make these "field repairs" the reinforcement tanks that trickle in, in small numbers every day.

I made HT's and open topped vehicles much more harder too kill, they where almost useless in previous versions.
I'll see if i need to tone it down with playtesting and feedback.

Glad you like V2.01 too.

Aetius

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:37 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I have to tell you though, I was under the impression before watching the numbers for myself, that ALL damaged vehicles went to some repair depot where they could eventually come out again. I found out, by watching the armor kills that the armor that didn't yet make the 40 percent repair rate were shuffled to the kill pile. Pretty sad that a slightly damaged Panther, even one that was "tracked" were designated the same when it came to damage.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:07 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Thanks Aetius!

Just had my first battle vs AI as the soviets and I lost! those Panthers man are really tough! I like it.

When are the initial soviet breakthrough BG's going to be relieved? or is it a surprise? how should I take this into my planning? for example advance as further as I can with them or consolidate the starting maps with these BG's and advance with the arriving BG's?

Thanks again!

Aetius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:53 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Hi Kanov,

Only the 4BG's of the 11TC are relieved.
Starting from turn 3 your tank/armored force will be removed from forcepool and you get infantry units in return.
All units in the active roster will stay untill they are lost in battle, so hang on to these for as long as you can.

Historically the 11TC was relieved after taking Siedlce around 1st of august and no armored thrust from Siedlce to Warsaw was made.
In previous version of mod this armored thrust from Siedlce to Warsaw by 11TC could be done and 11TC BG's could reach radzymin before BG's from 3TC could reach it.
So to avoid this historically inacurracy i came up with this relieve operation.

In and around Siedlce are a lot of german BG's, Siedlce is the central map to this part of the stratmap so i would suggest take Siedlce as soon as possible, consolidate untill more infantry BG's arrive and then attemt a push westwards.

Glad you like the mod so far.

Aetius

Aetius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:12 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
I have to tell you though, I was under the impression before watching the numbers for myself, that ALL damaged vehicles went to some repair depot where they could eventually come out again. I found out, by watching the armor kills that the armor that didn't yet make the 40 percent repair rate were shuffled to the kill pile. Pretty sad that a slightly damaged Panther, even one that was "tracked" were designated the same when it came to damage.

Coded in the LSA game engine, i had this experience on all cc versions, veteran crew, high number of kills and medals and then lost from force pool by slight damage or getting tracked in the wrong spot.
Ideally a vehicle in such circomstances should return in a few turns or if a fit crew abandon the vehicle, the fit crewmembers (keeping experience, kills and medals) can return a few turns later in a new vehicle.
All things that are decided by game engine and will never be implemented.

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:03 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I decided to play the Radzymin '44 Russian invasion campaign, instead of the German counterattack. My results are in the attached. Many of the kills are not from tank to tank duels as many of my defending units in the beginning are Grenadiers. I did make use of well emplaced AT guns and the Panzerschreck. I also made liberal use of smoke to help conceal my AT guns when they came under fire, and the results of artillery cannot be discounted. Anyway, I have never seen kills to this extent with very little loss of my own tanks. Many of the kills were also a result of cutting off Russian units fuel supply.

The first map is primarily kills by AT guns with a low number of tank lost. The second one is after a number of Panthers and Mark IVs were entered into battle with the resultant loss of many tanks.

Radzymin 3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  272.91 KB
 Viewed:  4760 Time(s)

Radzymin 3.png

Radzymin.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  274.13 KB
 Viewed:  4760 Time(s)

Radzymin.png

Aetius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 am Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

That's an impressive amount of kills there, normally AT guns don't survive long.
I presume most AT gun kills where with the PAK40, how many kills  by PAK40 unit on average before being destroyed?
I get H2H player feedback that mortar rounds, mortar barrages and arty barrages immobilise too many tanks, i'm making an update to prevent this.

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I have found out that if I can bury the AT gun so that there is only a very faint green line (darker than the bright green) to target, that they tend to last longer. The trick to wait for the tanks to come into line of fire. I tend to do this with the tanks also. They generally last much longer.

Aetius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:04 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

Playing the GC as soviets should be more challenging when you're the attacking side.
If you do please post your results or comments.

Schmal_Turm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:08 pm Post subject: Re: LSA Radzymin '44 mod Reply with quote

I decided to try the initial invasion as the Russians. After only about two days here are my results. At first I had the Russian tanks come in mass, and after getting shellacked I changed to more the way I play as the Germans. Any units with the Panthers are a tough nut-to-crack. At first the Panthers were congregated in groups, where they became easier targets, but then as I took a toll on them the AI seemed to be more conservative in how they were positioned, being positioned in smaller groups, or even a Panther here and there.

5.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  261.46 KB
 Viewed:  4467 Time(s)

5.png

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: