GJS-LSA Beta is available
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:10 pm
    —
Let me know if there are any problems.  I haven't tested the download and install after all the issues I've had getting this uploaded. Thanks to those who offered to help, and a big thanks to Mooxe for hosting this.

1. Version 6.0 (6th version for LSA).  It's an installer in a zip.

2. It requires you have CC LSA patched up to the current version.

3. Currently there is only one single battle, one operation, and one GC designed for H2H.

GJS-LSA 6.0

Last edited by Cathartes on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
    —
Woohoo!

Edit: installed without errors and starts fine.... Just starting the GC now....

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:20 pm
    —
Thanks!

#4: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: salhexe PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:13 pm
    —
Thank you

#5: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:38 pm
    —
sweet

#6: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Von MansteinLocation: Santander (Spain) PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:06 pm
    —
Thanks a lot

#7: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:07 pm
    —
It will be great to try a different scenario with LSA. Thanks for all the work to satisfy our CC cravings.

#8: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Tanaka PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:33 am
    —
Been waiting for this! lovely.

Glad you managed to get it uploaded,

#9: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: DAK_Von_ManteuffelLocation: Zaragoza (España) PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:57 pm
    —
Thanks! Wink

#10: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:51 pm
    —
feels like i m having a first date, all this stress before i play Smile

#11: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:28 pm
    —
your just worried coz ya going to play me...:P

Tigercub

#12: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:23 pm
    —
and overkenshin ;)

put i first going to play against AI,
wanna know what units are in the bgs :p and whats its all about, but i ll be online tonight, european time

why do i feel its going to be a long night

#13: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:04 am
    —
Someday I might buy LSA but until then thank-you very much for all the hard work.

#14: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Aetius PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:49 pm
    —
Thanks for the GJS LSA release, having a blast playing it.
The LSA forcepool system, new sounds and the static BG's give the mod an extra dimension.
I still need some time to get used to the soldier behaviour, they seem to crawl back to safety when under fire, i played the stock LSA game but didn't notice the "safety crawl" that much.

GJS fan since v4.2 (2003).

Aetius

#15: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:33 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Someday I might buy LSA but until then thank-you very much for all the hard work.

Same.

Thanks for all this Cathartes I hope to get LSA soon to play your mod.

#16: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:12 am
    —
Cathartes....thank you my friend  Very Happy looking forward to this. [ it is just like a 1st date!! LMAO ]

im going to DL it now but have a question.....is this a modswap install? if not will it interfere with a regular game of LSA i have going??

thanks Gents!!

#17: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:51 pm
    —
Definitely met my expectations so far!

After a patch, GJS-LSA will be the ultimate evolution of the close combat series without a doubt.

#18: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:11 am
    —
stiener wrote (View Post):
Cathartes....thank you my friend  Very Happy looking forward to this. [ it is just like a 1st date!! LMAO ]

im going to DL it now but have a question.....is this a modswap install? if not will it interfere with a regular game of LSA i have going??

thanks Gents!!

You're welcome!  And no... should not interfere with existing LSA game.  It's not a modswap install, it's a D/ switch install.

#19: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:17 am
    —
thanks cathartes! got it installed and it looks great. going to start a GC tommorrow. like Tigercub says.....GJS - LSA will / is the ultimate evolution in the CC series.... its got all the cool LSA options and the greatist CC mod ever made!! Smile

#20: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:09 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

Perhaps a modder, wouldn't mind migrating GJS to TLD/WAR. Perhaps a modder that has experience with TLD/WAR mods.

#21: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 pm
    —
Battle for Caen mod by Dima is released already and is essentially GJS-TRSM for TLD. Excellent mod.

But features like stacking/merging battle groups and being able to attack into maps from two locations is really what brings the game to the next level.

