CC5 vs PiTF - Map Comparison
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

#21: Re: CC5 vs PiTF - Map Comparison Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:39 pm
    —
Hi mooxe,

Somehow I knew you would take responsibility, but I wasn't thinking about you. The galleries generally have a good smattering of maps, but in the case of LSA there are alot of screenies, but they all seem to be from only a half dozen maps.

Using 5CC you can convert maps from one scale to another and from one color depth to another.

PitF maps are 8 pixels per meter with 24 bit color. Older maps (before PitF) are 5 pixels per meter and 16 bit color.

Now, it would be really cool, if someone (anyone), would simply convert a PitF map back to pre-PitF map, using 5CC. The map will become smaller by roughly 62.5% and 5CC can correct the color depth during the scaling/conversion.

Then, PitF maps can be used in other games (like CCMT). You WILL NOT have to re-code the maps.

#22: Re: CC5 vs PiTF - Map Comparison Author: Stwa PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:00 am
    —
Uh-Huh  Exclamation  [impersonating Barney the purple dinosaur]  

OK guys, but I am not going to get around to it this year, but maybe sometime next year. Me thinks, if I do look at new maps, I would favor the LSA set over the PitF set.

And I will get a PitF liscence (to use the maps) when I am sure this conversions actually works as I am thinking.

Because even if you think CC5 maps are better than PitF maps or vice versa, both sets are totally cool, and there is room in my map collection for both.

The main obstacle with any conversion of PitF maps back to the smaller scale are the tree shadows, which may need some nice screenies to assess properly.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2