Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:31 am Post subject: Stalingrad:Der Kessel is repaired !!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hi to everybody;

I still want to stay a little prudent, but I finished yesterday night to replace the Winterwar maps with my already done customer maps and rewrited all the btd's (meaning that the mod is now installed in its final configuration).

Tried to play my Gran Campaign: WORKS !
Tried to make two simple scenarios including the maps which before always crashed: WORKS !!!
Tried -why not- to play to this small campaign which did not crashed before: Still doesn't crash: WORKS !!!

So,I think we can reasonably say that the hell is behind us..

So, what happened? In my mind, two things:

1) I made the mistake to always install my files on an existing mod instead of installing them on the stock CC5. Thanks again to Tejszd and Dima for having, even unvoluntarily, fixed that.

2)My Terrain file was corrupted. It's 100% sure: the mod, for the moment, only works with the Winterwar Terrain file (that means that Germans have a finnish flag!). If I overwrite it with the terrain file I did by just replacing finnish flags by german ones, the game crashes!

It is absolutely, at least for me, incredible: I really thought that the terrain file was a graphic file, so why a crash to the desktop when "Initialasing AI" ????

Anyway, I have now to make a terrain file and I don't know what to do. I don't know anything about MS-DOS, so no way to use SPRTOOL. And I have a problemù with CC2Spriter (that I used to make my corrupted terrain file).

I need help from one of you, as I think that there are some options when repacking terrain graphics with CC2Spriter that I don't understand.

PLease, if you know how this program works, help me.

That's all for today. I will take some sabbatic time now before going back to my maps.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:06 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad:Der Kessel is repaired !!!!!!!! Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
Hi to everybody;

I still want to stay a little prudent, but I finished yesterday night to replace the Winterwar maps with my already done customer maps and rewrited all the btd's (meaning that the mod is now installed in its final configuration).

Tried to play my Gran Campaign: WORKS !
Tried to make two simple scenarios including the maps which before always crashed: WORKS !!!
Tried -why not- to play to this small campaign which did not crashed before: Still doesn't crash: WORKS !!!

So,I think we can reasonably say that the hell is behind us..

So, what happened? In my mind, two things:

1) I made the mistake to always install my files on an existing mod instead of installing them on the stock CC5. Thanks again to Tejszd and Dima for having, even unvoluntarily, fixed that.

2)My Terrain file was corrupted. It's 100% sure: the mod, for the moment, only works with the Winterwar Terrain file (that means that Germans have a finnish flag!). If I overwrite it with the terrain file I did by just replacing finnish flags by german ones, the game crashes!

It is absolutely, at least for me, incredible: I really thought that the terrain file was a graphic file, so why a crash to the desktop when "Initialasing AI" ????

Anyway, I have now to make a terrain file and I don't know what to do. I don't know anything about MS-DOS, so no way to use SPRTOOL. And I have a problemù with CC2Spriter (that I used to make my corrupted terrain file).

I need help from one of you, as I think that there are some options when repacking terrain graphics with CC2Spriter that I don't understand.

PLease, if you know how this program works, help me.

That's all for today. I will take some sabbatic time now before going back to my maps.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Hi!

Send it to me on; matsjoel [at] spray [dot] se, i can try to fix it for you.Do you want the German flags for Berlin in it (with the swastika)? Do you want to have wintertrees reworked or should i leave them as they are..?or maybe it is better that Dima fix this too?

Cheers Mats

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:47 am Post subject: tool bug? Reply with quote

Hi Pzjäger,

failed three times to send a pm at CSO, so this way here:

- there was a bug when extracting sprites with my tool two weeks ago.
- new tool version is online here and at my site.
- tested it today with original CC5 terrain file. The resulting terrain file is ten bytes larger tha the original one! Perhaps a bug again in my tool or a bug inside the original terrain file at offset 3C5FChex.

Must check this out first!

In the meantime please tell me via eMail:
- which input-file did you use for modding: original CC5 Terrain?
- which tool version did you use (latest is v2.7.2)

Contact me via closecombat2 [at] claranet [dot] de

Using the tool: keep the factory settings (sprites counted from 0, TARGAs top-down oriented). All other options are intended for compatibility to SprTool by Cpl_Filth.

