Stalingrad - Then and Now Photos
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

#1: Stalingrad - Then and Now Photos Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:02 pm
    —
These photos are from the forum http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457719 posted by Skorvin. I have reposted them here for convenience. For the very interesting captions to the photos visit the link. You may have to register to view them.

#2: Re: Stalingrad - Then and Now Photos Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:16 pm
    —
Thanks Mooxe!
Such photo projects are quite popular in Russia these days - I've seen same type about Leningrad.

#3: Re: Stalingrad - Then and Now Photos Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:52 pm
    —
Great pics!
Does anyone have the original one from this?

Thats around the 9th January square isn't it? That Lenin statue has always intrigued me since I saw Enemy at the Gates, I'm pretty sure there was not such statue in Stalingrad. And if there was, I don't know where.

#4: Re: Stalingrad - Then and Now Photos Author: tripwireLocation: Florida - USA PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:23 pm
    —
Thank you so very much for re-posting these, mooxe!!  The juxtaposition of the old and new photos strikes so much stronger than words or histories can.  One is moved at how vast the carnage and devastation was spread across the Soviet lands.

#5: Re: Stalingrad - Then and Now Photos Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:48 pm
    —
Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):

Thats around the 9th January square isn't it? That Lenin statue has always intrigued me since I saw Enemy at the Gates, I'm pretty sure there was not such statue in Stalingrad. And if there was, I don't know where.

Enemy at the Gates is a rare piece of junk history wise.
Statue of Lenin was installed in 1960.

Following this link there are same type of photos from Leningrad, Moscow, Berlin and other
http://sergey-larenkov.livejournal.com/

#6: Re: Stalingrad - Then and Now Photos Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:59 pm
    —
Very nice... thanks!  Cool

#7: Re: Stalingrad - Then and Now Photos Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:55 am
    —

These photos remind me of each other.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Stalingrad

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1