TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Kharkov

#21: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:50 am
    —
No, RH=rolled homogenous (standard armor used for most of WW2 tanks), FH=face hardened (armor used by PzIII/IV/StuG tas well as Soviet T50 and US M3 light) Smile.
The Germans have stopped using FH armor since like 1943 for plates thicker than 50mm to reduce costs.

That was a big problem for all nations - different test methods.

Quote:
someone in CC may choose to "adapt" the RA AP sheel numeric valors to the facts you describe, but I don't know if can be a real good thing, and surely I will not do it.

yes, I did in TRSM/BfC Smile
will make a data update for CC5 Stalingrad shortly with all these changes. (this Kharkov discussion has inspired me Smile)

#22: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:34 am
    —
You did, so it’s not impossible to apply in CC: good to know it.
Dima, I don’t want to worry you but let me say this thing only another time: when my mod will be ready for download, it would be great a total correction/upgrade of the vehicles.txt and weapons.txt files made by you (if/when you will have time/will).
About Stalingrad mod I really would like to see it in TLD (with Der kessel, Karelia, and El Alamein mods): matrix games, in my opinion, should think to build and release a tool to extract stratmap info from CC5.exe for the TLD Strapmap.txt file: in this way port mods would be very quick.

Drizzt

#23: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:43 am
    —
Quote:
Dima, I don’t want to worry you but let me say this thing only another time: when my mod will be ready for download, it would be great a total correction/upgrade of the vehicles.txt and weapons.txt files made by you (if/when you will have time/will).

mate, i would have to change everything, so better not do that, sorry Smile.
still if you have any question just shoot and I will do my best to answer as I like your attitude to this mod.

Quote:
About Stalingrad mod I really would like to see it in TLD (with Der kessel, Karelia, and El Alamein mods): matrix games, in my opinion, should think to build and release a tool to extract stratmap info from CC5.exe for the TLD Strapmap.txt file: in this way port mods would be very quick.

will do one day, but shortly will release a data upgrade for CC5 which will drastically change/improve gameplay.
actually thought Stal is no played any more but it appears I was mistaken.

#24: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:47 am
    —
Ok Dima, please take only in consideration that the work on technical aspects of weapons and vehicles can be separated/divided from a total realism work on others data files (teams, soldiers etc.). Anyway of course I respect your decision.

I’m working on the things that we’ve discussed on this thread: if I will have further doubts for sure I will ask to you (thanks).

Drizzt

#25: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: tigercubLocation: charters towers PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:58 am
    —
looks like great work Drizzt waiting to try this mod!

Tigercub

#26: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:38 am
    —
Drizzt wrote (View Post):
matrix games, in my opinion, should think to build and release a tool to extract stratmap info from CC5.exe for the TLD Strapmap.txt file: in this way port mods would be very quick.

Mafi has released the req'd tools to extract CC5 data.

#27: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:41 am
    —
Ok Tejszd, when you say "data" you mean the files in cc Data folder or also the info for the TLD stratmap.txt file? To convert data contained into Data folder it's enough quick also without tools help (but qclone is needed to convert CC5 data in .txt file format), the real problem is the stratmap.txt file.

Anyway, I don't find req'd tool nowhere (I have searched in various sites). Do you know a link?

Drizzt

#28: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:40 am
    —
Grab BED9 and check it out; it has btd file editor and strat tools.

Last edited by Tejszd on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total

#29: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:08 am
    —
Ok Tejszd, I will take a look: of course I have used it to create all btd files of the mod, but, about stratmap, I have preferred a manual work because it was a totally new work to do.
Anyway, using BED9, I have yet searched the option to extract data from the CC5.exe some months ago without success: I will take a look another time as I have said.

Drizzt

#30: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:00 am
    —
Mafi released these tools;
RtBTool v2.39 = extracts CC5 uniform and support information from the exe plus editing BTD and Strat Information for WAR/TLD/LSA
BED9 v1.09 = convert CC4/5 btd files to WAR/LTD/LSA

"The Blood" released this tool;
StratEdit5.exe = displays CC5 strat information

#31: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Screenshots Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:51 pm
    —
Thanks Tejszd, you had already helped me about these things in another topic on this forum but of course thanks again. I have used Rtb 2.39 and Bed9 (also for Kharkov mod) and I know them very well. About stratedit5, I knew only stratedit (the old one): I don't have and I don't have found stratedit5, but anyway now it's all resolved because I have already finished the work I had in mind (mainly using Bed9).

Drizzt

Close Combat Series -> Kharkov

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2