TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod v 2.2 (obsolete)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Kharkov

#1: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod v 2.2 (obsolete) Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:11 pm
    —
EDIT: Kharkov mod v 2.2 versions are obsolete.

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:14 am; edited 16 times in total

#2: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:40 am
    —
Awesome Drizzt, thank you!

#3: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:06 am
    —
Cool  Downloading

#4: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:53 am
    —
man I love broadband!!!!!  Got it.  1 battle down

#5: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 am
    —
Downloading thank you

#6: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:35 pm
    —
Thanks for this Drizzt, 1 hr left to download it and many more to play it!

#7: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:07 pm
    —
Very good, thank you!

#8: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:05 pm
    —
Outstanding work Smile

#9: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:21 am
    —
I noticed the German AI seems quite aggressive

#10: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:27 am
    —
Thanks to all for the positive comments!

to Southernland: the majority of the maps are medium size (there are also few small size and some medium-big size maps): this fact helped the IA in CC5, so it helps more in TLD (in my opinion TLD IA is really better than CC5). I have also set IA attitude of Bgs in the Campaign.txt file in a more aggressive way than org game.

About the mod support: I have chosen to create periodically small patches with an easy copy, paste and overwrite installation: I don’t know how many they will be, but for some months, until the mod will be considered totally finished/corrected, periodically I will release them (upload the entire mod takes very long time so this is for now the best choice in my opinion). Of course, every new patch will contain all the adjustments of the previous patch (I mean that there will be always only one patch to download).
In 3-4 months time from now I will upload the definitive version of the mod.
In a week or so I think to release the first small patch (v 2.01), here a list of the changes that it will contain:
- 2 campaigns lightly reworked.
- 2 operations lightly reworked.
- all weapons corrected.
- all tanks and vehicles corrected.
- some teams reworked.
- 1 team added.
- some soldiers added and/or reworked.
- corrected a minor issue in Pz II graphic.
- corrected german cross for high merit: it had a total white backdrop (earning it after a battle I have discovered this problem).
- reworked AFV number in forcepools.
- corrected 2 wave files in german vox.sfx (they were in english).
- corrected 1 wave file in russian vox.sfx (it was in german).
- Stug IIIC color changed and little reworked.
- various minor adjustments done in stratmap.txt about maps coordinates in stratmap.
- 4 .txt map files corrected (minor issues).
- 3 .btd map files lightly reworked.
- adjourned the readme file.

Drizzt

Edit (many times): list regularly updated.

#11: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:02 pm
    —
Hi to all, first patch is ready for download: see first post of this thread to download it. After have downloade it follow the (simple) instructions.

The changes are huge in data: I have copy and paste my 4 years ago work into last data work. To preserve the two years ago work and the recent work I have done many copy and paste, not only one: please, test the mod and let me know if there are some errors due to this kind of continuative work. Finally, at the end of this copy and paste work, I have also reworked/corrected many data entries having as example firstly Stalingrad mod (whenever possible), than my fonts and/or Der Kessel mod. Now all the technical aspects of tanks, vehicles and weapons should be (nearly) perfect. Some teams have been reworked and many soldiers have been added/reworked.
About other changes, even if they are minor issues towards Data work, they are anyway good corrections: you can find the complete list of changes in the first post of this thread.

I have done a very quick test and corrected 2-3 things like some weapon names length that can cause game crash: the real testing on this new data will be done by you. As always, report errors and/or suggestions in the appropriate thread.

Drizzt

#12: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 pm
    —
Downloading Kharkov patch v 2.1 right now... Thank You Drizzt!

#13: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:04 pm
    —
Drizzt when you get Kharkov stable I will create an auto installer for you. The installer does the same things you mention in your readme.txt install instructions. The user will only have to double click the exe file.

#14: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:49 pm
    —
A quick fix (few KB) is ready for download: see first post of this thread to download it and install it after have installed the full mod and the patch. I’m sorry, but for now the download situation it’s “work in progress”.

to Mooxe: some time ago I have seen a program that creates auto-installations: I don’t have downloaded it because I was concentrated on the mod work. But to be honest with all people that read this post, I must also admit that I’m a bit lazy about installation aspects, so your support about installation issues it’s totally welcomed: thanks Mooxe!

