Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
fenderbender

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:08 pm Post subject: Meuse trouble Reply with quote

I'm having a little trouble with the meuse v33 mod. Can't f Evil or Very Mad g install it!
I've installed the maps and when i try to plug it in an error mess turns up. Saying cant copy the resource dll error=3. I don't no what to do.... Embarassed

Please help!!

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

People here can help, but we need some more information.

1. Do you have a full installation of CC5 and the 5.01 patch installed? You have to have both in order to use mods.

2. Did you install CC5 to the default folder, or did you specify a drive and folder?

3. If you specified a drive and folder, have you changed the CC5 registry entries?

4. Which version of the Meuse mod are you trying to install?

5. Which version of Configuration Manager are you using?

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

fenderbender

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the full installation, with the patch
I installed the game into another file, and i changed the reg file
I tried both versions of meuse 32 and 33, but the same error message appears: cant copy the resource dll to the specified folder error=3
I've got the v13 of the plugin manager

Hope that this info will do it
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 2:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thats your problem I believe. Reinstall with default settings.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

poli

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
Quote:

Thats your problem I believe. Reinstall with default settings.

Yes the pulgin manager doesnt cope with CC being in anything but the default folder.

BTW MOOXE keep up the good work!!!

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That is simpliy and absolutely not true. I have all of my CC games in differenct folders on my D:\ drive and each configuration manager works well with the entire series.

The only thing that the configuration managers need in order to function is to have the registry properly edited for the correct InstalledTo string value for each of the games.

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

fenderbender wrote:
I have the full installation, with the patch
I tried both versions of meuse 32 and 33, but the same error message appears: cant copy the resource dll to the specified folder error=3
I've got the v13 of the plugin manager

Hope that this info will do it
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Your error problem finally got me off my butt to download Meuse v3.3 and the two new maps. I had no problem installing, playing and unistalling the mod.

Your error is unusual. I've never heard of anyone having this one before. The Meuse mods don't copy the original CC5ResourseDLL.dll to the ConfigMng\Originals folder, it renames it in the CC5 folder.

All I can suggest at this point is to open your CC5 folder and check the Properties of the CCResoureDLL.dll file. If it is set at Read Only, change its properties to be Archive only. If it is Read Only, Configuration Manager may not be able to rename it.

Try installing again and if you get another error, please either take a screenshot of the error window and post it here, or give a full description of the errow window, including size, boarder and header color and the complete text.

I hope this helps.

fenderbender

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get right on it....

After my hangover..... Evil or Very Mad

fenderbender

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok here goes

How do I insert the image of the error mess?????

I'm gonna post it on the photo gallery

poli

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote:
That is simpliy and absolutely not true. I have all of my CC games in differenct folders on my D:\ drive and each configuration manager works well with the entire series.

The only thing that the configuration managers need in order to function is to have the registry properly edited for the correct InstalledTo string value for each of the games.

I stand corrected.

But most peeps dont know how to edit reg. (including me)

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 7:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenderbender, thanks for posting the image. The problem you are having is not a system error or a problem with the Configuration Manager application; it is a common error when Configuration Manager cannot follow the command line instructions in a mod's install.txt file.

There are two things you need to do to fix this.

1. You need to repair or replace your original files in CC5. You can do this in one of two ways: Either uninstall the 5.01 patch, and then unistall CC5, then reinstall CC5 and reapply the 5.01 patch.

Since Configuration Manager has never gotten very far in the command lines before failing to install the Meuse mod, it would be faster to fix the CC5 files than to go through an uninstall and install, as there are probably only a couple of files that need to be deleted or renamed.

Before you go the long route of uninstalling and reinstalling CC5, open your CC5 folder. You should see something like this:

The Meuse mod renames existing files by changing the file extention to .PKP, then copies the mod's files to the CC5 folder. Here is what the install.txt file looks like.

Check the main CC5 folder for files that have a .PKP extention. Delete any same named file, in this case the CC5.exe and CCResourceDLL.dll files. Rename the CC5.pkp file to CC5.exe and the CCResourceDLL.pkp to CCResourceDLL.dll.

Check the Data folders for any .pkp files and do the same thing, but I'll bet that there will not be any, as Configuration Manager never seems to have gotten very far on the list for you.

Once you have done either of the two repairs of CC5, it will be back to it's original condition.

2. Now you need to find out why Configuration Manager is not finding the mod files to copy to the CC5 folder.

Open your Configuration Manager for CC5 and first look in the System\Packages folder. You should find a folder for the Meuse_v33_Full mod. I keep renaming my mod folders, so yours may not match mine.

If there is no Meuse_v33_Full folder, I'll cover how to correct that below.

Open the System\Packages\Meuse_v33_Full folder. There should be 179 files in the folder.

If there are fewer than 179 files in the System\Packages\Meuse_v33_Full folder, or if no folder exists, then you will need to manually create a folder and extract the files into it from the Meuse_v33_Full.pln file.

In the Configuration Manager for CC5, open the Plugins folder.

Again, because I keep messing with the file names, your files may not match mine, but you should know which file to look at.

Open the Plugins\Meuse_v33_Full.pln file with WinZip, WinAce or WinRAR. If you have trouble getting WinZip, WinAce or WinRAR to open the .pln file, rename it from .pln to .zip. Extract the 179 files to the System\Packages\Meuse mod folder that exists or that you created. (The name of the folder should match the name of the .pln file.) Remember to rename the plugin back to .pln, if you had to rename it as a .zip file.

Ensure that the System\Packages\Meuse mod folder now has 179 files and that should do it.

Configuration Manager should now be able to install the Meuse v33 mod without errors.

As a general note, I have found that not all .pln files extract fully into the Packages folders each and every time. I've had to manually extract files from a .pln several times. There has been no consistant pattern to this, so I don't know if it is something to do with the Configuration Manager, a compression application, or just the weirdness of my computer system. I now always check the total number of files in the .pln to the mod's Packages folder before using Configuration Manager to install a new mod. It takes just a couple of minutes, but has saved me ten fold from having to fix a failed install on more than one occasion.

Senior_Drill

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

poli wrote:
.... But most peeps dont know how to edit reg. (including me)

Editing the registry for your CC games is not hard or scarey. By knowing how to make just a single change, it allows you to install your CC games in any folder or drive that you want and still get a Configuration Manager to find the game.

It's a good idea to make a backup of your registry before doing any editing. You can find out how to make a backup by looking in the Help Topics of your OS.

Once you have a backup, open your Registry by going Start\Run and entering "regedit" (without the quotation marks) and press OK.

Browse to My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.01. In that folder, scroll down until you find the String Value labled "InstalledTo". Right click that String Value and select Modify from the drop down menu, then change the Value Data to the correct drive and folder where you have installed your CC5 game. Press OK.

(Added by Edit 3/19/05) If your Registry folder does not have this String Value, then you need to create one by clicking "Edit" on the menu bar and select "New" and "String Value" from the drop down menus. Rename the String Value from "New Value #1" to "InstalledTo" (no space between the words). Next, right click on that String value and select "Modify" from the drop down menu and in the Edit window, enter the drive and folder of the location CC5 is installed to. Click OK. (This add and an added String Value for "IntalledFrom" with a value data equal to your CD\DVD ROM or virtual HD drive letter may need to be created as well.)

Now modify or add the same string value data to the \CLose Combat\5.00 folder as you did for the \5.01 folder. (End Edit)

Close the Registry, and you are done! The Configuration Manager for CC5 will now be able to find your CC5 game in whatever drive or folder you have installed to.

This works the same for all the CC games.

CC2 and CC3 can be found under My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Close Combat\2.0 and 3.0.

CC4 is in My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Strategic Simulations Inc.\Close Combat\4.0.

RtB is in My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Road to Baghdad\1.0.

CCM is in My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Atomic Games, Inc.\Close Combat USMC-FUM\1.0

Last edited by Senior_Drill on Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender bender.... those error images are throwing the alignment of this website off to far to the right... I will have to delete them...

Try here to upload your pictures... its much easier also.

http://www.imageshack.us/

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

fenderbender

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry mr mooxe
i didnt know how to post the images here in the forum.... i panicked Laughing

bambam887

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

fenderbender,

transfer the pics to your free webspace at your server, then insert them thru the button img Arrow

eg push button img, add the link of the img push the button again.
it should look like this in your reply (due to the underscores in the 2 img signs, it doesn't work. this to provide you with an example.
[img_]http://users.skynet.be/bambam887/images/w2dlogo.jpg[_/img]
this is what shows when applying correctly

@ mooxe,
now I understand Wink

fenderbender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

AaaHAA

Now i get it

LOCK AT THIS Very Happy

[/img]

fenderbender

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

its done!
Wink

bambam887

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

THX
Smile

bambam887

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Tejszd

First of all, I'm impressed with what you've done to complete the video Cool

Now my question:
Got 3.3 installed, (done a complete reinstall of everything)
My maps only show one map called Mouzon and description is new meuse map, where are the others Question
Played 2 battles in GC without any problem (so far) Wink

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bambam,

I think you mean battles not maps. Unfortunately in v3.3 I was still not able to find out why single battles have always crashed most times you start them. So I have just one, Mouzon, becuase if there is none you will get an error on the multiple player screen as it has to have a battle to default to.

Montherm and Rocroi maps were added iin V3.3.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: