TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Kharkov

#121: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:36 pm
    —
I've uninstalled the kharkov mod and WAR, deleted all remaining folders, reinstalled WAR + 4.50.15b patch and installed the kharkov mod + 2.2 patch but the problem with the saved game remains.

I'm going to start a new GC and report if i have any more CTD's and/or if CTD's are less frequent.

#122: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:57 pm
    —
to Aetius: ok, good to know: sometime it's a corrupted intallation, sometime it's only the savegame file.
The savegame file it's about a campaign started with v 2.2 of the mod right? If you want I will take a look to your savegame file (if you want, attach it in one of your post and I will download it).

Drizzt

#123: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:09 pm
    —
Hi Drizzt,

corrupted saved campaign in attach (i had to zip it to attach).

Yes, the campaign was started after i've installed V2.2.

Thanks for taking a look at it.

Aetius

#124: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:21 pm
    —
to Aetius: it works for me, but for a reason that I don't know I'm obliged to wait 20-22 seconds to enter in the stratmap: in these seconds the game seems "freezed" but fortunately it's not.
It seems that WAR .exe file demands more hardware resources than TLD (in past, with an old hardware, I have had similar problems with CC5 stratmaps full of battlegroups during movement phase and some crash problems depended also from these hardware issues), or maybe the savegame it's really in a certain sense corrupted, and it demands more resources but anyway it works: I suggest to you to wait at least 1-2 minutes and to see if the game enters, at the end, in stratmap: remember that the movement phase it's a crucial phase about "hardware resources and CC number of battlegroups issue" and if you will be able to fight the first battle of the day (returning to debrief screen without crash) the game should be "stabilize" by itself.

I hope can help (try also .exe windows OS compatibility if the freeze will not ends).

Drizzt

#125: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:34 pm
    —
Some of the last turn, or movement phases do seemingly take *forever* in WAR and that's not just the Kharkov mod, but some of the BOB mods also Drizzt. Nothing low end in my desktop either, but it takes 1 minute plus sometimes for the engine to calculate the moves before moving.

SAME thing when loading  the game that is by chance a new day mission that includes a movement mission. Sometimes after hitting "next" the game you could think it has frozen possibly and that is something in WAR only to me, just the Mods.

#126: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: Aetius PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:51 pm
    —
Thanks for the tip Drizzt, it works now  Very Happy .
Had to wait at least a minute before the game continued, but it did.

I've played a lot of other mods on WAR but this is the first time i've noticed this behaviour.

thanks again for the help and making a fun and challenging mod.

#127: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:15 pm
    —
to John Silver: I don't understand the "low end" english language expression in the phrase you have used it, but I think to have understood the general sense: personally, I think that some CC exe files have not been well optimized (exe not optimized= sometime it demands resources that it don't need) but I'm not sure.
It's also possible that these exe files have not been well optimized only about certain specific situations and or when/mods have been set in a certain way. This kind of problems can be resolved only with a "personal WAR version" of the mod (if really in TLD these problems never happen) after have found what it causes the problems: it will not be easy.. for example, also very secondary things like the length of weapons names (vehicles names etc.) can be, potentially, responsible of instability problems (considering also a hypothetical difference between TLD exe and WAR exe)
What you mean with BoB mods? I thought BoB = Battle of Berlin. If you explain me which mods you mean I will try to search similarities between my mod and these mods.

Drizzt

#128: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:33 pm
    —
Hey Drizzt,

When I post "BOB" to me, it means Battle Of The Bulge, or WAR.

I see this delay numerous times in well designed mods by good mod makers. TT, Platoon Michael. The vetmod for WAR between days have seen it DRAG sometimes when a movement phase where the AI is making multiple moves in the early stages of a campaign.

By "not low end" I meant my PC. I build all of mine. Mine is a 6 core AMD built a little over a year ago with AMD 7750 graphics and 16gb ram.

#129: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: Oberschutze PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:13 am
    —
Hi folks,

Every time I click 'play', I get this error message, and the game subsequently crashes. Any ideas?

All of the mod files appear to be in the right spot. I'm not really sure what I did wrong. I did a clean install of TLD. I did not update. I installed the mod, and then this...

#130: Re: TLD Kharkov Mod bugs report and suggestions Author: Drizzt PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 am
    —
Hi Oberschutze, I have never seen this kind of error, anyway it really seems an istallation issue. Uninstall all, then install TLD and TLD last patch 5.50.14b, after this install TLD Kharkov mod using the auto installer.
Only one thing it's not clear, you say "I did not update": if you mean no original game patch installed, you must update TLD to the last patch (as I have just said up here).

Drizzt

Edit, another thing: after uninstall and before reinstalling, delete all org game folders remained (if any) even if they are empty (and also the main folder).

Close Combat Series -> Kharkov

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  :| |:
Page 7 of 7