Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
 Author
dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:48 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

"...According to Mykhailo Podolyak, adviser to the head of the President’s Office, the Wagner Group took 38,244 prisoners out of Russian prisons and colonies in total to use them in a full-scale war against Ukraine. As of mid-January, according to his data, 29,543 of them have already been killed, wounded, disappeared or captured."

paratmar

Rep: 34
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:37 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Are Russians asking why Ukraine is not surrendering or joining forces with Russia?
     Due to the fact that the majority of citizens of Ukraine are Russians, therefore, any professional "Ukrainian", that is, one who hopes to benefit from the separation of Ukraine from the rest of Russia, acts against the interests of the majority of his fellows citizens. This "active and passionate" minority still keeps the rest of the population in fear.
     I think the issue with Ukraine will be resolved within two years (referendums will be held in all regions of the former Ukraine, as a result of which some regions may move, for example, to Hungary). More interesting and more disturbing is what will happen next in the global confrontation(.

paratmar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:39 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

?lose combat in the trench. 18+ https://rusvesna.su/news/1674556890

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:26 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

paratmar wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):
Are Russians asking why Ukraine is not surrendering or joining forces with Russia?
     Due to the fact that the majority of citizens of Ukraine are Russians, therefore, any professional "Ukrainian", that is, one who hopes to benefit from the separation of Ukraine from the rest of Russia, acts against the interests of the majority of his fellows citizens. This "active and passionate" minority still keeps the rest of the population in fear.
     I think the issue with Ukraine will be resolved within two years (referendums will be held in all regions of the former Ukraine, as a result of which some regions may move, for example, to Hungary). More interesting and more disturbing is what will happen next in the global confrontation(.

If this is the case you must be questioning why entire cities full of Russians have been destroyed, and why so many Russians became refugees?

Are Russian citizens in Russia not asking about this?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:34 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Yes, Paratmar how can that be the case that Ukraine is really majority ethnic Russians if Russia relishes launching ballistic missiles at apartment complexes daily?  That would be the very crime Russia falsely accuses Ukraine of committing.  Not sure where you find this information but the actual number of ethnic Russians is only 18% according to 2001 study long before Putin's special operation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russians_in_Ukraine#/media/File:Russians_Ukraine_2001.PNG

Zelensky is pretty good motivational speaker but no Ukrainian can place Jedi mind trick on ethnic Russian that prefers Autocratic state led by Vladimir.  Actually even the ethnic Russians prefer living under independent Ukraine.  They have the freedom to leave any time.  I do think some of the separatists in East are real but that is small minority.  Also why did Ukraine celebrate the German invasion with friendly welcome and volunteered in large numbers?  People have not forgotten the Holomodor genocide either.

paratmar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:54 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

interesting work of a bunch of a tank and BMPT "Terminator" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNonne3faFA&ab_channel=MILITARYDETAILS

paratmar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:17 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

If this is the case you must be questioning why entire cities full of Russians have been destroyed, and why so many Russians became refugees?

Are Russian citizens in Russia not asking about this?
This is a civil war. Russian is an adjective, not a nationality. Russian is a cultural identity. 70% of Russians in the territory of the former Russian Empire understand the reasons and support the actions of the government in the territory of Southern Rus' (still Ukraine). Of those 70%, 65% would like even tougher action. no more than 10% are categorically against the war, of which half are simply stupid, and the rest are financially dependent on the West. 20% do not delve into the essence of what is happening and just live. Since nothing serious happened after the start of the war. Changes are purely external (renames, change of ownership, etc.). IMHO.

paratmar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:42 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Cannot read that one, site wants too much information and won't let you in if refused.

Is there a recent Russian article on active defense?
  The term Active Defense was coined by me). And here is a translation of an article from a Russian telegram channel on this topic.
  "The original plan of West is to drag Russia into the war, give Ukraine all the old Soviet weapons and a selection of their best, send as many people as possible under Russian tanks for the sake of blood feud, isolate Russia with sanctions, force them to spend all their strength, all reserves, all savings, all capital - and thus for a decade to remove Russian Civilization from the face of the planet as an active force - for some reason it works in the opposite direction.
    Russia started first. It takes stocks of Soviet weapons from warehouses, many times greater than all available to the West. It terminates the Ukrainian infantry with artillery, and can continue to do so for another good decade - there will be enough shells. Sanctions do more damage to the West than to Russia. Russia's international influence is growing at an unprecedented pace - and even the formerly loyal Saudis are falling out of the orbit of the West. They started selling oil NOT FOR A DOLLAR. And this is the beginning of the end of life for free. And more and more forces, reserves, capital - go to Ukraine and disappear without a trace. Give mony, tanks, planes, rockets! Only on the tenth month of the war  to the Empire of Lies begin to understood - at war of attrition - Russian Civilization would win. And this leaves only one opportunity to win - the offensive.
    So, it is necessary to speed up the Ukrainian offensive. And give out your equipment for it. Lots of technology. Planes, tanks, howitzers, armored cars, shells. The goal is to win big.
People in the new "shock" parts are stupidly caught on the streets. By issuing subpoenas at the funerals of past subpoena recipients. New brigades are immediately formed with Western weapons - everything from rifles to tanks.
Russia, on the other hand, will carry out the "Syrian strategy" - to defend itself in all sectors, to crush any offensive attempts with artillery and aircraft, "removing shavings" from shock units. And at the same time - to attack, strictly locally, but - where the enemy cannot retreat in any way. Everyone knows this place, it already does not allow the Armed Forces of Ukraine to retreat from Artemovsk, no matter how bad it is there. Everyone knows what kind of city is further on the map.

Slavyansk

The Melitopol arc and the second battle for Slavyansk - whoever copes with his task better will win the summer campaign for 23 years. Leaving the enemy the hardest autumn depression - rains, mud, inevitable cold - and defeat. And a complete lack of prospects. Electricity, fuel, reserves, equipment, people - the main thing, the most important, people - burned out in the summer campaign".

Bungarra

Rep: 137.3
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:37 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

I am a little confused here Paratamar.... you obviously have access to the western internet so you cannot be unaware or the feelings of the western world about Russia. I'll be honest I didn't believe that Russian society was all that bad.... I thought you tolerated the people in charge cause that's the way it is. Someones got to do it. But mate take a big long hard look in the mirror... Are their any Ukrainians in Russia killing women and kids and destroying infrastructure on an hourly basis ?
Do you think that the war would have gone on for a year if all the Russians in Ukraine wanted Russia there? If you were a Ukrainian what would you do ? Accept the yoke.... Or die defending your women and kids..... Think about it..... The Ukrainians will not give in until all of you so called liberators are dead or back where you fucking came from.... Then its quite simple.... Ukraine joins Nato... Russia destroys itself imploding on its own imperialist dreams...

And I don't have a crystal ball.... sometimes I wish I did.......

Don't get me wrong Paratamar or Jff I do not mean you ill, I just don't get it and maybe.... just maybe....  thats a good thing too..

It was all obviously meant to be....

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

paratmar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:15 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Bungarra wrote (View Post):
I am a little confused here Paratamar.... you obviously have access to the western internet so you cannot be unaware or the feelings of the western world about Russia. I'll be honest I didn't believe that Russian society was all that bad.... I thought you tolerated the people in charge cause that's the way it is. Someones got to do it. But mate take a big long hard look in the mirror... Are their any Ukrainians in Russia killing women and kids and destroying infrastructure on an hourly basis ?
Do you think that the war would have gone on for a year if all the Russians in Ukraine wanted Russia there? If you were a Ukrainian what would you do ? Accept the yoke.... Or die defending your women and kids..... Think about it..... The Ukrainians will not give in until all of you so called liberators are dead or back where you fucking came from.... Then its quite simple.... Ukraine joins Nato... Russia destroys itself imploding on its own imperialist dreams...

And I don't have a crystal ball.... sometimes I wish I did.......

Don't get me wrong Paratamar or Jff I do not mean you ill, I just don't get it and maybe.... just maybe....  thats a good thing too..

It was all obviously meant to be....
IMHO, you should not worry about Russians and outlying Russians, we will figure it out ourselves). You and the DJ are unlikely to be able to understand and accept our point of view on this issue. This is normal, we are too far from each other both culturally and geographically). Here is the fact that the the "Doomsday Clock" have become 10 seconds closer to midnight, this is bad (.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:47 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Would it be wrong to say Russians has been conditioned to explain away the issue as an internal matter because others will never comprehend the complexities of it?

The conditioning likely includes a complete disregard of the humanitarian issues caused with the final goal of having a cloud of indifference cast over the entire matter.

The recent posts here seem to indicate that.

JFFulcrum

Rep: 77.5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:12 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

https://nypost.com/2023/01/25/us-to-send-ukraine-31-tanks-in-abrupt-biden-white-house-reversal/

So Abrams MBTs confirmed for Ukraine. Gossips are that second wave of mobilization in Russia will start in first days of March. All the remains of Soviet armor stockpiles are unburied and sent to tank service factories for cpreparation to combat.