Drizzt

#15: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 am
    —
The quick fix n.2 (few KB) is ready for download, it replaces the first quick fix: see first post of this thread to download it and install it after have installed the full mod and the patch. I’m sorry, but for now the download situation it’s “work in progress”.

I have decided to release immediately another quick fix because the T-34 tank gun bug it’s a kind of bug that can ruin the mod game experience (and with it the will of play/test it).

Drizzt

#16: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:46 pm
    —
Hi Drizzt,

what was wrong with T34 gun?

#17: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:18 pm
    —
Hi Dima, there isn’t nothing of wrong in the original-standard F-34 tank gun: the error has been mine (see my last post in “TLD Kharkov mod bugs report and suggestions” thread). I had used the (Stalingrad mod) settings of the “rush made” T-34 tank gun: it has very poor range (especially poor long range: 150 meters If I remember well) so in Kharkov, with T-34 tanks, I had tons of black targets against german tanks. Of course, also the rush made tank gun had nothing of wrong: I had only chosen the wrong tank gun.

Drizzt

#18: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:11 pm
    —
Mod had ran really good here on original release. Had started an Axis campaign anyway and only 1 COD. Started a new campaign with newest 2 patches, -0- errors so far. Only real complaint is the efficiency of the 37mm door knocker. It will fire at will and eventually (it seems) knock out most T34's, unless it runs out of ammunition 1st.

Axis infantry is useless against armor, even the grenade/mine troops. None have done more than damage, albeit minor thus far.

I have 1 idea that was possibly thought of and could be an improvement?

Instead of giving the axis/russians huge artillery guns that would have been spotted moving into place, as cumbersome as they are.. Why not just give them a spotter? They work exceptionally well in the mods that they are used in and are easier to knock out in some ways (1man), yet smaller targets to hit.

Just an idea.

#19: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:36 pm
    —
Hi John Silver, thanks for the feedback. Glad to know that the mod works properly.

I have checked the 3.7cm AT gun and all seem ok (Stalingrad mod comparison): I don’t have used heat and spec. ammo for it and I think that this is the why it's less effective. Anyway, in Stalingrad mod heat ammo is set to 1 (only one shot). In my mod I will insert heat and spec. ammo.

About german infantry vs. russian tanks (I speak considering my experience testing the mod):
Tellermine: you have reason, and thanks to you I have discovered to have set them as heat ammo instead HE in soldiers data (the only possible ammo for them is HE, so heat ammo it's equal to no ammo). In the next version they will work in the right way.
Brandflasche (molotov) works very good against all russian tanks: of course I always refer to the possibility to immobilize, damage or destroy a tank (so not only about destroy a tank).
Granat bundle: stronger than a simple grenade, it’s very good to damage/immobilize tanks.
AT rifles: of course they have their minimum range to respect, but they works well. Panzerbusche it’s good against light tanks and can have a possibility also against medium tanks; granatbusche it’s really good and can to immobilize/destroy also KV tanks.
Schiessbecker: about its power it’s less strong than granatbusche, but it works enough well in my experience (especially against light-medium tanks), but I can add a bit of Heat ammo, for now it has only HE ammo.
In conclusion: playing with russians I have always “fear” when one my tank advances at close and close-medium range against enemy infantry not suppressed by fire: I have seen burn many tanks of all kinds (about KV, I have seen them damaged and immobilized with some crew hit, very rarely destroyed by infantry).

About the artillery observers: thanks for the advice, but to be honest I don’t like them too much: they are too much exposed to the enemy fire (they search targets and remain near them to fire) and they can be killed too easily in my opinion. I prefer an artillery gun in the rearward with all my infantry as possible observers, observers that, after have individuated a target, are not obliged to remain too close to the targets. Thanks again for the hint, but I prefer don’t use artillery observers.

Drizzt

#20: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:25 am
    —
You are more than welcome Drizzt. Thank you for taking so much time to design such a fine mod.

Played the Campaign long enough 1st release to get to some Axis attack scenarios also and it's difficult, as it should be attacking the Russian armored units with the German stronger units. Having German units (infantry) that could stop the tanks from moving at least would help some and good to hear that fix is coming.

Eventually will play this campaign from both sides vs the AI, figured most would try the Russians 1st as a guess since they had all the support.

#21: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:53 pm
    —
Hi to all, TLD Kharkov mod patch v 2.2 is ready for download: see first post of this thread to download it. After have downloaded it follow the (simple) instructions. This patch replaces both v 2.1 patch and quick fix 2.

Drizzt

#22: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:33 pm
    —
Thanks Drizzt. Was actually playing PITF awaiting the last version of your mod.

Shame the massive maps, explosive effects from PITF etc could be utilized for the earlier games. The maps in particular (or some) are beautiful.

#23: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:59 am
    —
Ok guys, the installer is done and uploading and will be added to the site shortly. Thanks Drizzt for making this mod available!

#24: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 am
    —
Thanks for making all these installers Mooxe.  Cool

@Drizzt
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm using the mod with WaR v4.50.15b. The game was very stable for me until I started using the ScrnGagd.gdg file from the Extras folder, just like it tells you in the readme file. I started a new campaign afterwards and used the recommended settings like in the readme. I'm now getting crashes quite often, and I use to see commander photos, but now I only see their names on the Battlegroup Screen. I think I should probably start using the ScrnGagd.gdg file again.

#25: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 am
    —
to Digs: the only difference between the two screen.gdg files is that in WAR version there aren't commander photos because they are not well inserted in WAR (there is a "graphic conflict" between 25 teams column and these photos in Battlegroup Screen). In WAR version commander photos have been made (by me) like in org TLD (1x1 pixel: so no photos showed): it’s possible that they can cause instability in WAR? I can easily make total white 82x90 pixel photos but I don’t think that this is the problem (it would be really strange and it has never happened to me).
Anyway, about crash problems, please read carefully all the hints that are in the readme file (see under "general notes" "single player" and "other minor issues"). If you can't find a solution there, please post in "TLD Kharkov mod bugs report and suggestions" thread what exactly happens (I mean to write as much as possible about crash problem details).
Thanks for your positive comments.

Drizzt

#26: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:47 am
    —
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4212

Kharkov 2.2 Installer

#27: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:03 pm
    —
Thanks Mooxe! I have added the official link to the first post of this topic.

Drizzt

#28: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:13 pm
    —
@ Drizzt,
Well I moved the original file that I had re-named "ScrnGagd.gdg.Backup" out of the Graphics folder and into the Extras folder. Keeping the modified one for WaR there. I also deleted the Campaign I was playing through and started a new one, now I'm not getting any crashes.  Very Happy

Btw, I have read all the documentation included with your mod. It's very well written and I have most of it printed out on paper. I keep the printout of the strategic map with the road connections and artillery support in a plastic sheet protector. As well as the Historical development picture.

#29: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 pm
    —
Digs wrote (View Post):
I keep the printout of the strategic map with the road connections and artillery support in a plastic sheet protector.

I do the same with my favorite CC5 mods. Its the absolute best way to always know which exit road VL you need to hold or capture while your in a game.

#30: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:30 am
    —
Same here Mooxe, I love the strategic map for GJS and the Stalingrad series of mods. Smile

Hey Drizzt, what's the name of the Russian song that plays on the Command Screen?.

#31: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 am
    —
to Digs: the song name is “Polyushko-polye” (or “Polyushka-polye”). The earlier mod song, soviet hymn, it has been introduced in 1944 so I have searched a song good for my mod timeline: I had found some good songs about other great patriotic war areas but nothing of specific about Kharkov, so I have finally chosen this generic song of 1933-34. “Polyushko” (or “polyushka”) it’s a modification of the word “polye” to express endearment (I hope it's in this way: I don't know russian language): in english language it should mean something like ”meadow lands, my dear meadow lands” . The song should speak about a russian recruit and his will and determination to defend the immensity of the steppes-fields of his motherland (and the steppes-fields where he was born and grown). I think (and I hope) to have chosen the Red Army version of the song (cutting the start instrumental part and the final instrumental part of the song to make it more suitable as mod intro song).

Drizzt

#32: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:29 pm
    —
Thanks for answering my questing, I think it was a great choice you made Drizzt.

@Mooxe
I was was wondering if you would do a couple videos, or as many as it takes to take control the city of Belgorad in Drizzt's Kharkov mod. I find it hard to gain any ground as the Russians because the Germans control the much of the city and all the good high ground. They also have more experience and better morale, and that doesn't help any. Once across the bridge in the north I swing south while keeping the Germans in the north from advancing and overrunning my men.

#33: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:22 am
    —
Hey Drizzt, do still have the original sound file unedited?. The sound quality is excellent. I downloaded the song from the site below but it's in wma format and not the best of quality.

Russian Music and Dance - Nearby Regions and Former USSR States

It's the only site I feel comfortable downloading the music from.

#34: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:48 am
    —
to Digs: no, unfortunately I don't have it anymore. Wma is not a bad quality in itself, often it depends by codecs used (and bitrate). Anyway, I have done a quick tour on youtube: you can find and hear it there.

Drizzt

#35: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:46 am
    —
Do I need both files on the main page of this thread?

Thanks

#36: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:46 am
    —
Yeah, you need to download both files Platoon_Michael. One is the main mod (v2.0) and the second is the patch (v2.2).
1. Extract the main mod TLD_Kharkov_Mod_v_2.0.rar and the patch TLD_Kharkov_Mod_Patch_v_2.2.rar.
2. Take the Kharkov folder from the extracted patch and overwrite the Kharkov folder in the extracted v2.0 mod folder.
3. When that's done, move the Kharkov folder from the TLD_Kharkov_Mod_v_2.0 folder into your WaR or TLD folder. Example: C:\Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Note: An extra step for WaR users...
Take the ScrnGagd.gdg file that resides in the WaR\Kharkov\Extras folder and copy or move the file into the WaR\Kharkov\Graphics folder and overwrite the original ScrnGagd.gdg file.

Creating a Shortcut to launch the mod
1. Create a copy of your quick start shortcut on your desktop for TLD or WaR.
2. Rename the shortcut to the name of the mod your using. Example: Kharkov mod v2.2 for WaR
3. Right click on the shortcut and select properties.
4. Select the Shortcut Tab.
5. Change the Target line. At the very end add a space then /D Kharkov  Example: "C:\Games\Close Combat Wacht am Rhein\CCE.exe" /D Kharkov
6. Select OK

Run the shortcut to play your new mod and enjoy!.

By the way, Mooxe created and Installer version of the Kharkov mod. Simplifying the process. Download and run the executable.

#37: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:55 am
    —
One other thing regarding the shortcut file. There's an icon for the mod inside the Kharkov folder to snazzy up your new shortcut.
1. Right click on the shortcut you created for the mod and select properties.
2. Select the Shortcut tab.
3. Select Change Icon...
4. Browse to the directory of your Kharkov folder and select the file named Mod Icon.ico. Click open and select OK twice.

#38: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:42 am
    —
Yes Michael, you need both .rar files. Thanks to Digs for the detailed explanation, just two things: in "WAR Owners" folder (it's inside "Extras" folder) there is a shortcut for who has WAR and the auto installer it's only for who has TLD.

Drizzt

#39: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:50 am
    —
I wonder if we could enlist Bernd to make his installer compatible with the other versions of Close Combat.

#40: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:38 pm
    —
to Mooxe: I have taken a quick look to the auto installer tool (but I haven't tried it yet): is it possible to use it at least for WAR (editing the .ini file in the right way)? Folders structure and .exe name are identical in TLD and WAR.
Of course I'm not sure, I ask to you because I know you have already used it more than one time. There are some mods for WAR that use an autoinstaller, but I don't know if mod authors have used the same installer tool.

Drizzt

#41: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:16 pm
    —
I was told before by Tejszd that the installers for TLD will work with WaR. Just point the installer to the WaR directory and not TLD directory.

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
the last patch for WAR made it and TLD pretty much the same so any full mod for TLD or WAR with the patches applied will work on the other....

#42: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:26 pm
    —
Theres no options as far as I can see to pick different folders.

#43: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:35 pm
    —
I used Benrd's auto installer for WAR.
The readme file I have states:
Close Combat Wacht am Rhein Mod Installer version 0.03

As for if the Mod. was made for tLD or WAR it doesn't really matter.
All I did for Meuse was extract the files from the download and pasted them into Bernard's Installer.
Then ran the Benrd's Mod installer for WAR

#44: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:44 pm
    —
Ok please attach it to a post, I do not have a copy of it on CCS.

