Anzio mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

#21: Re: Anzio mod Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:32 am
    —
I think I'd like it to be just like the strategy map posted above.
I know the game only represents 25 days.
but why be so stringent on an exact time frame?

One could easily manipulate the graphics for the dates to something else or just plain omit them.

I just don't see how it couldn't include Monte Cassino
And the only way to do the Monastery right would be to see if it could be blown using the Bridge explosion in LSA.

CARRIFRA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.93 KB
 Viewed:  351 Time(s)

CARRIFRA.jpg

CARRIITA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.78 KB

CARRIITA.jpg

CARRIGB.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.76 KB

CARRIGB.jpg

#22: Re: Anzio mod Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:40 am
    —
Why not one more pic just for laughs?

#23: Re: Anzio mod Author: pt11070 PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:45 am
    —
Some really nice maps. How do I make Tga file from bgm CC maps? Feel so rusty...

#24: Re: Anzio mod Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:15 am
    —
With this application pt. Works on all versions except 32bit maps of PITF and LSA.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=601

Place the maps in the same folder as these four files. Run the .bat files for conversions, filenames say which way it converts them to.

#25: Re: Anzio mod Author: southern_land PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:31 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
With this application pt. Works on all versions except 32bit maps of PITF and LSA.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=601

Place the maps in the same folder as these four files. Run the .bat files for conversions, filenames say which way it converts them to.

Should work on LSA maps too I think.  They're no different the previous versions

#26: Re: Anzio mod Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:47 am
    —
I used Mafi's CC2Toolsv5.02
I didn't know there was one that would do them all at once.
So there's 12 maps already codded.
But how do you know what version they were for?
I'm assuming one would need that to know what the elements are.

#27: Re: Anzio mod Author: pt11070 PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:57 am
    —
Thank you so.
Johnsilver, how about Tigers and Panthers in Anzio area? I read in several places that the cats were in the play, but were mostly kept in the distance because of the artillery. I read about Ferdinand's use like you mentioned.
During the rangers offensive Tigers were used as direct support to shoot in the water drainage channel. A lot of armor was lost by Germans that day because of rangers ferocity. But then I read that they all surrendered after they got cut off and out of ammo. They were so close to Cisterna.
Allies had standard Shermans by the bushel, and good number of M10's. Did they anyhing else?
Pt

#28: Re: Anzio mod Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:07 am
    —
I'm reading all about operation shingle. A Anzio mod sounds like it could be very promising idea.

#29: Re: Anzio mod Author: pt11070 PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:57 pm
    —
I like the scope of it. Limited linear front, one main road with terrain that limits every progress to it. Probably good setup for CC3 style campaign without real strategic map or limited strat with 15-20 something maps.

#30: Re: Anzio mod Author: jacquesboot PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:40 pm
    —
It seems that the Italian campaign is a huge opportunity inexplicably missed in the Close Combat series in general. Successive owners and developers have spent their time obsessed with NW Europe and dabbled in Russia a bit, but Anzio (and Cassino combined?)  could be awesome. You'd have everything from swamps, mountains, urban fighting, river crossings and more unit types and nationalities than you could throw many, many sticks at. Actually the Italian front doesn't seem to get much attention in a lot of WWII strategy games from what I can make out.

#31: Re: Anzio mod Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:09 pm
    —
With the ability to add several nations with their own language and graphics files in the new releases an Italian front mod would be great.

#32: Re: Anzio mod Author: jakebullet70Location: Washington State / Kherson Ukraine PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:19 pm
    —
Your right, An Italian campaign would be really cool.   Very Happy

#33: Re: Anzio mod Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:13 am
    —
jacquesboot wrote (View Post):
It seems that the Italian campaign is a huge opportunity inexplicably missed in the Close Combat series in general. Successive owners and developers have spent their time obsessed with NW Europe and dabbled in Russia a bit, but Anzio (and Cassino combined?)  could be awesome. You'd have everything from swamps, mountains, urban fighting, river crossings and more unit types and nationalities than you could throw many, many sticks at. Actually the Italian front doesn't seem to get much attention in a lot of WWII strategy games from what I can make out.

Yea. And its worth mentioning that it was a intense bloody slug fest.
A bloody brutal campaign.

#34: Re: Anzio mod Author: UberdaveLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:39 pm
    —
Yes, Italy has long been ignored in the CC world.

CSO_Azrael and I were working on an Anzio/Monte Cassino mod for CC5 back in 2006-2007. I was doing the data and research, he was making maps and altering the GUI. Never finished it, but still have the research, pics, and partially completed data files.

Close Combat Series -> Modding Workshop

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
Page 2 of 2