Ukraine now is just a battlefield for Russia and NATO, whatever Kremlin plans was year ago, its all now obsolete. US likely already got a full military command over Ukrainian military, like did in South Vietnam at some point. No forseable prospects for peace agreements, especially after Merkel/Olland 'coming outs'

Prigozhin got human resource and uses it well, he already overshadowed both Kadyrov and Russian army high command, becoming a new Wallenstein. Victory over Soledar is proof of his Wagner group effectiveness, while regular army stuck at new Verden on Barkhmut/Artyomovsk.

War more and more resembles India-Pakistan war of 1965, when both sides acted too carefully and with underpowered battlegroups.

paratmar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:34 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Would it be wrong to say Russians has been conditioned to explain away the issue as an internal matter because others will never comprehend the complexities of it?

The conditioning likely includes a complete disregard of the humanitarian issues caused with the final goal of having a cloud of indifference cast over the entire matter.

All posts here clearly to indicate that the difference in "modus operandi" between us, but the absolute similarity in "modus cogitandi" - we are always "in errore perseverare").

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:49 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

JFFulcrum wrote (View Post):
https://nypost.com/2023/01/25/us-to-send-ukraine-31-tanks-in-abrupt-biden-white-house-reversal/

So Abrams MBTs confirmed for Ukraine. Gossips are that second wave of mobilization in Russia will start in first days of March. All the remains of Soviet armor stockpiles are unburied and sent to tank service factories for cpreparation to combat.

Ukraine now is just a battlefield for Russia and NATO, whatever Kremlin plans was year ago, its all now obsolete. US likely already got a full military command over Ukrainian military, like did in South Vietnam at some point. No forseable prospects for peace agreements, especially after Merkel/Olland 'coming outs'

Prigozhin got human resource and uses it well, he already overshadowed both Kadyrov and Russian army high command, becoming a new Wallenstein. Victory over Soledar is proof of his Wagner group effectiveness, while regular army stuck at new Verden on Barkhmut/Artyomovsk.

War more and more resembles India-Pakistan war of 1965, when both sides acted too carefully and with underpowered battlegroups.

If Wagner is using its human resources well that's just reinforcing the point that Russians are good for dieing.

Soledar and Bahkmut are basically deserted of civilians and in ruins. Why does Russia even want these places?

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:53 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

All posts here clearly to indicate that the difference in "modus operandi" between us, but the absolute similarity in "modus cogitandi" - we are always "in errore perseverare").

The most telling part of your modus operandi is you don't ask questions and you avoid answering many directed to you.

Why?

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:40 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

If Wagner is using its human resources well that's just reinforcing the point that Russians are good for dieing.

Soledar and Bahkmut are basically deserted of civilians and in ruins. Why does Russia even want these places?

Not much cares about convicted drug dealers, thugs and so on BTW. Especially if they killed more Ukrainians then lost themself.  

Soledar is a huge salt mining place, and facilities are captured mostly intact. Artyomovsk/Bakhmut is a key railroad intersection.

paratmar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:51 am Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

The most telling part of your modus operandi is you don't ask questions and you avoid answering many directed to you.

Why?
    I don't ask questions because I know all the answers. It's a joke -almost all, of course).
    I think that we should look for the answers ourself, and not ask anyone). And, as I said, you are a super master of rhetorical questions, and I am sure that you yourself understand reality).
    Could you find the question directed to me which I avoided, pls)?

Bungarra

Rep: 137.3
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

I will ask one....

Do you think that the western Allies after investing so much in Ukraine would let Ukraine lose...

You know if you don't live it.... You can't give it.

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

New NATO weapons proposed to Ukraine means need of the new army. Despite 8 years of adaptations, Ukrainian army used mostly soviet-era weapons and tactics, with few additions like drones. That army is no more. Total rearm to NATO weapons need new army, with a lot of training and new tactics & organization. And NATO weapons are complex, and technically rich - a challenge to available human resources of mobilized civilians and random-quality mercenaries. It light of this Russian army decision to switch to simple, 'dumb' weaponry from Soviet mass-conscript era looks more smart. Of course, both sides will train and arm some advanced quality troops - kind of 'guards', who can effectively use advanced weapons and tactics, but current situation demands just numbers on frontline, creation of real supremacy over enemy. 100 excellent tanks will not change the game - 1000 of 'good enough' probably will easily.

JFFulcrum

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:36 pm Post subject: Re: War in Ukraine? Reply with quote

Bungarra wrote (View Post):
I will ask one....

Do you think that the western Allies after investing so much in Ukraine would let Ukraine lose...

Just take a look at Afghanistan. Same true for Russia too with Ukraine.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Jump to: