Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: CCMT MP Community Project Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:37 am
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 pm
    —
Volunteer!

#3: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:50 am
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total

#4: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:27 pm
    —
Good initiative Stwa!

I will help any way I can. Would be cool to get some MP or even SP going with CCMT.

Could you outline what you think would be needed in those plugins to make it work?

S

#5: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: nikin PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:09 pm
    —
CCMT - old junk. Use CC Marines Antiterrorism.

#6: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:37 am
    —
Arrow

#7: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:39 am
    —
Arrow

#8: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: nikin PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:00 am
    —
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1552338

#9: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: Stwa PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:01 am
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

#10: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: eniced73 PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:51 pm
    —
I am in but not sure what I can help with besides playtesting.  No experience modding CC here.

#11: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:12 pm
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total

#12: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: Pzt_CrackwiseLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 am
    —
I remember Mooxe mentioning these 5 v 5 or 3 v 3 games he had once with CC Marines. He always regards them perhaps the most fun CC experience he had. And I can definitely understand why.

But as far as I can remember, Mooxe and some other people used to say that CCMT MP was quite broken and it was almost impossible to have a decent MP battle without any crashes what so ever.

So to make it work I guess you need to change the original coding of the game or something similar. So I doubt it will be a short term project.

I am not sure but I think people used to say that the original game CC Marines given by the Marine Corps Gazette was better and less bug-free than the Matrix commercial release CCMT. But yeah, I think Mooxe is the one to consult here first : )

Still, I would be very excited to play such a thing. I hope you guys can manage this thing Stwa.

Cheers.

#13: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:22 pm
    —
Yes it was fun for sure. There was a few things that made everything frustrating, and they are in no particular order. These points are generally for the original from the USMC.

- Some of the guys did not ensure their routers were good beforehand. This added over an hour to game setup times.
- Scrolling the map with your mouse made the setup timer double in speed, you had to use arrows or click the minimap.
- All friendly units on the minimap were the same colour. So you have 45 blue squares on the map, you couldn't tell who was who.
- When combat was close quarter, like men stacked on men it was difficult to find your own guys. You were able to click your teams guys, once you right clicked to issue orders you'd found they belonged to your ally. Something was wrong with the click-drag mass select function to when men were all crawling on top of each other.... can't remember all the details to this.
- If a player disconnected all his unit would just stop. At the very least they should go to defend/ambush mode. The best option would have them given to an ally for control.
- No game enforcable requisition system. In other words, you could do 45 tank vs 45 tanks. Sounds fun but that's too much relying on tank luck to me.
- No balanced multiplayer battles. Nobody's fault but our own.
- Maps was to huge. During one game, where the winning team was clear (mine) our opponents used the size of the map for their gain. They ran and hid. We just selected all our forces to move fast to the bottom corner of the map. Their tactic was sound, but its not fun hunting down small squads of infantry on a huge map.
- Arty strikes very effective against troops. The majority of maps were huge, with open or wooded terrain.. not much cover. You had to cover long distances with the threat of losing all your guys to one hit. Probably realistic, but didn't make it fun.

Now I am totally willing to do this again. We'd need at least four guys willing to meet at the same time on GameRanger.

I wish we had a pre-made battle!

#14: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:33 pm
    —
An attempt I made a few years ago to play online. Nobody came.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=259&mode=thread&order=0&thold=-1

#15: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:54 pm
    —
Arrow

Last edited by Stwa on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total

#16: Re: CCMT MP Community Project Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:04 pm
    —
Arrow

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1