GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:09 pm
    —
Please post bugs, comments, and suggestions in this thread.  Current version is GJS-LSA 6.0 Beta.

#2: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:16 pm
    —
Hi there.

How is it possible to play this mod h2h using gameranger?

When starting the game from GR, the vanilla version of LSA launches, not GJS 6.0

Hamachi works fine

Many thanks

#3: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:18 pm
    —
Unfortunately GR doesn't support fully-modded CC games unless you make a few graphic alterations, which I haven't had time to do.  Best solution for now is to meet up on GR and connect to your opponent the old-school way.

#4: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: nikin PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 pm
    —
Cathartes wrote (View Post):
10. Fixed crew size in Sherman Flail.
What has changed?

Cheers, nikin

#5: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:27 pm
    —
Quote:

10. Fixed crew size in Sherman Flail.
What has changed?

Dunno.  It's been a while since that was changed, might have been that it was set to 4?  Also might have been a mistake in tLD (never released) that was not a mistake in GJS 4.4.

#6: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Vampir PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:04 pm
    —
Hmmm... ranks german ss units  on the display team data displayed like FJ units.

Przechwytywanie.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.49 KB
 Viewed:  27174 Time(s)

Przechwytywanie.JPG

#7: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:56 pm
    —
Quote:
Hmmm... ranks german ss units  on the display team data displayed like FJ units.

Noted.  Thanks for letting me know.

#8: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: KilovskimkIII PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:41 am
    —
Why no timer? Battles just go on and on especially if defending

#9: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:55 am
    —
There is a timer..  Confused

#10: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: KilovskimkIII PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:06 pm
    —
Doh!....My bad...feel all stoopid now! Embarassed  Laughing

#11: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: chessmasterLocation: Antwerp and Ghent PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:07 pm
    —
Have not played allied yet, only german

PLUS

works really fine, great coding, amazing intro sound, gun sounds

graphics of smoke wrecked tank or vehicle better

bg's seem well balanced and full of variation, i can see a lot of work went into it

must note airborne forces AI in campaign is good.. and agressive, they ran straight trough me and blew me away.. recon infantry was not spotted sneaked past me ? WTF.. wonder how these guys would be in human hands

really like the quote in the beginning of the cmpgn for the germen side.. i hope i get a quote like that every day
keeps me motivated, also the quotes on the map itself.. interesting to read how the germans felt

some small stuff i noted just playing against ai, and i know its not ment to be played against ai, but just for bugs

- grille and mark tank when set near a small hedrow sight straight in front of the tank is blocked, am i the only on getting this? had this playing the operation

- pak fires at infantry from medium range with gun in defense mode during operation

- second turn 7 in the morning, after night battle against airbornes, i got airstrike as german but i could not allocate during campaign, i believe its because of the suprise attack

and now its time to face Tigercub and Overkenshin H2h Smile

#12: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:50 pm
    —
I had to chance to check the game single player briefly, feels very nice so far!

I like the new sounds a lot generally. The only problem is the grenade throwing sound is a bit too loud and awkward and gets on the nerves. The previous grenade throwing sound from GJS was better in my opinion.

#13: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:00 am
    —
I think its very well done at this point great job Cathartes gun sounds are spot on seems to be bug free ...vehicle graphics

I will say the kill area for mortar is to large killing 7 men on the run with 1 round looks like a about 20m kill zone a little to effective but how they are fired with fight time is well done.

Tigercub

#14: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:31 pm
    —
PHP:
grille and mark tank when set near a small hedrow sight straight in front of the tank is blockedam i the only on getting thishad this playing the operation 

pak fires at infantry from medium range with gun in defense mode during operation 

second turn 7 in the morningafter night battle against airbornesi got airstrike as german but i could not allocate during campaigni believe its because of the suprise attack 

Not sure of your situation with the hedgerow blocking LOS.   Hedgerows are of variable thicknesses and you will need to carefully site/hide tanks behind them for optimum defense.

Did the PAK fire its infantry weapons or the gun itself?  If it fired its small arms weapons, yes, this is hard to prevent in LSA unless we take all small arms weapons away from the gun crews.

Regarding the airstrike--it might be you can only place it on a proper BG, not a static BG.

#15: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:33 pm
    —
Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
I had to chance to check the game single player briefly, feels very nice so far!

I like the new sounds a lot generally. The only problem is the grenade throwing sound is a bit too loud and awkward and gets on the nerves. The previous grenade throwing sound from GJS was better in my opinion.

Thanks, and noted.  Can possibly optimize sounds  in the future after further feedback.

#16: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:39 pm
    —
tigercub wrote (View Post):
I think its very well done at this point great job Cathartes gun sounds are spot on seems to be bug free ...vehicle graphics

I will say the kill area for mortar is to large killing 7 men on the run with 1 round looks like a about 20m kill zone a little to effective but how they are fired with fight time is well done.

Tigercub

Thanks.

Regarding the mortars, their killing effectiveness is the same as LSA.  However, they are far less accurate in this current iteration.  If a mortar round goes off within 20m of a bunch of upright men, I think you can reasonably expect those results.  Mortars were the cause of most of the British/Canadian casualties in Normandy.

#17: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Vampir PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 pm
    —
On the "soldier display" ranks troops from 21 PzDiv are mixed.
PG sections - displayed like SS ranks; tanks and guns, mortars etc. crews displayed  WH ranks.
On the "soldier display" any SS unit ranks displayed like WH ranks (all troops: inrantry, crews etc).
Sorry for my english Smile

gjs ss troops ranks.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  447.89 KB
 Viewed:  24893 Time(s)

gjs ss troops ranks.PNG

PG ranks 21 PZdiv.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  305.46 KB
 Viewed:  24893 Time(s)

PG ranks 21 PZdiv.PNG

#18: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:07 pm
    —
great mod!
My 2 cents:
1). snipers IMHO are to weak
a).I think morale/experience should be higher (those guys are well trained)
b). PB and short range should be set to longer distance
c). firing shouldnt be visiible (there is an option in one of the txt files)
2). Maybe it was an extreme luck for both of us (me and my companion in H2H game): german guns on the beaches, placed in bunker were next to immortal as well as allied tanks were. My guys (germans) couldnt hit anything for ALL their ammo so there were quite a number fo shots. Light green LOS, 200-210 meters. I think all the tanks should be knocked out - insted of this we had a shooting range. Tanks (4 units) were shooting at my gun placed in a bunker and didnt kill it! for 15minutes of gameplay

I find small arms very realistic, nice idea with mortars (from 200m) etc
Good job guys!

#19: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:56 pm
    —
Quote:
On the "soldier display" ranks troops from 21 PzDiv are mixed.
PG sections - displayed like SS ranks; tanks and guns, mortars etc. crews displayed  WH ranks.
On the "soldier display" any SS unit ranks displayed like WH ranks (all troops: inrantry, crews etc).

Thanks for the specific feedback, Yes, I have some ranks to sort out still.

Quote:
1). snipers IMHO are to weak
a).I think morale/experience should be higher (those guys are well trained)
b). PB and short range should be set to longer distance
c). firing shouldnt be visiible (there is an option in one of the txt files)
2). Maybe it was an extreme luck for both of us (me and my companion in H2H game): german guns on the beaches, placed in bunker were next to immortal as well as allied tanks were. My guys (germans) couldnt hit anything for ALL their ammo so there were quite a number fo shots. Light green LOS, 200-210 meters. I think all the tanks should be knocked out - insted of this we had a shooting range. Tanks (4 units) were shooting at my gun placed in a bunker and didnt kill it! for 15minutes of gameplay

I find small arms very realistic, nice idea with mortars (from 200m) etc
Good job guys!

Thanks for the feedback.  I can certainly adjust snipers in the next update, but would be interested in the feedback from others.  Snipers can be pretty effective at suppressing troops in LSA, so I kept their weapon performance the same as their infantry cousins.  

Regarding your shootout:  Was it the 5.0cm fixed AT gun?  Bunkers are more protective than ever, and most fire against them is area fire.  Further, tanks only fire HE (after the first round in the chamber) at AT Guns (hard-coded in LSA) so a direct hit is required, and crews around guns in bunkers are VERY WELL protected from this.  Plan on using your naval barrage and/or infantry to take them out.  Best not to get into a tank vs bunker duel if possible. The best tools to use are AVREs and CROCs if available. Also, in LSA AT guns are much less accurate overall if the crew is under fire, suppressed, scared, or wounded, and duels can go on for some time in the situation you described.  Finally... as you know, CC series still sometimes gets stuck in an endless shootout loop with little or no damage getting inflicted.  Please keep me posted if this repeats.

#20: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 pm
    —

Thanks for the feedback.  I can certainly adjust snipers in the next update, but would be interested in the feedback from others.  Snipers can be pretty effective at suppressing troops in LSA, so I kept their weapon performance the same as their infantry cousins.  

Regarding your shootout:  Was it the 5.0cm fixed AT gun?  Bunkers are more protective than ever, and most fire against them is area fire.  Further, tanks only fire HE (after the first round in the chamber) at AT Guns (hard-coded in LSA) so a direct hit is required, and crews around guns in bunkers are VERY WELL protected from this.  Plan on using your naval barrage and/or infantry to take them out.  Best not to get into a tank vs bunker duel if possible. The best tools to use are AVREs and CROCs if available. Also, in LSA AT guns are much less accurate overall if the crew is under fire, suppressed, scared, or wounded, and duels can go on for some time in the situation you described.  Finally... as you know, CC series still sometimes gets stuck in an endless shootout loop with little or no damage getting inflicted.  Please keep me posted if this repeats.

I think taking a single unit (a sniper) instead of a 7 man team is worth only under special circumstances. Like defending againts tanks for examply. Thats why i believe it should be really effective and deadly - there are just a few units of them by a BG. And such a team can be easly taken down. In my opinion its better to make them trully good, but limited to lets say 1 unit per BG, maybe two.
Same thing with AT weapons - I think shrecks/bazooka should be effective, but only at a limited range. I didnt check howit works now - I am just expressing my opinion:) The idea behind is that the defender should have an ability to defend instead of exploiting morale to slow down enemy advancing.
Apart from effectivness, sniper shots shoudlnt be visible I think

Regarding gunfight - these werent PAKs. These were the old types - but what is strange, on an another map they were pretty effective. Ill keep you updated, but seems bunkers are too tough.

Is it only me, but seems some AT guns refused shooting at infantry (with guns, not small arms)?

Did you changed mines effectivnes? On one of the maps, my opponent lost 2 tanks due to mines

#21: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:23 am
    —
[quote="Kojusoki";p="69878"]

Is it only me, but seems some AT guns refused shooting at infantry (with guns, not small arms)?

Did you changed mines effectivnes? On one of the maps, my opponent lost 2 tanks due to mines

I am seeing AT guns firing their HE rounds (PAK 40s) at enemy infantry, if you never do something is amiss.

Yes, minefields are effective at taking out tanks, however; the coding for mines in LSA is different, and only one in eight acts as an AT mine.  Nonetheless, Allied players take a real risk in using tanks to cross minefields.

#22: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 am
    —
and the mine fields are in new places on some maps because they have been recoded...use your crabs.

+2 with the sniper changes Kojusoki sniper fire is best not to be seen for the game.

Cathartes  Regarding the mortars, their killing effectiveness is the same as LSA was to strong then and still now but giving then far less accurate does help but when you lose a full squad to one round I think its over kill.

that aside its a fantastic mod very nice work indeed.
Tigercub

#23: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mjunod PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:58 pm
    —
I am going to make my first post on this site in many years of playing CC and lurking here to say:

Thank you for this mod.  Better engine + GJS...the results are excellent, the hard work shows.

Bugs:

* I'm getting a CC freeze / lockup (at "loading" immediately after the battle), reproducible every time, after fighting on the new Magny map in a current GC savegame at D+1 / 0700 round (last battle of the round).  Not sure if it's a data bug or just general CC buggyness / corrupt savegame.

* Unit uniforms, as mentioned previously

Comments/Suggestions:

* I like the longer mortar flight time and decreased accuracy vs. CC defaults.  Stock mortar strength is OK by me.  Move fast over open ground should be an invitation for disaster Smile  Personally, I would have liked to see delay even slightly longer, trading for slightly increased accuracy over where it is in the mod.

* Agree that sniper fire should be invisible.  But, so far snipers seem to be plenty deadly in the mod, so I wouldn't change effectiveness.

* When defending, it seems like the AI defends exits better than it normally does.

* The crawl of death / ignore orders under fire is fun, after you sneak a unit through a minefield, they get shot at, and move back through the minefield  Very Happy

* Jury is out for me on the M10 changes.  M10 turret speed is REALLY slow, which is more realistic, but due to the way armor moves in the game, when issuing a move order, the turret frequently turns the wrong direction vs potential targets.  It's much more difficult to use these on the move now, although they can still do OK in defense.  Waypoints do help some.  Also, the 50 cal on the rear arc is interesting, but fire order vs infantry seems to use the cannon, not the MG, so seems best suited to crew mowing down infantry trying to flank the TD in defense.  I like the way it is in PiTF, where the 50 can be fired in any direction, but the M10 crew is quite exposed.

* Great work all around Cathartes, thanks again

#24: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:50 am
    —
Hi i have played 3 turns in H2H GC now

My two cents;

If the german player moves 21st panzer division into Ranville on day 6 afternoon. At the same time a 3rd allied para division lands on top of them. When the battle begins the Germans control the whole map because there was already a static BG on the map which now merged with 21st panzaer BG. The para division has only one VL in the middle of the map, and practically no anti-tank weapons. Very easy pickings and an easy disband for this heavily armed german division. I would suggest perhaps either starting gerry one map back or making the paras land one turn earlier so they have a chance to get a foothold on the map before 21st arrives.

Also
- the Sherman crab tank doesn't seem to be any more well protected at the front than regular Sherman
- Snipers seem about right imo - except they get spotted VERY easily and can they take VLs??? I think they can but they shouldn't be able to
- A lot of the square bunkers have nowhere to shoot out of.

Cant comment yet on GC balance yet

Really great mod so far. Well done Cathartes

#25: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:55 pm
    —
Thanks to all for the constructive comments, monitoring the discussion and taking notes.

#26: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:58 pm
    —
(If the german player moves 21st panzer division into Ranville on day 6 afternoon. At the same time a 3rd allied para division lands on top of them. When the battle begins the Germans control the whole map because there was already a static BG on the map which now merged with 21st panzaer BG. The para division has only one VL in the middle of the map, and practically no anti-tank weapons. Very easy pickings and an easy disband for this heavily armed german division. I would suggest perhaps either starting gerry one map back or making the paras land one turn earlier so they have a chance to get a foothold on the map before 21st arrives.)

+2 yer it needs a little change there, I just attack there was an easy win for me  but he did get a 2VL start but no use with that fire power.

Tiger

#27: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: kwenistonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:51 pm
    —
Love the mod so far, great work.

One map related comment: on Merville Batteries, I got a unit stuck in battery 3 after initial placement there (lower part).

#28: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:36 am
    —
I am not sure what the issue is with the snipers being seen to easily. It was a problem in the vanilla version of LSA as well.

They were as easy to spot as any regular squad or MG crew, which basically made them useless.

So if this could be addressed would be great.

#29: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:37 pm
    —
I think its all about experience. If the sniper is experienced enough, its is hardly spotted. The other issue is that snipers are imho too weak (their rifles) and their shoots are traceable.
We played several battles (H2H), I play german, and so far, my 5cm guns at the beaches, when placed in a bunker, didnt kill a single tank! No idea wheter its bad luck or something, but seems strange.

Another thing: my At Cars with 7,5cm PaKs didnt kill sherman at 300m with 2-3 direct hits. Also Cromwell got a few direct hits and wasnt killed as well (also 7,5cm PaK on a car). Maybe its ok, I just used to fast and deadly tanks duels.

#30: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 pm
    —
one more thing: my MarkIV was assualted by 3 commando units with explosives, noone used them (my tank was in a middle of a nice crowd armed to teeth and his main problem was "too close"Smile . Check please, if the explosives are set to "attack armour" or just infantry.

#31: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:19 am
    —
Kojusoki wrote (View Post):
one more thing: my MarkIV was assualted by 3 commando units with explosives, noone used them (my tank was in a middle of a nice crowd armed to teeth and his main problem was "too close"Smile . Check please, if the explosives are set to "attack armour" or just infantry.

I think this is a problem with the new AI of the re-releases since in Pitf soldiers assault tanks that come close and try to take them out with their fists and teeth instead of their AT weapons.

#32: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:40 pm
    —
Quote:
Another thing: my At Cars with 7,5cm PaKs didnt kill sherman at 300m with 2-3 direct hits. Also Cromwell got a few direct hits and wasnt killed as well (also 7,5cm PaK on a car). Maybe its ok, I just used to fast and deadly tanks duels.

Please keep me posted if problem continues.

Quote:
one more thing: my MarkIV was assualted by 3 commando units with explosives, noone used them (my tank was in a middle of a nice crowd armed to teeth and his main problem was "too close" . Check please, if the explosives are set to "attack armour" or just infantry.

Sometimes infantry will use their hand-held AT weapons, but not always when you want them to. Mostly it's as others have said, in LSA, regular infantry squads will assault a tank for no gain. This is a hard-coded issue, and it doesn't work as intended in LSA.

#33: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Aetius PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:56 am
    —
When engaging infantry targets with the M10, the M10 remains in "saving ammo" state untill you give the fire order again.
I think the main gun had 44 rounds left, does it only carry a small number of AP ammo?

#34: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:01 am
    —
I think it needs more HE shells. Its currently a very weak unit because of its impotence against infantry and the very slow turret speed.

#35: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 pm
    —
Quote:
When engaging infantry targets with the M10, the M10 remains in "saving ammo" state untill you give the fire order again.
I think the main gun had 44 rounds left, does it only carry a small number of AP ammo?

Might be it's too low on HE rounds at the time.  Did you fire one round before this happened, or multiple rounds of HE?

#36: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:06 am
    —
my 2 cents...the german 75mm a/t gun should be able to kill a crom or a sherman with 1 or 2 shots, hands down. it was a formidible a/t gun as we all know. could be the gun data is a bit messed up cathartes?

PS...love the mod...you are a god  Very Happy

#37: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:14 am
    —
Quote:

Might be it's too low on HE rounds at the time.  Did you fire one round before this happened, or multiple rounds of HE?

I think i fired 1 or 2 rounds at infantry target before saving ammo state appeared.

#38: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 am
    —
Thank you very much!  Very Happy

I suppose the girlie Soldiers is standard from the LSA but i think you should consider changing the mortars that hits 90% of the time allso from LSA..

The AI (allies) doesent use the artillery support..

Anyway great work!

greetings Mats

#39: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:04 am
    —
little graphical error:

2nd highest british medal (SOMEDAL04) uses the image of the Distinguished Service Cross (United States) instead of the George Cross (UK).

SOMEDAL04.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  471.19 KB
 Viewed:  13248 Time(s)

SOMEDAL04.jpg

#40: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:05 am
    —
Great work Cathartes,

I would have to agree though that the mortars needs to be toned down.

In this game (CC engine) they are allowed to change targets at a 90 degree angle without any down time and be extremely accurate.
Hardly realistic but its all we have. Thus its a bit annoying to have them go from one shot with 5 kills to immediately switch to another target in a completely different direction
and rack up another 5 kills.

#41: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: ronsonLocation: England PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:39 pm
    —
buuface wrote (View Post):
I think it needs more HE shells. Its currently a very weak unit because of its impotence against infantry and the very slow turret speed.

To throw some light on this I attach the HE Ammunition scales from early 1944 for British AT units, out of interest I've also included the 6 and 17 pdr info too:-
6-pdr
up to 25%
1st line 96 rpg, all types

17-pdr
up to 5%
1st line 90 rpg, all types

3-in M10
up to 30%
1st line 90 rpg, all types

1st line scale includes the rounds actually with the guns (the F group of the troop) and those available for close supply within the unit (the T group of the troop), in the case of an M10 the rounds carried by the vehicle would be approx 50, with another 40 being with the trucks of the T group.

I hope this of help to you.

Cheers
Ronson

#42: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:16 pm
    —
Thanks for the comments, and pointing out graphical errors and other.

Regarding mortars: will wait for more comment. They are identical to LSA in killing power, but far less accurate. Again, mortars caused most of the British casualties in Normandy, but if the majority of players want them toned down, can do.

M10 HE rounds: Looked at the data and there are currently 30 HE rounds for the M10, along with 60 rounds of AP, so there is plenty of HE to deal with enemy infantry.  It might be that if a player reports running out of ammo after 1-2  rounds, then your battlegroup was out of supply for a turn or two?  Worth keeping an eye on since in the data, the HE is there (pretty  much as Ronson shows in his data).

Re 7.5cm PAK: pretty darn effective gun data-wise.  .  I think most of the time you will see this AT gun destroy Allied tanks in 1-2 rounds (Churchills would be a bit tougher to crack) unless the crew is under fire, suppressed, or suffering from low morale.  Again, switching an AT gun to "Defend" and putting a commander near it, and keeping it just behind a hedgerow will make it highly effective.

#43: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:25 am
    —
Gents
we had a CC exe error and crash, just like the old CC5 GJS. it happened at the end of the very 1st battle at merville in the H2H GC. we are both running the new LSA patch. were playing thru hamachi. it happened right near the end of the battle or it might have happened right when the 15 min timer ran out. i wasnt watching the timer.
we are playing with morale on, no inititive, after all VL's are taken, 2 min warning, 15 min timer and Line settings.
we both have our firewalls still on.

any ideas??

#44: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 am
    —
Quote:
any ideas??

Sadly, no.  May or may not be due to the new patch.  I haven't tested it myself, but Tejszd has reported a crash in GJS due to morale break after using the new patch.

#45: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:22 pm
    —
Regarding mortars: will wait for more comment. They are identical to LSA in killing power, but far less accurate. Again, mortars caused most of the British casualties in Normandy, but if the majority of players want them toned down, can do.

Hi Cathartes, I doubt there will be an avalanche of people supporting to nerf mortars. Why?  Because those I have played against almost without fail deploy 2 mortars each battle (specially when playing defence) which demonstrates just how powerful they are. Its almost impossible to even do quick dashes from building to building over short distances without getting clobbered by them.

Thus what you find happening is infantry are extremely difficult to move and there is often a stalemate as tanks can't see where the AT guns/tanks are hidden.

I played your CC5 GJS with modified mortar stats btw and found them to be far more realistic.

Its been documented that they seem to have caused the most casualties in Europe in WW2. NO argument.  My argument is they are able to perform "tactically" in this game way beyond what not only they could do back in 1944, but even today in terms of changing the direction and distance of the shot in a "nano second" and still shoot and land with some accuracy.

Lets for example say the Stuart caused 40% of all Germans tanks kills in 1944 (I know they didn't).  Something they will never achieve in this game. Should we then vastly and unrealistically increase the penetration of its gun to reflect the casualties it did historically???????

How many shots did a mortar on average have to fire to achieve a casualty in ww2?  Five, six........lets say 10 ( I think it will be at least this number).  Given the 30 round load it has that means it should cause 3 casualties in a battle on average.  Once a few battles have been played and the rust shaken off, the allied player just has to give up on any dashes with his infantry as he is awake to the 5 + man kills that occur otherwise.

Its your mod and I am in awe of the work you put into this. These are just my feelings. If mortars are left as is, its not  a biggie for me, as I'll just insist on a house rule of 1 mortar deployed for each battle by both sides.

#46: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:22 pm
    —
MarkM has got a point. Pretty easy to nullify any infantry attack, as currently an entire platoon can be taken out by the focused fire of 2 mortars even when the infantry are prone

PITF got mortars just about right imo; they were just as powerful but a 20 second aiming time each time a new target is designated made them less overpowered.

#47: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:48 pm
    —
well after playing a couple of battles H2H and altho we did have an exe crash....havent played again yet to see if that was a one off or not.....i think id have to agree with the lads here. the mortors are kinda nasty and i believe we should tone them down some more too.
i had a few squads taken out pretty quikly, so i can see where this is going to go  Cool

LSA we play with a house rule of 1 mortor per battle.........there just too stupid there [ gotta love matrix and there wisdom for not listening to a few hard core players AGAIN  Confused and not toning them down ]

my 2 cents gents

#48: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:26 am
    —
I've played about 4 days of the GC now, and i've yet to see any vehicle or tank damaged or immobilised by artillery or mortar support.. I would have thought particularly open-top vehicles would be at least slightly vulnerable to bombardments

#49: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 am
    —
True- my open top german assualt guns (3 pieces) were under naval support and NOTHING happen. Also my car was nearby and nothing happened. Naval support is infantry killer, true, but vehicles seems to be quite strong

#50: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:40 pm
    —
we played 5 or 6 more battles in our GC last nite and no CCE EXE crash's. HMMMMMMM?
interesting..... Confused

#51: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:12 pm
    —
Re Mortars:  I'm listening.

Re exe crashes:  keep me posted.

Quote:
I've played about 4 days of the GC now, and i've yet to see any vehicle or tank damaged or immobilised by artillery or mortar support.. I would have thought particularly open-top vehicles would be at least slightly vulnerable to bombardments

Quote:
True- my open top german assualt guns (3 pieces) were under naval support and NOTHING happen. Also my car was nearby and nothing happened. Naval support is infantry killer, true, but vehicles seems to be quite strong

Odd, I've changed nothing on naval bombardment (Arty from LSA) that would lead to this (that I recall). Did it happen much in LSA?  Please keep me posted.

#52: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:27 pm
    —
well i do no in LSA that the arty is devastating to inf and a/t guns.

i dont no about opened topped vehicles yet. arty vs tanks....in the few instances ive seen it so far ...seems to me that the tank usually comes out ok... for sure i dont recall any tanks being knocked out by arty.

i do no for certain that mortors in LSA will track / imobliize  a H/T or A/C and thats enough in most cases that the vehicle will not come back next battle.

dont no if this helps...i will keep u infromed as my LSA GC progress's and my GJS LSA GC progress's too.

#53: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:22 am
    —
Re the naval bombards they take out guns no problem what so ever I have found. Cannot comment too much re vehicles, but at the end of the day,
I am happy for them to take out the guns and be somewhat weak vs vehicles. The one time I hit a Marder with it the result was an immobolisation.

I find that there are always guns to target so its not a biggie for me.

Wow, support for nefing mortars....lol....well I never..lol.  Like I said you could leave it as is and restrict it to one per battle only.

Okay re the crashes, what I can say is that I experienced an end of battle crash as well "once", in fact it was the first battle of the GC against the AI.

I haven't played a lot, but no more crashes since, and it was against the AI.

I have a feeling it will not be a regular occurrence and tracking down the cause would most likely be a case wishful thinking.

Nice to see the CC community active again with the release of some fantastic mods.

#54: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:05 am
    —
the last 2 nites now that me and my opponent have played GJS -LSA my opponent, im the host, has not been able to see any of my BG's on the strat when we start to play the GC.
hes german, and im allied [ the host ]
once we play a battle, were all good, he can see my BG's on the strat again.

the battles that we started on for the GC, were sword beach 1 nite and gold beach tonite.
will keep u all posted if it happens each time or not.

#55: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 pm
    —
Quote:
the last 2 nites now that me and my opponent have played GJS -LSA my opponent, im the host, has not been able to see any of my BG's on the strat when we start to play the GC.
hes german, and im allied [ the host ]
once we play a battle, were all good, he can see my BG's on the strat again.

Unofortunately has happened in LSA as well, and is an odd bug.  It comes and goes. I've seen it myself, and it always resolves after a battle.

#56: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:43 pm
    —
thats right too.....Duh....i have seen that in LSA as well. i just didnt remember. yes, good thing it resolves itself.

great mod so far cathartes! just starting the second day....going to clash with the 21 pz in the next couple of battles  Cool  the 1st beach maps were tough but not too tough. got thru some beach maps on the 1st day and into a couple of the second maps.
the bunkers are ..well...indestructible, and have to be basically assualted with inf, which one should expect i think Smile its a bit diff so far from the old GJS....i like it.  Very Happy

#57: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:35 am
    —
This happend on the Ouistreham map...my Commandos reached the bunker when the Atomic bomb exploded and keep going on for minutes untill i stoped the the game..

There was a destoyed smoking German AA-gun at that place where the explosion started...

Cheers Mats

Ouistreham.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  149.79 KB
 Viewed:  13119 Time(s)

Ouistreham.jpg

#58: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:15 pm
    —
Quote:
This happend on the Ouistreham map...my Commandos reached the bunker when the Atomic bomb exploded and keep going on for minutes untill i stoped the the game..

Truly bizarre. I checked the map coding and all is well there. Seems like it may be some strange graphics loop issue. I've never experienced, nor heard of that one before.

#59: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:32 pm
    —
I agree, never seen that huge one i CC before Very Happy  I will play on and see what happens  Wink

Cheers Mats

#60: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:01 am
    —
Lol..well that is definitely a first. Never seen such an event.

Pity the game had to be cancelled to resolve though.

There is only one thing worse than having to play the same battle again..... actually there isn't a worse thing!!!

#61: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mjunod PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:32 pm
    —
I had a strange bug on that same map, maybe just a CC bug though.  One of the ge Kwk50's would keep firing very very quickly, and did not seem to run out of ammunition.  Not sure if it was actually firing (didn't want to run a team in front of it to find out).  It stopped when it turned to reengage another target.  Shocked

Also, another suggestion on the mortars.  Right now, the german 8cm can be assigned to infantry or support platoons, it probably should be like the brit 3 inch and limited to support platoon only.

#62: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: nikin PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:33 pm
    —
Friends if you borrow something, you can do it straight arms?
For example Churchill Crocodile. Turns out he was armed with M3 gun.
It really is a fantastic mod.

#63: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 am
    —
Quote:
Right now, the german 8cm can be assigned to infantry or support platoons, it probably should be like the brit 3 inch and limited to support platoon only.
Would be a good idea to keep them consistent across the board.  Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
Friends if you borrow something, you can do it straight arms?
For example Churchill Crocodile. Turns out he was armed with M3 gun.
It really is a fantastic mod.

Thanks for the comments.  Not sure I understand your first question.  You are correct about the Croc, it should have the OQF 75mm vs the 75mm M3.  Good catch!

#64: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:36 pm
    —
We played today and I found out that an assualt gun, 10.5 le FH 18 and others, are very very weak. They shot 2-3m away from a gun, several times, there was a huge blast, but nothing happend. Guys around 10m from the hit should be instantly killed, be it a gun or infantry.
Same thing with engineers throwig C4 - there is a huge explosion and basically nothing happens.

I rememebr in stock CC5 the Avre Tank was able to knock out a tank when he hit nearby. Maybe thats too much but what we have now I consider is way to weak.

However, I checked the data (txt files) and it looks more or less OK in numbers. It has higher numbers then mortar, but works worse. Can someone explain it to me?

I think such gun should be devastating!

#65: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:29 am
    —
Weapon pit's or trenches (made by the defender) on the edge of maps have snow camo, anywhere else on the map they are fine.

trench snow camo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.43 KB
 Viewed:  12945 Time(s)

trench snow camo.jpg

#66: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Kojusoki PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:39 am
    —
can somewone send me data files from CC WAR? Explosions there were werey reaslitic (deadly) so i would like to comapre it with what we got here. The whole DATA folder please

#67: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: nikin PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:47 pm
    —
no comments

2013-07-07 17 40 46.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.62 KB
 Viewed:  12860 Time(s)

2013-07-07 17 40 46.jpg

#68: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:32 am
    —
Nikn: please comment, I'm not clear what you're saying with one picture.

Aetius:  don't know about the trench--that's a new one.  I didn't change the order of the terrain file at all.  I wonder if this ever happened in LSA?  The solution here is for me to get rid of this graphic in the terrain file, or it's a mistake in the elements file.

Kojusoki:  Feel free to play around with the data as you like, but know that the way a blast is applied over distance works differently than in past version of CC. Terrain/element cover is calculated differently as well.  I modeled the 105mm guns roughly after the artillery strike values (and LSA values for same gun), but it appears it's not high enough.  If you find a solution let me know, otherwise I can mess with it when I have some time.

#69: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: nikin PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:03 am
    —
Nikn: please comment, I'm not clear what you're saying with one picture.

The number of soldiers does not match the icon.

And PzIIIN gun.

2013-07-08 09 08 43.jpg
 Description:
Pz IIIN
 Filesize:  36.04 KB
 Viewed:  12816 Time(s)

2013-07-08 09 08 43.jpg

#70: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:21 pm
    —
Quote:
The number of soldiers does not match the icon.

And PzIIIN gun.

Yes, they didn't always match in LSA either.  They are meant to be a general representation.

Regarding the PzIIIN gun, thanks for pointing out the gadgets don't match.  It is actually a short-barreled PzIIIN, but never got around to fixing the screen gadget.  Will note for future update.

#71: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:03 am
    —
a question cathartes or anyone....the allied independant armoured BDE's...they need to be stacked with another BG. whats the best way to do that...as the RESERVE BG or the ATTACKing BG???
how do you get the most slots availible for the armoured support?

also...based on the fact that LSA was meant to be played with Morale ON, because of the major repercussions of Disbanding BG's that would never come back...is GJS LSA to be played with the morale ON or OFF???

a few observations......

i had a german assualt gun, 10.5 le FH 18 ..massacare 4 of my inf teams ...the explosions were killing men 100 yds away from the explosions...i couldnt believe it. not sure why im seeing that and others are seeing it as inaffective???? wierd. id say its way too powerfull.

the M10 turret rotation is painfull....surely it could not have been that slow in reality?? i vote we speed it up. its awefull.

tanks and guns still cant hit the broad side of a barn ...literally....this was a problem in LSA too. is there anything we can do about that??

german inf fire power is stll overwelming........the MG 42 is devastating..as it should be ..but the allied bren still doesnt seem to have any hitting power. id like to see it beefed up a bit.
ive had mulitple squads and even tanks shooting at german inf in buildings and get little or no kills, but have had an MG 42 cut my squads to bits in the reverse roll. :(

great mod so far cathartes !!!

#72: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:06 am
    —
I agree with Steiner that the German assault guns are easily powerful enough. There's also many more of them than in GJS4.xx. But they're inaccurate so they need to get up close to be effective. If they're not taking out at-guns properly that could be to do with the armor of the at-gun or the type of damage they do? If their shells are based on artillery support, we've established that these are currently ineffective against armored targets.

Half-tracks and open-top vehicles are much tougher against small arms fire and mortars than previous versions. Considering that inf units have such a hard time assaulting vehicles in LSA, maybe this should be altered slightly.

I also think hes right about the M10 being a bit too slow to rotate its turret but i perhaps it has a faster ROF than most German tanks which means if its correctly positioned beforehand it has the advantage in most duels. Not much good on the attack though.

Cathartes do you have an overall estimate of the total number of tanks for both sides including reinforcements?

Regarding mortars, I think limiting the German 8cm to support platoons only might solve the problem with them being overpowered, as the German player will often have to sacrifice an AFV or other important support unit in order to take mortars, which are only highly effective in pairs.

#73: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 am
    —
Quote:
I agree with Steiner that the German assault guns are easily powerful enough.

You two and Kojosuki have two different views, but will at least look at them again.

Quote:
Half-tracks and open-top vehicles are much tougher against small arms fire and mortars than previous versions

Agree and think that heavy German MGs should take them down at close range.  Can revisit.

Quote:
I also think hes right about the M10 being a bit too slow to rotate its turret

I think you and Stiener are right, they are impossible to work with being as slow as they are.  Can speed them up a notch or two.

Quote:
do you have an overall estimate of the total number of tanks for both sides including reinforcements?

I don't. I just spit-balled the balance figuring the Allies would have a very comfortable lead with their ability to reinforce Ind. Arm. Bde.s.

Quote:
Regarding mortars, I think limiting the German 8cm to support platoons only might solve the problem with them being overpowered, as the German player will often have to sacrifice an AFV or other important support unit in order to take mortars, which are only highly effective in pairs.
 Need to look at that, probably you are right.

Quote:
tanks and guns still cant hit the broad side of a barn ...literally....this was a problem in LSA too. is there anything we can do about that??

not sure what your specific context is. You know how CC is.  If anything heavy guns are a bit more accurate in GJS-LSA, but the difference is with LSA is that experience and morale play a bigger influence than previous CC versions.

Quote:
is GJS LSA to be played with the morale ON or OFF???

entirely players' preference.  Recommend shorter battles if morale is off, longer if morale is on.  Allies have a better chance of getting off the beach quickly if morale is off and you have medium-long battles.

Quote:
the allied independant armoured BDE's...they need to be stacked with another BG. whats the best way to do that...as the RESERVE BG or the ATTACKing BG???   how do you get the most slots availible for the armoured support

depends on points available in stacked BGs and type of BGs combined. I've seen up to eight tanks or so creatively purchased between two BGs.  Points available to a single attacking BG play a big role, but I did my best to not let a player pack in the tanks every time.

#74: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:22 am
    —
Hi Cathartes thanks for your response.

Overall your re-coding of all the maps has been a great success, however i've encountered a couple of mistakes so far and thought i should let you know so maybe you can fix them in the next patch

Benoville

Where the red circle is, I think there should rise in the terrain as there was in GJS4xx. But now this ground is flat at 3m.

Cruelly

Where I've drawn the red arrows, vehicles of any kind are not able to pass, though visually there is a gap in the hedgerow where the terrain type is just 'grass field' or 'dirt road'. This map in general seems particularly bad for AFVs, which get stuck or immobilized frighteningly often compared to others maps with similar terrain.

The other new maps you've added are fantastic, especially Tailville and Leibsey woods Smile

#75: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: nikin PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:05 am
    —
buuface wrote (View Post):
The other new maps you've added are fantastic, especially Tailville and Leibsey woods Smile

I was interested in only maps to this mod. But watched a few maps:
1) New Leibsey
maximum allowable size (4800x4800 pix - in 1,77 times more biggest maps before) + woods + high grass + hedgerrows + small soldiers
This is a map soon to play hide and seek.
2) Recoded Caen and Ranville example:
Caen - house divided into wood and stone (according to interior graphics);
Ranville - almost all houses have now become stone;
3) Tailville. This map style and size of buildings does not correspond to other maps.

Last edited by nikin on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total

2013-07-13 09 39 08.jpg
 Description:
New Baeux
 Filesize:  552.13 KB
 Viewed:  12608 Time(s)

2013-07-13 09 39 08.jpg

2013-07-13 09 55 10.jpg
 Description:
deja vu
 Filesize:  320.74 KB
 Viewed:  12608 Time(s)

2013-07-13 09 55 10.jpg

#76: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: nikin PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:16 am
    —
For maps encoding should immediately take your hands.
On many maps have Tall wall and Stone wall.
Firstly it is the same thing.
Second through this element can drive tanks (see image).
Third after moving tanks this elements not crushed. But it is well burning!

In the fourth look Bayeux. The selected area should be available for the tanks (so they can move walls). But there is an element - a courtyard. And so the tanks can not be there.

2013-07-13 14 35 52.jpg
 Description:
New Baeux
 Filesize:  541.61 KB
 Viewed:  12525 Time(s)

2013-07-13 14 35 52.jpg

#77: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:02 pm
    —
I think Cathartes coded the courtyard on purpose so infantry must be used to take the cathedrel

#78: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:20 pm
    —
Quote:
I was interested in only maps to this mod. But watched a few maps:
1) New Leibsey
maximum allowable size (4800x4800 pix - in 1,77 times more biggest maps before) + woods + high grass + hedgerrows + small soldiers
This is a map soon to play hide and seek.

I enjoy large maps once in a while, not everyone does and that's fine.

Quote:
2) Recoded Caen and Ranville example:
Caen - house divided into wood and stone (according to interior graphics);

Tried to be consistent with what the floor was showing in the interior graphic. Maps were wildly inconsistent before. If I had to do it all over, every elevated floor would be a wood floor.

Quote:
Ranville - almost all houses have now become stone;

Yep. Mostly stone walls by design. Give better cover and protection. Attacking has to make you smart otherwise it's costly. Not everyone will agree, and that's fine.

Quote:
3) Tailville. This map style and size of buildings does not correspond to other maps.
 Many maps are this way.  I didn't have time to make all new maps.

#79: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:06 pm
    —
Quote:
For maps encoding should immediately take your hands.
On many maps have Tall wall and Stone wall.
Firstly it is the same thing.

Actually, it's not, but I'm responsible for the confusion anyway.

Tall wall is a tall, exterior wall, basically a tall stone fence.  Somehow I changed stone fence to stone wall in the elements so that element looks the same as the building walls, but it is in fact a stone fence in how it behaves. Countless maps used to be coded with stone fences the same as building stone walls.  I may have missed some of this from the older maps, but don't think I did in the case of Bayeux.  So, the coding is as intended but the element name is not and leads to the confusion. Will fix.

Quote:
Second through this element can drive tanks (see image).
Third after moving tanks this elements not crushed. But it is well burning!

Yep, can't be fixed.  It's an issue with the coding.  Only stone fences and stone walls (the original kind) can be crushed to rock rubble. Other element don't crush properly and it's a known bug with LSA and some previous versions of CC.

Quote:
In the fourth look Bayeux. The selected area should be available for the tanks (so they can move walls). But there is an element - a courtyard. And so the tanks can not be there.
I did this on purpose.  Some areas tanks/vehicles are not allowed for various reasons like pathfinding, tactical challenges, etc.  If you all don't like it, I can change it back.

#80: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:46 am
    —
thanks for the reply Cathartes......

couple of questions about the allied independant tank BDE's.....

you allude to the fact that the independant tank BDE's get reinforcements. can you explain in a little detail how and when that happens please :)

as in my last post...trying to figure out which way you would stack the independant tank BDE's to get the biggest bang for your buck....yes its about trying to get the most tanks out the attacking BG...the whole point of having the independant tank BDE in the stack, obviously, but, if you stack it the wrong way, you get perhaps only 2 or 3 tanks from the  independant tank BDE in the attacking BG because its related to how many slots are in each stacked BG? is it not? all the independant tank BDE's are diff slot sizes from what ive seen.
so in your experience with the game...if you stack an independant tank BDE with a 15 slot inf BG, do you have the independant tank BDE as the attacking BG or the reserve BG??

Morale.......i see what your saying about morale being ON or OFF, but...with morale OFF i believe you will see BG"s get disbanded and not come back even if they had a map to retreat to. i saw that happen in stock LSA, thats why they say to have morale on in LSA.
with morale OFF i believe what happens is when u totally destroy all the squads on a map, the game ends and the PC see's this as losing all the VL's as well and it disbands the BG because the PC see's this as now having no VL to retreat out of the map on. disbanded BG's do not come back.

observation.....

having the allied Vickers MMG as a support weapon pick really limits the allied fire power. the allies cant compete with the german inf fire power as it is... and bren doesnt seem to cut it.
i would like to see the vickers MMG be able to be picked into the inf slots NOT the support slots.
you opinions gentlemen........

#81: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:30 am
    —
Agreed about the MMG.

Regarding disbanded groups not returning. I can't confirm yet whether that happens or not. If it does that's a very serious bug.

I believe the mod should be played with Morale off because the allied attack depends on momentum, getting off the beaches and getting as far inland as possible before Gerry stabilizes the front-line with his elite troops. Allies must maintain the strategic initiative.

If morale is on, Gerry can simply sacrifice a portion of his troops and cause the battle to end early. Using this tactic could delay the allies at least once maybe more on each map where a static group exits.

#82: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:05 pm
    —
i agree about momentum....im on the wrong end of that stick right now. im playing with morale ON.
you can get delayed a turn or 2 by morale failure easy, and thats not even with your opponent master minding it.  Crying or Very sad

i dont think disbanding is a bug. see section 15.4... pg 49... morale failure, section 17.7 retreat and 17.8 disbanding.. pg 57 in the LSA game manual.

Cathartes...can you shed some light on this?

#83: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:24 pm
    —
Quote:
you allude to the fact that the independant tank BDE's get reinforcements. can you explain in a little detail how and when that happens please Smile

The reinforce button should show up in the BG screen after a few turns or less. If it never shows up, something is up. I never confirmed that you could actually "reinforce" in LSA. Assumed you could, will have to check into it if you don't see it.

Quote:
so in your experience with the game...if you stack an independant tank BDE with a 15 slot inf BG, do you have the independant tank BDE as the attacking BG or the reserve BG??
You may end up with more slots with a 15 unit BG leading the attack. You may end up with more tanks if you lead with the Ind. Arm. Bde, unless the 15 unit BG paired with it is an Armoured BG, in which case you can probably muster a lot of tanks. Frankly, it's been a while since I worked on this, so I'm not completely certain.

Quote:
...with morale OFF i believe you will see BG"s get disbanded and not come back even if they had a map to retreat to. i saw that happen in stock LSA, thats why they say to have morale on in LSA. with morale OFF i believe what happens is when u totally destroy all the squads on a map, the game ends and the PC see's this as losing all the VL's as well and it disbands the BG because the PC see's this as now having no VL to retreat out of the map on. disbanded BG's do not come back.
The campaign setting currently disbands groups permanently (not a bug, just an oversight), but this needs to be changed so they do recycle after a day (at 75% strength).  Will be in next update or you can do it yourself in the campaign file.  Yes, if morale is off and you capture all VLs, the BG disbands.

Quote:
I believe the mod should be played with Morale off because the allied attack depends on momentum, getting off the beaches and getting as far inland as possible before Gerry stabilizes the front-line with his elite troops. Allies must maintain the strategic initiative.
 Or you go with morale "on" and you focus on seizing one or two exit VLs at all costs--avoiding enemy static units and conflict if possible. You can keep moving and bring in another BG to do the mop-up. However, you will face a BG temp. out of supply if you can move it off.

#84: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm
    —
thanks for the reply Cathartes  Smile

im 99% sure that in LSA you CANNOT reinforce using the reinforce button. i havent seen any reinforce button in the 2 or 3 GC's i have going on in LSA. so unless u actually put the reinforce button in on the allied Ind Arm Bde's in your mod, i think were SOL .....so to speak.
i would recommend you look into it if you have the chance tho Cool i might be wrong, but i dont think so.

i am under the impression that in LSA reinforcments are built into the BG"s time line....if your in supply, you get reinforcements based on a historical time line for the historical GC.
just like the allied BG's that hit the beachs in your mod ...on day 2 they get men and equipment as reinforcements to there force pool.

i know for sure the german BG's got more equipment and men and slots in some cases, as the stock LSA GC progressed.

what about the Vickers MMG Cathartes? would you agree we could have that availible in the infantry slots and not the support slots?  Cool

#85: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:22 am
    —
Ouch.....need to confirm asap about reinforce button...without it, GC is unplayable.

I agree tanks are having a hard time hitting things, including the proverbial side of a barn.
I hear your response to this as being experience related. But it sure makes life harder for the allies who cannot advance
without their tanks taking out the German Inf.

Making this even worse is the game engine difficulty in spotting the enemy troops. Making life even harder for the allies.

Also, please check the German SPG, I think its the 105 mm. The German MK4 and the Sherman have approximately same Rate of Fire,
it appears to me, but when the 105 shoots it looks to reload much faster than both of those.

Great work and appreciate that  this is a beta and there will be inevitable bugs.

#86: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:01 am
    —
i had a crash tonite when i had my airstrike hit bayeux in a battle. allied air strike. im host. 1st one ive seen.

#87: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Aetius PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:08 am
    —
[quote="Cathartes";p="70092"]Nikn: please comment, I'm not clear what you're saying with one picture.

Aetius:  don't know about the trench--that's a new one.  I didn't change the order of the terrain file at all.  I wonder if this ever happened in LSA?  The solution here is for me to get rid of this graphic in the terrain file, or it's a mistake in the elements file.

Hi Cathartes,
I did a quick test in stock LSA and the gunpits and trenches both have a white edge, the weird thing is that this only happens on the border of maps, gunpits or trenches anywhere else on the map are OK.

Another ting i've noticed is that even with the "Recycle Disbanded BGs" on 1 and "BGs retreat on rout" on 1 it seems they are not returning the next day.
I would suspect with these 2 parameters on 1 that routed BG's are retreating to the nearest map in frendly hands when in supply.

In the campaign file i found another parameter who also might have something to do with this behaviour:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean if the start map of that BG is in enemy hands it can't reform after being routed?

#88: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: KilovskimkIII PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:06 pm
    —
This might have been flagged already. On the Tailleville map, the Humber SC team of the 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade, on the soldier screen for the crew, they have German uniforms!

#89: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:17 pm
    —
Quote:
This might have been flagged already. On the Tailleville map, the Humber SC team of the 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade, on the soldier screen for the crew, they have German uniforms!

Infiltrators! We'll deal with them. Good catch.

Quote:
I did a quick test in stock LSA and the gunpits and trenches both have a white edge, the weird thing is that this only happens on the border of maps, gunpits or trenches anywhere else on the map are OK.

seems like a LSA bug

Quote:
Another ting i've noticed is that even with the "Recycle Disbanded BGs" on 1 and "BGs retreat on rout" on 1 it seems they are not returning the next day.
I would suspect with these 2 parameters on 1 that routed BG's are retreating to the nearest map in frendly hands when in supply.
 Will check into it, but last I looked BGs were retreating to friendly connected map just fine. Don't know about disbanded BGs for certain, but recall that they also returned (except static of course). Could be wrong.

Quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# BGs that start on a friendly depot map can only reform on maps linked to starting map by friendly depots
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean if the start map of that BG is in enemy hands it can't reform after being routed?

Think it means it will enter on the nearest friendly, connected supply depot map if the map is blocked by enemy or friendly units.

#90: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:35 pm
    —
I am now nearing the end of a singelplayer GC as allies and i had expected to fight the retreated German BG's on the german supply depot maps at the start of each new day, they did't appear. ("Recycle Disbanded BGs" on 1 and "BGs retreat on rout" on 1).
Then i "switched sides" and started playing as the germans on the same GC (using the save game editor tool), on the start of a new day no previously routed german BG's appeared.

Am i the only one who sees this behaviour?

#91: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:31 am
    —
Hi Aetius,

Can you confirm if the reinforce option becomes available to the allies?

#92: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:22 pm
    —
Hi MarkM,

The reinforce button mentioned earlier doesn't show but i think reinforcements become available in the FP of a BG if certain conditions are met.
But i can't cofirm that with facts.

#93: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:31 pm
    —
Looked at bgroups.txt and very few BG's have the reinforcement option enabled.

And even for these keep in mind that the button will only appear if reinforcement adds new units or increases the quantity of existing units.

#94: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 am
    —
Gents
i am 3 days into the H2H GC as allies. i have not at this point seen the reinforce button on any allied BG's. but i have seen just about all my allied BG's get reinforcments to there forcepools. not the independant arm BDE's and not the special service BDE but all the rest of the BG's i believe.

so if we dont have the reinforce button Cathartes, do the allies get more reinforcements late in the GC as the GC progress's? or is this now, it?

im assuming that the germans dont get any reinforcments for the forcepools except for the some in 21 pz BG's that Cathartes alludes to in the read me file?? can anyone confirm this?

I sure am enjoying this mod Cathartes...very cool. with morale on..the germans are damn tough to push back. i think i would try the GC with morale off next time, but still not sure about what overall effects on the GC Disbanding will have. see earlier post on this.

#95: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:35 pm
    —
Glad you're enjoying the campaign (H2H I might add, as it was intended).

As the campaign is designed right now, the only Allied BGs that get the reinforce option/button are the Independent Armored Brigades.  Reinforcements trickle in for some Allied BGs, but otherwise, what you get is what you get.  The Germans are outnumbered overall, so thought this might be a bit more balanced approach for both players.  Your campaign could prove me wrong.  Germans get no reinforcements except for a few early BGs whose forces build up over a course of a few days.  I think a few tanks trickle in for the Germans as well (maybe a dozen total for all BGs?--can't remember exactly).

The next version of GJS will have the option for disbanded BGs to return the next day.  Let me know if BGs can't retreat onto a friendly map where they have an existing connection leading to.

#96: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:10 pm
    —
hi cathartes
i have seen a couple of german BG's retreat to a friendly map after a morale defeat.

#97: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Granfali PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:31 pm
    —
Argggg!!! 00:00 bug again.  Twisted Evil

Two times during the last two days. Too much for us... campaign is over. I thought with LSA that old bug was gone but I see I was wrong!!!

#98: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: KilovskimkIII PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:00 pm
    —
Problem with Ranville map in GC.
Hi,
Someone else might have brought this up already..... I'm playing a Grand Campaign as the Allies. Allies at Elite level and Germans at Recruit, Germans always obey orders box ticked. 15 minutes per battle. Fighting a battle on the Ranville map. 10th of June @7am. Fighting with 5th Para BDE/6th AB against II./125 21. Panzerdivison. The Game freezes, can't do anything about it.  Crying or Very sad

#99: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:12 am
    —
Quote:
Someone else might have brought this up already..... I'm playing a Grand Campaign as the Allies. Allies at Elite level and Germans at Recruit, Germans always obey orders box ticked. 15 minutes per battle. Fighting a battle on the Ranville map. 10th of June @7am. Fighting with 5th Para BDE/6th AB against II./125 21. Panzerdivison. The Game freezes, can't do anything about it

Sorry you're having a problem, but don't know what is going on.  I tried playing a game with both battlegroups on Ranville and can't seem to repeat the issue.  You might ask on the LSA/Matrix website, but don't know if Steve can help you there or not, though it's worth a shot if you ask in the tech support forum.

#100: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:15 am
    —
Granfali wrote (View Post):

Two times during the last two days. Too much for us... campaign is over. I thought with LSA that old bug was gone but I see I was wrong!!!

Wish I knew how to fix that one, seen it in every version of CC since CC5... sooner or later.

#101: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Stwa PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:12 am
    —
Yea that is too bad.

I wonder if that is why they put a NO Time Limit option into CCM. It is the only thing that squashes this bug.  Laughing

#102: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 am
    —
Granfali wrote (View Post):

Wish I knew how to fix that one, seen it in every version of CC since CC5... sooner or later.

Yes ive had it a few times but it usually seems to save the game on either host or client side. Definely not as frequent as in CC5 too

#103: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Granfali PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:52 pm
    —
It is quite strange because in our H2H campaign (GJS-LSA) nothing was saved (both times bug appeared), but the other day, playing against AI (Road to Caen-TLD) game was finally saved before crash.

I thought that 00:00 bug dissapeared with the new remakes: CoI-WaR-TLD and LSA.

#104: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:52 pm
    —
The crashes occur less often but unfortunately have not been eliminated....

#105: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:37 pm
    —
we have had the CCE exe crash twice now at ranvulle, about 6 mins into the 15 min game. any ideas?

#106: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:42 pm
    —
Is any one having the 00:00 crash on stock games?

#107: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Granfali PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:50 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):

I have seen only with instaled mods (GJS-LSA and Road to Caen-TLD), never in vanilla version. Do you refer to that?

#108: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:53 pm
    —
ive been playing alot of LSA and i have not seen any 00:00 crashs. i have seen two CCE exe crashes in ranville at about 6 mins into the 15 min game.

#109: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:20 pm
    —
Quote:
we have had the CCE exe crash twice now at ranvulle, about 6 mins into the 15 min game. any ideas?

Next time you play on Ranville take detailed note of the units on both sides.  No idea why this is happening, but it might be tied to a specific unit.  PM me with the list and specific circumstances if it happens again, I'll see what I can find out.

#110: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:04 am
    —
cathartes.......i think i figured out what is causing the ranville CCE exe crash. i did as u asked, sort of, ...i thought about what was different as far as equipment goes in my allied BG, that was not in the active roster before the battle started to crash.

its the tetrach howitzer tank !  i took it out of the mix this battle and the batttle did NOT crash.
can you look into it please? :)

thanks

#111: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:40 pm
    —
schrecken wrote (View Post):

would be NO problems in WAR,TLD Andrew......

Could be the problem timeline 00:00 in the CAMPAIGN.TXT????

#112: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: nikin PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:26 pm
    —
It all depends on the connection.
In TLD BFC appeared 00.00 crash, flametrower crash and airstrike crash (rare and specific conditions, such as gameranger + bad connection). Same direct connection not good in some cases (possible flametrower crash).
Not seen truce crash and frozen.
Crash in the middle of the battle may be associated with flametrower.
H2H fights better finish using truce.

Cheers, nikin

#113: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 am
    —
I just installed this mod... and instantly had some flashbacks from a few years ago...... nice work!!!!!
I'm playing single player GC at this moment (Just to try out)

At Courseulles sur mer map (day 2 turn 1), the allies started around the "to moke green sector" VL, they come not out of the sea. (I think this happened also in the original mod).

Also a small thing about the allied start om Juno beach... I think it would be better if the allies could use the whole beach to start on this map

#114: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:57 am
    —
it needs an update when you have time Cathartes.

Tigercub

Last edited by tigercub on Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

#115: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:33 pm
    —
im 40% into a GC in LSA GJS......GREAT MOD  Very Happy but it needs a wee bit of tweaking. im playing allied, but ive looked at most german BG's in the game.
here are my thoughts Cathartes.....

the ranvile CCE EXE crash with the 6/6 AB is the tetrach howitzer.

the allies seem to be out gunned in line vs line, due to a few factors or things that could be changed.
my next GC ill play the germans on vet or elite and the allies on line and see if that helps out a bit.

1] the allied vickers MMG and the 3 inch mortor need to be taken out of the support only slots and be able to be picked in the inf slots. this will give them a bit more fire power. this is a must Cathartes IMHO, as it is you will always pick a tank over the MMG etc etc. the german inf is nasty as usual and the MG 42 is king. the bren still doesnt have the hitting power or the penitration it seems.
squad for squad the alles will be always out gunned by the germans.

2] the ammo load for the bren and vickers needs to be larger. the germans can fire all turn with both the LMG and the HMG and the bren and vickers run out on a regular basis. increasing the bren and vickers ammo load isnt out of the realm of historically accurate IMO.
3] german a/t guns seem to be harder to spot than allied a/t guns. dont no why, but ive not been able to see, for example, a flak 88 [ as big as a damn house ] in the middle of the road shooting at me until after im dead.
4] the allies are terribly short of inf a/t capibility's. is it possible to arm all the inf squads with gammon bombs, not just the para's??

havent hit much with the piat, they dont hide well for some reason.

5] the canadian BG's should have a far higher morale than they do. the germans had a very hard time fighting them and always praised there fighting capability's.
6] the green rifle squads need to have a higher morale. the allied inf at normandy including the replacements were very well trained. some ..not all may not have had much battle experience but they were all good troops. as it is now the green rifle squads get cut to bits every time.
7] oh ya...german 105 and 150 assault guns need to be toned down. very un realistic. see posts above.
8] can anything be done about the exploding fences at merville?? inf is cut to bits moving around that map.....its ridiculous.
9] the allies really need more heavy arty support than what is given right now IMHO. at least double. the allies always had tons of arty support, and its not reflected right now.

the planes are a waste of time. ive dropped tons of bombs and never knocked out a single thing yet.... and yes it is the typhoon im talking about.

10] oh ya.....the M10 TD needs to have the turret rotation sped up...this a must too Cathartes. the M10 is painfull and almost use less in any kind of a fight, and the M10 17 PDR's are really needed to even some of the cat odds.

11] the canadian BG's seem to lack points to buy troops and equipment, compared to all the other allied BG's. any one else seeing this?
12] based on how many panthers there are in the mod the allied Ind tank BDE's seem to be a wee bit short on Fire Flys IMO. i no your only supposed to have 1 FF for every 4 shermans but considering the amounts of cats in the game and no reinforcement button i think we could sweeten the pot a bit.

if nothing else is changed...numbers 1, 7, 9 and 10 need to be changed for sure IMO.

again, GREAT MOD Cathartes. your thought on the above??  Smile

thanks
RD Steiner

Last edited by stiener on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

#116: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:23 am
    —
Agree with all Steiner's points.

Also, please bring back Allied assault teams !

#117: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:48 pm
    —
oh ya.....KG Von Luck needs to be held back 1 turn so the 6/6 AB at ranville have a chance to deploy. other wise von luck can show up at the same time as 6/6 AB in ranville and over run the small AB deploy area with his tanks and game over.....

#118: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:45 pm
    —
Good job Steiner.

Man you are one dedicated fan of CC.

Hope when I finally get decent internet we can hook up for  a bash.

#119: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:00 pm
    —
Hi Mark  Very Happy  yes ive always liked CC and i really llike the options in LSA. really miss those options in PITF. when you get a good connection drop me a line and we'll get something started bro. good to hear from you.

i hope Cathartes is out there some where listening too......he seems to have dropped out of the picture?? this mod can be almost perfect with a few adjustments IMHO. hope he comes back and makes the imporvments.
rumour is he's helping Matrix on the next CC installment........battle for Caen???

#120: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 am
    —
Stiener,

Cathartes is obviously very busy with a new release but most of the points you mentioned will take you less than half an hour to change with LSA workbook.
I bet Mark can help you as AFAIK he has an experience in CC data tweaking.

#121: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: BlackDog PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:39 am
    —
That`s good to know but I hoped Cathartes  would put his considerable ability toward a fully AI compatible version of LSA GJS to match CC5 GJS.

Dima wrote (View Post):
Stiener,

Cathartes is obviously very busy with a new release but most of the points you mentioned will take you less than half an hour to change with LSA workbook.

#122: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:47 am
    —
Quote:
That`s good to know but I hoped Cathartes  would put his considerable ability toward a fully AI compatible version of LSA GJS to match CC5 GJS.

haha, CC5 AI is way worse than LSA AI AFAIK.
and btw nothing that Stiener mentioned affects AI behaviour.

#123: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:38 am
    —
Dima wrote (View Post):
Stiener,

Close Dima, but its actually Von (aka tigercub) who is the editing expert.

I believe he has already tweaked some of the vehicle/gun stats so I'll see if he is up to making these changes.

But I think he is more familiar with stats than actually editing the numbers etc.

Mark

#124: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:34 pm
    —
Hi All,
I'll see if I can whip up an update including most of the suggestions mentioned above and some other fixes.  Sometime in the next couple of weeks.
-Cathartes

#125: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: MarkM PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:30 am
    —
Cheers Cathartes. Appreciate there are a lot of demands on your time right now.

Mark

#126: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: buufaceLocation: Thailand PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:35 am
    —
Hi Cathartes

Thanks  for staying in touch.

Can i request also that if you release a patch for the mod, that you can confirm disbanded BG's do re-spawn at a supply depot?

In a H2H GC Allies are basically guaranteed to have quite a few BGs disbanded by the strong German divisions, if the allied groups do not re-spawn that would absolutely game-breaking.

Also might it be possible to release a list of which groups reinforce, how and when etc.?

Many thanks!

#127: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:14 pm
    —
Finest mod played since Michael's BOB WAR TeT MOD conversion. NO bugs so far, large teams, huge assortments of weapons at disposal.

Same issue (if any) is amazing ability of 3.7cm German AT gun to penetrate T34 tank eventually. It wasn't nick named the "door knocker" for nothing.

#128: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:42 am
    —
great news Cathartes  Very Happy

will we be able to continue an existing GC with the new update??? i hope so  Very Happy

looking forward to it!!! great game!!

#129: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:13 am
    —
Buuface
LSA was meant to be played with morale ON. with morale ON, this stops most "disbandments" as you will retreat before you disband unless you have no where to retreat to.
yes i know that with morale on, its harder for the allies to get off the beaches in a timely fashion, but unless Cathartes has specifically changed this in GJS - LSA then its my opinion you have to play GJS -LSA with moral ON to get around the whole sale disbandments of BG's.

#130: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:48 am
    —
1 more thing Cathartes.......ive been dueling with the panthers with 17 PDR a/t guns, M10 17 PDR's and FireFlys.
ive found that the panthers win most duels even if the 17 pdr gets the 1st hit and even the 1st two hits.
the 17 PDR'S seem to miss more than they should also i think.

the panthers get 1 shot 1 kill most of the time...hands down.

what are you other players seeing here?

i suggest we tweak the 17 PDR accuracey and penetration a wee bit.

your thoughts cathartes and Gentlemen???

#131: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:49 pm
    —
Quote:
ive been dueling with the panthers with 17 PDR a/t guns, M10 17 PDR's and FireFlys.
ive found that the panthers win most duels even if the 17 pdr gets the 1st hit and even the 1st two hits.
the 17 PDR'S seem to miss more than they should also i think

guns are pretty darn similar in terms of shell velocity and penetration, but Panther's 7.5cm has a slight edge

Guess your outcome is as would be expected only because Sherman and M-10 have such lousy armor and less chance of dealing with an angled shot (always unseen by player).  Also, some German units start with slightly greater morale/experience which influences performance in LSA more than in earlier CC game engines.

If a number of other players see this and think the situation is too lopsided toward the Panther tank, please let me know.

#132: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Firefrost PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:44 am
    —
Just had a similar experience to steiner with panthers. Engaging a panther from the front with 1 firefly and 1 Sherman, got a lucky shot with the sherman and blew of the panthers gun. Firefly took 21 shots from 150m to kill the panther. My 2nd firefly engaged a panther at 50m, got the first 2 shots and both bounced.  Then on the 2nd fight of this map firefly engaging panther from the side had shots bouncing. Could have been just terrible luck but I'd have thought that should be an easy kill on the side armor.

I'd say it needs a tweak, if that holds true in H2H panthers will be pretty crazy. Incidentally I seem to find the normal 17pdr gun is much more effective than the firefly one, not sure if there is a reason for this?

Hope that helps.

#133: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:13 am
    —
thanks for posting Firefrost  Smile  anyone else out there with panther vs Fire Fly issues?? nows the time to post before Cathartes does the update.  Cool

IMHO if the FF gets the drop on the panther and gets the 1st shot and even a sec shot and hit.. weather it be front or side...it should be a kill.

my recent battles show the accuracie of the 17 pdr is not good also. it seems to miss alot. i mentioned that in my post too.

my info is a 17 pdr could penetrate 200 mm of armour at 1000 yds i believe.

#134: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:46 am
    —
The info I found on a book called "British and American Tanks of WWII" and a site online say about 185/1000m using APDS. Can't remember what that would be in yds.

#135: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:22 am
    —
Schmal_Turm wrote (View Post):
The info I found on a book called "British and American Tanks of WWII" and a site online say about 185/1000m using APDS. Can't remember what that would be in yds.

that would be around 900yds, but APDS wasn;t available to units in June 1944.

In RL, 17pdr APC could penetrate Panther with front hit only at gun mantle at less than 300yds or turret ring aka crirital in CC Smile.

#136: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:24 am
    —
were splitting hairs here but.....
the 6 pdr had APDS in june but the 17 pdr didnt till sept. The Firefly 17-pounder was able to penetrate some 140 mm of armour at 500 m (550 yd) and 131 mm at 1,000 m (1,100 yd) using standard Armour Piercing.

The panther front hull had 80 mm of armor angled at 55 degrees from the vertical.

point is...the FireFly at CC ranges could pen a panthers front armour with standard AP ammo.

i think we should tweek the 17PDR a wee bit  Cool

#137: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:35 am
    —
we were talking about 17pdr APDS....

Quote:
the 6 pdr had APDS in june

btw it couldnt pen Panther frontal either Wink.

Quote:
The Firefly 17-pounder was able to penetrate some 140 mm of armour at 500 m (550 yd) and 131 mm at 1,000 m (1,100 yd) using standard Armour Piercing.
The panther front hull had 80 mm of armor angled at 55 degrees from the vertical.
point is...the FireFly at CC ranges could pen a panthers front armour with standard AP ammo.

thing is that neither 17pdr APC nor APCBC could pen Panther glacis at any range with 50% probability (low armor plate and mantlet is another story) that's why APDS were rushed in August though they sucked that time and the whole APDS concept was rejected by USA in favor for HVAP that could pen less but had very crucial advantages vs APDS

#138: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:46 am
    —
our info differs Dima.  Confused  im not getting into a you said / i said .....my info / your info debate.  Cool

lets not lose site of the fact, playability is an issue and thats really what were talking about here. all im trying to do is make the mod a bit more playible and less 1 sided in these tank duals. im / we are not asking for a total rebuild of the allied 17 PDR, just a tweak..........not too much to ask if Cathartes thinks its a good idea.

#139: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:52 am
    —
Quote:
our info differs Dima.  Confused  im not getting into a you said / i said .....my info / your info debate.

my info is based on the official US/UK reports circa Normandy 1944 where the shot live Panthers with all possible kind of guns/shells and got pretty funny (or depressing) resuts.
probably you have more accurate info...but i wash my hands here, really don't care Smile.

#140: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:59 am
    —
Stiener,

btw thanks for 16 negative rep points, mate.

#141: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:06 am
    —
Dima

BTW, thanks for the slam ..." probably you have more accurate info...but i wash my hands here, really don't care"....Bro

#142: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:26 am
    —
stiener wrote (View Post):
Dima
BTW, thanks for the slam ..." probably you have more accurate info...but i wash my hands here, really don't care"....Bro

ahh, you probably dont know but every time you vote for rep on this site a PM comes which shows precise time and yes it shows 10:35, 9 minutes before your post (10:44):
Quote:
our info differs Dima.  Confused  im not getting into a you said / i said .....my info / your info debate.  Cool
lets not lose site of the fact, playability is an issue and thats really what were talking about here. all im trying to do is make the mod a bit more playible and less 1 sided in these tank duals. im / we are not asking for a total rebuild of the allied 17 PDR, just a tweak..........not too much to ask if Cathartes thinks its a good idea.

so you are welcome, although I meant that I washed my hands in this thread (=here) as I dont really care if Cathartes will change that he seemed to make right or not.
regarding your info, yes it was a sarcasm, as that's obvious you can't have more accurate infor than official shooting reports circa Normandy 1944 Wink.

btw problems with Tiger's armor were even worse Wink

#143: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:55 am
    —
ahh, i am aware of the time stamp and the PM, but thanks for the in depth report tho.  Wink

you really were not helping the cause of moving the mod forward and making the mod a bit more playible ...debating back and forth about 17 PDR armour pen and APDS vs AP...armour thickness etc etc, was just mudding the waters. thats why the neg rep pts.
your un wanted sarcasm / un needed sarcasm, came later.

your welcome too...i know you meant you washed your hands of this thread, but if you dont really care if Cathartes changes the values or not, why jump in and debate our points?

you are a wealth of knowledge Dima, seriously, but, sometimes, you cloud the issue Wink and now we have just made this thread a bit of a joke by our ranting back and forth at each other. Embarassed

accept my apology for the negetive rep points and lets move on mate.

#144: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Dima PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:00 am
    —
Quote:
accept my apology for the negetive rep points and lets move on mate.

cheers, happens.

#145: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:57 pm
    —
Hi,
I appreciate what stiener is trying to accomplish in his original post ... promote best gameplay within historical limits.
That being said, I also agree that historical accuracy should be represented as best as the game platform can achieve ... without negatively overwhelming other aspects of gameplay.
Therefore, I would like to chime in on this debate based on what I've noticed in my limited experience in CC as well some historical info I've heard of.

First though I think it's interesting to note that gameplay results should be based on an average of combat experiences ... since CC is based on a roll of the dice type formula, and let's face it, sometimes we can roll bad outcomes ... in some ways similar to real life: ever bent down to pick up something small off the ground, and missed two or three times?
And since there are so many factors that represent the outcome of each shot, it seems reasonable to expect results that don't always match up with what appears to be a for sure thing.
But if the average outcome of several or more encounters (and in different situations), show the balance is biased too far in one direction compared to expected results ... then perhaps a change is needed.

In PitF, (in my opinion) I think the Panther data seems close to what I would expect ... in actual gameplay. The Allies need to outflank a Panther and with two or more Shermans. And a Firefly needs to catch him with a side shot or from behind cover ... and not with a head to head engagement in the open.
But if the FF gets the first (non frontal) shot and hits ... then I'd expect the FF to win most of the time (or course depended on the situation).

The 17pdr was a feared gun and should be represented as such in game.

And lastly, in my opinion, Dima's data (in Ground Tactics 5) does a really good job of portraying the Panther vs 17pdr.

Another example of historical accuracy vs gameplay can be seen with mortars. TLD (original) had such powerful/instantly accurate mortars ... that gameplay would rarely allow players to realize infantry combat, due to mortars restricting their movement or reducing infantry's roll in combat. And it may be true that mortars cause much damage and loss of life ... it's also true that infantry plays a huge roll in combat.
... imo, Dima's data in GT5 brought mortars into balance with the rest of the game.  

david .... aka davidssfx (now crewman, due to email hack)

#146: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:21 pm
    —
Haven't had much time for any gaming lately, but bought LSA and gave a few single battles a try in GJS ... checked some BG's, maps, and sounds.
Thanks Cathartes for your huge undertaking getting GJS to LSA with all the new stuff and corrections ...the best CC to date imo.

Had several test battles with FF vs. Tiger ... and things seemed ok to me

Only minor things I prefer:
1.attached MG42 sound
2.return to original CC shell bounce off armor sound 0054
3.explosion graphic (with fire color) for grenade ... may not be as realistic, but players can better see where grenade explodes

Thanks again
david

MG42.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  MG42.zip
 Filesize:  157.99 KB
 Downloaded:  383 Time(s)

#147: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Firefrost PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:10 am
    —
So regarding the above debate, if 300m is the able to pen value from the front, a side shot should be a fairly certain kill. Perhaps the problem is not the penetration data but the accuracy?

#148: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:17 am
    —
i would agree Firefrost. i did mention accuracy a couple of times in my posts too.  Cool

crewman...care to share your test battles out comes with the tiger?  Very Happy did you manage to kill any?  Wink

perhaps you might test battle some panthers...as they show up way sooner than the tigers in this mod, and give us your opinion on your results.  Cool

i still say for game playibilty and considering the very large amounts [ IMO ] [ more than in the original GJS ] of panthers in the new mod, a tweak of the Fireflys is in order.

also...Cathartes's original idea was to have a functioning reinforce button on some of the allied BG's, thus increasing the number of FF's in the game, which would help the allied cause. but so far it appears this function isnt there. so that doesnt help that the allies dont have allot of FF's to counter the Cats IMO. hence the tweak.  Wink

i also notice that a few allied BG's come up short on the ratio of FF's vs shermans in the BG's. was that done on purpose Cathartes?

remember Playability has to be a factor in any great mod. [ not saying this isnt a great mod already  Very Happy  ]

#149: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:53 am
    —
David- nice to see you back around, thanks for the substantive comments a few posts above.  Hope you're doing well.

#150: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:57 am
    —
also...Cathartes's original idea was to have a functioning reinforce button on some of the allied BG's, thus increasing the number of FF's in the game, which would help the allied cause. but so far it appears this function isnt there. so that doesnt help that the allies dont have allot of FF's to counter the Cats IMO. hence the tweak.  Wink

i also notice that a few allied BG's come up short on the ratio of FF's vs shermans in the BG's. was that done on purpose Cathartes?

If the Armoured Brigades can't reinforce ever, it's a problem that needs to be fixed by adding more tanks to start with.  Don't know that this was ever tested for certain with LSA engine even though there's a column for it in the BG data.

#151: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:34 am
    —
FF rolled up on the railway embankment and spottted a side view of a Panther at 196m.
FF took first shot a missed
Panther fired back and missed
FF knocked out Panther with second shot, as seen in screenshot.

FF moves over railway railway embankment near top of map with command tank behind, and sees Panther frontal side view 223m away.
Panther fires first and misses
FF knocks out Panther first shot

First battle with FF vs. Panther

Also, if I remember correctly ... reinforcement button (in TLD) didn't become available to use until a BG was depleted to a certain low point ... how the game calculates when the low point is reached, I don't know. Or maybe it becomes available after a certain amount of time?
If interested, you can see reinforcement work in TLD with the GT5 mod ... it happens relatively quickly, since the BG's were designed with less units than usual due to a shorter length campaign (note: only in the Objective Caen campaign).

note: besides being a good sound effect ... the CC original round bouncing off armor sound (0054) is also helpful in determining if a round hit or missed, since it is a very unique sound.

FFvsPanther.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  570.18 KB
 Viewed:  336 Time(s)

FFvsPanther.jpg

#152: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:09 pm
    —
well your doing better than me FF vs Panther but all my engagements are vs Panther frontal armour as my opponent isnt dumb enough to turn sideways.  Very Happy  both your examples appear to be side shots.
the accuracy of both tanks in your examples seem about the same...bad...lol. Wink  in my engagements the panther is usually the winner as it hits more than it miss's and ive had many, many more 17 PDR vs Cat duels in my GC than your two.
i apprieciate you taking the time to do some play testing tho, and your examples are interesting, but somewhat inconclusive IMHO bro.

in my GJS LSA GC were in day 11 / 1500...so 6 days in...i just played a battle with the 4th Arm BDE and there was no reinforce button. i was looking for one.
allot, if not all of my initial BG's that landed on the 1st day have all recieved reinforcements to there rosters....as was expected. [ but a couple of BG's were short FF's, recieving only 2 FF's where other Bg's recieved 4 or 5 FF's with the same ratio of sherman reinforcements. these being the 7/3 CDN...2 FF's..and the 8/3 BR ...2 FF's ]

in one of my LSA GC's im in day 19 / 9:00....about 12 turns in ? im german....theres no reinforce buttons...the rules dont say theres a reinforce button. but the german BG's do get reinforced as time goes by....ive seen it in most of the 10 ss and 9 ss BG's. the allied para bg's get tanks as reinforcements when certain parameters are met.

i dont know if TLD [ as david says ] is set up the same as LSA? couldnt Matrix shed some light on this for us Cathartes?? you have there ear  :D

crewman...your MG 42 zip says corrupted after i DL it to my desktop and try to open it.

#153: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:07 am
    —
another observation Cathartes, dont know if its been mentioned before. the allied A/T guns will always shoot at german inf and expose themselves. they fire a few gun rds and then fire there rifles.
not sure about the german A/T guns but im guessing that they would do the same?

i believe in GJS A/T guns would not shoot at inf unless you made them?

#154: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:35 am
    —

crewman...your MG 42 zip says corrupted after i DL it to my desktop and try to open it.

MG42 sound
https://www.dropbox.com/s/axpitpq0e2r7dxc/0009.wav

Original shell bounce off armor sound
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtfn3gb12ceewt9/0054.wav

#155: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:32 am
    —
Hi stiener,
Put together a simple test range for you to test FF against Panther

1.Edited the Brettville map so that the top third is all coded as grass with the same elevation throughout
2.Edited Panther ammo and smoke in vehicles text ... so that it has no ammo or smoke
3.Created a battle containing BG's with FF and Panther

Install instructions:
First make copies of the below mentioned files, so you can put them back after testing ... then follow steps listed below

1.Put seven maps files starting with "brettevl" ... in folder:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\GJS\Maps

2.Put the : "vehicles.txt" file in:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\GJS\DATA\Base

3.Put the "Brettville Target" file in folder:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem\GJS\Games\Battles

You can get the files in attached link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/641ce2n0nz8495c/GJS%20FF%20vs%20Panther.zip

Below test results are from single player with direct facing frontal armor (playing as Panther) at 405 - 410 meters distance. In multiplayer you can vary distance and angle.
results of four tests below:
note:
h=hit
m=miss
k=knocked out (crew abandoning vehicle)

1.h,h,h,h,h,k

3.m,k

4.h,h,h,h,m,h,h,h,k

#156: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:07 pm
    —
Below are the four test results with Panther firing at a FF (FF has no ammo), 400 meters apart (playing as FF) ... and with direct facing frontal armor engagement

2.m,k

From these limited tests from both sides ... I'd conclude that accuracy isn't an issue under these ideal conditions.
And, in my opinion ... these results seem close to my expectation of what the historical real life situation would have looked like.

But as you can see, the FF has very little chance of ever winning a face to face frontal armor encounter with the Panther ... since it appears to knock-out the FF with the first shot that hits, and is very accurate on first shot.

#157: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Firefrost PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:38 pm
    —
Nice posts crewman, so it looks like the Panther has a pretty good advantage over the firefly. Guess the question is whether the historical accuracy is worth the balance? I would say increasing the number of fireflies may be necessary given that fairly considerable advantage?

#158: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:01 am
    —
good job crewman.

so that being proven, i still agree with Firefrost....what do we do about playability?
theres more Cats than the old GJS, so what do we do about redressing the balance?

#159: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:20 pm
    —
Sorry for the delay in the update.  It's still on tap, but up against a couple of big work-related deadlines and it's derailing proper attention. I do intend to have something out before the core holidays hit.

#160: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:36 pm
    —
thanks Cathartes  :D

"work" is over rated you know  Wink

im just playing Crewmans New Operation Perch, Op, with Crewman  Cool  and im the germans. i just noticed with the 12 ss 26 pzgd BG [ the one with 5 panthers ] that in the roster that the Veteran pzgrd squads are LESS points to buy than the NON vet pzrd squads. dont know if this is a mistake or done on purpose?

i also noticed that in the german roster, you can get your 80 mm mortor in either the regular or support slots. this is how it should be in the allied roster with the 3 in mortor as we have already noted  Cool  and the MMG vickers IMHO.

#161: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:55 pm
    —
Sorry for the delay in the update.  It's still on tap, but up against a couple of big work-related deadlines and it's derailing proper attention. I do intend to have something out before the core holidays hit.

Thanks again for this ... really appreciate what you've done!

Also, if you need a hand with the patch ... just make a list, and I'd gladly help out

#162: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:22 pm
    —
thanks Cathartes  Very Happyi also noticed that in the german roster, you can get your 80 mm mortor in either the regular or support slots. this is how it should be in the allied roster with the 3 in mortor as we have already noted  Cool  and the MMG vickers IMHO.

I didn't realize LSA restricted the selection of unit types to specific columns. But now that I do, I think it's an excellent design feature ... and something I hoped would make its way into CC.
Main reason being ... this limits medium mortars. In LSA you have to decide between a mortar and a vehicle (for example). And, sure you may want a mortar to suppress troop movement ... but you probably won't grab two or more of them, if they reduce you ability to select AFV's

In previous CC versions you could select 5 or more tanks as well as 3 mortars ... which in my opinion puts more focus on the unrealistic abilities of CC mortars, and less focus on simulating combat.

So, in my opinion having mortars only selectable in the support column, is a step in the right direction

As steiner mentioned though, German BG's can select 8cm mortars in their Infantry column ... which seems unfair compared to the Allies' not being able to. I'd prefer to have all medium/heavy mortars only in the Support column ... and be the same for both sides.

#163: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:00 am
    —
i can see where crewman is coming from but i dont fully agree. i think with the specific columns for picking certain troop types, you dont get caught up with having too many mortors and if you have an inf BG you might want 2 mortors. [ the columns are diff for each type of BG IE: Inf vs Mortorized etc. ] as there support is limited already.

well if we go with all medium/heavy mortars only in the Support column ...make sure it is the same for both sides. germans are diff from allies right now as we have mentioned.

i really think the MMG vickers needs to be availible for the allies in the regular column AND the support column as the allies are terribly under gunned vs the german inf and there small arms and MG's....also the vickers ammo load could be upped to 2000 rds from 1500 rds.
same with the bren ammo load....its just not enough to compete with the MG 42.

#164: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:17 am
    —
agree about the Vickers and Allies MG ammo

#165: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:06 am
    —
had a freeze up on my side when opponent crashed ... playing GJS with Operation Perch at Villers Bocage.
First time used air, next two times crashed without using air.
Truced before 12 minutes expired (15 min battles) on the four time ... and that got us past the crash and we've continued on.

crash file is attached

thanks

Perch GJS crach at Villers twice so far.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Perch GJS crach at Villers twice so far.zip
 Filesize:  34.26 KB
 Downloaded:  342 Time(s)

#166: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:14 am
    —
just to add to crewmans post......i was the host and i got the CC EXE error message and crash to desk top.  Crying or Very sad

#167: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:49 pm
    —
any crashes with your H2H custom op since you moved past?  

Regarding the support units and BG selectoion--it was intended that both German and British MGs/Mortars should be available in support column only, so it's a bug that the Germans have the advantage of selection.  

I realize there are two lines of thought on the theory of support teams.  The compromise might be making the Medium/Hvy MGs available across all columns and medium mortars "support only" column--same for both Brits and Germans.

#168: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:42 pm
    —
Hi Cathartes
we have only played a couple of battles past the crash....they worked fine.

im in for your compromise on the support. IE: making the Medium/Hvy MGs available across all columns and medium mortars "support only" column--same for both Brits and Germans.

#169: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:44 pm
    —
 Regarding the support units and BG selectoion--it was intended that both German and British MGs/Mortars should be available in support column only, so it's a bug that the Germans have the advantage of selection.

Hi Cathartes,
I looked at the GJS axsteams.txt file and noticed that the German 8cm Mortars use team type "12" in column "F" (which is Lt Mortar) ... but should be team type "39" Med Mortar.
Correcting that would put the German med mortars back into the Support column, and not selectable in the Infantry column.

And about the Vickers and MG42:

1. I think the Heavy MG42 should remain in Support (team type "13") ... since the Germans also have lots of Light MG42's available (team type "11").
With Heavy MG42's also available in the Infantry column ... the Allies will get pinned down even more, and make infantry movement much more restrictive.

2. As a compromise, the Vickers could move to the Infantry column to even things up a bit ... but I'd prefer it left in Support if it meant also moving the Heavy MG42 into the Infantry column.

3. From a purist standpoint though ... I think all Heavy MG's should be in Support only

Thanks again

#170: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:20 am
    —
in the GC H2H....as ive stated earlier...the allies are heavely out gunned as far as the inf vs inf...there out matched armour wise with all the panthers IMO but thats another story......its not inconsivible, as a purist, to have the MMG vickers in the inf column. its got a 3 man crew [ is this historical? ] as opposed to the german HMG 42 with a 5 man crew and for playibility something has to be done to even it up a bit. theres not that many Vickers in most of the allied rosters either......should be more also, to help balance the fire power issue. ]

what is always missing in CC is the fact that you cannot give the allies the full weight of the arty support that was always availible to them historically, in a game sense. that  evened  the odds on the historical battle field, time and again for the allies.....large german armoured attacks were broken up by the arty support avalible to the allies all the time. this isnt easily copied in CC and thus causes a problem in the above stated issues...especially in the inf vs inf where the germans always out gun the allied inf. the MG 42 was a deadly weapon historically...theres no doubt about it and the game DOES portray that fact well but the bren in the game is a lame duck for some reason and the ammo loads for the bren and vickers just arent useable / historical?  they need more to be able to keep up a sustained fire against the enemy. the allies didnt usually have a lack of ammo issue. ..the germans did.

thus as ive suggested as a good improvment also...more arty and mortor support for the allies... especially the arty.

the planes just dont work well....they typically dont destroy any thing, and miss as much as they hit ...50/50?? so that also takes away from the allied fire power and tank destroying capibility's. perhaps this could be looked at?

crewman...you see the inequities of the game in a GC over time... with the german steam roller thats hard to stop.....you will see as you play GJS LSA more Cool

the allies NEED more of a punch that cannot be equalized with just allied tanks. thats why i sugessted not only the vickers MMG be in the inf slots and the support slots but the 3 in mortor for the allies as well.

the bottom line is still a bit more playability that is not out of the historical realm even for a purist. the historical battle field make up of any german or allied company was NOT as it appears in the official TOE's...thats a fact.

all this being said, this is still a great mod and a great job Cathartes....i salute you and the time you put into CC  Very Happy
these are just my suggestions and my input into trying to help improve IMHO what is a great mod.

#171: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:49 am
    —
Hi steiner,
you make some helpful comments.
1. I agree with having the Vickers in the Infantry column, but keep the Heavy MG 42 in Support only.
2. I also agree about the Allied air support ... I think it should knock out a tank 90 percent of the time

3. 3in Mortar should stay in Support only ... imo
4. Maybe some more artillery support too ... edit (maybe not, since I haven't tried the GC yet).

as you've said, really great mod Cathartes ... just offering some feedback.

Last edited by crewman on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total

#172: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:57 am
    —
The strategic level air, artillery and mortar support quantities should greatly favour the Allies (along with a greater number of tanks in the forcepool and possibly deployed) should provide the additional firepower to offset the better MG and tanks....

#173: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:50 am
    —
Makes sense Tejszd

Also, thought I should comment of GJS a bit too, since I've had a chance to try some battles.

1. maps are really well done ... has the Normandy feel, and seem well coded
2. sounds are great, and nicely balanced
3. BG's look well thought out and detailed. I like the LSA style of columns for different types too.
4. Vehicles graphics are top notch
5. Gameplay works well, both tactical and strategic
5. LSA features are the best CC so far ... imo
6. GJS LSA = best CC ... imo

Last edited by crewman on Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

#174: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:54 am
    —
agreed Tejsez......we need the quantities upped to reflect this IMO.

just finished playing some battles in crewmans Op. i was using a shreak team vs his shermans. i have been on the allied end of the shreaks in the GC [ still playing it too ] and my german opponent has used many shreaks against me. he is of the same opinion.

what we are finding is that the shreak is horribley inaccurate and it fails to penetrate allot of the time when it does get a lucky hit.

here is two recent descriptions / experiences....tonite in op perch i had a shreak team at about 60 m hit a sherman 2 times in a row. no damage at all. now this time the shreak did hit 2 times out of three.

later tonite in a test battle i had a shreak team in a hedge that shot at the side of a firefly at 53 m. the shreak missed the Firefly 5 times at 53 m...then the team died from being over run by allied inf.  Confused  it was not suppressed or under fire at the time of the 5 shots.

my experiences with the piat are similair.....horibbley inaccurate.....i have had the piat kill a couple of mk 4's after multiple shots are fired, but usually the piat team is spotted no matter what cover he's in..and killed before he can shoot.

IMHO at ranges under 100 m for the shreak and under 80 m for the piat, both weapons should be able to have a reasonable probabilty to hit. and BOTH these weapons if they hit they should kill. they both have large armour penatration ability's......off the top of my head...200 mm for the piat and 280 mm for the shreak.

my experiences with and against the Faust are as expected. the faust is nasty and kills a high percentage of the time at 30m or less.

can we look at the shreak and piat and perhaps give them a nudge???

#175: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:39 am
    —
about Artillery Support:
I can't comment on the GJS GC, cause I haven't played it yet ... but I did check the campaign text file, and there seems to be some on all days.

I decided not to add any Artillery Support in Operation Perch, but may enable it for the Allies ... after some more testing

#176: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: sample PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:51 pm
    —
what is always missing in CC is the fact that you cannot give the allies the full weight of the arty support that was always availible to them historically, in a game sense. that  evened  the odds on the historical battle field, time and again for the allies.....large german armoured attacks were broken up by the arty support avalible to the allies all the time. this isnt easily copied in CC and thus causes a problem in the above stated issues...especially in the inf vs inf where the germans always out gun the allied inf. the MG 42 was a deadly weapon historically...theres no doubt about it and the game DOES portray that fact well but the bren in the game is a lame duck for some reason and the ammo loads for the bren and vickers just arent useable / historical?  they need more to be able to keep up a sustained fire against the enemy. the allies didnt usually have a lack of ammo issue. ..the germans did.

thus as ive suggested as a good improvment also...more arty and mortor support for the allies... especially the arty.
the planes just dont work well....they typically dont destroy any thing, and miss as much as they hit ...50/50?? so that also takes away from the allied fire power and tank destroying capibility's. perhaps this could be looked at?

stiener, a British 43-45 type infantry division had Three Field Artillery Regiments - each with twenty four towed 25-pdr guns plus eight 4.2-in mortars in their divisional machine gun battalions and in action, further support for offensive and defensive actions was almost always available from heavier artillery regiments (corps or army assets). With no shortage of ammo, and with tactics perfected since the Great War, the british field artillery was able to rain down almost a constant bombardment, severely hampering the german abilities in defensive and offensive actions. Translating this on CC environment, a similar arty support would most likely obliterate anything on a close combat typical map thus greatly imbalancing the game.
Same could be said about the german mortars: the most feared weapon by allied troops in Normandy (and incidentally, in another prolonged battle, at Monte Cassino) was the mortar, not the MG 34 or 42, partly because of numbers deployed by heer, waffen ss and fj units: at the company level there were 5cm mortars - german or captured russian types, 60mm mortar from '40 french army, or an ever increasing number of  kurz 8cm mortar; at battalion level further 6 normal 8cm mortars were available and finally at regimental level, 12cm mortars (captured or copied models) replacing the 15cm infantry support howitzers. Some units deployed more 8cm or 10.5cm mortars instead of 12cm in their regimental companies or the 12cm were deployed at battalion level (the fj units in '44 were authorized to have such mortars in the heavy companies).

stiener, regarding the "mighty air-power" trials against captured German Panther tanks showed that the rockets fired from aircrafts, like Typhoon, could penetrate the armour except on the front of the tank. The accuracy of the rockets was however low, even when fired in salvos of eight. At trials on training ground in England the probability of achieving a hit on a tank was at most 4 %. On operations, when the aircraft was subjected to AA fire and the targets not stationary on an open field, hit rates must have been even lower. Also, in fact on the six most casualty-intensive days suffered by 12. SS-Pz.Div. during June 1944 the weather either prevented or hampered air operations. The worst day for the division was 26 June 1944, when it suffered 730 casualties. During this day it rained.

Three British studies of captured Panther tanks (or wrecks of Panther tanks), two of them during Normandy and one during the Ardennes battle gave the following results:
Armour Piercing Shot -> 63 panther tanks lost
Hollow Charge Projectiles -> 8 panther tanks lost
High Explosive Shells -> 11 panther tanks lost
Aircraft Rockets -> 11 panther tanks lost
Aircraft Cannon -> 3 panther tanks lost
Destroyed by crew -> 66 panther tanks lost
Abandoned -> 43 panther tanks lost
Unknown causes -> 24 panther tanks lost
In all 96 were destroyed, disabled or damaged by allies and 133 panther tanks were abandobed and destroyed by the crews or lost to other causes;
During the '44-45' period a german panzer regiment was organized in two tank batalions one equiped with panther tanks and second with mark IV panzer tank so about the loses for panzer mk IV could have similar proportions.

So, once the artillery fire halted, the role of the infantry soldier is that of war itself, namely to close with the enemy and destroy him using his rifle and hand grenades, perhaps some flamethrowers, satchel charges or even tanks in direct support if he is lucky enough. Fundamentally, it is the role of commander, even in CC environment, to be aware of strengths and weakness of both sides and to find the less costly way to achieve victory.

Last edited by sample on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

#177: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:13 pm
    —
crewman & tejezd......arty barrages are availible in the GC along with mortor barrages. just the arty needs to be upped  IMO.

sample.....some very in depth and great info you have provided. thanks.

im aware of all that info...have read the books and the reports etc.
im assumming your ok with the way the mod plays then?

as you stated above the allied arty assets were huge, but as i mentioned it is hard to copy those capabilitys in CC, and obviously we dont want to obliterate the CC map. my suggestion is to up the amount of arty barrages.

regarding the "mighty air-power"  Wink  what you quote is true, altho there was also a psychological factor involved. no tanker liked being shot at by aircraft even rocket firing typhoons, so that had an effect on weather they would break off an attack or not. this also cannot be copied on the CC battle field.
historically ground attack aircraft attacks did destroy and damage some tanks and did drive off/ break up armoured attacks.
in the bigger picture of the CC game play tho as ive stated, the air support isnt up to par IMO.

i like the last quote you gave about infantry and commanders the best..very true.
i am aware of strengths and weakness of both sides in CC and thats why were trying to improve the game play in ways that are still close to historical.

were just trying to improve the game play of this great mod and balance the fire power issue a bit with things that we can control on the CC battle field. after all, it is a game / mod that was built and it needs to be polishied up a bit to make it an enjoyable game for us all to play.  Very Happy

#178: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:51 pm
    —
Made some changes to try and balance things a bit for Operation Perch.

here's a link to the changes:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10245

also, didn't get the Vickers into Infantry columns ... cause the game will sometimes select more than one of them. And besides, I think the Bren Group and Section provide quite a bit of firepower.

#179: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:33 pm
    —
thanks crewman, should be interesing.......but i dont agree that the Bren Group and Section provide quite a bit of firepower.  Confused

the GC is quite a bit different than a custom OP.

#180: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:45 am
    —
thanks crewman, should be interesing.......but i dont agree that the Bren Group and Section provide quite a bit of firepower.  Confused

the GC is quite a bit different than a custom OP.

Hi steiner,
wasn't saying that the Bren doesn't need a bit more power, and correction, Vickers available in all slots makes sense.

#181: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: crewman PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:36 am
    —
While testing Operation Perch, I ran into continuous end of game crashes during the first battle of the Operation ... at Bretteville.
After exhaustive experiments ... I think the Air Support is at fault in some way.
Playing against the AI and letting 15min battles complete ... I had numerous crashes with Air Support enabled (for Allies)  in the scenario options. But haven't had any crashes in last seven test battles with Air Support option unchecked (off).
So have decided to not include Air Support in the Operation ... but give Allies Artillery Support instead.

Also ran into a freeze up at Tilly in our H2H match. It was our fourth battle at this map, with no problems before, and Air was used in the crashed battle.
So may just end this H2H Op., and start over with the new version Operation with no Air Support.

And, really like how you've done the GJS med mortars ... seems very realistic, imo (thanks).

#182: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:25 am
    —
thanks for posting that crewman.

im not sure if this is a bug or not cathartes.......its the amount of german shreaks in some the german BG's. theres more than 20 in allot of german BG's ive looked at.
EX: 2/902/lehr = 20
        901/lehr = 22
    2/901/lehr = 22
    1/901/lehr = 20
     130 / lehr = 12

did you do this on purpose cathartes? if so im wondering if perhaps this might be a bit overboard. in my previous post i suggested we tweak the shreak and the piat for accuracy and check the penetration too...i still think we need to do this but i think we need to take a few shreaks out of the german line up by about 1/2 in each BG, IMO.

the average allied BG only has 16 + - piats in a BG and there not even half the weapon the shreak is.

your thoughts?

#183: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Joshua PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:55 pm
    —
I have lurked on this forum for years but never posted, seems this place is a hive of activity then goes dead for months  Very Happy . I have been playing CC since the first version and love the game.

First congratulations on an amazing mod. I have just stated playing through the Grand campaign against the AI and am having numerous crashes.

I think it is when the enemy routs on low moral. There is no specific map.I am saving the game after every battle too.

I am running 5.60.53 of LSA on a win 8.0 machine, with the beta in the downloads section.

This is the crash report from windows

Problem signature:
 Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
 Application Name: CCE.exe
 Application Version: 2013.1.3.1
 Application Timestamp: 51911c3f
 Fault Module Name: CCE.exe
 Fault Module Version: 2013.1.3.1
 Fault Module Timestamp: 51911c3f
 Exception Code: c0000005
 Exception Offset: 00113078
 OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48
 Locale ID: 2057
 Additional Information 1: 5861
 Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
 Additional Information 3: f3d5
 Additional Information 4: f3d5be0cad2787556264647dc02181c3

Read our privacy statement online:
 http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
 C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Sugestions......

I think mortors are fine as they are, but the 3inch should be available in all slots for allies

The Heavy mg42 should be kept to support, but vickers should be available to all. Or the bren should be made punchyer and have more ammo available, maybe a heavy bren team with an extra man ie the ammo runner

Naval strikes seem infective against tanks I think this is wrong also the large caliber tanks if they are coded with the naval strike data seem to be infective too I think this should be corrected.

Will post more as I come across them. So far amazing thanks

#184: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 am
    —
joshua.....the mod was built to be played H2H...not sure if that is why your seeing these crash's or not. cathartes would be able to shed some light on that tho.
im playing H2H with morale on and were not seeing these crashes all the time like you are.
we are seeing the odd CC EXE crash to desktop tho....no ryme or reason for those that i can figure out either.

you should try playing the game H2H. your not on the west coast of north america by any chance are you?  Cool  if you are, perhaps we can start a H2H GC.

keep the feed back on the game coming bro. the more input the better.

#185: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:58 pm
    —
Joshua wrote (View Post):
I have lurked on this forum for years but never posted, seems this place is a hive of activity then goes dead for months  Very Happy . I have been playing CC since the first version and love the game.

First congratulations on an amazing mod. I have just stated playing through the Grand campaign against the AI and am having numerous crashes.

I think it is when the enemy routs on low moral. There is no specific map.I am saving the game after every battle too.

I am running 5.60.53 of LSA on a win 8.0 machine, with the beta in the downloads section.

Sugestions......

I think mortors are fine as they are, but the 3inch should be available in all slots for allies

The Heavy mg42 should be kept to support, but vickers should be available to all. Or the bren should be made punchyer and have more ammo available, maybe a heavy bren team with an extra man ie the ammo runner

Naval strikes seem infective against tanks I think this is wrong also the large caliber tanks if they are coded with the naval strike data seem to be infective too I think this should be corrected.

Will post more as I come across them. So far amazing thanks

Hi Joshua, thanks for your comments and input, glad you're enjoying the mod.  

First, sorry about the crashes.  I have no idea what's going on.  I don't *think* it's related to the mod, but I could be wrong.  I have no experience with running LSA on Windows 8, so I would suggest you post your information in the Matrix LSA forum under technical support.  Steve may be able to help.

I need to update this mod, but been busy with other projects.  I am generally in agreement regarding all your suggestions.  The Naval Arty strike is a tough one.  I can up the ability to take out tanks, but it might have more nuclear consequences for infantry.  I check this forum so feel free to post questions, comments.

#186: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:28 am
    —
Cathartes
a couple more observations in my ongoing GJS LSA GC....

the allies lack command tanks.  when the BG's get reinforcements, a few moves into the GC, they dont get any new command tanks for there non DD tanks. this is telling in the overall morale of the allies.
could some be added to the game?

im really noticing the PIAT lack of accuracie.......its bad. they literally cant hit anything at any range. the allies REALLY need some inf A/T capibility as the panthers are almost unstoppable and ive yet to hit a panther with a piat ....even at 50 metres.
having not hit anything i dont no if the pen needs to be improved also?? but im betting it does.
the piats dont hide well either.

the german BG"s have SO many inf squads of diff types and SO many MG 42 teams, [ i already mentioned the huge amount of shreaks ] and exellent morale, that the allied inf with there very poor morale green rifle squads are just so over powered its scary.
the allies lose 4 to one in inf squads in any given battle and cant replace those losses with GREEN rifle squads.
when the allies get inf reinforcements can the morale be higher and can the type of inf squads be bren squads too??
as mentioned before the canadain BG's need to have all around higher morale.....veteran at least....same as all the german BG's.

the germans now have so many BG's that are "tank " BG's  [ that have a vehicle and a support column ] that it gives them a real advantage in having More equipment on the battle field in any given battle. this is a huge advantage over the allied BG"s as a whole who only have 3 tank BG"s.
the allies have 9 inf BG's ?? that have no tanks at all. these BG's are almost pointless in an attacking roll and the piat being so bad doesnt help there survival on the battle field.
dont no what to do with them except merge them with a BG that has tanks... if those BG's have any tanks left after being shot up for a few days into the GC.
perhaps at least some tank destroyers in these BG's like the 50 inf div has??

still a great mod....very challenging as it is if your allies Smile looking forward to an update.

#187: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 am
    —
1 more thing i noticed.......the allied 147/49 and 146/49 inf BG's [ not only dont have any tanks as noted above ]  but do not have any bren sections. they have a ton of 3 man LMG Bren squads but no bren sections. is this on purpose????
this will make them hopeless against the german inf.  Sad

the 70/49 BG has green bren sections.....i remember these guys from the old GJS but i remember they also had regular bren sections too, this BG doesnt have any regular bren sections.

cant wait for an update  Very Happy

#188: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:26 pm
    —
No tanks is by design--they didn't have any included with the division.  You'll have to combine with another tank BG.  49 Inf Division definitely needs some fixing in the infantry composition.

Reading/noting the issues and plan on getting an update cobbled together after I get past some GtC work.

#189: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:45 am
    —
thanks for the reply cathartes.....

well the allies could use more tanks as reinforcements at some point in there combined inf / tank bg's...after there reinforce in the 1st couple of days....other wise theres going to be no tanks in those tank bg's to combine the inf bg's with.

im at day 15 7;00 in the GC. as far as i can see the allies have had no other reinforcements other than what they got on the second or 3rd day?
do they get any other BG reinforcements in the GC? [ we know the reinforce button does not happen..at least not yet? ]

altho on day 14, i think, [ maybe 13? ].....the 231/50 BG got 4 more crocks. that surprised me. havent seen any other reinforcments in any other BG's i dont think..........Green rifle squads maybe? can you shed some light on this?
[ i try to keep track of the armour etc in the BG's ...not the inf so much ]

perhaps the 49 inf div and the other allied inf only BG's could have a few more A/T guns in the form of 17 pdrs? they get 6 6 pdrs and 4 17 pdrs i believe right now. IMO they could use a couple /few more 17 pdrs to tackle the panthers.
the panther BG's are just nasty...or unstoppable depending on which side of the cat ur on... Cool

and as i have mentioned before the allied A/T guns dont hide worth a damn compared to the german A/T guns. you cant see a Flak 88 until you trip over it but the allied a/t gets spotted from 1000 m easily.

thanks cathartes.......still a great mod  Very Happy

#190: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:20 am
    —
suggestion / question

it wouldnt be out of the historical realm of realizm to add a piat to the allied platoon and company command teams...would it? and more than 1 gammon bomb?

[ ive yet to see the allied command teams use the 1 gammon bomb they have when assaulting or ambushing german armour come to think of it.  Confused  is this a bug??? ]

thanks

#191: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:19 pm
    —
any news cathartes?  Very Happy

#192: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:28 am
    —
not sure if this was posted earlier or not...but the farther we play in the mod the more obvious it becomes that the allies need more bren squads and vickers MMG's and command squads as reinforcments at some point, not just the green rifle squads that they recieve now. [ IMO the allies should never be short of soldiers and material ] could this be considered?
the german BG's already have about a 2 to 3 to 1 superiority of inf built into them [ plus there all VET morale for the most part ] and there 20 plus MG 42 LMG and HMG squads are a bit over the top...also they seem to have allot of pioneer squads to boot.  Sad
the allies could use a specialty squad of some sort to even the odds.

#193: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:24 pm
    —
Quote:
[ IMO the allies should never be short of soldiers and material ] could this be considered?
the german BG's already have about a 2 to 3 to 1 superiority of inf built into them [ plus there all VET morale for the most part ] and there 20 plus MG 42 LMG and HMG squads are a bit over the top...also they seem to have allot of pioneer squads to boot.  Sad
the allies could use a specialty squad of some sort to even the odds.

The British did not have unlimited, trained soldiers, and the shortage of soldiers was a real problem as the campaign progressed.  A whole division was swallowed later in the campaign in order to fill out other divisions' ranks.  Tanks and guns are a different matter.  

British infantry were fully outgunned by German panzergrenadiers when it came to small arms, but they had material might in artillery, mortar,  and air support, and this is what made the difference most of the time.  However, I'm hearing you want more infantry firepower, regardless of reality.  More tanks are easy and reasonable considering the current situation.  Again, going to be a bit more time before I can update.

#194: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:56 pm
    —
Haven't played GJS yet but having played LSA and TLD, I noticed how frustrating indeed it is to be facing those heavily MG-42-laden German teams which easily slaughter Allied infantry. If this is counterbalanced in GJS by a lot of artillery/air/mortar support and a nearly unlimited pool of vehicles, then that's fine by me. If not, then giving more firepower to Allied infantry might be required.

No intention to press you of course but any idea when you may be able to release the update? Some of us are eagerly awaiting it before starting a new GC...

#195: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:12 am
    —
Hi Cathartes.
thanks for the reply  Smile

i agree that the germans out gunned the allied inf in allot of cases and that the allied artillery and mortors and air support redressed the balance in real life, but in CC and in ur mod we need at least double if not triple [ as already mentioned in a few posts ] the arty and mortor support for the allies for this to start to come close to redressing the difference in fire power. especially more arty support.
the air support doesnt work well...in most cases the air support doesnt hit anything let alone destroy any tanks.

as for the allied inf fire power vs reality.......well yes in this mod the allies desperatly need something? IMO were not messing with reality here. at 9 days into your mod 60% of my BG's are short of good inf. theres no bren squads left and the only replacement inf is the green rifle squads. theres no replacement bren squads or vickers sqauds or cmd squads. historically i dont remember the allies at 9 days after the invasion being short of infanrty. not at that point in the invasion...later in the following months...yes.
the germans should have shortages of some things and they dont have a shortage of anything as far as i can see...altho this has been one of the attractions to this mod....a good fight / slugfest.

considering how many german inf squads of all diff types are availible to the germans at the start of the GC [ far more than i remember in the ur original GJS mod ] and the veteran morale level......id say the allied inf short comings need to be addressed for playiblity and i dont think it skews reality.

more tanks as you say are reasonable and easy to add, and really needed as well to counter the balance of the cats. as already mentioned in other post the allied 17 PDR data truely has to be looked at and tweaked at least a little bit....accuracie if nothing else and 17 PDR A/T gun rate of fire....something is out of wack there as far as the 17PDRs go when you compare them to the german tanks. the 17's arent up to snuff even if the APDS ammo wasnt availible till later.
[ as mentioned before the the 17 PDR A/T gun doesnt hide well either...where the german flak 88 is invisible till u trip over it ]

another anomily we've seen is the fact that the german inf in any building seems almost immune to tank fire.....and yet the allied inf take what appears to be acceptible losses in buildings from german tank fire [ acceptible = wiped out after 2 or 3 german HE rds ]
is there perhaps a bug in the allied HE rds..bad data???

also the german shreak [ which there appears to be far too many of in allot of the german BG's ] is very in accurate...not as bad as the piat, but almost as bad. u cant hit much with them at any range.

looking forward to an update and further fighting in the hedge rows  Very Happy

thanks
Steiner

#196: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:31 am
    —
been playing on Merville. the small bunkers dont let you fire out of them. the big bunkers let you fire for the most part.
in the old GJS ur inf could fire out of them in all directions. id say this is a BUG.

also...not sure if this was mentioned before....the A/T guns fire at inf with both rifles and there main gun instead of waiting to shoot at tanks as a priority.

thanks

#197: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:25 pm
    —
been playing on Merville. the small bunkers dont let you fire out of them. the big bunkers let you fire for the most part.
in the old GJS ur inf could fire out of them in all directions. id say this is a BUG.

also...not sure if this was mentioned before....the A/T guns fire at inf with both rifles and there main gun instead of waiting to shoot at tanks as a priority.

thanks

the small bunkers are underground bunkers, and they only have doors, and bunker walls are coded so units can't fire through them.  so if you think that's a bug and you should be able to fire from any and all directions from a bunker and into a bunker, I can do that, but it will change how battles play on maps with bunkers and change the dynamic of the battle--units can fire from and be targeted more easily in bunkers and they wont provide bunker-like cover/protection.  

can't do anything about A/T guns firing at infantry--it's how LSA is coded, could take away all there weapons, but that might create other issues

#198: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:43 pm
    —
thanks for the reply cathartes....... interesting about the bunkers, but it does make sense. its just different from the old GJS. LSA is a different game of course.

as for the A/T guns firing at inf...well thats too bad that its hard coded into LSA.......it was obviously missed with Matrix. [ figures ] too bad because the A/T guns become a target for inf to fire at because the A/T gun has opened fire on them instead of waiting for hard targets.
no point in messing with them i guess unless we could play test the results, and taking away there rifles would leave them open to being over run by inf squads in close quarters.

#199: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Cathartes PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:26 am
    —
thanks for the reply cathartes....... interesting about the bunkers, but it does make sense. its just different from the old GJS. LSA is a different game of course.

as for the A/T guns firing at inf...well thats too bad that its hard coded into LSA.......it was obviously missed with Matrix. [ figures ] too bad because the A/T guns become a target for inf to fire at because the A/T gun has opened fire on them instead of waiting for hard targets.
no point in messing with them i guess unless we could play test the results, and taking away there rifles would leave them open to being over run by inf squads in close quarters.

Not that it was "missed,"  I would guess more that it's a function of needing the crew to be able to defend themselves against infantry, and where do you draw the line with an ambush-defensive perimeter?  Maybe it can be coded differently, but if you reduced it then there would have been complaints that AT guns were useless in defending themselves against enemy infantry.

#200: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:11 am
    —
You could code a new rifle in weapons.txt to have a max range of about 60-100 meters and have a special soldiers.txt line for "Gun Crew Mauser" or similar so that the weapon itself can't be used on long ranges. That way you can keep them from giving away their position and drawing attention from enemy troops.

#201: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:22 am
    —
well im pretty sure the A/T gun crew firing at inf with small arms and there A/T gun instead of waiting for hard targets as a priority, issue, has been addressed in the other CC games [ obviously not in LSA ] at one time or another and even in your original GJS. thats why i say it was missed by matrix.
i believe one fix was as Doctorpaj alludes too ...and this was probably in GJS? if i remember correctly ....was to only have the gun crew fire at other inf if the range was the min small arms fire range...IE: 30 meters...so that if the gun crew [ unless they were specifically ordered to fire at inf by the player in charge ] was assaulted by other inf squads, then at close range...30 m ...then the crew would open fire with small arms.
but i dont no how you stop the main gun from firing at inf instead of tanks 1st...which is also what the allied A/T guns are doing.

im resaonably confident that your going to get more complaints that the A/T guns expose themselves by firing at enemy inf instead of tanks than complaints that there gun was over run by enemy inf. in my experience because of the A/T gun fix, your prudent in having a squad of inf to protect your A/T gun....such as would be the case in real life.
so a fix if we can would be great  Very Happy

what im not 100% sure about is if the german A/T gun crews also do the same as the allied. the allied gun crews i no for 100% sure fire at other inf no matter what the range and use the main gun as well.
so maybe you can compare data....german vs allied.

i will try to varifie this soon. my german opponent doesnt use A/T guns very often other than the flak 88 which ive said before is invisible.

#202: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:26 am
    —
cathartes.......do you have an ETA on an update for your mod? Wink

#203: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:11 pm
    —
Why you have to like LSA; 2 Allied BG's attacking from two different entry VL's!!!

LSA GJS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  266.99 KB
 Viewed:  554 Time(s)

LSA GJS.jpg

#204: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:12 pm
    —
hey Cathartes.....any news on an update for your mod? Very Happy

#205: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:18 am
    —
Cathartes? any ETA when we can expect an update for your mod? Very Happy

#206: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Spud1889 PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:45 am
    —
Hi Team,

We have just finished playing this mod H2H and have now swapped sides.  My buddy initially played the allies and was constantly moaning, now I am the allies I can see why.  We are playing with moral off and when the allies attack the germans who often have superior unit equipment (once through the beach defenses) and points they often will wipe out the attacking unit.  For example my armour unit goes in (can field 5 tanks or varying quality maybe two fireflies) finds they are up against 10 panthers and fittingly get wiped out however I am happy as I have killed a few of these panthers and think my unit will return at 75% strength, and can then have another go at whittling down this unit.  (there are about four of these super units and a couple that can have 8-10 Mark IV) so the only thing to do is engage them and wear them down over the course of the month.

Anyway it turns out that my disbanded unit does not return and therefore for the loss of a few panthers for the germans they have effectively wiped out 20+ allied tanks 50+ allied infantry and support units.

When we first played while I was the germans the tank losses were around the same 175 allied tanks and 170 german tanks, yet given the amount of allied units who disbanded and never returned that accounted for all the allied tanks while the germans still had around 50 left and therefore the allies were crushed.  So while the allies outnumber the germans if their units do not respawn, these 3-5 strong german units can wipe out allies at will.  
Either the allies need to be given more points, vehicle slots, equipment quality to match the germans or respawning disbanded units needs to be put in

#207: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:19 am
    —
spud 1889
LSA is supposed to be played with morale on, so the BG will break on low morale before the bg is wiped out. with morale on the BG will then take territory and VL loss, and the BG lives to fight another day.
LSA GJS needs to be played with morale ON also....other wise as you have discouvered a defeated BG does not come back.
playing with morale ON does make the game harder to play per say...as you dont get to ...in most cases...disband a BG...so it will make playing as the allies harder and to take territory harder.
playing with morale OFF and having BG's disband, should help the allies in theory, but because the game as it is is so scewed to the german side right now it screws the allies...and typically the allies have a real hard time fighting the german tank bg's with there 10 vehicle slots and there unrealistic amount of points and equipment.
[ the allies have only 2 real tank BG's with large inf support VS...what 8 ? german tank BG's. the allies also have the IND tank BDE's but these typacally have to be merged with another BG to be real affective and you can get screwed by merging with the wrong size / type of BG ]
cathartes thought he had LSA GJS with returning 'disbanded BG's but as it turns out he was wrong. i dont think you can have disbanded BG's come back in LSA or any LSA mod.

as you say...you know why the allied player moans when playing this mod. the allies NEED to be tweaked and the germans tonned down.
i will play the germans on elite or vet next time and the allied on green or recruit. this will tone down the germans some BUT cathartes really really needs to address all the issues listed in this post to make this mod shine like it could.
the panthers are almost unstoppable with an experieced german player at the helm. theres not enough fireflys and 17 pdrs to counter them and the allied inf ..just sucks..against the huge amount of veteran german inf they have availible to them.

so as i suggest...in ur next game put the germans on elite and perhaps have a house rule in regards to amount of panthers the german can field in a bg...say 3 or 4 at the most??
after all the germans were supposed to be a bit short on some of the equipment that could field at any given time in normandy and the allies had all the men and equip they wanted. this is not reflected well in the messed up point system that reared its ugly head in this mod.

#208: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Spud1889 PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:17 am
    —
Cheers Steiner, will give that a crack and see if it has a better flow

#209: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: Amgot PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:34 pm
    —
Hi Cathartes, I'm eagerly waiting for an update to GJS before starting a new GC! Any idea on when you'll have some free time to work on fixing the few issues that there are with the original LSA release?

Thanks for all your work.

#210: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:17 am
    —
cathartes? any ETA on an update............ Shocked

#211: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:15 am
    —
spud1889..........does the game flow better on those settings?

anyone else want cathartes to try and get an update out for his mod? sound off Gents  Very Happy

#212: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:29 pm
    —
so im guessing this is pretty much dead then?? is it written off?  Sad

too bad...it had REAL potential.........SNIFFFFFFFFF  Sad

i guess ill move on to something else............

#213: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:33 am
    —
Defeinitely would like to see Cathartes do an update for some of the reported issues with the mod!

#214: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: GameRat PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:05 pm
    —
Hi,
Steiner and I have restarted work on Operation Perch for GJS LSA, and things are looking good in my opinion.
The changes made for Perch are intended to resolve some issues for GJS also, but further testing is required to see if it has the desired effect.

We'll release this as a seperate Operation to add to GJS, or with Chathartes permission ... as a new release with Perch included.

Here is the readme for the latest version:

Operation Perch version 7.2:

Changes to GJS for Operation Perch:

Battle Groups:
-Several German Armor BG's type changed to Armor/Infantry, in order to limit the ratio of German armor compared to Allied
-Some Allied Armour/Infantry BG's start with more armor in Active Rosters,
which helps balance points and strength compared with German BG's
-Allied Armour BG's active roster now have more armour units
-Unlocked more slots for Allied Armour BG's. Therefore, more armour slots
and also option to borrow infantry units from another BG when both are on same map.

Allied and German teams:
-Allied Medium Mortar selectable in all Active Roster columns
-German 8cm Mortar available in all Active Roster columns
-Vickers MMG selectable in all Active Roster columns
-Allied Morale and Experience increased in some cases and balanced overall
-Piat added to Bren Section Teams
-Gammon added to Allied: Rifle Group, Platoon Cmd, and Company Cmd teams

Weapons:
-Added Artillery Support for Allies
-Guns' accuracy increased by 5% (to max of 431)
-Pz Schreck and Piat accuracy increased by 5%. Piat penetration potential increased
-Vickers accuracy increased by 5%
-MG42 accuracy decreased by 10%, and penetration potential decreased by 45%
-Hull MG's accuracy decreased by 10%
-Coax MG's accuracy decreased by 5%
-Rifles accuracy increased to max of 431, sniper variants to 476
-Rifles penetration potential increased by 50%
-Rifles PB and Close ranges increased
-Pz Schreck and Piat: PB and Close ranges increased
-17 pdr penetration potential increased by 10%
-M10's turret does not rotate, in order to help stop excessive hunting while targeting
-M10 turret AA 50cal MG rotates 360, to help stop excessive hunting while targeting
-Blast radious decreased for German 10.5cm and 15cm
-Slight longer delay firing time for Medium Mortars

-larger explosion graphic for grenade and rifle grenade
-larger soldier size graphics, same as stock game

Sound:
-grenade throw
-MG42
-med mortar
-flame thrower
-round bouncing off armor
-280mm mortar
-added faust sound, and made reference to it in the weapons.txt file

Campaign:
-Removed Air Support completely, due to suspected game crashes

Credits:
Thanks to Cathartes (and team) for GJS - CC LSA
Tweaking GJS after version 6.0: Steiner, GameRat

Last edited by GameRat on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total

#215: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: GameRat PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:06 am
    —
edit

Last edited by GameRat on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

#216: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: GameRat PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 am
    —
hiding behind hedge while Panther leaves area, and then moved in for single rear shot kill as his turret swings to shoot.
it's a rare opportunity and fortunate it hit on first shot ... even with these edits, a Panther knock out usually cost 2 or 3 Sherman and a FF destroyed/damaged.

Last edited by GameRat on Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Panther hit.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  806.49 KB
 Viewed:  451 Time(s)

Panther hit.jpg

#217: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: GameRat PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:03 am
    —
edit

#218: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:26 pm
    —
looking good Wink

#219: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:03 am
    —
i have noticed that the Kdo.SdKfz 250/10 doesnt give any command bonus. it must be a bug. can sombody tell me what table i need to modify to change that

#220: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 5:52 am
    —
The value in Axsteams Column W (Soldier 0 Type) needs to be changed from 3 (Asst Leader) to 4 (Commander)

#221: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:08 am
    —
Thank you mick_xe5! i had to change that for all axis Kdo. versions. they all head a 3 (asst leader) insetad of a  4 (commander).

I am also wondering why the 8cm sdkfz mortar shoots so slow? i just timed it an it takes 47 sec for a seen battle unit to fire, reload and fire again. the infantry version shoots every 20 sec. is this intentional? i dont see why the sdkfz would take more than doubble the time to reload. where do i change that it the data sheet?

I am going to make some corrections to the data sheets as i am head to heading my way through gjs. if somebody wants my updated data sheets just tell me where to put it. i will also keep log of all the changes I have made. nothing big just correcting small mistakes mainly.

