Pretty good job
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

#1: Pretty good job Author: Piper_1 PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:59 pm
    —
I've been away for a while, but I couldn't resist PiTF, I like it, I like the confusion of not being able to see the whole map, and making the strat map crucial to the tactical maps is fantastic, I'm happy after a morning play testing. A big well done from me.........

#2: Re: Pretty good job Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:25 pm
    —
Ditto...PitF is not as bad as I thought it might be.  I had an ace Panther hiding in tree-line wasting numerous AI tanks...then the AI regrouped and hunted me down and finally took out my Panther.  Not bad for AI.

#3: Re: Pretty good job Author: Piper_1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:57 am
    —
I'm really impressed, the one thing I've spotted is troop survivability, the game talks about tracking the experience of your troops through out the entire game, but......they don't last long. I do like the ability of mortars to zero in, a very supportive action.

Two days in and i'm still very happy.

PS....PiTF has the best looking strat map by far........... A very happy Piper out   Very Happy

#4: Re: Pretty good job Author: Stwa PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:07 pm
    —
Yes, Yes ...

But by "troop survivability", I suppose you are not refering to the survivability of enemy troops.  Question

I wonder how well they are surviving in your games.  Laughing

#5: Re: Pretty good job Author: Piper_1 PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:30 pm
    —
I am pleased to report a small group of troops fresh with their new shiny Iron crosses......... Very Happy

the more I play the more I like this game. I just want to say a big thank you to the whole CC community for keeping this series alive,and a big thank you to Mooxe and troop for keeping the web site running.......

Mooxe if I don't have paypal how can I donate?.........piper

#6: Re: Pretty good job Author: mooxe PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 pm
    —
There is no other way Piper.

Last edited by mooxe on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: Pretty good job Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:33 pm
    —
Panthers isn't as bad as some think  Smile

#8: Re: Pretty good job Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:23 am
    —
Panthers in the Fog without edit is a good close combat but personally it is the worse CC for be edited, it gives a lot of headaches because it is the most different from all the CC.

#9: Re: Pretty good job Author: johnsilverLocation: Florida PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:42 pm
    —
Quote:
it gives a lot of headaches because it is the most different from all the CC.

It's the most different to get used to for sure. You can throw away a lot of what one used to do in earlier versions with the newer PiTF. MG's pick up targets and will gun infantry down. Mortars will blast anything to bits.. Literally.. Pathing of vehicles is "better", it's not perfect, but it is a bit better.

It's not a game dominated by armor, as was most of the older titles, but mortars, MG's.. AT guns will hit and kill early..

What it could use Nomada? One of your super nice mods.  Smile

#10: Re: Pretty good job Author: Nomada_Firefox PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:52 am
    —
johnsilver wrote (View Post):
Quote:
it gives a lot of headaches because it is the most different from all the CC.

What it could use Nomada? One of your super nice mods.  Smile

I start to think that this game can not be modded friendly.......and a CC without mods is a shit.

#11: Re: Pretty good job Author: Hesus PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:17 am
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote (View Post):

.and a CC without mods is a shit.

I feel the same way. Smile

#12: Re: Pretty good job Author: dj PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:38 pm
    —
Almost done with the Grand Campaign playing as Krauts.  The Strategic map and AI movement has been the achilles heel playing against the AI.  The AI gets themselves cut-off and surrounded repeatedly on the strategic map.  Even playing conservatively I keep encircling the AI forces.  As usual the only thing the AI can do is outnumber me with more resources but the numerical advantages are made useless when they keep getting cut-off and running out of supplies.

#13: Re: Pretty good job Author: vobbnobb PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:45 am
    —
I still prefer W.A.R. over PITF

Honestly these games make you read a books about the campaigns like operation Luttich as it seems you will gain the upper hand doing it, no bull.

The maps are downright beautiful, PITF doesn't allow you a quick clean battle because the maps are massive and so are the hiding places. The maps are great for campaigns though.
The strat map I though has too much going on it it seems but the stat map strikes are pretty awesome
It's just not really that fun playing as allies with the constant "bailing out" messages against the panther A tanks and vet mark IVs  Rolling Eyes
It requires the realization that the allied vehicles just CAN NOT go head to head with the panthers, or get anything done head on with most of the axis armor, without ambushing near a building or trees until a panther rolls by to attack the sides.

This game requires a different style of of fighting, but I'm still working on my tactics for this as it is way different style of play than other cc series when you look into it.
I have found that most of the time I can only win defending areas in ambush. In offense going down a long road from a tiny corner of the map, forget it.

#14: Re: Pretty good job Author: Schmal_Turm PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:51 am
    —
I was somewhat surprised to find a number of good reports at this tread on PiTF. I had gotten used to hearing the critiques about all the problems with this game. I haven't played it for sometime so I was kinda anxious to get back to it. I was really impressed with the beautiful maps (I like large maps anyway) and I believe my German units were more likely to take matters into their own hands, so to speak, instead of waiting for my every command, such as shooting at the ememy units. I even had a soldier sneak in a ravine and even though I never directed it it entered into a building for a VL. Maybe it was doing it to have some protection, but it moved on it's own anyway. Now I am not happy to find in some of these games that a German tank moved on its own and got destroyed as a result so I am somewhat loathe to have any movement take place that I didn't direct. I have had many times where a unit I had directed to move was utterly wasted because I forgot about it and it kept moving into the line of fire. It seems to me that when an infantry unit is taking so much fire from high explosive rounds that it should move out of the line of fire. But being good little soldiers I guess they just keep letting themselves get hit until they are ineffective or are totally wiped out. Don't really believe real soldiers would stick around that long.

Last edited by Schmal_Turm on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

#15: Re: Pretty good job Author: Stwa PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:25 am
    —
johnsilver wrote (View Post):
It's not a game dominated by armor, as was most of the older titles, but mortars, MG's.. AT guns will hit and kill early..

I have played a lot of single player games since I got PiTF. Because the map are big, I use FORCE MORALE.

In so doing, I never even mouse over the infantry teams. They are simply not necessary.

#16: Re: Pretty good job Author: qwaqwe PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:35 pm
    —
Nice game, but

- Teams are small
- Maps are huge
- Too much victory points.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Panthers in the Fog

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1