TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod v 2.2 (obsolete)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Kharkov

#1: TLD/WAR Kharkov Mod v 2.2 (obsolete) Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:11 pm
    —
EDIT: Kharkov mod v 2.2 versions are obsolete.

Drizzt

Last edited by Drizzt on Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:14 am; edited 16 times in total

#2: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:40 am
    —
Awesome Drizzt, thank you!

#3: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:06 am
    —
Cool  Downloading

#4: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: southern_land PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:53 am
    —
man I love broadband!!!!!  Got it.  1 battle down

#5: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: salhexe PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 am
    —
Downloading thank you

#6: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:35 pm
    —
Thanks for this Drizzt, 1 hr left to download it and many more to play it!

#7: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:07 pm
    —
Very good, thank you!

#8: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:05 pm
    —
Outstanding work Smile

#9: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: southern_land PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:21 am
    —
I noticed the German AI seems quite aggressive

#10: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:27 am
    —
Thanks to all for the positive comments!

to Southernland: the majority of the maps are medium size (there are also few small size and some medium-big size maps): this fact helped the IA in CC5, so it helps more in TLD (in my opinion TLD IA is really better than CC5). I have also set IA attitude of Bgs in the Campaign.txt file in a more aggressive way than org game.

About the mod support: I have chosen to create periodically small patches with an easy copy, paste and overwrite installation: I don’t know how many they will be, but for some months, until the mod will be considered totally finished/corrected, periodically I will release them (upload the entire mod takes very long time so this is for now the best choice in my opinion). Of course, every new patch will contain all the adjustments of the previous patch (I mean that there will be always only one patch to download).
In 3-4 months time from now I will upload the definitive version of the mod.
In a week or so I think to release the first small patch (v 2.01), here a list of the changes that it will contain:
- 2 campaigns lightly reworked.
- 2 operations lightly reworked.
- all weapons corrected.
- all tanks and vehicles corrected.
- some teams reworked.
- 1 team added.
- some soldiers added and/or reworked.
- corrected a minor issue in Pz II graphic.
- corrected german cross for high merit: it had a total white backdrop (earning it after a battle I have discovered this problem).
- reworked AFV number in forcepools.
- corrected 2 wave files in german vox.sfx (they were in english).
- corrected 1 wave file in russian vox.sfx (it was in german).
- Stug IIIC color changed and little reworked.
- various minor adjustments done in stratmap.txt about maps coordinates in stratmap.
- 4 .txt map files corrected (minor issues).
- 3 .btd map files lightly reworked.
- adjourned the readme file.

Drizzt

Edit (many times): list regularly updated.

#11: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:02 pm
    —
Hi to all, first patch is ready for download: see first post of this thread to download it. After have downloade it follow the (simple) instructions.

The changes are huge in data: I have copy and paste my 4 years ago work into last data work. To preserve the two years ago work and the recent work I have done many copy and paste, not only one: please, test the mod and let me know if there are some errors due to this kind of continuative work. Finally, at the end of this copy and paste work, I have also reworked/corrected many data entries having as example firstly Stalingrad mod (whenever possible), than my fonts and/or Der Kessel mod. Now all the technical aspects of tanks, vehicles and weapons should be (nearly) perfect. Some teams have been reworked and many soldiers have been added/reworked.
About other changes, even if they are minor issues towards Data work, they are anyway good corrections: you can find the complete list of changes in the first post of this thread.

I have done a very quick test and corrected 2-3 things like some weapon names length that can cause game crash: the real testing on this new data will be done by you. As always, report errors and/or suggestions in the appropriate thread.

Drizzt

#12: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 pm
    —
Downloading Kharkov patch v 2.1 right now... Thank You Drizzt!

#13: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:04 pm
    —
Drizzt when you get Kharkov stable I will create an auto installer for you. The installer does the same things you mention in your readme.txt install instructions. The user will only have to double click the exe file.

#14: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:49 pm
    —
A quick fix (few KB) is ready for download: see first post of this thread to download it and install it after have installed the full mod and the patch. I’m sorry, but for now the download situation it’s “work in progress”.

to Mooxe: some time ago I have seen a program that creates auto-installations: I don’t have downloaded it because I was concentrated on the mod work. But to be honest with all people that read this post, I must also admit that I’m a bit lazy about installation aspects, so your support about installation issues it’s totally welcomed: thanks Mooxe!

