CC3 Freezing problem
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: CC3 Freezing problem Author: TakingBackGunch PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:27 pm
    —
I recently installed Close combat 3 on my windows 8 laptop. I got it working, however during gameplay the screen will freeze periodically. I can still hear the game playing, but the screen is frozen. Only thing I can do is hit ESC and quit to main menu where I have to completely quit the game and reload or the screen will remain frozen during gameplay.  I read somewhere that Direct Draw acceleration may need to be turned off, but windows 8 does not give me the option to do that.

#2: Re: CC3 Freezing problem Author: mooxe PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:07 pm
    —
You can try running it in compatibility mode. In Windows7 you just right click the desktop icon, go to properties and select the compatibility tab. You will see the options from there.

I also had this problem with CC5 but it went away without my intervention. The game would appear to freeze, the sound carried on, the timer carrier on to. I think its partially a video problem since in both our cases the game was still playing in the "background." Compatibility mode did not fix it for me, I really don't know why it went away. Something on our computers was interrupting the video stream to do something else.

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1