#45: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:49 pm
    —
Excellent Michael, I have found it in matrix Games CC Site WAR section (Mooxe you can find it here, see near the bottom of the page: http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html).

to Mooxe: I will create the WAR auto installer version the I will upload it in my folder.

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#46: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:49 pm
    —
I got it from Here

#47: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:51 pm
    —
Great... theres also one for LSA.

#48: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 pm
    —
Is it safe to say that this is the avenue of choice for Mods?
And were NOT gonna use ModSwap?

Maybe we should stop hijacking this tread too?  Laughing

#49: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:59 pm
    —
Well you can still play H2H just not through Gameranger. If there's a demand for plugins I can make them. The easiest way to get a mod to the masses is these auto installers.

#50: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:00 am
    —
you are right about that Mooxe

as one of the masses i'll wait for the auto installer  Wink

#51: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:08 pm
    —
Bug found. Never seen this one before.... Pressing CRTL+K or +T will not remove trees or bodies. Testing in regular TLD and WAR and it did work.. so definetly something to do with the mod.

#52: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:49 pm
    —
Thanks for reporting Mooxe, I have tried with Bloody Omaha and Meuse and they have the same problem (I have modified a little bit the campaign.txt file of every mod so I'm not totally sure that this thing it happens to all players). Only battle for caen works normally like the original game: very strange, anyway in the window options all it works as usual.
Another thing: I have uploaded my war-autoinstaller (it's only a reminder, of course no hurry).

Drizzt

#53: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 pm
    —
I've been trying to download Kharkov for about two weeks now. Must be problems with CCS.

The one time it did complete, it said the compressed folder was corrupt and would not open.

:(

#54: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:26 am
    —
TLD version, WAR version, or the manual installation (in my folder on this site)?

Drizzt

#55: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:06 am
    —
TLD version here at CCS. Its the only TLD mod that won't download for me.

#56: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:16 am
    —
Uberdave wrote (View Post):
TLD version here at CCS. Its the only TLD mod that won't download for me.

I don't want to upset Mooxe, or anybody else here for all the efforts he has done here and still does.

Most of the mods we have backed up at CSO, like this one Uberdave:

Kharkov mod at CSO site

Just remember it's a backup if any of the links are down for a bit. Sometimes new mods I don't see late either you guys make and it takes Sulla a bit of time to link in at CSO also.

#57: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:38 pm
    —
Kharkov mod is the best mod for TLD, sorry to down you Uberdave, but it is great. Thanks Drizzt!

#58: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:24 pm
    —
to Uberdave: I can only say I have downloaded it in past without problems. I suggest to you to report this thing to Mooxe (corrupted folder message it's really strange). Just a question: when you say "one time" you mean you have finished the download only one time? In this case try again before to report: corrupted downloads can happens.

to Rodmorg: thanks. Glad you enjoy with it.

Drizzt

#59: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:21 pm
    —
I've actually got the compressed file on my pc three times, then would get an error message saying there was nothing in it.

I'm not a rookie at this, I know that downloads get corrupted. But thanks for the tips. I'll try the other website.

#60: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: RodmorgLocation: Bournemouth PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:48 pm
    —
Drizzt, how long did it take you/your team to make this mod?

#61: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:39 pm
    —
Maps are cc3 custom maps reworkeb by me: I have created 2 of the 7 map files of every map and I have reworked many of the others, but to do maps from the beginning it takes really more time (I mean to complete all 64 maps).
Another thing that has helped me it's the usage of Stalingrad Mod tanks/vehicles: 85% come from there. Very few come from other mods and few they have been created by me.
Remember also that it's an upgrade of my CC5 version of the mod: many graphic files were already at my disposal.
Having said this, It has been a work of 3 months (one-two hours per day, for no more than 3-4 days in a week).
To complete a total new work, in my opinion, it's necessary at least 1 year (probably more).

Drizzt

#62: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:06 pm
    —
Uberdave wrote (View Post):
I've been trying to download Kharkov for about two weeks now. Must be problems with CCS.

The one time it did complete, it said the compressed folder was corrupt and would not open.

:(

Hi Dave, I tested this download after you reported receiving it corrupted. It did not corrupt on my end. Only thing I can suggest is do not use the resume feature if you have been.

#63: Re: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod Download Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:51 pm
    —
I got it, finally. Thx.  Twisted Evil

Close Combat Series -> Kharkov

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1