Why do all these rereleases use ugly icons?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

#1: Why do all these rereleases use ugly icons? Author: Gun_Pierson PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:54 pm
    —
I'm talking about the icons on the strat map and in the force pool.  It's like they took a step back.  I think it started with modern tactics.

Most mods for CC5 have creative and cool icons.  For example PZjager stalingrad mods and many others have cool icons where you see a german tank or soldier representing a battlegroup.  It's so much more immersing and adds 'soul' to the game.

Last edited by Gun_Pierson on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Why do all these rereleases use ugly icons? Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:51 pm
    —
Totally agree.

I liked the GJS ones better.

#3: Re: Why do all these rereleases use ugly icons? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:13 pm
    —
I am sure the NATO style icons were a way to cut corners quickly. The rereleases were pumped in in quick succession.

#4: Re: Why do all these rereleases use ugly icons? Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:37 am
    —
Yea im in favor of a colorful cartoon or historical photograph. Instead of the counters.

#5: Re: Why do all these rereleases use ugly icons? Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:40 am
    —
I assume Mod makers don't have to worry about any copyright laws when it comes to actual photos.
The CCIV and CCV Icons had to require time and effort.Both of which cost money.

Anyone can create the Icons they've currently been doing,very cheap and very easy to do.

#6: Re: Why do all these rereleases use ugly icons? Author: Gun_Pierson PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:01 am
    —
Ok I understand the copyright laws on photos, but having some artwork done isn't that expensive compared to other development costs like programming.

#7: Re: Why do all these rereleases use ugly icons? Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:29 pm
    —
Anything but those ugly, cartoonish caricatures that were hand-drawn and splattered all over the original CC4 and CC5 BG screens!  Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1