Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Leader
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Leader Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:49 pm
    —

A few days ago I started a Let's Play for Close Combat 5, with the Stalingrad Mod. It's proven very popular and currently 31 people have signed up to be part of it. So I thought I'd give you guys the chance to be squad leaders too.

Basically, I need your help to fight the Russians. Let me know if you want to be a squad leader and I'll put you in charge. If you die, you die. So don't die!

Close Combat 5 Invasion Normandy, with the Stalingrad Mod.

Playlist

Episode 1 - Want to be a Squad Leader???
Episode 2 - BattleGroup Mansoon
Episode 3 - Kampfgruppe MAGNUS
Episode 4 - Bloody T34's!
Episode 5 - Can we take the Airfield?
Episode 6 - Take the Trenches!
Episode 7 - FIRST CASUALTY!
Episode 8 - Short Sharp Fight!
Episode 9 - "Everything's Happening Everywhere!"
Episode 10 - ANOTHER CASUALTY
Episode 11 - IRON CROSS!
Episode 12 - Tank Attacks!
Episode 13 - Terrible Losses
Episode 14 - Airfield Anguish
Episode 15 - Airfield Blues
Episode 16 - Bloody Luftwaffe
Episode 17 - NOOOO!!!
Episode 18 - NEW BATTLEGROUP!
Episode 19 - Push Harder!
Episode 20 - Mooxe!
Episode 21 - A Promotion!... to replace our loss
Episode 22- CLOSE Infantry Assaults
Episode 23 - Take the Airfield AT ANY COST
Episode 24 - Didn't Forget the Artillery this Time Wink
Episode 25 - New Leaders for BG Tao!
Episode 26 - Even More T34's
Episode 27 - They're Trapped
Episode 28 - BIG Gun Colin
Episode 29 - Den, Digs and Liquid
Episode 30 - All Out Attack!
Episode 31 - New Recruits Needed
Episode 32 - Another New Battlegroup!
Episode 33 - The Massacre
Episode 34 - Light Tanks Attack
Episode 35 - Artillery Conquers
Episode 36 - Two New Recruits!
Episode 37 - BG Mansoon vs T34s
Episode 38 - Bungarra's Brother!
Episode 39 - City Fight

Squad Leader Diaries - Fluff Very Happy

Last edited by TheImperatorKnight on Mon May 26, 2014 6:56 pm; edited 19 times in total

#2: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:20 pm
    —
Nice vids there, I think that's actually a great initiative to make people more engaged! Nice work, perhaps we'll get a few new users thanks to this. Although I think you should include the soldier details tab in your videos, I think it would make it even more interesting to see who's unit did what and if they got any medals.

#3: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:25 pm
    —
Where do I sign up for the Heer?  Very Happy
Squad commander is nice, but is there any chance for me being a sniper though?

#4: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:29 pm
    —
Thanks DoktorPaj! I'll have the soldier details tab in future episodes. From episode 5 (not yet public on youtube), I start showing kills and medals etc at the end of each video

Do you want a squad? There's some room left, especially in Battlegroup Magnus.

#5: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:30 pm
    —
Gunche, not sure if there's any snipers in the current battlegroups Sad are you sure you want to be one? One hit and you're dead!

#6: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:34 pm
    —
Lead a unit? Sure, unless anyone else has it I think I would like the Platoon leader squad in the Support Platoon (or engineer platoon).

#7: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:51 pm
    —
I'll see what I can do Paj. I'll let you know which episode you're in as soon as I can.

#8: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:34 pm
    —
Very happy to see people still playing on it 7 years after its release! Was worth the efforts and the work that was invested in it!
Thank you guys!

#9: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:43 pm
    —
I'll keep following the series as long as you play it! As someone who has only played AI I find it interesting to see the methods and tactics you use.

#10: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 pm
    —
@ Manoi, do you want a squad to command?

@Paj, are my methods and tactics any different from what you'd use? I'm finding myself being stupidly cautious in this series because I don't want to get anyone killed Laughing

#11: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:58 pm
    —
Quote:
One hit and you're dead!