Drizzt

#15: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 am
    —
The quick fix n.2 (few KB) is ready for download, it replaces the first quick fix: see first post of this thread to download it and install it after have installed the full mod and the patch. I’m sorry, but for now the download situation it’s “work in progress”.

I have decided to release immediately another quick fix because the T-34 tank gun bug it’s a kind of bug that can ruin the mod game experience (and with it the will of play/test it).

Drizzt

#16: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:46 pm
    —
Hi Drizzt,

what was wrong with T34 gun?

#17: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:18 pm
    —
Hi Dima, there isn’t nothing of wrong in the original-standard F-34 tank gun: the error has been mine (see my last post in “TLD Kharkov mod bugs report and suggestions” thread). I had used the (Stalingrad mod) settings of the “rush made” T-34 tank gun: it has very poor range (especially poor long range: 150 meters If I remember well) so in Kharkov, with T-34 tanks, I had tons of black targets against german tanks. Of course, also the rush made tank gun had nothing of wrong: I had only chosen the wrong tank gun.

Drizzt

#18: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:11 pm
    —
Mod had ran really good here on original release. Had started an Axis campaign anyway and only 1 COD. Started a new campaign with newest 2 patches, -0- errors so far. Only real complaint is the efficiency of the 37mm door knocker. It will fire at will and eventually (it seems) knock out most T34's, unless it runs out of ammunition 1st.

Axis infantry is useless against armor, even the grenade/mine troops. None have done more than damage, albeit minor thus far.

I have 1 idea that was possibly thought of and could be an improvement?

Instead of giving the axis/russians huge artillery guns that would have been spotted moving into place, as cumbersome as they are.. Why not just give them a spotter? They work exceptionally well in the mods that they are used in and are easier to knock out in some ways (1man), yet smaller targets to hit.

Just an idea.

#19: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:36 pm
    —
Hi John Silver, thanks for the feedback. Glad to know that the mod works properly.

I have checked the 3.7cm AT gun and all seem ok (Stalingrad mod comparison): I don’t have used heat and spec. ammo for it and I think that this is the why it's less effective. Anyway, in Stalingrad mod heat ammo is set to 1 (only one shot). In my mod I will insert heat and spec. ammo.

About german infantry vs. russian tanks (I speak considering my experience testing the mod):
Tellermine: you have reason, and thanks to you I have discovered to have set them as heat ammo instead HE in soldiers data (the only possible ammo for them is HE, so heat ammo it's equal to no ammo). In the next version they will work in the right way.
Brandflasche (molotov) works very good against all russian tanks: of course I always refer to the possibility to immobilize, damage or destroy a tank (so not only about destroy a tank).
Granat bundle: stronger than a simple grenade, it’s very good to damage/immobilize tanks.
AT rifles: of course they have their minimum range to respect, but they works well. Panzerbusche it’s good against light tanks and can have a possibility also against medium tanks; granatbusche it’s really good and can to immobilize/destroy also KV tanks.
Schiessbecker: about its power it’s less strong than granatbusche, but it works enough well in my experience (especially against light-medium tanks), but I can add a bit of Heat ammo, for now it has only HE ammo.
In conclusion: playing with russians I have always “fear” when one my tank advances at close and close-medium range against enemy infantry not suppressed by fire: I have seen burn many tanks of all kinds (about KV, I have seen them damaged and immobilized with some crew hit, very rarely destroyed by infantry).

About the artillery observers: thanks for the advice, but to be honest I don’t like them too much: they are too much exposed to the enemy fire (they search targets and remain near them to fire) and they can be killed too easily in my opinion. I prefer an artillery gun in the rearward with all my infantry as possible observers, observers that, after have individuated a target, are not obliged to remain too close to the targets. Thanks again for the hint, but I prefer don’t use artillery observers.

Drizzt

#20: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod Download Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:25 am
    —
You are more than welcome Drizzt. Thank you for taking so much time to design such a fine mod.

Played the Campaign long enough 1st release to get to some Axis attack scenarios also and it's difficult, as it should be attacking the Russian armored units with the German stronger units. Having German units (infantry) that could stop the tanks from moving at least would help some and good to hear that fix is coming.

Eventually will play this campaign from both sides vs the AI, figured most would try the Russians 1st as a guess since they had all the support.

Close Combat Series -> Kharkov

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
Page 1 of 4