Defending troops set to Ambush
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Defending troops set to Ambush Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:43 pm
    —
Hello. I'm having a bit of a problem with CCV. Most of the time, when I'm playing online and I set my troops on defend, they set themselves in ambush. I have to babysit all my troops and make them fire manually because I have two ambush commands instead of a defend and an ambush one.
Has someone encounter this before?

Picture 2013-09-14 14_22_39.png
 Description:
Here you can see a batle where I was destroyed. One of the reasons was that my troops wouldn't shoot because they set themselves in ambush, as you can see.
 Filesize:  1.37 MB
 Viewed:  6284 Time(s)

Picture 2013-09-14 14_22_39.png

#2: Re: Defending troops set to Ambush Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:37 am
    —
If you give them a crawl (sneak) command they will go to ambush when they are finished moving. Is this what is happening?

#3: Re: Defending troops set to Ambush Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 pm
    —
Not come across this myself - probably because I hardly ever sneak. Do you have this problem in other games or just CC5?

#4: Re: Defending troops set to Ambush Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:00 pm
    —
It's not related to crawling. As you can see in the attached picture of the first post, the selected unit is set to Defend and is displaying the blue arch, but in the soldier monitor it's set to ambush and it behaves like ambush.
I think it only afects CC5, I haven't played a lot of LSA to be sure.

#5: Re: Defending troops set to Ambush Author: mikwarleo PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 am
    —
Generally speaking setting your troops to defend is trouble. There's no simple way to explain this, it's something that will come with experience, the GJS Strat Guide might help a lot?

If they have those blue arches like shown in your original picture they're in defend mode. Though often in defend mode they'll not fire when they're able to fire (ie by ordering them to fire). In my experience the better players rarely use defend, they certainly don't rely on it. It's ambush (to remain hidden) then you open up when the time is right usually by ordering the shot but if there's too much going on you might be in defend. If you've not already, get to know the hotkeys, there's only 6 or them, plus 10 for team/group selection. Also learn the ATG technique (an ambush/defend technique that helps keep guns hidden, I think it's there in the strat guide). These things will help your game immensely if you're not already using all of them. A good player can tell what you're not doing and will exploit it. Personally I find it very easy attacking guys who use defend because they usually reveal their positions before I've committed so I can then choose the terms of the the engagement, hit head on, bring in support, flank, retreat etc.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1