Well thats the thing about war, isn't it?  Wink
Put me in a Schützen squad, I won't disapoint you, sir!  Laughing

#12: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:04 pm
    —
Gunsche wrote (View Post):
Quote:
One hit and you're dead!

Well thats the thing about war, isn't it?  Wink
Put me in a Schützen squad, I won't disapoint you, sir!  Laughing

Ok I will do! You, Manoi and Paj will be in episode 6 Wink

#13: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:53 pm
    —
I tend to be very careful when I play, and usually start off with a defensive stance and wait for the enemy, who are usually the Russians in a late war campaign as I like to play the underdog side, to give the first blow. Mainly because the Russians have more manpower than me, and I need to "even the odds" before I counterattack them after I have repelled them.  But also when I face enemy tanks and have little to no tanks myself I need to keep my head down and let the enemy come close in range of the various infantry anti-tank weapons available.
Since Stalingrad is a pretty fair mod with plenty of armor available for both sides I think it is interesting to see how exactly one would advance against an equal opponent.

I am currently playing the Karelia II mod playing as the Finnish forces as I enjoy having plenty of mobile infantry with good AT-capability defending against mechanized units in the dense forests. One of my favorite mods actually, it is the main reason I spent so many hours experimenting and trying to get CC5 installed again.

#14: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:55 am
    —
What the hell... put me down....  Laughing

#15: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:17 am
    —
You're in Episode 6 Wink

#16: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:05 pm
    —
I don't have CC5 anymore... :s

#17: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:24 pm
    —
CC5 Stalingrad Mod is a classic. By the way, why does CCS not have its own channel for all kind of CC related videos of our community?

#18: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:32 pm
    —
Just watched Video five and six, really nice there! Looking forward to the next.

#19: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:53 pm
    —
ke_mechial wrote (View Post):
CC5 Stalingrad Mod is a classic. By the way, why does CCS not have its own channel for all kind of CC related videos of our community?

Easy answer. Nobody has shown an interest in starting the channel. TIK is really the first person to show an interest AND interact with the community. Theres a few other video makers out there, but they were not part of the community. Maybe its time to start one?

#20: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:17 pm
    —
Saw the latest vid
What am I doing you say? Im chilling with the bunch of partisans we found in woods!
They had loads of Vodka, why leave in such a hurry?  Laughing

By the way, you pronounce Gunsche like you did the second time, with the E.  Wink

#21: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:21 pm
    —
Good stuff.  Cool

Sign me up if you can!

#22: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:10 pm
    —
I think an official CCS channel on youtube could be a pretty good idea.

#23: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:49 pm
    —
Saw the latest vid
What am I doing you say? Im chilling with the bunch of partisans we found in woods!
They had loads of Vodka, why leave in such a hurry?  Laughing

By the way, you pronounce Gunsche like you did the second time, with the E.  Wink

Laughing tbh, that's a good way to survive the war! However, I'm going to have to punish you next time for fraternizing with the enemy - you'll be right the front ;)

dgfred wrote (View Post):

Good stuff. Cool

Sign me up if you can!

@dgfred, consider it done! You'll be in episode 7 I think.

mooxe wrote (View Post):

ke_mechial wrote (View Post):

Easy answer. Nobody has shown an interest in starting the channel. TIK is really the first person to show an interest AND interact with the community. Theres a few other video makers out there, but they were not part of the community. Maybe its time to start one?

My mission is to keep this series alive, which is why I have tried my best to be as much involved with everything as possible. I know from experience that the more videos that are out there, the more people discover this series, the more multiplayers there are and the more people play or take an interest in it behind the scenes. But then you need the forums and the websites to provide a base for the community to meet, speak and debate. This was part of the reason I created my website too, to provide a place for my CC subs to hang out, because it's hard to meet people through youtube. I'd argue that the best way to revive this series is to integrate both videos and websites together in one interconnecting loop.

As far as an "official" channel is concerned, I'll offer advice where I can. You could have a "CloseCombatSeries" channel, but tbh I'd like to see a "Mooxe" channel. The one thing with youtube is that it's personal, and an "Official" channel might be less effective than a channel that's less formal, if that makes sense. You can have both of course (although that'll be more work), or a "Mooxe" channel could be the official CCS channel too, but my advice is to not be formal with it.

#24: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:22 pm
    —
I'm not sure what I'm signing up for.
Playing?
Or having my name entered as one of the Units?

I had always thought it would be fun to add everyone's name from this site to the Team names file.
maybe have a thread depicting what side you want to be listed as.

This way you could watch/wait/see where Mooxe pops up
Gunner?Commander?
How long does he survive?

#25: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:41 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Playing?

I had always thought it would be fun to add everyone's name from this site to the Team names file.

Gunner?Commander?

The name entered as one of the units. Pick wisely, otherwise you might not survive the battle for the city. You can influence me though, saying what unit you want, and what you want me to do with your unit.

#26: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:43 pm
    —
Quote:
However, I'm going to have to punish you next time for fraternizing with the enemy - you'll be right the front Wink

Can't wait to see whats up next for my band of schützen: an iron cross, or a wooden one?
Suddenly I regret not signing up for the Luftwaffe!
Never mind! Come on! I can take your bullets! etc etc  Wink

#27: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:46 pm
    —
Episodes 5 and 6 are up. I've updated the first post with the links too.

Episode 5 - Can we take the Airfield?
Episode 6 - Take the Trenches!

Episode 7 will be up later today on CloseCombatFanatics.com

#28: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: ManoiLocation: Brussels PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:31 pm
    —
I was a bit afraid you send me alone in the forest! Wink

#29: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:12 pm
    —
TheImperatorKnight wrote (View Post):
Playing?

Gunner?Commander?

The name entered as one of the units. Pick wisely, otherwise you might not survive the battle for the city. You can influence me though, saying what unit you want, and what you want me to do with your unit.

I would like a Pioneer unit if possible  Cool . Or a Mortar unit  Wink .

#30: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:24 pm
    —
dgfred - sadly I've just uploaded episode 7... and you're in it!

It's not public on youtube yet, but I'll pm you the link Wink

#31: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:26 pm
    —
Dang tom... if you were not shooting them you were running them over  Shocked in Episode 6.

Nice work

#32: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:27 pm
    —
dgfred - sadly I've just uploaded episode 7... and you're in it!

It's not public on youtube yet, but I'll pm you the link Wink

No problem... get me in when you can or I can just watch. Thanks.

#33: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:41 pm
    —
Episode 7 - FIRST CASUALTY!

@dgFred, don't worry, you're in it!

#34: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:18 pm
    —
Nice fight. Taking out their tank plummets their morale.  Wink

#35: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Antony_nz PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:50 am
    —
Hey til. Great idea, I don't have the net and I'm writing from a smart phone. Can't wait to see your new videos and get involved. Hows hio3 going? Hope alls well
Smile

#36: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:47 am
    —
Antony_nz wrote (View Post):
Hey til. Great idea, I don't have the net and I'm writing from a smart phone. Can't wait to see your new videos and get involved. Hows hio3 going? Hope alls well
Smile

I was wondering why you were so quiet recently! Well, I'll put you in episode 9 anyway, even though you can't watch it Wink

Between my youtube channel, my new website, the tournament I'm doing as well as real life, I've abandoned HOI3 and pretty much any other game. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

#37: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Gunsche PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:02 pm
    —
Am I stupid or is the video up on fanatics or not?
I see it but there is no video, like just a placeholder.

#38: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 pm
    —
Am I stupid or is the video up on fanatics or not?
I see it but there is no video, like just a placeholder.

You mean for episode 8? Yeah there's some sort of error. The coding is right but it won't display. I think it doesn't like the link.

Here's the direct link to Episode 8 on youtube.

#39: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:22 pm
    —
Episode 8 was nice, bit short tough. But we'll probably see longer fighting once in the city.
Oh and "Paj" is pronounced like "Pie". "Paj" actually means "pie" in Swedish.

#40: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:29 pm
    —
Episode 9 is up!

Paj, yeah the battles can be short sometimes. That's a problem with CC though. And sorry I didn't say your name right. I'll get it right next time Wink

#41: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:17 am
    —
@TheImperatorKnight
Digs at your service, I'd like to be one of your squad leaders.  Very Happy

#42: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:54 am
    —
Can I be a MarkIV team?

