Editing team weapons
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: Editing team weapons Author: brunel PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:16 pm
    —
Hello, I am currently playing the Battle of Berlin Mod and think its fantastic. However, playing as the Germans, I'm finding the Russians a tad too strong. In particular, the command teams for a Russian Infantry group always seem to have artillery support, meaning its pointless me having any kind of infantry as they get blown up in seconds. The Russians have separate artillery observers too, so it seems a bit overkill. Is there anyway to remove this weapon from the command squad so they act like normal infantry? I've noticed I can't seem to deploy them in buildings either when playing as the Russians. Many thanks!

#2: Re: Editing team weapons Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:36 am
    —
Not an exact answer.
But I hope it helps.

#3: Re: Editing team weapons Author: brunel PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:22 am
    —
Thanks, I managed to change the BOB_Workbook_TLD.xls but when I edited the alsteams file (changing weapon 55 to weapon 41) I received the following error message when starting TLD:

Invalid item in row 0 in file C:\Matrix Games\CloseCombat The Longest Day\BOB\Data\Base\alsteams.txt

What did I do wrong?

#4: Re: Editing team weapons Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:42 pm
    —
There is no ability to change weapons on the alsteams page.
What exactly did you change?

#5: Re: Editing team weapons Author: brunel PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:02 pm
    —
I edited the alsteams.txt file to match what I had put in the BOB Workbook, using the diagram you posted. If you can't edit the alsteams.txt file, how does the game recognise the changes?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1