#22: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:32 pm
    —
so...the NEW matrix update that just came out for LSA will be ok with the GJS - LSA mod im assumming? Smile

#23: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:05 am
    —
Actually i was getting an error on start up which looked like something to do with the formatting of the .txt files, so i just stayed on the .53b Beta version patch.

Has anyone managed to get GJS 6.0 working with the brand new matrix patch?

#24: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 pm
    —
i havent hooked up with anyone yet to play GJS LSA, but i did load in the new patch. was going to use hamachi until GR is set up to run GJS LSA.

cathartes...do u think running the new LSA patch will be an issue? i find it real intersting that matrix throws out the new official patch 1 day after GJS LSA comes out. WTF??

does anyone think GR will set it up so we can run GJS LSA thru GR??

#25: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:41 am
    —
buuface wrote (View Post):

Has anyone managed to get GJS 6.0 working with the brand new matrix patch?

I applied the new LSA patch and GJS 6 beta is working fine....

#26: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: MarkM PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:06 am
    —
Aetius wrote (View Post):
Thanks for the GJS LSA release, having a blast playing it.
The LSA forcepool system, new sounds and the static BG's give the mod an extra dimension.
I still need some time to get used to the soldier behaviour, they seem to crawl back to safety when under fire, i played the stock LSA game but didn't notice the "safety crawl" that much.

GJS fan since v4.2 (2003).

Aetius

I can assure you the "crawl back to safety" is a LSA initiative, and nothing to do with the GJS mod.

#27: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Aetius PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:52 am
    —
weird thing is that this behaviour is less prominent when fighting inland than when fighting on the beaches, probably something to do with cover.

#28: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:03 am
    —
This mod definitely deserves a post on the front of the forum.

Mooxe?

#29: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:32 am
    —
Cannot find the download  Sad

#30: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:39 pm
    —
I haven't commented on this mod before but I should have. I played the operation with both sides and I loved it. Great mod, great maps and just plays well. Never mind about the bugs. I do read the bug thread but I have experienced just 1 ctd. Again, great effort on this mod and it has set the standard again for future LSA mods (as it did for CC5) .
I love the new sounds!

#31: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: MarkM PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:17 am
    —
Hi guys,

It seems the game is running pretty smoothly for most people. There will always be the odd crash/bug, they won't go away.
Its way better than the CC5 crap that almost made me leave CC for good.

So,has it been established yet that the current release, with minimal reinforcements for the allies is correct?

I noticed Steiner (hi Mike) saying that he playing with morale on, I actually prefer it off. Comments?

I am getting a new fibre optic cable to my residence sometime in the near future, thus will be able to play this baby
without too many hickups from my end. Thus my interest to know just where this mod is currently at.

#32: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Firefrost PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:01 am
    —
Hi People,

I seem to be unable to access the download, does anyone know of an alternate link? Or could someone host a torrent for a bit?

Cheers!

#33: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: PionUrpo PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:04 am
    —
Firefrost wrote (View Post):
Hi People,

I seem to be unable to access the download, does anyone know of an alternate link? Or could someone host a torrent for a bit?

Cheers!

Same for me. Finaly got LSA from sale and would like to get my hands on this marvelous mod.

And many thanks for your hard work Cathartes.

#34: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:34 pm
    —
The mod is online again.

#35: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:05 am
    —
Thanks Mooxe!

#36: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:51 am
    —
cool... hope I c download it this evening!  Cool

#37: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:27 am
    —
How do I install this mod?

#38: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:49 pm
    —
Disregard last transmission!

#39: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: MarkM PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:50 am
    —
Bump.

Any update info Carthes?

Hi guys,

It seems the game is running pretty smoothly for most people. There will always be the odd crash/bug, they won't go away.
Its way better than the CC5 crap that almost made me leave CC for good.

So,has it been established yet that the current release, with minimal reinforcements for the allies is correct?

I noticed Steiner (hi Mike) saying that he playing with morale on, I actually prefer it off. Comments?

