Rebel Yell
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Rebel Yell Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:46 pm
    —
An interesting Video, where real Civil War veterans reacting the Rebel Yell...

Link

#2: Re: Rebel Yell Author: carusoLocation: Livorno PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:53 pm
    —
very good  Wink

#3: Re: Rebel Yell Author: HogansHeros PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:59 am
    —
I think the guy at 3:15 was loosing his false teeth.
It is interesting that there doesn't appear to be any definitive "the rebel yell" but just yelling, mostly in a higher register.
At the end of Ken Burn's civil war documentary there is video of someone doing a rebel yell at (I think) one of the last Gettysburg reunions.

#4: Re: Rebel Yell Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:47 pm
    —
I am actually more excited about the live footage of civil war veterans, not only Yells. There is even limited interviews with ww 1 veterans. It would be have been even greater  if they could interview these old men in 30s. But unfortunately then, even film shooting was a limited thing.

#5: Re: Rebel Yell Author: pvt_GruntLocation: Melbourne, Australia PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:21 pm
    —
In the very early days it was be a big honour to have your photo taken. Families would dress up, the photographer would set up all his equipment - what a change from now!
I read sometimes about the pace of change in our modern world, but think of all the changes these people saw from the Civil War days.
Steam power, powered flight, photography and movies, electricity, the end of sailing ships, motor cars!
They all seem a little out of place (and time) in this clip.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1