Mods and Sub mods that work with the CoI v3.60 patch
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

#1: Mods and Sub mods that work with the CoI v3.60 patch Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:27 am
    —
Hi everyone. For those of you that use Mods and Sub mods for Cross of Iron, can you please confirm which of those work (and are stable) with the latest v3.60 patch?. It would be very much appreciated!.

#2: Re: Mods and Sub mods that work with the CoI v3.60 patch Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:03 am
    —
I myself never installed any version past v3.50.01 due to the AT bug I read about in the past and continue to read about. It seems to me that Matrix Games only cares about the mighty dollar, (*cough* Dragon's Den!) and not about the people who truly enjoy the franchise. I think we need an unofficial patch created from the community just like the one for CC Invasion Normandy (CC5). That's the only way this game is going to be fixed, (and fixed right).

#3: Re: Mods and Sub mods that work with the CoI v3.60 patch Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:01 am
    —
Quote:
CC Invasion Normandy (CC5)

You must be installing all the grand old games of late Digs, have seen you post on several of the Matrix forums of late :-)

Nothing to do with COI, but you can have some fun with CC5 and TT's BOB Vetmod, it's one of the best (to me) mods ever made, on ANY CC game of the series. works with the last CC5 patch also and the plugin manager.

#4: Re: Mods and Sub mods that work with the CoI v3.60 patch Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:26 pm
    —
I believe most of the mods for COI are pretty stable as the game engine had the least changes of all the Matrix CC releases thus the old CC3 mods req'd minimal changes and work as they were years ago....

#5: Re: Mods and Sub mods that work with the CoI v3.60 patch Author: GerwinLocation: Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:21 pm
    —
For a year now I have been using the old Atomic games CC3.exe and the latest Matrix Cross of Iron CC3.exe from 2011 in the same game base install.
Using the classic exe to play the game without 'girly soldiers', using the new exe to access the scenario editor without crashing.

The only difference I found, COI has more files in the campaigns/operation/battles folders which the old executable does not tolerate. Workaround:
-replace any existing campaign with coi campaign, and put new camp_ops in camp_ops
-put the coi operations in games\battles (custom battles)

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Cross of Iron

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1