Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Battle For Caen

#21: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:46 pm
    —
Thanks Mooxe...you're the man.  I didn't realize this mod's origin is the GJS mod.  The AI performed horrible on that original CC5 mod...interested to see how it compares in TLD.

#22: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:12 pm
    —
Digs wrote (View Post):
@dj
Battle for Caen is the Gold Juno Sword mod for CC5 (Close Combat: Invasion Normandy) converted to The Longest Day or Wacht am Rhein. But it doesn't have all the bugs that came with CC5.

no, it is not, that's a port of TRSM for GJS 4.4 with alot of new things added.
so basically it uses GJS maps and alot of graphics but is not a GJS as it sports all new data, GC, sounds, graphics, etc.

Last edited by Dima on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

#23: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: Dima PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:13 pm
    —
Quote:
I didn't realize this mod's origin is the GJS mod.  The AI performed horrible on that original CC5 mod...interested to see how it compares in TLD.

same shitty - that's a H2H mod.

#24: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:48 pm
    —
Hello Dima I'm sorry if I got that wrong, it's just that there's not much information to go by that's included with the mod. Below is the readme.txt file included with Battle for Caen.

I'm using BfC with Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b and it plays well but it's lacking some sounds. There's only 3 files in the LocalFX folder, Effects.azp, Music.sfx, and Sound.sfx. A lot of the voices are missing. I heard an American voice yelling minefield!, when a single German soldier stepped on one. All of my men were in buildings. I've only been using this mod for 2 days and spotted this. In the Graphics folder there is only 12 files. The mod is stable though, I haven't experienced any crashes and I've played about 15 battles so far using the BfC Campaign.

readme.txt
Battle for Caen Mod v0.93 for TLD

by Dima and nikin, initial porting DAK_Legion

Compatible with: TLD versions 5.50.13 and 5.50.14b

Works with GameRanger
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's explained better in the download section of CCS...
This is the plugin Battle for Caen for The Longest Day. It is a version of Gold Juno Sword originally for CC5. Dima and Nikin have substantially changed the data, added new sounds and weapons and ported it to TLD.

#25: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: Dima PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:34 am
    —
Quote:
I'm using BfC with Wacht am Rhein v4.50.15b and it plays well but it's lacking some sounds. There's only 3 files in the LocalFX folder, Effects.azp, Music.sfx, and Sound.sfx. A lot of the voices are missing. I heard an American voice yelling minefield!, when a single German soldier stepped on one. All of my men were in buildings. I've only been using this mod for 2 days and spotted this. In the Graphics folder there is only 12 files. The mod is stable though, I haven't experienced any crashes and I've played about 15 battles so far using the BfC Campaign.

BfC uses default voices, so try to just copy voices from TLD.
The Germans are in attack in WAR and probably use ggervox for the US and erusvox for the Germans while TLD uses them vice-versa.

#26: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:20 pm
    —
Thanks for the info, I guess I have to wait for TLD to go on sale.

#27: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:51 pm
    —
Battle for Caen installer version 0.93.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4211

#28: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:15 pm
    —
Ah, very good, thanks Mooxe!.

#29: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:21 pm
    —
I downloaded the file and it's only 39.2MB, instead of 320.46MB.

#30: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:23 pm
    —
I am still uploading...

#31: Re: Installer version of the Battle for Caen mod Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:25 pm
    —
Oh, I thought the upload was already completed. I guess that a good explanation then.  Laughing

Close Combat Series -> Battle For Caen

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2