Online wargaming
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: Online wargaming Author: Styer27 PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:11 am
    —
Hi guys, Its been a few years now but im pretty much back online now and Looking to do some serious wargaming. I would be starting up a campaign in close combat 2 usually, but ive lost my disk, plus i know how much of a nightmare it is to run on newer computers. As far as the new series goes, wacht em rein and cross of iron etc, i havent seen any of them in stores here, and i shop at the gamestores almost weekly. I know some will say its this price on amazon or that price at ebay, i wont bother chasing it, caus i know ill be dissapointed. So, with that said, im interested in any suggestions you guys have to similar wargames that are easily accesable.

I just purchased 3 games, Panzercorps - a remake of panzer general, Iron Front liberation 1944, and Stronghold. But as usuall they arent what i was looking for, ill throw them on the pile of 30+ unused wargames in my cupboard. Im looking for something with an in depth campaign that can be played online, with the results of one encounter progressed to the next, like the campaigns in close combat. Does anyone have any suggestions? What is everyone playing now?

While i wait for a decent wargame to show up, i have been hanging out and playing at the following places:

http://www.fightingflattops.com/  a navy game, free to play online. A must look for any armchair admirals out there.

XCOM enemy unknown.  Turn based squad combat. Online skirmishes.

ARMA 2, dayz mod. Zombie apocalypse survival, FPS

Anyone else playing these games? If so friend me.

Anyway ill try anything tactical or warfare related, tell me where yous are all hanging out and ill come join ya.
Take it easy lads!

#2: Re: Online wargaming Author: TheImperatorKnight PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:09 pm
    —
Hello Styler! The new CC games aren't in the shops. They're only available to purchase/download/get the boxed edition at Matrix Games. Click HERE and scroll down to see the Close Combat games available. There's 2 new CC games coming out soon - Close Comba: Gateway to Caen, and Close Combat The Bloody First, again these will only be available on Matrix Game's site.

I can confirm Panzer Corps is a great game that I once did an LP on. Not played it multiplayer though, and I don't have time to unfortunately. I'm kinda focusing on Panthers in the Fog multiplayer atm, at least until Gateway to Caen comes out.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1