#43: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:27 pm
    —
Episode 10 and Episode 11 are up! Sorry for the delay!

@Digs, there's limited space left, but I'll fit you in asap!

@Platoon Michael, you're in it as Engineers atm, and I guess I can transfer you to Kampfgruppe Magnus. Only issue is that Magnus' battlegroup is full. If and when a MarkIV becomes available, I'll transfer you.

#44: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DigsLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:16 am
    —
Alright!, thanks very much!. Great videos ImperatorKnight.  Cool

#45: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:17 pm
    —
I think you did exceptionally well against that amount of Armour... wouldn't like to oppose that amount again though  Shocked

#46: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:13 pm
    —
Everybody sing along - "Please please please dont die Gripen, you are our last hope. Why, why, why?"  Very Happy

#47: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:34 pm
    —
pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Everybody sing along - "Please please please dont die Gripen, you are our last hope. Why, why, why?"  Very Happy

Congratulations! You've just been conscripted Wink

#48: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:04 pm
    —
Episode 12 is up! And wow, what's with all those T34's!!?

#49: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:19 pm
    —
Terrible Losses... Episode 13

#50: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:26 pm
    —
I was thinking you weren't doing to bad...

Are you playing at 800x600? screen res looks low.

#51: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:46 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
I was thinking you weren't doing to bad...

Are you playing at 800x600? screen res looks low.

Yes I am... I forgot to turn my resolution up in-game Embarassed

In fairness though, it looks nice being zoomed in. More intense

#52: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:48 pm
    —
Episode 14... Will we take the Airfield at last?

If anyone has any suggestions for me btw, I'd be happy to hear them. We're facing a lot of enemy tanks and have very few tanks and AT guns left!

Also, we do have more BGs now so I have more squad leader spots available! Want to be part of the LP? Let me know!

#53: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:31 pm
    —
And a host of new episodes I (sadly) didn't have have time to post here. Saying that, I kinda felt like I was spamming. But this is why you guys should subscribe!

Episode 14 - Airfield Anguish
Episode 15 - Airfield Blues
Episode 16 - Bloody Luftwaffe
Episode 17 - NOOOO!!!
Episode 18 - NEW BATTLEGROUP!
Episode 19 - Push Harder!
Episode 20 - Mooxe!

Just want to apologize to those who lost their squads fighting to reach the Volga. I did my best to keep you alive but secretly I blame you really  Wink

#54: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:37 pm
    —
I died... guess I'll unsub.... haha

#55: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:51 pm
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
I died... guess I'll unsub.... haha

You can't because you're dead Wink

#56: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:01 pm
    —
Episode 21 is here!

After losing Devon, we have no choice but to promote another to be a Platoon Leader.

#57: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Siwy89 PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:34 pm
    —
I will gladly join, how can I aply?

#58: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:48 am
    —
Siwy89 wrote (View Post):
I will gladly join, how can I aply?

You just have Very Happy you'll probably be in it around episode 24

#59: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: DoktorPajLocation: Norrköping PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:32 pm
    —
I think we need a flame engineer squad named after our Glorious Leader to honor his latest feat.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kim-jong-un-executes-security-minister-3386271

#60: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:31 pm
    —
Haha... no prisoners taken by my unit in battle 13!  Twisted Evil

#61: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:22 pm
    —
TIK... at the airfield map lure the Russians north by sneaking to the top VL. When they move north to recapture go in from the south.

Wink

#62: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:51 pm
    —
DoktorPaj wrote (View Post):
I think we need a flame engineer squad named after our Glorious Leader to honor his latest feat.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/kim-jong-un-executes-security-minister-3386271  

I'm tempted. But would this be in poor taste?

TIK... at the airfield map lure the Russians north by sneaking to the top VL. When they move north to recapture go in from the south.

Wink

Oh don't worry, I have a cunning plan to capture the airfield... *ominous music begins to play*

#63: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:08 pm
    —
Episode 22- really CLOSE Infantry Assaults. Nice work guys!

#64: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:55 pm
    —
what software you use to make these recordings?

#65: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:36 am
    —
0202243 wrote (View Post):

Hey 0202243! I use Bandicam and I highly recommend it. I've never had an issue with it http://www.bandicam.com/

Here is a video I made showing you how to record using Bandicam, clear up your audio and do editing using Windows Movie Maker.

If you end up creating your own CC videos, let me know. I'll subscribe Smile

#66: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:10 pm
    —
Take the Airfield AT ANY COST- Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod 23 - HERE

All deaths are worth it, so long as the city falls.

#67: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:25 am
    —
Nice charge!  Cool

Your air strike and arty might have finished them off too... but you will have them in the pm now.

Enjoyed the battle and your comments  Smile .

#68: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:20 pm
    —
Nice charge!  Cool

Your air strike and arty might have finished them off too... but you will have them in the pm now.

Enjoyed the battle and your comments  Smile .

Thanks dgfred! I enjoyed that battle quite a lot as you could probably tell Very Happy

#69: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:00 am
    —
Episode 24 - Didn't Forget the Artillery this Time Wink

#70: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:05 pm
    —
Wink

A proper spanking  Cool  . Way to go!

*You can move those corner boxes by right-clicking on them.

#71: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: 0202243 PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:10 pm
    —

Hey 0202243! I use Bandicam and I highly recommend it. I've never had an issue with it http://www.bandicam.com/

Here is a video I made showing you how to record using Bandicam, clear up your audio and do editing using Windows Movie Maker.

Hi, I started to use bandicam and it works really good... but I have trouble working with windows movie maker.
It's pretty stupid.
I live in Belgium, but my laptop is an USA model.
So when I want to buy the movie maker app, the system refuses to accept my real adress etc (I don't know why) and the free version doesn't allow me to upload movies for editing.

#72: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:34 pm
    —
Hey TIK, if this is till going I'd like to be in it. Sign me up as a schutzen half team and roleplay me as an old sgt (most likely a demoted Lt. For reasons unknown)in charge of a bunch of rookies, that has lost his hatred for the enemy and replaced it with respect and a "wtf are we doing here?" attitude that just wqnts to keep living for a chance to see his little daughter again.  Razz

#73: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:47 pm
    —
Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Hey TIK, if this is till going I'd like to be in it. Sign me up as a schutzen half team and roleplay me as an old sgt (most likely a demoted Lt. For reasons unknown)in charge of a bunch of rookies, that has lost his hatred for the enemy and replaced it with respect and a "wtf are we doing here?" attitude that just wqnts to keep living for a chance to see his little daughter again.  Razz

Hey, yes it is still going! I just haven't had time to keep this thread updated, sorry Crying or Very sad

Episode 25 - New Leaders for BG Tao!
Episode 26 - Even More T34's
Episode 27 - They're Trapped
Episode 28 - BIG Gun Colin
Episode 29 - Den, Digs and Liquid

Hi, I started to use bandicam and it works really good... but I have trouble working with windows movie maker.
It's pretty stupid.
I live in Belgium, but my laptop is an USA model.
So when I want to buy the movie maker app, the system refuses to accept my real adress etc (I don't know why) and the free version doesn't allow me to upload movies for editing.

Sorry for not getting back to you. Movie Maker is free! And you don't upload the videos straight from Movie Maker. Publish them to your hard drive, then use Youtube to upload them.

See my video on recording, audio fixing and using windows movie maker Here

#74: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:20 pm
    —
I think someone wanted a name file with closecombatseries.net members, well here it is http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=54749&highlight=#54749

#75: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 7:58 pm
    —
I think someone wanted a name file with closecombatseries.net members, well here it is http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=54749&highlight=#54749  

Haha that's awesome!

Also, forgot to say, I've added you to my list for the LP Smile

#76: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:58 pm
    —
Episode 30

And, for the first time, the LINK to episode 31 - which I normally would put early on my website, but we're desperate for replacement squad leaders because so many are dead we have a new unit and need leaders for the squads.

If you want to be a squad leader, let me know!

STALINGRAD WILL FALL!

#77: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:08 am
    —
Isn't there reincarnation in this game?

#78: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:11 am
    —
Isn't there reincarnation in this game?