Will post again when I'm sure what was the reason.

In th emeantime you can help me in this way: dwnld latest tool version, unpack and then repack Terrain of CC5 with this new version and test the rsulting file in your environment. If all is going well, then the bug is only inside CC5#s Terrain and the tool is working correctly (now).

Must go again inside my code, will contact you!

Thanks a lot for the feedback and I'm sorry for all the problems.

Good luck

Mafi

Sapa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what the hell, had to try it, tested it in Karelia II, enjoy!

Mats

Mafi

Rep: 2.7
votes: 17

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:48 pm Post subject: please use the latest version of CC2Spriter Reply with quote

Hi Pzjäger,

- sending pm on CSO with "ä" will fail, so at CSO I must contact you as "Pzjager". Sorry about that.

- I think the trouble occurs solely from using the older version of my tool. Used the tool to extract/repack CC4-Demo Terrain file and the CC4-Demo worked good with it. Will test tomorrow the same with CC5.

- In fact even the updated version of my tool produces a CC5 Terrain file 10 bytes larger than the original file was. The reason is simple: in the sprite #450 (newly dug big trench) there is a color pixel encoded as 7FFFhex (line 45, pixel 47 or so). This color is reserved (as suggested by Cpl_Filth) for transparency effect = white. My tool writes the TARGA correctly with this color value 7FFFh during extraction, but when repacking it encounter it as a "white" pixel and teherfore produces additional data to terminate the color pixel stream, writing one "white pixel" and then continuing with color pixels again. This produces some overhead and the additional amount of data. But all in all this is not a bug.

- I must confess that my tool does NOT respect the data line-offset table of the sprites. The tool assumes that there are no additional datas. The updated version of the tool does notify these additional (useless) pixels, will report them and will start at the correct offset of the next sprite. I hope that these technical infos doesnt confuse too much.

- Please use the actual v2.7.2 of my tool.

- Please report any further problems.

- By the way: the Terrain file posted in this thread is a CC4-Terrain file. The last 6 sprites necessary for a CC5 Terrain file are missing.

Good luck!

Mafi

Static

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

happy to hear that youre back on track!

looking forward to more screenshots Smile

"War is a crime. Ask the infantry and ask the dead."
-Ernest Hemingway

Sapa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:34 am Post subject: Re: please use the latest version of CC2Spriter Reply with quote

Mafi wrote:
Hi Pzjäger,

- sending pm on CSO with "ä" will fail, so at CSO I must contact you as "Pzjager". Sorry about that.

- I think the trouble occurs solely from using the older version of my tool. Used the tool to extract/repack CC4-Demo Terrain file and the CC4-Demo worked good with it. Will test tomorrow the same with CC5.

- In fact even the updated version of my tool produces a CC5 Terrain file 10 bytes larger than the original file was. The reason is simple: in the sprite #450 (newly dug big trench) there is a color pixel encoded as 7FFFhex (line 45, pixel 47 or so). This color is reserved (as suggested by Cpl_Filth) for transparency effect = white. My tool writes the TARGA correctly with this color value 7FFFh during extraction, but when repacking it encounter it as a "white" pixel and teherfore produces additional data to terminate the color pixel stream, writing one "white pixel" and then continuing with color pixels again. This produces some overhead and the additional amount of data. But all in all this is not a bug.

- I must confess that my tool does NOT respect the data line-offset table of the sprites. The tool assumes that there are no additional datas. The updated version of the tool does notify these additional (useless) pixels, will report them and will start at the correct offset of the next sprite. I hope that these technical infos doesnt confuse too much.

- Please use the actual v2.7.2 of my tool.

- Please report any further problems.

- By the way: the Terrain file posted in this thread is a CC4-Terrain file. The last 6 sprites necessary for a CC5 Terrain file are missing.

Good luck!

Mafi

Yes, it is the one Pzjäger wanted!!

Mats

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: