Video capture?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Video capture? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:26 pm
    —
What's the best FREE Video capture software to use?

Google search can be such a pain in the arse and I just hate the download installers that comes with a lot of that crap.

Any chance you got a proven one to use,and better yet can/would Mooxe be willing to add one to the download section?

#2: Re: Video capture? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:57 pm
    —
Yeah I'll add one if you find one. I think FRAPS is the best one out there, I am sure its not free though.

#3: Re: Video capture? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:06 pm
    —
Check out www.Twitch.tv. Live streaming in up to 1080p of your desktop, with audio!

#4: Re: Video capture? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:39 pm
    —
I used CamStudio to make my first video on youtube. Its a free software, you have to find your ideal settings and codecs as what works in one machine may not work in another.

EDIT: site http://camstudio.org/

#5: Re: Video capture? Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:25 pm
    —
It would be nice to have some tips. For what I know, even 3 minutes of video can weight like 30g. Thats just too much for my machine. How can I get a compressed video?

#6: Re: Video capture? Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:19 pm
    —
Ivan. Yes, software like Fraps doesn't compress, and so a minute video = 1GB.

If you're looking for software that compresses its files, I'd recommend Bandicam. It isn't free, but it does compress videos size. It's also similar price/cheaper than Fraps, and records audio. At 1080p, a typical 30 minute video (designed for youtube, so 30fps) of PitF is just over 1GB.

#7: Re: Video capture? Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:04 pm
    —
Thank you! I will have a look at that software.
Now go and continue your PITF Let's play!  Laughing  Wink

#8: Re: Video capture? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:37 pm
    —
HyperCam seems to work but like Pzt_Kanov said finding the right screen resolution is hard.

I don't know how to compress the file yet but I know my PC doesn't like the highest setting :(

I've been using the search engine at YouTube to find one until someone comes up with something better.

#9: Re: Video capture? Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:07 am
    —
I also vote for Bandicam...easy to use...great capture and good compression.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1