CC5 H2H - do I need to move on?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

#1: CC5 H2H - do I need to move on? Author: Mistmatz PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:37 am
    —
Hi all,

coming back to CC5 after some time I learned that gamespy is no more and the new thing is gameranger.

I installed it and played a few battles of an operation (vanilla CC5) with a friend, everything worked fine. We tried to pick up our save from that session two days later and the game would crash every time after picking forces (we probably tried a dozen times).
So we went to direct connection which I couldn't get to work with my machine hosting, but it worked with my friend hosting - establishing a connection that is. The save game still did crash on us when going to the map for placement.

So we restarted the operation and it worked fine for the few battles we had that evening. Gameranger still wouldn't work with a new operation that night.

So my question is a) am I doing something blatantly wrong that affects the stability of the game or Gameranger, and maybe more likely b) do I have to move on to one of the newer incarnations of the series to enjoy a more stable h2h?

Moving on would be a bummer since I wouldn't want to loose access to the great variety of mods from CC5. But if I had too, which of the newer ones would be the best to go to for H2H?

#2: Re: CC5 H2H - do I need to move on? Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:45 am
    —
The only thing just as good or better than CC5 right now is the Battle for Caen mod for TLD. It's basically a modded version of GJS for TLD. With all the bugs fixed. Forcepools are heavily modified to.

I don't know if its Gameranger thats the problem. It should just be establishing the connection. I am on GR lots, try it with me and we'll narrow down the problem.

#3: Re: CC5 H2H - do I need to move on? Author: Mistmatz PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:56 am
    —
mooxe wrote (View Post):
The only thing just as good or better than CC5 right now is the Battle for Caen mod for TLD. It's basically a modded version of GJS for TLD. With all the bugs fixed. Forcepools are heavily modified to.

I don't know if its Gameranger thats the problem. It should just be establishing the connection. I am on GR lots, try it with me and we'll narrow down the problem.

Thanks for the offer, which timezone do you live in? I am in GMT+8 and can only play in the evenings. Or maybe a brief session in the morning.

Close Combat Series -> H2H Multiplayer

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1