Update thread
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

#21: Re: Update thread Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:26 pm
    —
Here's a fantastic model and various photos in the attached archive:

Last edited by tripwire on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

#22: Re: Update thread Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:25 pm
    —
Hi Tripwire, thanks for the reply but I am looking for an in-game vehicle graph. I am sure there must be a mod that has already featured the SturmTiger. Can anyone point me in the direction? Same for the Hetzer.
Thanks,

#23: Re: Update thread Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:40 pm
    —
I remember while playing, Operation Market Garden mod of TLD, I came across Sturmtiger and Ferdinand. It possibly features Hetzer, too. And just for Hetzer, WAR original or VetBoB mods could be used I suppose. By the way, in the matrix forum I saw a post from 2012 which informs people about the upcoming mod, did you really include Pershing tank? :)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3062372

Last edited by ke_mechial on Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#24: Re: Update thread Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:47 pm
    —
I only have line drawings of the Sturmtiger top view, maybe you could try and paint them.

As for the Hetzer, could you use this?

EDIT: Found one for the Sturmtiger but it's not a very good resolution:
http://militarymodels.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/PPA5096.jpg
http://www.panzerfux.de/panzerfux_e/prodpic/1-35-Camo-Mask-for-Sturmtiger-J-s-Work-PPA-5096_b_0.JPG

#25: Re: Update thread Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:32 pm
    —
Hey guys,

Thanks for your interest in our project. I added a picture of the newest map I have made for the mod its a town Erkelenz just behind the rur river. It was a major crossroads an communication center in the German defense. This town gave acces to the routes to Mönchen-Gladbach and Venlo. I'm now on about 75% of the coding work. When that is done I will get to work on a stratmap and detailing of the maps.

@ke_mechial: Yes it is true that I posted that. Pete and I have discussed this subject. How things are looking right now I fear it wont be included into the mod as the Pershing tank doesn't seem to be used in combat operations noth of the line Aachen - Cologne.

Cheers Buck

Erkelenz.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.54 MB
 Viewed:  491 Time(s)

Erkelenz.jpg

#26: Re: Update thread Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:08 pm
    —
Beautiful map, Buck!  I really love your map work.

#27: Re: Update thread Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:14 am
    —
@Buck_Compton:

Nice map! hope to play on it soon...

Yeah, for the sake of historical realism, pershing no problem....

#28: Re: Update thread Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:31 pm
    —
ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
I remember while playing, Operation Market Garden mod of TLD, I came across Sturmtiger and Ferdinand. It possibly features Hetzer, too. And just for Hetzer, WAR original or VetBoB mods could be used I suppose. By the way, in the matrix forum I saw a post from 2012 which informs people about the upcoming mod, did you really include Pershing tank? :)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3062372

Sorry, was confused, not "Operation Market Garden mod of TLD", A Bridge too Far mod for WAR Smile

#29: Re: Update thread Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:18 pm
    —
The map looks great Buck_Compton!

#30: Re: Update thread Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:17 pm
    —
Turns out that Buck already had a very nice vehicle graph of the SturmTiger. The Hetzer image I found in Firefox's 1946 mod is also very useful but I am going try the image found by Ivan_Zaitzev too.
Thanks guys.

#31: Re: Update thread Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:37 pm
    —
New toys for the boys in the mod!!!

#32: Re: Update thread Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:45 pm
    —
I think it's worth mentioning that the Sturmtiger actually saw combat in front of Udem and was at the time attached to the 115th Pz.Gr.Division.

#33: Re: Update thread Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:50 pm
    —
Pete, there is a Hetzer in GJS 4.4 for CC5 (although unused in the game).
Auhm, to be a nitpick: the tank destoyer in question isn't officialy called 'Hetzer', it's actually Jagdpanzer 38(t).
Hetzer was a project name/code name for a new TD based on the future E-10 standard panzer body.  :wink:

Just curious, how does your vehicles look like? Anything like GJS? Those are my absolute favourites ;)

Btw, any idea how long the Sturm Tigers stayed with the 15.PzGr?

#34: Re: Update thread Author: PeteLocation: Nijmegen, Netherlands PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:09 am
    —
I have got now 2 or 3 versions of the Jagdpanzer 38(t) (i was avoiding that name because I don't like typing it) , including the one from WAR. I have not yet compared them with the GJS vehicles.
I don't have all the info on the Sturmtigers yet. I know there were 6 of them and some or most of them had to be blown up by the Germans because they became immobilized in the mud... (What do you expect from a 68 metric ton vehicle) . I think I will just include them in the 115th PzGrDivision battle group.

#35: Re: Update thread Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:29 am
    —
Perhaps instead of blowing up bridges as a feature you could add a "Blowing up SturmTigers" feature.  Razz

#36: Re: Update thread Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:34 am
    —
May I ?    :wink:

The picture is a bit zoomed in, open the picture and you get the right scale. And it looks better  Wink

Tanks.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.32 KB
 Viewed:  340 Time(s)

Tanks.jpg

#37: Re: Update thread Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:59 pm
    —
Those look good Gunsche!

Now if only Atomic/Matrix had kept the CC3/COI zoomed in feature we could actually play with tanks at that size (if in a city/forest/etc., as out in the open you want to see as far away as possible)....

#38: Re: Update thread Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:14 pm
    —
to Buck Compton: very detailed map. It's excellent. Only seems to me a bit too dark, but maybe it's just an impression (I speak about the brightness, the colors choice it's very good for me). I'm very interested about this 1945 western front mod (the first about this timeline in the western front).
After have finished this mod, can I suggest to port the Scheldt mod to TLD or LSA? Like Ortona, seems to me a real gem, but I have abandoned CC5 for various gameplay reasons.
Thanks for your constant work (Buck and Pete).

Drizzt

#39: Re: Update thread Author: Buck_ComptonLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:21 pm
    —
Hello Dirzzt,

Thanks for your post it is always nice to hear that people are interested in our projects. Regarding the brightness I do not believe that colors would a bit darker especially at the end of the winter. Everything changed in one big mud pool. About porting the Scheldt, yes Peter and I have been discussing about it. It is on our list doing that. But we have a couple more projects on our list we would like to do. The same will obviously go for Ortona.

Cheers Buck and thank you again.

#40: Re: Update thread Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:46 pm
    —
One minor criticism, the chimney shadows should be over the roofs.

Close Combat Series -> Rhineland '45

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  :| |:
Page 2 of 7