I am getting a new fibre optic cable to my residence sometime in the near future, thus will be able to play this baby
without too many hickups from my end. Thus my interest to know just where this mod is currently at.

#40: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:23 am
    —
I have no info from Cathartes but given he is working on the next Matrix CC (PiTF + mod from Catharts & Manio) so I would not think he has time for updates right now....

#41: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: salhexe PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:22 am
    —
Hi
I'm currently testing my vetmod with the valuable advice of Cathartes.

In the GC in progress at day +5 I have not had any crashes. I hope soon to upload the german vetmod, that seems to me to be very hard.

Problems remain with Ai sleeping, especially in the first days on the beaches, but that in addition to being a problem with the game engine, also depends on the evolution of the battle on the beaches. If you come blown away immediately, this does not happen.

In image my currently situation

e.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  128.1 KB
 Viewed:  541 Time(s)

e.jpg

#42: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 am
    —
this mod is only for h2h that's why the Ai is sleeping it has not been updated at all that I know to play the AI.

Tigercub

#43: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:49 am
    —
In my experience, Ai sleeps only when it is not interested to gain ground at that time and in accordance with the strategic situation of the campaign, otherwise it makes a hard assault.
This is a true for WAR/TLD/LSA that old CC.

#44: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:58 pm
    —
Stiener,
Saw your PM, working on an update to GJS when I have the time.  Will do the best I can.  Go ahead and send your list.
Best,
Cathartes

#45: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Firefrost PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:19 am
    —
Been playing a H2H campaign of this with a mate, IMHO this mod with LSA makes for the best CC experience I have ever had. Pretty much a reason to buy LSA by itself. Thanks a lot Cathartes!

#46: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Spud1889 PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:05 am
    —
Hi,

Just clicking on the link on the first page of this thread and it downloads 500mb of something but I can't then unzip this, is this the right link to this mod or should I find it somewhere else?

#47: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:21 am
    —
Hi Spud 1889......not sure whats going on with the DL. perhaps Mooxe will look into it like he did before?

Mark M .......hows it going bro? for now id say that the allies will not be getting a reinforce button. but i think you may have figured that out by now.  Smile  
im 7 days into the GC and the allies seem to have enough tanks and troops so far.a bit short on FireFlys tho......
not sure whats going to happen in the long run yet tho. the mod does need a bit o tweaking tho  Cool

#48: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:57 am
    —
I just DL and installed it and seems to be fine.

As for some that want this game? Scour the net on occasion, you can actually find it for a really decent price and by that I mean **legal** copies. I picked it up around 2 months ago (used) from an advertisement for just 15.00 used in the case with the manual still.

#49: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:41 pm
    —
do you think you will be doing an update anytime soon cathartes? it would be awesome if you could  Very Happy

#50: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:11 am
    —
stiener wrote (View Post):
do you think you will be doing an update anytime soon cathartes? it would be awesome if you could  Very Happy

I could be bribed with beer. Smile

Sorry, just been busy with things that make a living and other real life issues.

#51: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:48 pm
    —
LOL........what kind of beer are you drinking bro? ill send some over!!  Very Happy

real life and making a living suck...but we all have to do it, altho theres always the Lotto!  Cool
when ever you can get to an update we will all appretiate it bro. thanks.

#52: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:18 pm
    —
Have to agree with Stiener that real life comes first!

Having said that an update making a good mod even better would be appreciated....

#53: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:32 am
    —
Cathartes...did you get the beer? LOL  Very Happy

any news on an update?

#54: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:02 am
    —
Need a case of Steam Whistle Pilsner.  Think customs will let it through to the US?

#55: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:08 am
    —
perhaps i could bring it down myself and we could visit......LOL......what part of the USA are you in bro?

#56: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:41 am
    —
any news of an update?

#57: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:24 pm
    —
I guess the beer bribe never arrived:)

#58: Re: GJS-LSA Beta is available Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:47 am
    —
TSA probably intercepted it.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1