Re-Releases/Mods and Game Ranger
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#1: Re-Releases/Mods and Game Ranger Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:45 am
    —
I'm just curious.

How many Mods for the re-releases have been formatted to be used in Game Ranger?

Seems to me that everyone I've downloaded has used the /D switch and not a plugin.

Are the reasons for not using ModSwap based on............

1) It is better to do a Direct Connect than to use Game Ranger.
2) The Mod/ini is too time consuming to create.
3) I didn't know.
4) Other (Please explain)

I also wonder is the use of the /D switch having a negative impact for online play?
Or no impact at all?

#2: Re: Re-Releases/Mods and Game Ranger Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:29 am
    —
4) Other - using /D option avoids possible corruption of the original game files and allows multiple mods to be installed at the same time

#3: Re: Re-Releases/Mods and Game Ranger Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:43 am
    —
Are you able to use multiplayer through the /D switch?

#4: Re: Re-Releases/Mods and Game Ranger Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:50 pm
    —
Yes, you can play mods H2H using the /D switch.

The only catch I have noticed is that if you manually create the mod directory that the two players playing the mod must have the same directory name. This is not an issue if you use the mods that use the installer as it creates the same directory name....

#5: Re: Re-Releases/Mods and Game Ranger Author: BAGLA PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:15 am
    —
So how play in Game ranger with Meuse crossing 1940? step by step please

Thanks

#6: Re: Re-Releases/Mods and Game Ranger Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:25 am
    —
Sorry can't help you as I connect directly from within CC when I play H2H after sending an email or IM to the person I planned to play the game with....

#7: Re: Re-Releases/Mods and Game Ranger Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:59 pm
    —
It appears to me that if one followed the instructions when creating a plugin to be used with ModSwap there is no way for files to get corrupted.
Especially when ModSwap does create a Back up folder to relocate the original CC files.

One can even protect there mod from being overwritten from lets say for example "Billy's Exact GJS Weapon Data Mod" that he created.
Example:
The [Exclusive Files] Section

This section allows you to list files that, if overwritten by another mod, might cause problems for Close Combat. For example, if your mod installs custom game data files that reference each other, the game will not run properly if some of these data files are overwritten by another mod. To prevent this, list the names of all the files in your mod that must not be overwritten by another mod in the exclusive files section. If the user tries to install another mod that would overwrite one of your mod’s exclusive files, then ModSwap will warn the user and refuse to install the second mod.

Or if the GJS creators didn't protect there Mod he could then use his files as a Sub Mod.

I did not protect the files for Stock Mod for War the first time but I will for .v2.0
I currently feel that ModSwap should be used more.
It's hard enough to find an opponent to play H2H.
I feel it just makes it worse when he has to do a song and dance to connect via the multiplayer screen and not just through Game Ranger of Hamachi.
I will however admit that I do NOT like creating the Mod.ini file

And of course one no has to figure out which file to download.
Why are there two files to download?
Why cant I connect?
Where does the  ___.WaR File go?

No matter what method you like one is still stuck with figuring out to play online.
Not a very good idea for multiplayer if you ask me.

ModSwap: How to

UO0094.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  278.94 KB
 Viewed:  458 Time(s)

UO0094.jpg

#8: Re: Re-Releases/Mods and Game Ranger Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:53 am
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):

It's hard enough to find an opponent to play H2H.
I feel it just makes it worse when he has to do a song and dance to connect via the multiplayer screen and not just through Game Ranger of Hamachi.
I will however admit that I do NOT like creating the Mod.ini file

+1

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1