#222: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:05 am
    —
Weapons.txt file columns H, I, J & K all control aspects involving rate of fire

H - Time to chamber a new round from clip (in 1/10 sec).  Range = 0+
I - Time to reload a new clip (in 1/10 sec).  Range = 0+
J - Time to fire the weapon (in 1/10 sec).  Range = 0+
K - Time to setup the weapon after moving (in 1/10 sec).  Range = 0+

eg. a value of 50 in 1/10th sec increments = 5 secs

#223: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 3:45 pm
    —
there is only one 8cm mortar in the woapons table. i cant seem to find the version that is mounted on the sdkfz halftruck.

#224: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:28 pm
    —
The GJS 8cm is weapon class 20 and is used on vehicles and in ground teams. It is mounted on the SdKfz 250/7 and 251/2 as Turret Gun 1 in Vehicles.txt column BJ. The difference in rates of fire is that even though both the vehicle and ground versions have 3 man crews, in the vehicles one crewman is driving, the crew leader is manning the mg leaving one guy to do all the work on the 8cm. In the ground 8cm units all 3 crewmen work the tube.

8cm.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.02 KB
 Viewed:  11767 Time(s)

8cm.jpg

#225: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:32 pm
    —
ok understood.  the launcher shoots so slow that it almost makes no sense to take it. is there some way that i can make the crew leader who is manning the mg assist the gunner? that way at least 2 of the 3 will work the tube.

#226: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:44 pm
    —
Mortars have always been a contentious issue between people who wanted to play a game, and people who wanted to play a simulator. There's been countless debates over the years. In this case I think the scales are tipping towards simulator based on the fact you can't even fire all the rounds in the standard game length of 15-30mins. (If you play Gateway to Caen, its almost pointless to bring mortars as the scales are tipped entirely in favour of simulator.)

47 seconds is pretty long. Did you confirm reload time in the data sheet? To fire all 45 rounds you'd need continuous fire for 35minutes, not including expending your smoke rounds.

Is it possible the machine gunner assist the mortar and resort back to the mg when ammo is expended, or when there's green LOS to the target?

#227: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:00 pm
    —
as a note i am playing on medium speed. it is almost impossible to fire of all the rounds in a game that lasts 30 min.

the 8cm mortar sdkfz 250 halftruks in gtc fire at about the same speed as the infantry version. if i am not mistaking all crew members assist when the mortar is firing.

i have played a lot of differnt cc titles and i am confident to say, that in gtc the mortars fell just right!

#228: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:44 am
    —
One way to make the LSA/GJS HT mortars fire faster without also increasing the ground 8cm units rate of
fire is to create a second 8cm weapon entry in the Weapons file for the HTs. Stock LSA already has separate ground and vehicle mortar versions. The second HT weapon entry would then get lower (faster) time to reload, time to chamber new clip and time to fire values to equalize the discrepancy with the ground version. Then the vehicles file woul get updated so that the GE 8cm HTs would point to the new weapon entry as Turret Gun 1.

#229: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:24 pm
    —
thanks mick. good idea works like a charm.

where do i change the bg reinforcement schedule?

#230: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:11 pm
    —
In fpools.txt, per attached pic using only 501/101 as an example:

Cell A:8 specifies that 501/101 gets 2 turns of reinforcements. BGs with 0 in this location of their fpools entry get no reinforcements.
A:9 specifies the first reinforcement turn is 7 turns after this BG enters play.
B:9 specifies whether the BG needs to be in supply to get this turn of reinforcements. 0 = no supply needed. 1 = minor supply needed. 2 = major supply needed.
C:9 specifies whether to re-try a reinforcement tun if the BG doesnt meet the supply requirement. 0 = no re-try; 1 = re-try next turn.
D:9 specifies the first team class # in that turns reinforcement. -1 = no team class
E:9 specifies the quantity of the D:9 team class to be reinforced
F:9 specifies the second team class # in that turns reinforcement
G:9 specifies the quantity of the F:9 team class to be reinforced

Step and repeat for the rest of row 9. Row 10 specifies the same values for reinforcement turn 15.

fpools.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  56.37 KB
 Viewed:  11675 Time(s)

fpools.jpg

#231: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:08 am
    —
Thanks mick! big help!

since you seem to know what you are talking about, can you please explain to me how repair works?
assuming they are in full supply, when do vehicles get repaired? only over night? or after each battle? only when a resuply turn is planed?
when do vehicles count as damged? sometimes i see that they are damaged (main gun) in tacticl battle but in the after battle statistics they dont appear as damaged.
I have been playing hundreds of hours of cc and i still dont understand when this.

#232: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:56 am
    —
If a vehicle is damaged in battle but not noted as such in the Debrief stats I'd assume it was damaged. The stats arent always accurate.

The pertinent info on vehicle repair from p.56 in the LSA manual:
Quote:
All damaged tanks are assigned for field repair after each battle. 40% of damaged tanks can be made functional, but the rest are either too damaged for repair or are scrapped for parts to repair the 40% that survive.
Scrapped tanks and disbanded infantry units must be replaced from the unit’s reserve
Forcepool.
Note: Repair and resupply occurs at the end of every strategic turn.
Battle Groups out of supply have reduced chance of repairing damaged vehicles or replacing infantry losses.

#233: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:29 pm
    —
i dont know about the stats not bein corrrect. there seem to be a correaltion between vehicles that are immobilzed or tracked and vehicles that are counted as damaged in the after battel stats.
also are units that repaired left in the aktiv roster? or are they returned to forcepool once they are repaired? at what stage does the repaired yes/no check happen. can that be modified in the data tables?

The manual states that infantry units that have taken 50% or less losses are replaced at the end of each battle. The aktive roster only seems to be filled back up over night and not after every strtegic turn. or am i missunderstanding strategic turn?

#234: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:24 pm
    —
As it turns out from some preliminary testing, the Repair and Replacement function and description is confusing, contradictory and possibly bugged.

The stats are not correct if my tank takes battle damage and loses its main gun but that event is not shown on the Debrief screen.

The stats are not correct if 3 vehicles (a tank, an armored car and a halftrack) are immobilized at the start of battle for lack of fuel, only the tank is listed in the Debrief stats as damaged but both the tank and armored car are removed from the active roster at the end of the strategic turn. Firstly, how is running out of fuel considered damage? The 5 minute field expedient is to drain fuel from another vehicle to get the empty vehicle running again.

There is contradiction and confusion in the Repair and Replacement section of the manual. Consider the two following sentences:

1. Any infantry unit that has 50% or more of its soldiers killed or seriously wounded is disbanded,
and its survivors are either sent to other units or rotated to the rear.

2. After a battle, units with less than 50% personnel strength are automatically returned to the
Forcepool, and their soldiers are used to fill out losses in other teams.

IMO, 'disbanded' and 'returned to the forcepool' are not the same. Disbanded should mean removed from the forcepool. '50% or more' in #1 is not the same parameter as 'less than 50%' in #2 because it doesnt indicate what happens to units with exactly 50% loss.

Also, 'Note: Repair and resupply occurs at the end of every strategic turn' is confusing because resupply and replacement are different. Resupply does take place at the end of every strategic turn but the Supply system is a different section of the manual so why mention it here and omit mentioning the timing of replacements.

The check whether a tank needs repair happens at the end of every strategic turn. The check as to whether it actually gets repaired and returned to the forcepool roster should happen at the beginning of every new day. However, night turns are the first (beginning) turn of the day but the repair system seems to use the first daylight turn of the day.

Part of the problem with the manual may be because the section on Repair and Replacement dates back to CC4 and portions of that section have been recycled without questioning whether they makes sense or still apply to the current game. Im going to do additional testing and try to resolve some of these issues more thoroughly.

#235: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:05 pm
    —
mick, very good analysis indeed. I absolutley agree with you! One point i am not quite sure about is the repair check. i bleive this check is done right after each battle. but then again this is jsut a feeling i got while doind some testing. i am also suspecting that the sheduled supplys have something to do with whether a unit gets repaired at all. i might be tottaly wrong. dont the data tables give some insight into this? you want  to post your last post on the official cc form? maybe steve from matrix can give us some insight?

#236: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:31 pm
    —
In my 'out of supply/immobilized vehicles' test all of the immobillized vehicles were removed from the active roster & forcepool and none were returned to the forcepool the next day. Having none of the fuel immobilized vehicles returned to the forcepoolis substantially different that the manual which says "Battle Groups out of supply have a reduced chance of repairing damaged vehicles or replacing infantry losses."

Only the tanks were listed on the Debrief stats as being damaged and the manual refers at one point only to tanks being repaired but at a different point to vehicles being repaired. This is where a custom 5 second game timer is most useful to cycle through turns more quickly.

I'm going to do more testing before putting this to Steve so he'll have a complete analysis of the situation and wont have to spend time he should be coding The Bloody First tracking down bugs and misstatements in an older title.

#237: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:31 pm
    —
i knew that there was something fishy! i would even dare to say that immobilized tanks dont get repaired at all, regardles of the supply situation. can you test that as well? if you need help testing just give me heads up!

#238: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 12:48 am
    —
In CC5 I remember this working. After the turn was complete I would check the active forcepool of a BG in the strategy screen if it was still there, sometimes it was, other times no. Sometimes vehicles were sent back into the fight damaged. This happened with cut-off units. You would be playing again with immo'd tanks and tanks with no main gun.

Tanks out of fuel were also considered damaged in the debrief screen but I don't remember losing them from the forcepool.

In multiplayer GCs this was a tactic used by the few that understood repair. You would damage a tank and bypass it playing the odds it would be gone next battle.

#239: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:32 am
    —
I think that's part of the problem - CC5 had one strat turn per day so if the vehicle was removed the next turn then it was considered a repair loss. If it stayed then it ostensibly had been repaired. The WAR/TLD/LSA manuals werent updated fully to reflect multiple turns per day.

The fact that unrepaired vehicles remained in the CC5 active roster is sort of historical  but Im sure players couldnt stand not being able to tell if a vehicle was still damaged in the Req phase especially when they could have repaired it themselves simply by cycling it back through the forcepool.

Even if a reproducible repair bug can be provided to Matrix/Slitherine its only going to be added to the existing maybe someday bug list.

#240: Re: GJS-LSA bugs: Supply bug Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:30 am
    —
The scenario setup and conditions shown on the attached pic should have created Low (red) Ammo/Fuel status with black out of supply X's for both BGs. Neither side controls its depot nor does it control an exit VL to its depot. Instead, both BGs have high Ammo/Fuel status (green) and have full incoming supply (green +'s).

Also ran across this tidbit concerning Repair in the Supply section of the manual:

Battle Groups whose ammunition supply reaches None only replace infantry or repair damaged vehicles 75% of the time.

Since 40% of damaged tanks can be made functional in BGs with ammo levels above none this seems like a bonus for running out of ammo. More likely its 75% of 40% = 30% chance for BGs with no ammo to repair vehicles.

NoSupply.jpg
 Description:
Full supply when both BGs s/b low and out of supply
 Filesize:  99.17 KB
 Viewed:  11532 Time(s)

NoSupply.jpg

#241: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TWJunky PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:26 am
    —
how do i change the battle timer to 5sec?

#242: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:25 am
    —
Open the save file in a hex editor and, assuming the original timer was 15 minutes, change the value 28 23 on the first line to 32 00.

The first value (byte) in the save file determines which side youre playing - 00=Allied; 01=Axis. There are are a lot of ways to customize an Op/GC only available by hex editing save files.

#243: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: stienerLocation: Gibsons B.C. canada PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:40 pm
    —
typically I number all my tanks when I play, so that I can tell weather they come back after being damaged ...immobilized etc. in my experience the manual appears correct. about 40% of the time damaged tanks etc come back to the active roster.

#244: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TweedLocation: vodka, bears, snow PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:06 pm
    —
Hi everybody. I'm playing this wonderfull mod 7.3 as Allies vs German AI.
I love LSA features - stacking BGs and point buying system. They brought wonderful new strategical and tactical dimensions for the gameplay. Encircling, cutting supplies,  attacking from different directions, borrowing units, changing frontline BG without losing grabbed ground - everything simulates the real combat.

However, disbanded BGs, which never come back, --  ruin fun completely.

As a human I manage BGs deployment and movement in a way which allows arrival of new BGs and retreat of defeated BGs.

However, AI completely fails with strategic movement and deployment. Several times I was able to fend of AI's attacking BG and AI's BG was disbanded because the map this BG was attacking from was already occupied by two another BGs. Absorbing units from disbanded BG doesnt compensate this - AI fails to deploy armor, absorbed from disbanded BG, into active roster of infantry BG, which absorbed the remnants of armored BG.
Losing a BG as separate unit in such way - is unfair and unrealisctic.

Can anything be done about this? Does anybody face the same problem?

IMHO,  the best gameplay mechanics should be as follows:
1. If a BG is unable to retreat because the map is occupied by friendly BGs - it should be disbanded and reappear at supply deport. The following happens with its forcepool:
- if blocked retreatment route was to uncontested map - nothing lost from the forcepool. So, the penalty is time and deterioration of strategic position.
- if blocked retreatment route was to contested map - 30% of its forcepool is lost.
2. Only BGs cut of supply are disbanded forever. In this case following happens with the forcepool of disbanded BG:
- if a BG (or two) completely surrounded by uncontested enemy ground -  everything is lost from the forcepool.
- if there is friendly BGs in any adjacent map - 50% of infantry units is absorbed by friendly BGs, 100% of armour/vechicles/guns is lost if fuel=0, or 20% absorbed if fuel>0.

Can the above be modded?

Or is it possible to mod 3-5 stacked BGs on one map?

#245: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 pm
    —
Disbanded BGs can be modded to return the next day at the nearest available friendly supply depot by opening /Data/Base/Campaign.txt and toggling the #Misc. options/features>#Recycle Disbanded BGs from 0 (= Never come back) to 1 (= Return next day).

The above is an all or nothing edit. Either disbanded BGs are absorbed (0) or return later (1). No way to mod 3-5 BGs per map or contested map/out-of-supply penalties without re-writing the game code.

#246: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: TweedLocation: vodka, bears, snow PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:59 pm
    —
mick_xe5 wrote (View Post):
Disbanded BGs can be modded to return the next day at the nearest available friendly supply depot by opening /Data/Base/Campaign.txt and toggling the #Misc. options/features>#Recycle Disbanded BGs from 0 (= Never come back) to 1 (= Return next day).

The above is an all or nothing edit. Either disbanded BGs are absorbed (0) or return later (1). No way to mod 3-5 BGs per map or contested map/out-of-supply penalties without re-writing the game code.

I have seen somewhere, that (1) toggling from 0 to 1 will return BG only if it initially entered the map with supply depot and (2) BG will not try to reenter and will be lost forever if the map is already occupied.

Does this mean that playing GJS-LSA vs AI is worthless and unchallenging, compared to GJS-TLD or CC5?
I have all of them but didnt try GJS GC elsewhere except LSA

#247: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: mick_xe5 PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:45 pm
    —
Tweed wrote (View Post):
I have seen somewhere, that (1) toggling from 0 to 1 will return BG only if it initially entered the map with supply depot
Im not sure about this but will test and let you know.

Quote:
and (2) BG will not try to reenter and will be lost forever if the map is already occupied.
The same parameters that apply to reinforcing BGs...
"17.9 - If the Reinforcement Battle Group is trying to arrive on a designated map, but cannot because there was another friendly Battle Group on the map, it finds the closest open “friendly” supply depot to it’s initial deploy map and deploys there."
...should also apply to returning (reforming) disbanded BGs. Again, easy enough to test. The manual mentions in the 17.9 header 'Reforming' but doesnt define what it is. From previous CCversions you'd assume it was disbanded BGs that are returning at 0600 the next day and BGs that retreated off the strategic map via an off-map exit VL.

Quote:
Does this mean that playing GJS-LSA vs AI is worthless and unchallenging, compared to GJS-TLD or CC5?
I have all of them but didnt try GJS GC elsewhere except LSA
The strategic AI is lacking in all versions. One trick I use is to switch sides every other strat turn, make that sides strat moves, execute, then if Im controlling the enemy that turn, SAVE and switch back. This alternates each side getting smart strat moves (me)  with not so smart (AI) at the small expense of knowing a little more about the enemy strategic positioning. The Save Edit tool makes switching sides easy as well as changing scenario options.

#248: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 am
    —
This thread contains a discussion on BG spawning:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11191&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

#249: Re: GJS-LSA bugs, suggestions, and comments thread Author: GameRat PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:36 am
    —
"I will put this in the bug database to evaluate next time there's work scheduled on the old releases.

Steve"

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3716292&mpage=2&key=

BG's not returning is a game bug, as seen in the Matrix link above. Maybe Matrix will fix the bug at some time. Until then, it is what it is.

But GJS 8.0 has this option enabled, and also changed two Allied minor depots to major depots ... so all Allied BG's should return if disbanded and in supply.
For H2H play this may be an ok work around for the bug, since Allies are usually attacking into high risk of disbandment areas and are more likely to get disbanded ... at least during first half of Campaign.

German BG's are not so easy to fix since their arrival to the Strategic map is not at major depots maps at Strat map edge.

German BG's arrival to certain areas of the Strat map at a specific time is essential to game play ... but it is logically  possible to re position German BG's backwards to major depot maps at Strat map edge (keeping same time to front arrivals).  The exception is for some BG's during the first day of two ... since they need to be closer to the beach to make contact, without Allies getting too far inland.

As for single player games ... AI doesn't move very smart on the Strategic map. And about German AI not using enough Armor units ... you can edit your opponent and add in the Armor (if available). Not as good as Multiplayer, but CC has some intrinsic, less than ideal, functions.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1