Retail version issue
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

#1: Retail version issue Author: Thorsfew PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:39 pm
    —
Hello to the surviving few... (Cases and TH)
I'm running retail version 2.0
unfortunately this does not bode well with other gamers that appear to be running retail version 2.2
I am running patch 2.b and 3.4  with no issues in single player and map editing.
Just can't connect to others via game or via gameranger.
Any help, advise or chat welcomed!!

#2: Re: Retail version issue Author: Boro_XXX PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:51 pm
    —
Just to add, thorsfew and I tried connecting directly and via Game Ranger. Both approaches failed.
Please help us, if you know how to work around that stuff. I need my cc2 fix ASAP!

#3: Re: Retail version issue Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:44 pm
    —
sounds like a router/firewall problem. I would look into the router maker page to know how to open ports and such.

#4: Re: Retail version issue Author: Boro_XXX PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:11 pm
    —
I am afraid it isnt. Thorsfew and I tried again. He installed the patches in order required, and his troops read the 3.4 extension. It would mean that 2.0b had to be installed in order to install 3.4. Anyways, we werent able to connect either via GR or direct conn. My 1945 are open.

Any ideas anyone?

#5: Re: Retail version issue Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:48 pm
    —
Hi, I had the same issue. The retail version 2.2 is a strange error because the last version was 2.0, there should not be a 2.2.
Sadly I never managed to get pass this error.

#6: Re: Retail version issue Author: ikrananka PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:09 pm
    —
I believe that I have a solution for this and have successfully tested with two other players.  Really would like to do a little more testing with one or two others before I roll the fix out (VERY simple fix by the way).  If you'd like to volunteer for testing them please reply here or PM me.  All you need to do is to have CC2 installed and patched to 2.0b.  No other mods initially.

#7: Re: Retail version issue Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:08 am
    —
Hey, can you share your solution? I'm available this weekend to test it.
Also, are you not using the 3.4 patch?

#8: Re: Retail version issue Author: ikrananka PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:51 pm
    —
Ivan_Zaitzev wrote (View Post):
Hey, can you share your solution? I'm available this weekend to test it.
Also, are you not using the 3.4 patch?

I'll send you an email with the patch and we can discuss when we're both available for some testing.

I have been testing both without and with the 3.4 mod.  Note that my patch updates the actual game executable (based on the 2.0b executable) while the 3.4 mod ONLY changes the game data files.  So, they are mutually exclusive and therefore one does not affect the other.

#9: Re: Retail version issue Author: Ivan_Zaitzev PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:27 pm
    —
I just tested this with ikrananka and it worked like a charm, so make that three happy players.

#10: Re: Retail version issue Author: ikrananka PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:30 pm
    —
Mooxe has found the root cause of the problem as discussed here: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10424

My fix is now no longer applicable.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1