CC2 Map Help
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#21: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:26 pm
    —
Thank you. I'm still trying to get to it but nothings.

EDIT: Finally! After a lot of tweaking, the first operation is working, kinda...

#22: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:39 pm
    —
Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):
Thank you. I'm still trying to get to it but nothings.

EDIT: Finally! After a lot of tweaking, the first operation is working, kinda...

Tell me HOW you did it Shocked

#23: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:15 am
    —
It's pretty simple. You must go to Mafi's site (http://closecombat2.npage.de/) and download a guide called CC2Guide-NewBattlesMaps-v6.pdf in the "Guides & Tools" section. You will find there everything you need to know.

Basically you have to edit:
data\base\batnames to get the name you want for each battle and operation to display in the game
data\ops\XX\ops where XX is the operation you are editing, to edit which maps are part of that operation, how they are linked, dates, etc.

Also you must edit:
data\battles\XX\Scenario This file has the deployment and victory locations information of each individual map to be used in the operations.
For new maps, this file can be created with CCBmaker, you will find it in Mafi's site in the "Guides & Tools" section. I think each folder must have the same number as the map (for map300, folder 300). The ones with a 1 before it's name are for single battles only. Inside data\battles\XX\ you will find the OOB (aloob) and the Force Pool for your troops with the reinforcements (alreq).

Maybe I'm forgetting something, I recommend you to read that guide first, it's really all you need. I was having trouble because I was working with a preexisting mod and the OOBs where a little mixed up but the process is simple once you know what files to edit.
One last note, you can edit this files with Microsoft Excell, but I personally use Notepad++

Hope this helps!

#24: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:30 pm
    —
Just a quick update. Been working on it for an hour or so. Took your advice, but I can't get it to work. The op appears in the list, with a picture of the first map, but when I click on it, it crashes to desktop after telling me there's an error.

I think I've missed something or put the wrong number somewhere. Will try again soon.

#25: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:07 am
    —
If each individual map works, then I'm guessing it could be:
a) The Scenario file inside "data\battles\XX\Scenario", have you created a new one with Mafi's tool? You have to do this for every map in the operation.
b) The OOB, this is a long shot but maybe you are using an old OOB with fixed units (Son Town, Son Bridge) and those units can't be deployed correctly.

#26: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:35 pm
    —
Yes I have. Although it might be the second one...

What I'll do is delete both files and start again from scratch (since I've probably messed up somewhere) and hope it all falls into place.

#27: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:43 pm
    —
Is there a limit to the number of Operations you can have? I'm getting the same error I got with the battles.

#28: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:17 pm
    —
You can only have 4 operations per sector and 5 battles per operation (6 for Mac). But you can't have more than 50 battles. Looks like as it is, only the Eindhoven sector can accommodate a new operation.

If nothing works, I would suggest you to do a backup and try putting your new maps in existing folders and edit a current operation.

#29: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:45 pm
    —
Well, I went back and sorted out the error I was having. Now I'm just getting a crash to desktop without an error message.

PROGRESS  Laughing

In the early days of making the first map, I'd removed a battle from CC2 in order to get it to work (which, it turns out, you don't need to do). I've replaced the map to solve that issue, but now I'm just getting a CTD.

I think though it may be something to do with the OOB you mentioned earlier. Maybe I'm being stupid here, but how do I edit a aloob and axoob files for an Operation??

#30: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:02 am
    —
You must edit \data\ops\XX and make sure that the aloob and axoob in each battle in \data\battles\XX are empty between the @ and the #.

PS: We can check it together tomorrow after our battle.  Wink

#31: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:42 am
    —
What? Completely empty as in all -1's?

Haha ok Very Happy

#32: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:23 am
    —
No, like this:

Code:
41                  Version
44   9   17   13         Date of reinforcements
Team         Forced Setup         
Class   Rank   Mega-X   Mega-Y   Dir   Map   
&                  
@

#33: Re: CC2 Map Help Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:20 pm
    —
OK I clearly got that wrong. But still getting a crash.

Just realised, I think it's because I've messed up the graphics for the operation map and probably not done it right.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2