This isn't a game, it's real life Wink

To quote myself - "If you die, you die. So don't die!"

#79: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: dgfredLocation: N.C., USA PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:18 pm
    —
Well... you are welcomed to sign up my twin- dgfred(2) for a command  Smile  .

Thanks for posting.

#80: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:55 pm
    —
2 More episodes since last time!

Episode 32 - Another New Battlegroup!
Episode 33 - The Massacre

#81: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:24 pm
    —
The leader of my squad died, does that mean I'm out??

#82: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:49 pm
    —
The leader of my squad died, does that mean I'm out??

No. You're only out if your entire unit gets wiped out. If one man survives, you survive  Smile

#83: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:40 pm
    —
Episode 34 - Light Tanks Attack

#84: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Patton2525 PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:01 pm
    —
Hi Tik,
I am Bungarra's brother.
I wish to contribute, prefer tanks but will go anywhere.
Cool
Patton2525

#85: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:01 pm
    —
Patton2525 wrote (View Post):
Hi Tik,
I am Bungarra's brother.
I wish to contribute, prefer tanks but will go anywhere.
Cool
Patton2525

Great! This LP is now a family thing Smile You want to be in the same Battlegroup as your brother?

Not sure if I have any tanks left, but we might have other vehicles. I'll do my best to fit you into a vehicle.

#86: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:05 pm
    —
heh Tik

Don't want to be like the Sullivans  Wink

#87: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:13 pm
    —
Yeah HMAS Bungarra sounds to wierd.

#88: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:50 pm
    —
Too true, can't swim  Wink

#89: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:43 pm
    —
Saving Private Bungarra ?

#90: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:27 pm
    —
A few episodes to catch up on, if you're not subscribed. But Bungarra and Patton should definitely check out the new Episode 38 ;)

Episode 35 - Artillery Conquers
Episode 36 - Two New Recruits!
Episode 37 - BG Mansoon vs T34s
Episode 38 - Bungarra's Brother!

Just like to apologize now though. Sorry Sad

#91: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:11 pm
    —
After his AT gun got hit by a T34, Patton rushed (in a round about way) to the nearest battle point. With communication lost he was unable to hear his commanders order to withdraw! Holding, then gallantly retaking the area against far superior odds.. abandoned by his commander, waiting for reinforcements that never came...  Patton ran out of ammunition & was forced to surrender... he then became a scape goat for his commanders rash decision to withdraw... he is not a happy camper... but he vows to escape from the Bolsheviks & clear his name   :wink:

Bungarra understandably was devastated by the news that his brother was MIA.

He was heard to say "I'm gonna make those Ruskie bastards pay"

#92: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:24 am
    —
Bungarra wrote (View Post):
he then became a scape goat for his commanders rash decision to withdraw...

Well Laughing

Bungarra wrote (View Post):

but he vows to escape from the Bolsheviks & clear his name   Wink

This gave me an idea...

#93: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: Pzt_KanovLocation: México PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:56 pm
    —
This would be 10 times more awesome if you edited the names of the soldier to correspond to the users!

You need a good hex editor though...

#94: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:01 am
    —
This would be 10 times more awesome if you edited the names of the soldier to correspond to the users!

You need a good hex editor though...

True, but the problem would be that they'd die too easily Sad

Cameron the sniper got killed in his second mission, for example. That's not a lot of fun for him. Having a whole squad gives everyone a good chance overall and makes it fun when they've lost half a squad and are still in the middle of a firefight.

#95: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:57 pm
    —
Episode 39 - City Fight!

I like urban warfare  Smile

#96: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:23 pm
    —
Episode 40 - Mamayev Kurgan
Episode 41 - VANDOOOO!

Couple more videos :)

Feels like we're getting to the end of the mission.

#97: Re: Close Combat 5 Stalingrad Mod Let's Play - Be a Squad Le Author: BungarraLocation: Murchison region, West Australia PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:59 am
    —
Suddenly a Fierce storm rolled in causing acute flooding to the battlefiled

Both sides calling a halt to offensives because the battlefield is a mire & impassable.

Hostilities will resume as soon as the battlefield dries out enough to do so  Very Happy  Wink

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1